द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस Kaylee's The Mark of Athena & The हीरोस Final Stand (COMPLETED)

kayleegurule posted on Feb 25, 2012 at 06:46AM
JASON 1

I hadn’t been nervous the entire journey from Long Island to California, but now that Camp Jupiter was finally in site I was starting to freak out. Leo had sent a video message to Tyson, so hopefully Percy had had time to warn the Senators and Reyna. I could already see some campers coming to the Field of Mars from the window. I just hope they don’t shoot us down.
As we got closer to the ground, I was able to spot a lot of familiar faces; Bobby, Dakota, Hazel, Gwen, and most importantly Reyna. I remember Reyna again, I also remember the last day of my life at camp, and the last day I’d had with her.
Reyna and I were in the Senate House discussing some of the problems at camp, when Reyna asked me whether or not I could remember any of my family.
“Not really,” I answered simply. “Lupa took me in at the age of two. I remember a girl a few years older than me with black hair and blue eyes but that’s about it. Why?” I added kind of curious.
Reyna shrugged her shoulders. “I’ve just never heard you talk about them before.”
“Yeah, well, at least you have a sibling to talk and hang out with,” I countered.
“Correction. I haven’t talked to Hylla since the war. I hate it when she doesn’t respond to my letters.”
“I may not have ever met her, but if she is anything like you then I expect that she’ll be okay.”
“And what am I like, exactly?”
“Oh you know, smart, fierce, brave, a good fighter, strong, you’re good hearted, nice, intimidating, and really pretty.”
“I’m really pretty? I’ve never heard you talk about me like that before.”
“You never asked.”
I’m still not sure which one of us leaned in first, all I know left is that later that night, after Reyna and I had stopped kissing and went to our separate praetor houses. Juno stole my memories and made me sleep for two months, until I woke up on the bus with Leo and Piper.
Suddenly, I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone calling my name. It was Piper. Today her chocolate brown hair was all the same length now and she had it in her usual braid. I still couldn’t figure out what color her eyes were because they were always changing from blue, green, and brown. Piper still refused to wear makeup. Only one word can describe the way she looked; Beautiful.
“Um, what’s up?” I said trying to change my train of thought.
“Leo said we’ll be landing in a minute and that you should probably go first, which Annabeth and I both agree on.”
I nodded and followed her into the steering room of the Argo II. Leo was in the pilot’s seat clicking a few buttons for the landing. He had definitely gotten stronger from working in the forges at Camp Half-Blood, but he was still smaller compared to his brothers and sisters. His hair was still as dark and curly as ever and he had bags under his eyes obviously from all the days he missed sleep so he could work on the Argo II.
Annabeth was sitting next to him in the passenger’s seat, while looking out the window; she was obviously lost in thought. Her curly blonde hair was down and she was dressed in her usual orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and jeans. Her grey eyes seemed to be darker than usual. Even though I’ve only known her for eight months I knew what she was thinking about; her boyfriend. Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon.
Percy is a Greek demigod who went to Camp Half-Blood for four years. Until Juno stole his memories and put him to sleep for eight months. Now he’s here at Camp Jupiter trying to get the Roman demigods to trust the Greeks.
All of a sudden, I was thrown backward and landed on the floor. Piper had done the same.
“We’ve landed,” Leo said completely unnecessary.
“Are you ready Jason?” Annabeth asked getting up from her chair and helping Piper.
“More nervous, than ready,” It was true but I went over to the door anyway and waited for it to open. “Hello, Camp Jupiter,” I added to myself.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­**

My Other Forums

My Whole Life Was A Lie: link

The Stolen Trident: link

Taken By The Earth: link

Camp Half-Blood & Camp Jupiter read the Percy Jackson series: link

Camp of Couples: link

The Undercover Hero: link

A Rueful Wish: link

My Wattpad Account: link

My Fanfiction.Net Account: link
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­
The Mark of Athena

Nine shall save the dangerous sea,
Ocean's Prince finds the ghost king to free.
Wisdom's daughter walks alone,
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome.
One shall rescue the eight,
Son of Fire closes death's gate.
Descendents of the horse help the dove,
Prince of Lightning finds an old friend from above.
Legacy of the sun strikes another,
Daughter of Owl is saved by Death, Sky, and Water.

The Heroes Final Stand(1)

Death's daughter shall be found,
Fire to be rescued from Earth's mound.
Legacy of Poseidon shall meet his end,
An old friend will return to defend.
The traitor will make a choice,
The Earth shall be controlled with a voice.
Curse of Riches to be broken,
Stick of Life to go up smoken.
Daughter of War repeats a decision,
Son of Lightning sacrifices a mission.
Death's son shall return with the past,
Gods or Giants to last.

The Heroes Final Stand(2)

You shall sail with the old ship of bone,
You shall find a friend who is not alone.
But beware to fight without fire,
And to fly home without a fighter.

*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­**
last edited on Aug 23, 2013 at 01:16AM

द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस 607 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 607

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना kayleegurule said…
I'll post in the morning. And thank you for the excellent comments guys, I love you all and I would never actually abandon one of my stories.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना BlazeFireSpirit said…
oooohh I knew you wouldn't. you've got spunk ;D. but you're keeping me in ultimate suspense! did I mention that you're story was the best I've ever read???
come on tomorrow hurry up...
FRANK 53

After Reyna, Annabeth, and I left everyone else all we wanted to do was lead these monsters away from them. As we were running Annabeth put on her invisibility cap and began attacking monsters, I changed into an alligator and tore up monsters with my jaws while Reyna used my bow and arrows to shoot monsters.
Before we knew it all the monsters that had been chasing us were destroyed. Since we had no idea where the rest of the group would be we decided to go outside and help the Hunters and Amazons. It took a little time but we eventually found a tunnel that led to the arena. When we arrived there were centaurs, earthborn, hellhounds, probably every type of monster you could think of.
I quickly changed into an eagle and flew into the air so I could get an aerial view. I saw him in the distance. He looked like a sumo wrestler in a diaper. Hades, he smelled like a dirty diaper.
Curse my eagle senses, I thought.
I flew over to where I saw Annabeth fighting a telekine. She had just managed to kill it when I landed next to her.
“Do you know who that is?” I asked, once I had turned back human.
Annabeth looked at the giant and sighed. “Yes, that’s Alpos. He was supposed to defeat Dionysus.”
“What do we do?” I asked. “We can’t kill a giant without the help of a god or goddess.”
“We’ll do the only thing we can do,” Annabeth raised her knife in a defense position. “We stall him until a god comes to his or her senses and helps us.”

I felt relieved when I saw Percy and Jason running towards us. Annabeth and I hadn’t been doing very good.
Annabeth had been able to stab Alpos in the foot and ankle several times but those only made him cry out and bleed a little. I wasn’t doing much better. I would fly over him as some kind of bird then change into a lion or something and land on his head or shoulders and attack him. I left some really good marks but nothing that would make him lose energy.
Unfortunately the guys had also distracted me. As I watched them the giant raised his fist and hit me so he sent me flying backwards a good twenty feet. I landed against one of the rock walls of the Colosseum. The force of that hit would definitely cause a couple of broken bones if I hadn’t been so chubby. Who knew that my fat would actually protect me someday?
I glanced around and it was easy to tell which side was losing. The wounded and dead laid in the streets. We’d lost half the amount of Hunters that we started with. The death toll for the Amazons was about the same. If the other’s didn’t shut down the Doors of Death soon, than we’d lose for sure.
I got up shakily and looked over to where the giant was trying to be controlled. Percy was flying on Blackjack and using a hurricane from the Tiber river, while Jason was flying on a horse shaped storm spirit and using a thunder storm. They were both giving that giant everything they got. I looked around for other familiar faces. I could see Thalia, Reyna, Hylla, Kenzie, Hazel but as I looked around for Annabeth I quickly realized that she wasn’t there.
It’s fine, I thought. She’d probably just under her invisibility cap fighting monsters.
The more I told myself that the less i seemed to believe it. Annabeth wouldn’t just run off in the middle of a battle. Not when all of her friends and family needed her. It was something else. There were only a couple of reasons why Annabeth would disappear. 1) A family or friend is in danger, 2) Something was forcing her to go by threatening a loved one, 3) . . . actually there is no three. I fairly sure those are the only reasons why she’d leave.
I have no idea whether I should tell Percy or not. He’d most likely flip, want to go look for her, and then he’d be distracted in battle. But then again, he’d KILL me if I didn’t tell him and something happened to Annabeth. . . . I know what to do.
Despite my pounding head, I burst into a sprint trying to make my way towards Percy, Jason, and the giant. Although about halfway there I stopped, thinking this is ridicules, then changed into a cheetah. I broke into a run with my cheetah speed. Good news: cheetahs run fast. Bad news: Cheetahs reflexes aren’t that great. I ended up running into various monsters, I had to kill them pretty quickly to get out of there safely.
Unfortunately when I was at least five feet away from them I was thrown forward by a burst of heat. All thoughts of Annabeth immediately left my brain when I landed on the ground with a thud. Before my eyes even opened I moved my hand to my pocket to check on my stick, my eyes shot open and widened when I couldn’t feel it in my pocket. Worry began to spiral through me. I checked all of my pockets. I looked around hoping that it had just fallen to the ground. I saw Hazel a few feet away and breathed a sigh of relief, remembering that she had my stick. The worry disappeared but to only reappear when I saw what made me fly a good few feet.
Part of the Colosseum was on fire from an explosion and last I checked three of our friends were still in there.

last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
cake
cool story! The tension was built up very good! awesome job! you deserve some CAKE after all that hard work! I'm sure that the rest of the chapters will be a piece of cake after these chapters!
 cool story! The tension was built up very good! awesome job! आप deserve some CAKE after all that har
Post more please! you're story is amazing!
JASON 54

When I saw the giant, I knew we were in trouble.
The giant, Alpos, was about forty feet tall with dark purple skin, that was the color of fresh grapes. His hair was made out of actual green grape vines. As he walked closer I could see that he had a wild yet dazed expression on his face. He wore nothing but a loincloth that was made out of leopard skin. He walked unsteadily with an uneven gate towards the Colosseum.
Percy and I pulled out our swords and ran towards the giant. As we got closer I could see Frank and Annabeth unsuccessfully distracting the giant. Alpos swung his arm around and managed to hit Frank. Frank went soaring a good few feet through the air before crashing into a stone wall. Then he managed to kick Annabeth away and she was sent higher into the sky. I never got a chance to see where she landed because I heard a furious Percy scream then charge the giant head on. So I had no choice but to follow.
The giant saw Percy charge him and aimed a kick in his direction, only it didn’t work because Percy dodged the kick, rolled between the giants legs, quickly stood up and stabbed the giant in the back of the leg. As the giant was focused with Percy I somersaulted into the air, flew higher towards the giants stomach, and slashed his gut. We continued slashing and stabbing the giant in various places. The giant started to roar in frustration.
“GIVE UP DEMIGODS! YOUR LITTLE SWORDS ARE USELESS AGAINST ME!” Alpos bellowed. “YOU CAN NOT DESTROY ME! YOU DON’T HAVE A GOD WITH YOU! THEY LEFT YOU HERE TO DIE! THEY DON NOT CARE FOR YOU! GIVE UP AND JOIN GAEA NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!”
I glanced at Percy and saw the same determination in his eyes that I was feeling. I knew that we’d never give up. As long as we were alive, we’d be fighting for the Gods and no one else. Percy met my eyes and we instantly had a plan. When we learned how to study each other so successfully, I have no idea.
I charged towards Percy. When we were close enough I grabbed his arm and we flew into the air. Alpos tried to punch us out of the sky but I managed to dodge all of his strikes. As soon as we were over the giant's shoulder I dropped Percy and he landed on the giant's collarbone with ease. Percy raised his sword and plunged it hilt deep into the giant's ear. Alpos roared and shook so bad that Percy lost his balance and began to fall towards the ground, but before I could even react Percy's pegasus, Blackjack, caught him and they began flying back up towards the giant.
Only that's when the bad part began. The clouds changed to grey, the sky became dark, I could feel electricity in the air grow stronger, the wind started to become stronger and rougher. Before I could see them, I knew what was happening just by the change in atmosphere.
Different animal and person shaped storm spirits flew through the air. I recognized a few of them from my quest with Leo and Piper. The storm spirit, Dylan, was flying around causing trouble like the rest of the venti. The demigods will be having a hard time defeating them if Leo, Piper, and Nico don’t hurry up. I remembered how hard it was to defeat them. My sword barely did the job and they would reappear in a matter of minutes.
My thoughts were soon interrupted when I heard the sound of a horse neigh. It immediately sounded familiar. I looked up and saw the same mustang storm spirit, Tempest, that I met on my quest with Leo and Piper. When he saw me in the air he began to ride the clouds. Now when I mean ride the clouds, I don’t mean like walking on a cloud, I mean his legs became grey, clouds of moisture and water. He came towards me with lightning speed, when he was close enough I jumped onto his back and rode him towards the giant.
Percy and I used all of our powers against the giant as we rode Blackjack and Tempest through the air. I was shocked when I saw Percy bring a hurricane all the way to the giant when the only water source near by is the original Tiber River across the city. I sent lightning bolt after lightning bolt at the giant. I could tell from his lack of energy that the giant was starting to lose. But no matter how tired he got we wouldn't be able to kill him without a god.
"Percy!" I yelled. "Are there any gods that owe you favors or do they all hate you?"
Percy flew Blackjack next to me. "Why? Because now is not exactly the time to count how many immortals hate me."
"If there's a god that likes you then he or she might be willing to help us defeat this thing," I explained pointing at the giant that was stalking towards us.
"I'll try. Distract him!" Percy said, before flying away.
Oh, jeez, thanks Percy, I thought. You go do whatever and I'll stay here and distract a forty foot giant!
Well, it's now or never. I ran Tempest towards Alpos' head, when Tempest was close enough I jumped off and watched as my horse ran through the giant's head. Alpos sparked with electricity.
"I will get you son of Jupiter. You think that you can win this war but you have no idea what is in stake,” he warned. “This war is no where near over."
Before I could respond arrow after arrow began to hit Alpos through the head. I used my power and shot a lightning bolt at him.
“NO!” Alpos screamed as he started to disintegrate. “You can not destroy me!”
“Well, looks like I just did,” I said as he glowed the color of purple and disappeared.
“What do you think he meant?” Percy asked as he pulled Blackjack up next to me.
“I have no idea,” I said turning towards him.
"What god did you use? Apollo?" I asked.
Percy shook his head. "Artemis."
I raised my eyebrows confused because I thought Diana hated boys. Percy must have guessed what I meant, because he said, "She owed me a favor."
Before I could respond the sound of an explosion rang my eyes. The force of it knocked me off of Tempest. I went flying towards the ground, this time not in control. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was half of the Colosseum exploding and if I knew any better than Nico, Leo, and Piper were still in there.
big smile
an inspiring chapter! thank you for posting!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Blackjack-Arion said…
big smile
it was epic!!!! i love your story!!!!! your an amazing writer!! pls post again soon :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना crazy_greek said…
I spent a day and a half reading your story(unfortunately, with a lot of interuptions - parents' chores). It's AMAZING!!! You write like a true writer (and I've read A LOT of books)!!! It's not just the plot (it's never boring) it's also your expressions! I love it!!!! Please, post soon!!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना book-worm said…
Awesome chappie!!! I love it please post soon!!!!!!
zzz
Okay fannies this is about eight pages so I hope you enjoy it. Surprisingly i was so focused on it, it didn't even take long to write it. This chapter is Leo and it's his last chapter before The Heroes Final Stand. Comment and read. After this I wont post until I get a page fourteen so comment, comment, comment.

LEO 55

Once Hazel, Jason, and Percy left to join the fight outside Nico, Piper, and I walked through several more tunnels before we found the right place. We were in a dark gloomy hallway, the smell of death seemed to increase, and before us was a pair of bronze double doors.
“Is this it?” Piper asked Nico.
Nico shook his head. “No, these are fake. Gaea was hoping I wouldn’t notice.”
“How do you know?” They looked real to me.
“I can’t explain it, but the real Doors of Death are behind it. I’ll have to shadow travel us into the room.”
“Why not just go through the doors?” I questioned.
“Because Gaea would be expecting that.” Nico said annoyed.
“Oh, really? So you’re an expert on Gaea now?” I snapped.
“Well, I was the one who was captured by her!”
“Okay, sure, just because you spent time in Gaea’s cell does not make you a walking Gaea encyclopedia!” I yelled.
“Guys! Calm down!” I barely registered Piper’s voice as she spoke.
“If I’m a walking Gaea encyclopedia than you’re a murderer!”
“Take that back.”
“I never killed my mom, but you did.”
I tackled Nico to the ground and we began to fight. I could hear Piper speaking to us in the background but it was like having one headphone in while a song played, you hear it but it’s not as loud. I didn’t know what was happening. I’ve always liked Nico and I’d never hurt him. So, than why am I wrestling him and calling him names that would cause Chiron to kick me in the butt with his hoof?
“At least I don’t turn my back on my friends!” I said as I put my arm around his head. “How many times have you betrayed Percy now? Three? Four? You just keep on doing it too, because you know he will always forgive you no matter what.”
“He has to forgive me,” Nico shot out of my hold using a shadow and tackled me onto my back. “He feels too guilty not too. But this isn’t about Jackson! This is about how you killed your own mother. You are useless and worthless! The seven don’t need you! You were great for transportation but now that we have the Argo we don’t need you!”
“Whose we?!” I demanded, rolling Nico over so I pinning him down. “You are not part of the seven!”
“We’ll see,” was all he said before rolling over again and pinning me. This time he quickly drew his sword and held it towards my neck.
“STOP!” A voice suddenly scream it’s way into my subconscious. Nico and I both shook our heads and blinked several times taking in the situation.
What just happened? I wondered.
“What just happened?” Nico asked.
“First of all, get off of me!” I said, pushing him off and standing up.
I glanced at Piper and saw that she had tears in her red eyes. Her cheeks were wet and puffy. Her hair was messed up like she’d ran her hands through it.
Suddenly she launched herself towards me in a hug. She wrapped her arms around my neck and cried into my shoulder. I pulled my arms around her to comfort her. “G-gaea was controlling your-r mind,” Piper cried. “S-she was making you fight. I-I couldn’t get y-you to stop. . .”
“Hey, stop you don’t have to say more. You snapped us out of it in the end,” I told her.
I glanced at Nico and saw him sitting on the ground behind Piper with his head in his hands.
“Thank you,” I whispered, kissing Piper on the forehead.
I pulled away slightly and wiped some of Piper’s tears off of her face with my thumb. They continued to pour but I didn’t stop until they were done. Piper quickly kissed me on the cheek before turning away and helping Nico up. Nico thanked her before turning towards me.
“I’m sorry,” he said barely loud enough to hear.
“It’s cool,” I told him. “I’m sorry too.”
“You were right about something though, I am a bad friend to Percy,” Nico said. “I’ve betrayed him too many times and he always forgives me because it’s his fatal flaw. He can’t lose a friend.”
“No, I was wrong because you’ve also done some good things for Percy,” I informed him.
“Really? Like what?” He asked in disbelief.
“Well, no matter how badly you mess up, you always work it out with him because you can’t lose him either. You’ve lost your mom and your sister. Percy is like a brother to you and you wouldn’t purposely do anything to mess that up. When you sold Percy out to your dad, you helped him escape. When Percy wanted to go find Annabeth, you helped him go. When everyone needed help in the war, you brought your dad, Persephone, and Demeter to fight and we won the war. You may do bad stuff but you do good stuff to fix those bad things.”
He stared at me in disbelief.
Oh, yeah, I thought. A rockin’ body isn’t the only thing I got. I have brains too.
“Come on,” Nico said quietly before walking towards the doors again.
“You know you aren’t worthless, right,” Piper asked me.
Truthfully I kind of believed him. I mean now that the boat's done what does everyone need me for. All I do is build machines and set my hands on fire. Not very great. Sure, I may have the machine that can make a difference between winning and losing in this war but other than that I’m not needed. But I didn’t tell Piper that.
“Yeah, sure,” I lied unconvincingly.
Piper put her hands on my shoulders. “Leo, don’t listen to the fake words that Gaea was making Nico say. You are truly, one-hundred percent needed. We wouldn’t have even gotten this far without you. Besides what about that line in the prophecy that says, ‘Son of Fire to close Death’s gate?’ Your destiny is to close the Doors of Death.”
‘My destiny is to close the Doors of Death?’ It can’t be. Why would I be able to close the doors? I’m nothing special. I’m just a foster kid from Texas whose ran away more times than can count. This time last year I was in court being assigned to go to Wilderness School in the fall where I met Piper and Jason and my whole life ended up changing. I’m just a son of Hephaestus, I’m nothing special.
“Piper, what do you see when you look at me? Because I see a useless, Son of Hephaestus, foster kid, with pointy ears.”
“I see a handsome, sometimes funny, powerful, strong, amazing friend who would build a machine that could save the world if he could,” Piper told me.
I stared at Piper in disbelief.
Handsome? Strong? Powerful? Where the Hades did those come from?
Piper giggled at my expression and led me towards Nico who was staring at the Doors intently.
“Ready?” He asked us, putting his hands on our shoulders.
“Ready,” Piper said. She turned towards me. “Are you ready?”
I nodded. “Ready.”
That was the last thing I saw before being enveloped into a dark, grey, smoky cloud.

When I opened my eyes Nico, Piper, and I were in a dark circular room. Beams were on the ways holding up the ceiling and there was a glass skylight in the middle of the roof so I could see the night sky. But what really caught my attention was the doors. At the far end of the room was a pair of double doors. The doors had huge, old fashioned hinges probably the type you’d see on a castle. There was a huge key whole that would probably take a key the size of my foot. In the middle of the double doors was one single letter. D.
“Those it?” I whispered. I have no idea why I felt the need to be quiet.
Nico nodded. “Yeah, those are the Doors of Death.”
“Too bad you’ll never get a chance to close them,” A voice behind us spoke up.
We whipped around to see Gaea standing before us in her usual dirt dress and face cover, thing. Her eyes, thankfully, were still half closed.
“What do you want?” Piper asked, pulling out her knife, Nico pulled out his sword, while I pulled out . . . mints?
Man, I’ve got to stop doing that, I thought angrily.
I dug my hand back into my tool bag and, this time, I pulled out a sledge hammer. Thank gods.
“Oh, nothing,” Gaea said nonchalantly. “I just came to see how you would do but I did bring a little good luck gift.”
Suddenly four earthborn and five hellhounds erupted from the ground. Trust me when I say that none of them looked friendly.
“Nico, any chance you can control them?” I asked helpfully.
Nico took a step forward. “I am Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, god of death, Lord of the Underworld. You are creatures of the Underworld. Obey me.”
The creatures must not have found Nico very impressive because the hellhounds starting growling and stalking towards us.
“Guess not,” Nico squeaked.
"Leo get to the doors," Piper told me. "Nico and I will distract the monsters."
"No way, you'll be killed!" I refused.
"Leo! You have to! It's your destiny," Piper had tears in her eyes again.
Part of me knew that she was right but another part didn't want it to be true. Nico and Piper may be able to handle the monsters for a while but eventually they'd get over run and defeated. Although if the Doors of Death don’t get closed then everyone will be over run and defeated.
“I trust you,” I told them. “Just . . . be careful.
Piper and Nico both nodded before charging towards the monsters. While they fought, I dashed towards the doors. I tried to will a fireball to appear in my hand only it didn’t work. My powers weren’t working. I know how to close them but I need my fire powers and my powers aren’t working.
‘When you need your powers most they will not come. Your friends will die because of you,’ I remembered.
I said some words that even Gaea would be ashamed to say. How could I forget about the curse that Gaea put on me? Great, because I can’t use my powers my friends will die and it’ll be my fault. Suddenly a thought came to mind. Something that Percy told me.

*FLASHBACK*

I was on the deck if the Argo II thinking about the curse that Gaea put on me when Percy came up to me.
“Hey,” he said. “What’s up?”
“Not much, just thinking.”
Percy nodded in understanding.
He turned to leave, but stopped when I said, “Can I asked you something?”
“Sure,” he shrugged.
“What would you do if you didn’t have your powers?”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean what would you do if you powers suddenly . . . stopped but you really needed them? Like life or death needed them.”
Percy seemed to think about it for a minute.
“You know the good thing about having element powers is that it’s easier to call upon them when needed. If I lost my powers I could still use them.”
“What?” I asked really confused.
“You know seventy percent of the human body is made up of water,” Percy told me. “If I ever needed to then I could use the water from my body. Jason could use the air in his lungs. You could use your body heat. We all have a way to call our powers if needed except-”
“Except?”
“It’s so dangerous it could end up killing us.”
With that last thought Percy went back into the ship to leave me to think about what he said.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

“I could use my body heat,” I said to myself in a monotone.
I closed my eyes and concentrated as if my life depended on it. Which technically it did. I could feel all of my body heat leaving my body. I cracked my eyes open and saw that my skin was white and cold. If I was laying down I would probably look dead.
I willed my body to set on fire. I breathed a sigh of relief when it obeyed. I could feel the heat raising in the room. I sent heat and fire at the metal that was on the door. I started to do the same thing to the door that I do at camp in the forges. If you add heat to metal it melts and shapes and when it’s cool then you will have a hard time trying to break it. I watched as the metal on the door began to melt. I willed the metal to close the openings on the doors. So every single crack on the doors had melting, hardening metal.
Eventually I removed the heat from the door so that the metal could harden. As soon as I willed my heat away I collapsed to me knees in exhaustion. I could feel my whole body shaking . I barely had enough energy to open my eyes. When my eyes opened I noticed something that I hadn’t noticed before. The room we’re in is on fire. There was fire everywhere.
I looked around and saw Nico holding Piper back and trying to shadow travel her out of the room. I tired calling out to her but my voice wouldn’t work. Suddenly a shadow crept over me. I looked up and saw a very angry Gaea standing before me.
“You will pay for this Leo Valdez.” You could hear the loath in her voice. “You may have closed the Doors of Death and saved your friends but because of that you will never see them or the light of day again.”
Darkness crept over me. I looked around and saw that the earth was swallowing me. Dirt began to block my vision. I started having a hard time breathing because of the earth in my lungs. I couldn’t feel myself anymore. I couldn’t tell whether I was dead or alive as my body sunk through the earth to an unknown place.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ontril86 said…
^Love that song, great chapter by the way. I hope you post soon cause that's an evil cliffhanger, and I should know.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना kkw1700 said…
wink
awwww no more chappies?! :'( plzplzplzplzplz post!youre really good and this is probably the best MOA fanfiction ive read so far and ive added it to my favorites bar so i can keep up. i kept going from Gasp! OMG! LoL. Oh sanp! LoL, LoL!OMG. Yay! then sniflle cuz it was a cliffie. Your an awesome writer so k eep it up and dont abandon tthis!

~ k
Fannies,
I would never abandon any of my forums. I didn't say this was the last chapter, I said this was the last Leo chapter before the sequel. I have maybe 3, 4 chapters left before The Heroes Final Stand. Thank you for all of your support. I wouldn't even be doing this if it was for the pleasure I get from those comments. I look back at the first chapter all the time and I can just see how my writings progressed and matured as a writer. Thank you everyone, I love you all and I hope you keep reading.
We love you too kaylee!!!!!! Please post soon!
big smile
YAY!!! super super SUPER awesome story!!!! I love it!
Come on fannies I only need seven more comments before a new page then i'll update again.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना universalpowa said…
:D

OPHWOW i missed a lot...LOL. So yeah, I think that was an EPIC ending..................................an­d please post soon :P LOL.
Uhwow I readthisyesterdaybutcouldnotlogincoughcoug­hpo­sts­oon C:
post !
5 more comments . . .
Please post!!!
Come on people comment!!!
3 more comments!!!
This is my last comment!!!! One more some one else get it!!!
[forgot to add in earlier comment]

OMG! It says his friends will die because of it and NOOO YOU CANT KILL NICO D: *sob*

Lol that's all I had to say and PLEASEEE postt soooooooooonnnnnn :P
Oh new page XD just occured to me AHAH
wait, we were counting comments? O.o lol
Yay!!!!! NEW PAGE!!!!!!!
big smile
Yay!
big smile
Post soon!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Kybug17 said…
wink
POSTPLZ!!!!!!
Last Annabeth chapter before the Heroes Final Stand.

ANNABETH 56
I'd never planned almost dying in a place that's honored to my mother. But then again there's a lot of stuff that happened that I hadn't planned. For example: Luke dying, me dating a son of Poseidon, Thalia dying then coming back to life, and last but not least me getting grey streaks in my hair by holding the sky. Because that’s how the life of a demigod is. Unpredictable. Nothing ever goes right.
After watching Frank and Reyna join in the battle I could already tell that we had a slim chance of winning this. Amazons and Hunters already littered the streets. There blood in pools next to them. Luckily for the actually war we’ll have about four to five hundred demigods, Hunters, Amazons, and hopefully gods on our side. So we’ll have a bit of a better chance but it’ll be slim no matter what.
I put my calculating on hold as I joined the fight.
I fought with my knife like I’d never fought before. I slashed and attacked people faster than usual. It was all going good until I realized, I didn't have my invisibility cap with me. I searched all of my pockets but it wasn't there. It must have been stolen. Usually if something was stolen I'd blame Conner and Travis but they aren't here.
"Looking for this," a male voice said behind me.
Before I could even turn around the person had a knife at my throat. I glanced down to look at the knife but I couldn't see it. This person was wearing my invisibility cap.
"If you want your boyfriend to live then come to the Temple of Minerva that's a few blocks away," the voice told me. The voice sounded oddly familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"You'll find out."
Suddenly my hat was placed on the ground and I saw a scrawny, looking blonde haired scarecrow running towards the Colosseum exit. Octavian. He was the one who wanted me to go. One of the lines of the prophecy popped into my head all of a sudden. ‘Legacy of the Sun strikes another.’ Octavian was going to try to kill me and if I don’t go then he’ll kill Percy instead.
I knew what I had to do but before I could go, I let out a loud whistle. Seconds later, Mrs. O’ Leary was sitting in front of me.
“Hey girl,” I said, petting her head lightly. “I need a favor. When the battle’s done give this to Percy okay.”
I hooked my diamond tennis bracelet onto one of the rings of Mrs. O’ Leary’s color. After it was securely on there I patted the hellhound’s head one last time before standing up and putting my invisibility cap on. I felt the mark on my arm burn as pictured the place where I needed to go. When the burning and aching stopped, I opened my eyes and saw that I was standing in front of a white marble, old, crumbled, run down temple. Most of the temple was still in place but chunks of the roof were missing, the words above the doors were hammered off so you couldn’t even read it and various marble stones littered the area from past earthquakes.
I could hear yelling, shouting, and the sound of weapons clanking together as the battle continued a couple of blocks away. I could see the sun beginning to rise on the horizon. If this wasn't such a bad situation I might have thought it was beautiful.
I turned back towards the big, marble, double door of my mother's temple, took a deep breath, and walked inside. Despite how old and worn down the temple is I could still see the beauty in the architecture. The columns were supposed to stand in rows down the beautiful walk way, at the end of the room is a pedestal where a statue of Minerva stood, there would also be helmets, swords, and shields hanging on the walls. In it's time it would have been one of the greatest temples in Rome.
If I wasn't paying so much attention to the architecture I might have realized that someone had closed the doors until I heard the doors slam shut. I whipped around and saw Octavian leaning against the closed double doors with a smug smile on his face. Even in the dark I could see the evil glint in his eyes.
"What do you want Octavian?" I said, through glinted teeth.
"What do you mean?" Octavian asked with fake innocence.
"I mean, why do this? Why join Gaea?" I had to get him talking.
"Because Gaea shows me respect. My whole life the only thing I wanted was to be praetor but did I get that? No, my ex-best friend did instead. He pretended to be my friend just so he could be praetor. Then Lightning Boy Jr disappeared. I told Reyna for months that we needed a new praetor but did she listen? No. When I finally had my chance on the Feast of Fortuna, your boyfriend came and became praetor after a week! I was made a fool of! So when Gaea sent me a very tempting offer I joined. Now everyone who ever hurt me will die and I will never be betrayed again!”
I just watched him walk towards me. I couldn’t believe how much his story sounds like Luke’s. He felt betrayed by his father and the gods so he joined Kronos. Their stories were so alike, it was creepy.
“But killing me? How’s that going to help?” I asked confused.
“You know perfectly well that little Percy would do anything to save you. Well, if you die then he loses his will to continue. Being back in war has already got him on edge but that would make him plummet of the cliff thus making it easier to kill him.”
“I know Percy and if you did anything to me then he would a Hades of a lot more to you.”
“Maybe. But you won’t be there to find out, now will you?”
I didn’t have a point but I knew that deep down he had a point. In a few weeks it will be August 18. Percy’s seventeenth birthday. The anniversary of last years war. Our one year anniversary. Also the day that states it’s been one year since all of our friends died fighting in the war. Percy is going through enough. If something happened to me, he wouldn’t be able to handle it without some major help.
I had to get out of here. I pictured the Colosseum and expected to go there but when I opened my eyes I was still in my mother’s temple. I glanced at Octavian confused and he just flashed me an amused smile.
“Do you know that Minerva is also known as one of the goddesses of magic?” Octavian smiled mischievously. “She put a spell on each of her temples so that magic and powers can’t be used in here.”
I mentally cursed. How could I have forgotten that?
When Octavian was only a foot away from me, I did something I never thought I’d have to do. I raised my leg and kicked him between the legs. I could hear him moaning and groaning on the ground as I ran towards the wide double door. I yanked on the doors as hard as I could but they wouldn’t budge.
He must have locked them! I thought annoyed.
I didn’t realize that Octavian had gotten back up until I was slammed against the wall with him standing in front of me.
“Don’t do that again,” Octavian growled dangerously. “Besides did you really think I’d be stupid enough to leave the doors unlocked!”
“What are you going to do?” I asked nervously.
“This,” was all he said before he plunged some type of shot into my arm.
The effects started to work instantaneously. My legs were going weak and I couldn’t feel my body. My senses began to shut off and my eyes began to close. I was barely aware of my body falling to the ground before blacking out.

Now I know some of u r wondering what the shot is? And if that's what killed her? If shes even dead? U will find out in the next chapter.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO­OOO­OOO­

post soon d8
next chapter will be up by late tonight.
big smile
thanks!
This is the last chapter of the Mark of Athena. The Heroes Final Stand will be posted on July 18.

PERCY 57

When I saw only Piper and Nico come out of the Colosseum I knew something was wrong. Jason and I ran towards the two dirty, beat up demigods. As soon as we got close to them Piper through her arms around Jason’s neck and started crying into his shoulder. I glanced at Nico and he gave me a confirmed nod. Sadness started to overcome me. Leo . . . our friend . . . was dead.
Pretty soon Frank, Hazel, Thalia, and Reyna joined us. When we told them the news Hazel started to cry, Frank looked really sad as he comforted her. Reyna walked over and gave Piper a hug and even Thalia looked a little teary. Only when we stopped crying did I realize that someone was missing.
“Has anyone seen Annabeth?” I asked nervous.
Frank’s eyes widened, like he’d just remembered something. “I was going to tell you,” he informed me. “But I haven’t seen Annabeth since we stopped fighting the giant.”
“What?” I said.
I was incredibly worried now.
“Has anyone else seen her?” I asked.
Everyone shook their heads.
This is bad, I thought. I can’t lose her too.
My thoughts were soon interrupted by a very loud, “WOOF!”
I turned around and saw the gigantic, black, friendly hellhound that is Mrs. O’ Leary come toward me. She immediately started circling around me and whimpering like something was wrong.
“What is it girl?” I asked. “What’s wro-”
I stopped mid-sentence when I saw something on her collar. On one of the loops I saw the familiar green-grey diamond bracelet that I had given Annabeth weeks ago. Why was it hooked onto Mrs. O’ Leary’s collar? Why isn’t Annabeth wearing it? I know Annabeth and she wouldn’t leave unless it was absolutely necessary.
“We have to find Annabeth.” I declared. “Something’s wrong . . .”
“How do you know?” Nico asked. “What is that?”
“It’s Annabeth’s bracelet,” I told him.
“How do you know it’s Annabeth’s?” Reyna asked.
“Because I’m the one who gave it to her. Look if you guys aren’t going to help me look for her than fine but tell me,” I said.
“Percy, calm down,” Thalia said, with her hands on my shoulders. “Okay, just breathe. We will find her.”
“I can’t lose her, Thalia,” I said, voice breaking.
“I know,” Thalia said softly, “and you won’t.”
“Guys, look,” Frank pointed towards our right.
I had to squint to see it but once you saw it, it was perfectly clear. A cloud of smoke hung in the air about something in the city. Before I knew it I was sprinting as fast as I could go towards the smoke. I didn’t stop to see if anyone was following me. I just kept on running.

By the time I got to the smoke, I was sweaty, exhausted, and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack from all of the running. The sight that I saw did not help one bit.
In front of me was a small one story, marble building. It looked like it hadn’t been opened in years. But the worst part was that the building was on fire. Smoke rose from the broken windows. The walls looked black from the char. I didn’t want to believe it but I knew deep down that Annabeth was in there.
My middle name should really be impulsive because, I didn’t think, I didn’t stop, I just ran towards the building and jumped straight through a broken window and into the burning building. I immediately started coughing from the smoke. I might be harder for me to be killed by fire because of my dad but that didn’t mean I couldn’t be killed by it.
“Annabeth!” I yelled. “Annabeth, can you hear me?”
I throat began to dry up from the coughing.
“Annabeth!” I shouted.
I barely had time to roll out of the way before a fiery column fell on top of me. I tried to use my powers to stop the fire but they weren’t working. I mentally cursed. Now was not the time for me to be powerless.
I didn't stop searching. After who knows how long of searching, I was weak, tired, and had several burns on my legs and arms. They were certainly second degree burns but nothing some ambrosia and nectar can't fix. Suddenly relief flooded through me. I saw a body with curly blonde hair laying by the doors.
I ran over towards Annabeth while getting a couple of more burns in the process. When I got to her she was unconscious, dirty from the soot, and she was incredible pale. There were burns on her arms and legs, and her clothes had burn holes in them.
“No, no, no, please Annabeth. Stay with me,” I begged, picking her up bridal style.
I ran towards the nearest window and carefully stepped through it still carrying Annabeth. I took Annabeth across the street into the park and gently laid her down on the ground.
“Percy!” A familiar voice called.
I glanced up and saw Nico and Thalia running towards me.
When they were close enough, I asked, “Where’s everyone else?”
“They’re getting the Argo II and a healer,” Thalia explained.
I felt my heart sink.
“They won’t be here in time,” I said, shaking my head.
“Her life aura . . . it’s faint,” Nico said softly.
“No,” I heard my voice crack.
The tears were falling now. I’ve lost so many loved ones already, I can’t lose the person I love most too.
“What’s wrong with her?” I choked out. “She was passed out when I found her.”
Nico focused his eyes on Annabeth for a few seconds before answering. “The person who did this must have given her anesthesia.”
“Ane-what?” I asked. “I can’t even pronounce that.”
“An-es-thes-i-a,” Nico said, sounding out the word. “It a type of drug that doctors give you sometimes. It paralyzes your muscles, takes away pain, shuts down your senses, pretty much puts you to sleep.”
“How do you know this?” Thalia asked.
“You don’t need to know how many doctors I’ve talked to in the Underworld,” Nico said simply. “But that’s not the point, the point is that whoever did this must have given her the drug so as he or she set the place on fire Annabeth couldn’t find a way to escape.”
“Nico, please tell me there’s a way to save her,” I pleaded.
He seemed to think before answering, “Well, there might be a way but it’s only been done once before. During World War I, the gods separated into groups and went to war with each other. This was before the big three pact so Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades were allowed to have kids. Rose Waterbury daughter of Poseidon, William St. Cloud son of Zeus, and Angelica Clarke daughter of Hades. They were the most powerful children of the big three ever in existence.”
“Is that who you and Jason went to talk to?” I asked.
“Wait, what?” Thalia demanded, glaring at Nico. “You took my brother to the underworld!” Then she shifted her glare at me. “And you didn’t tell me!”
I mentally cursed. I forgot she didn’t know about that.
“Look that’s not the point, and by the way yes that is who we talked to,” Nico said quickly. “Anyway the three wanted to see if they could somehow combine their powers. They learned how and realized that they can do certain things with their powers combined.”
“What do you mean certain things?” I asked.
“I mean they were able to heal and bring people back from the dead,” Nico elaborated.
Happiness began to soar through me.
“Can we do it? Do you know how?” I asked in a rush.
“Yes, I know how. Thalia, you in?” Nico asked, turning towards her.
“Of course, I’m in,” She answered.
“What do we do?” I asked.
“Put your right hand on Annabeth’s forehead,” he instructed.
We did.
“Now we say our names and titles, Percy you first,” Nico informed us, looking at me.
I nodded and started, I said, “Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, Praetor of the Twelfth Legion, returnee of the Lightning Bolt, Helm of Darkness, and Golden Fleece, savior of Artemis, holder of the sky, explorer of the Labyrinth, beholder of the Achilles Curse, Hero and Defender of Olympus, and defeater of Kronos, Hyperion, Atlas, Iapetus, and Polybotes.”
“Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus, Lieutenant of the Hunters of Artemis.”
“Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, Ambassador of Pluto.”
I don’t know how but we all automatically knew the words to say. “We, the children of the big three, want to combine our powers and strengths!”
It was short but effective. The results were automatic. Color returned to Annabeth’s face. The burns on her body started to disappear. The burnt ends on her curls went back to normal. I checked Annabeth’s pulse on her wrist and it was beating normally.
I closed my eyes and I breathed a sigh of relief.
Annabeth was going to be okay. She would survive this.
“Percy,” I heard Thalia gasp.
I opened my eyes and saw Annabeth squinting hers.
“Annabeth,” I said, a smile creepy onto my face.
“Percy?” Annabeth asked.
“Yeah. What happened?” I questioned.
“I don’t know,” Annabeth’s eyebrows furrowed.
“What?” Nico said. “What do you mean ‘I don’t know.’”
“I mean I can’t remember anything after joining in the battle at the Colosseum,” she explained.
“How is that possible?” Thalia asked.
“Sometimes after a traumatic event the person just won’t remember. It’s called selective amnesia,” Annabeth informed us, sitting up with my help. "Anything can bring back the memory: sight, smell, taste, touch, anything."
“I honestly don’t care about that,” I said. “I’m just happy you’re alive.”
I pulled Annabeth into a tight hug. I felt her lean into it and I just tightened my hold around her, if that was possible. I kissed her forehead and knew instantly that I didn’t want anything to ever separate us.
Although I had a very bad feeling that sometime soon something will . . .

Ten minutes later the Argo II had arrived. Somehow Reyna had gotten all of the Hunters and the Amazons on board without difficulty. Some healers were currently helping the wounded. Fortunately the death count was low. The Argo received minimal damage but nothing that wasn’t fixable.
Everyone was happily eating (Frank) or catching up with friends and family (Thalia and Jason, Reyna and Hylla) or just enjoying being alive (me). Annabeth was currently being checked out by healers but the only person who seemed to be in an upsetting mood was Piper. If Leo was here he’d have thrown a party in the game room and blasted LMFAO. Unfortunately there was a very small chance that we’d ever see him again. We’d lost a great friend today and he’ll always be missed. But we won’t stop until Gaea is gone because that is the only way to avenge our friend who is now dead.
Get ready Gaea, I thought. We’re coming for you and you’ll regret messing with us.
NOOOOO LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *SOB*

Well, Im hoping for some crazy twist and he's just being held captive by Gaea or something, IDK. Post soon! :D

---I mean...COME FASTER JULY 18TH! :3
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you killed Leo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! post soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So is this forum officially over? Or....what?
No on the 18th I'll be doing the sequel, The Heroes Final Stand.
Ok sweet!!!!
crying
Leo!!! NOOO!!! *bursts into tears*
Don't cry kkw, everything will be ok
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना mynameis67 said…
Leos not dead they recsue him poor frank
*sigh* All these release dates are wearing me out.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Lt_Pupster said…
eh my only problem with this is it seems sugar coated... like every 1 is getting along.
big smile
post soon!
If you can get a new page then I'll post the first chapter of The Heroes Final Stand. I only need like 3 comments or so until we get a new page.
GAH!!!!!! We
Need a
new page