द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस Kaylee's The Mark of Athena & The हीरोस Final Stand (COMPLETED)

kayleegurule posted on Feb 25, 2012 at 06:46AM
JASON 1

I hadn’t been nervous the entire journey from Long Island to California, but now that Camp Jupiter was finally in site I was starting to freak out. Leo had sent a video message to Tyson, so hopefully Percy had had time to warn the Senators and Reyna. I could already see some campers coming to the Field of Mars from the window. I just hope they don’t shoot us down.
As we got closer to the ground, I was able to spot a lot of familiar faces; Bobby, Dakota, Hazel, Gwen, and most importantly Reyna. I remember Reyna again, I also remember the last day of my life at camp, and the last day I’d had with her.
Reyna and I were in the Senate House discussing some of the problems at camp, when Reyna asked me whether or not I could remember any of my family.
“Not really,” I answered simply. “Lupa took me in at the age of two. I remember a girl a few years older than me with black hair and blue eyes but that’s about it. Why?” I added kind of curious.
Reyna shrugged her shoulders. “I’ve just never heard you talk about them before.”
“Yeah, well, at least you have a sibling to talk and hang out with,” I countered.
“Correction. I haven’t talked to Hylla since the war. I hate it when she doesn’t respond to my letters.”
“I may not have ever met her, but if she is anything like you then I expect that she’ll be okay.”
“And what am I like, exactly?”
“Oh you know, smart, fierce, brave, a good fighter, strong, you’re good hearted, nice, intimidating, and really pretty.”
“I’m really pretty? I’ve never heard you talk about me like that before.”
“You never asked.”
I’m still not sure which one of us leaned in first, all I know left is that later that night, after Reyna and I had stopped kissing and went to our separate praetor houses. Juno stole my memories and made me sleep for two months, until I woke up on the bus with Leo and Piper.
Suddenly, I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone calling my name. It was Piper. Today her chocolate brown hair was all the same length now and she had it in her usual braid. I still couldn’t figure out what color her eyes were because they were always changing from blue, green, and brown. Piper still refused to wear makeup. Only one word can describe the way she looked; Beautiful.
“Um, what’s up?” I said trying to change my train of thought.
“Leo said we’ll be landing in a minute and that you should probably go first, which Annabeth and I both agree on.”
I nodded and followed her into the steering room of the Argo II. Leo was in the pilot’s seat clicking a few buttons for the landing. He had definitely gotten stronger from working in the forges at Camp Half-Blood, but he was still smaller compared to his brothers and sisters. His hair was still as dark and curly as ever and he had bags under his eyes obviously from all the days he missed sleep so he could work on the Argo II.
Annabeth was sitting next to him in the passenger’s seat, while looking out the window; she was obviously lost in thought. Her curly blonde hair was down and she was dressed in her usual orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and jeans. Her grey eyes seemed to be darker than usual. Even though I’ve only known her for eight months I knew what she was thinking about; her boyfriend. Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon.
Percy is a Greek demigod who went to Camp Half-Blood for four years. Until Juno stole his memories and put him to sleep for eight months. Now he’s here at Camp Jupiter trying to get the Roman demigods to trust the Greeks.
All of a sudden, I was thrown backward and landed on the floor. Piper had done the same.
“We’ve landed,” Leo said completely unnecessary.
“Are you ready Jason?” Annabeth asked getting up from her chair and helping Piper.
“More nervous, than ready,” It was true but I went over to the door anyway and waited for it to open. “Hello, Camp Jupiter,” I added to myself.
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­**

My Other Forums

My Whole Life Was A Lie: link

The Stolen Trident: link

Taken By The Earth: link

Camp Half-Blood & Camp Jupiter read the Percy Jackson series: link

Camp of Couples: link

The Undercover Hero: link

A Rueful Wish: link

My Wattpad Account: link

My Fanfiction.Net Account: link
*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­
The Mark of Athena

Nine shall save the dangerous sea,
Ocean's Prince finds the ghost king to free.
Wisdom's daughter walks alone,
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome.
One shall rescue the eight,
Son of Fire closes death's gate.
Descendents of the horse help the dove,
Prince of Lightning finds an old friend from above.
Legacy of the sun strikes another,
Daughter of Owl is saved by Death, Sky, and Water.

The Heroes Final Stand(1)

Death's daughter shall be found,
Fire to be rescued from Earth's mound.
Legacy of Poseidon shall meet his end,
An old friend will return to defend.
The traitor will make a choice,
The Earth shall be controlled with a voice.
Curse of Riches to be broken,
Stick of Life to go up smoken.
Daughter of War repeats a decision,
Son of Lightning sacrifices a mission.
Death's son shall return with the past,
Gods or Giants to last.

The Heroes Final Stand(2)

You shall sail with the old ship of bone,
You shall find a friend who is not alone.
But beware to fight without fire,
And to fly home without a fighter.

*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­**
last edited on Aug 23, 2013 at 01:16AM

द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस 607 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 607

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Rickfan said…
post soon!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना kayleegurule said…
Im giving u this chapter before school so enjoy!

LEO 45

I bet you could guess who I went into hiding with. If you guessed Piper, you would be correct. Piper and I ran down dark hallways that seemed to go on forever. Good news: Percy’s earthquake had stopped. Bad news: Monsters we chasing us and we were quickly getting tired out.
“I can’t run anymore,” Piper gasped coming to a halt.
I knew she was right. We were both tired and worn out. We had to find a place rest for a bit before we tried escaping. I looked around frantically for a hiding spot. Then I saw it. The words CELLAR were on the door. I grabbed Piper’s arm and dragged her over to the door. I yanked on the handle but it was locked.
“Do you have a hair pin?” I asked Piper.
She nodded and pulled one out of her hair.
I took it and placed the bobby pin into the lock. I kept moving it around until I heard a click. I opened the door and pulled Piper inside quickly locking the door behind us. We walked down the stairs and hid in a little, dark space underneath.
I don’t know how much time had passed but eventually our breathing began to slow. I could feel Piper shaking slightly next to me from the cold.
“Here,” I mumbled wrapping my arms around her shoulders and raising my body heat.
“Thanks,” Piper said, she was still shivering but not as much. “How are we gonna get out of here?”
Truthfully, I wasn’t even thinking about how we were going to escape. I was too focused on Piper. The way her long, soft hair smelled like apples. The way here kaleidoscope eyes seemed to read my mind. How she was leaning against me and had her head on my chest. It’s official, I’m Piper crazy. When I find Piper’s mom I’m going to burn her hair and her wardrobe.
“Remember what you first said to me when we met?” I asked smiling at the memory.
“I asked if you were a Mexican elf in disguise,” Piper answered quietly laughing. “Although they weren’t real memories, remember? It was just the mist. I doubt we would have even become friends if it wasn’t for the whole mist thing.”
“I think we would have,” I disagreed. “Jason and my friendship may have been fake and your relationship may have been fake but ours won’t be.”
Piper raised her eyebrows at me and I realized what I’d said.
“Our friendship, I mean,” I said quickly, hoping that she couldn’t see me blush.
Piper rolled her eyes. “Whatever, Valdez. You’re such a horrible liar.”
“Oh really? Well we’ll have to test that now, won’t we?” Piper was no longer shivering but I was a bit reluctant to let her go.
“I don’t know about you but I’m in the mood for a taco,” I told her.
Piper laughed my favorite laugh. “A taco? Really, Leo? How can you think of a taco at a time like this?”
“I’m a sixteen year old guy,” I informed her, although she already knew. “What do you expect? My stomach is like a bottomless pit.”
Piper pretended to think for a moment. “No, that’s Frank’s stomach.”
It was my turn to laugh. “Okay, you got me there. No one can eat like him.”
I couldn’t help what I did next. I began to drop my head down towards her. Piper didn’t seem to mind. Unfortunately our noses barely touched when my IPod buzzed. I was slightly more disappointed than confused this time. I pulled out my Bronze metal IPod and checked the message.

TO: LEO
Outside with Reyna, Nico, Annabeth, and Percy. Where are you?

I showed Piper the text. “Ask him if they’ve seen Frank and Hazel?”

TO: JASON

Frank and Hazel?

Jason replied almost instantly.

TO: LEO

Haven’t seen them. But get out now from what we can see the monsters are planning something. I don’t know what. Are you with Piper?

Sure now he’s concerned, I thought.

TO: JASON

Yes, I’m with Piper. We’ll get out now. See you in ten.

I put my IPod back in my pocket and turned towards Piper. She nodded as if reading my mind. We got up and climbed up the stairs. I unlocked the doors and peaked out first. No monsters. No activity. Nothing. I immediately got a bad feeling.
“We should hurry,” I told Piper as we walked out of the cellar.
We only managed to walk a handful of steps before I knew that something was wrong. Ever since I learned how to control my powers I’ve been able to sense when there was a fire close by, this was one of those times. I smelled a familiar oily substance in the air as well.
“You have to get out of here,” I told Piper as I dragged her down the hallway at a running pace.
“Why? What’s going on, Leo?” Piper asked sounding scared.
“The monsters put oil around all of the exits and now they’re setting fire to them,” I said positive that this was the plan. “I can survive this but you can’t we have to find an exit that isn’t lit.”

The longer we ran and looked for an unblocked entrance the more dangerous it got. Black smoke was starting to form and I could tell that Piper was starting to have trouble breathing. I started becoming more frantic to find an exit.
Just as we found an exit that wasn’t blocked by flames, it caught fire. I cursed. We tried to backtrack but two Cyclopes had seen us and were now walking towards us. Looks like since I can’t die by the fire than I’ll die by the Cyclopes.
Apparently Piper had other ideas, she turned towards me and said, “Leo you have to go.”
I could tell by her expression that she was serious. “What? No! You’ll be killed!”
“I’ll be killed anyway, you can escape through the fire I can’t,” Piper insisted. “I’ll find my own way out. But you have to leave.”
“I’m not leaving you,” I said.
“Leo, you have to,” Piper’s voice was soft but commanding, I realized that she was trying to charmspeak me.
“It’s not going to work, Piper,” I could see the Cyclopes were getting closer and the fire getting hotter. “I already lost my mom. I’m not losing you too.”
Piper looked like I’d just flicked her between the eyes. “I’ll make it out, I promise.”
I could tell that no amount of insisting would change Piper’s mind. But I also knew that that was one promise she wouldn’t keep. If I was going to leave Piper alone, who would either die of Cyclopes or fire, than I had to do something first. I kissed Piper. She was a bit surprised at first but she began to kiss back.
“Be careful, Beauty Queen,” I told when we broke apart.
She nodded but still looked a bit surprised.
I turned and ran through the fire. When I was on the other side, I saw melted window. The glass was melted so there was a gaping hole in the wall. I climbed through it. When my feet hit the ground I bolted away from the building. But the farther away I got from the building the harder it was to keep going. It took all of my will power to stop me from doubling back and helping Piper.
I checked my IPod and ran towards the location of my friends. They were on the roof of a hotel watching the warehouse burn. When they saw only me running towards them they began to look very worried.
“Where’s Piper?” Percy demanded.
I tried to bring myself to explain how’d I’d left her alone in a burning building with monsters but I couldn’t. I felt like a failure. I hadn’t been able to save my mom and now I hadn’t saved Piper. Before I could somehow explain all of that to them, there was an explosion from behind me. I turned around and saw my worst fears. The warehouse had blown up and Piper was most likely still inside.

The longer we all searched for Piper in the blown up warehouse, the worse I felt. I mean I abandoned her for Zeus’ sake. Could I have been any less of an idiot? Why did I leave her? Now she’s most likely dead because of me. I’ll never forgive myself. Even if by some miracle that she survives, I’ll still never forgive myself.
As I walked into the hallway that I last saw Piper in, my breathing almost stopped. On the ground covered in ash was Piper’s knife, Katoptris. I began looking through all of the burned wreckage.
After about who knows how long of looking I finally gave up. I slumped on the ground in despair. My hands were shaking. I hated feeling weak and out of control. Last time I felt helpless like this, I’d killed my mom. Piper always told me that it wasn’t my fault but deep down I couldn’t help and believe that it was. I’d failed my mom and now I had failed Piper.
My thoughts were soon interrupted by Percy yelling, “Leo! You better get over here!”
Uh oh, I thought. Percy must have found her.
I slowly stood up and started to walk towards the sound of Percy’s voice. When I found him he and Annabeth were leaning over Piper’s body. Only the strange thing is that Piper looked perfectly fine. Maybe a little dirty from all of the ash on the ground but fine. Almost like the explosion hadn’t affected her at all.
Annabeth looked up at me. Her face looked happy yet grim, like she was trying to find a way to tell me good and bad news.
“Good news: Piper’s alive. Bad news: She’s in a coma,” Annabeth informed me.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Blackjack-Arion said…
big smile
amazing chapter!!!!! loved it sooo much!!!! oooh pls post again soon even though u just posted!!!
post soon!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना bukluvr17 said…
awsome plz post
What did you think of the kiss?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना universalpowa said…
:DDDDD

awesome! post soon :D lol
Dont get too excited about the kiss I still have several chapters left until they're official. Its going to be torture
post soon!
HAZEL 46

I was happy and sad. Happy because Frank was awake. Sad because Piper is now in a coma. By the time we got back to the Argo II, Leo looked like he was about to breakdown. He was carrying Piper. Percy had offered to carry her but Leo looked like he would rather die than be away from Piper right now. It seemed like Gaea was throwing everything she has at us yet is still holding back. Why else would she let Frank wake up?
From what Frank told me, Gaea had just decided that he had seen enough of his fear, so she let him wake up. Its weird Frank still won’t tell me what his fear is. I couldn’t help but wonder what Gaea had showed him that scared him so bad that he went unconscious from it. But I can’t say that I wasn’t happy that Frank woke up. No, happy isn’t the right word. I was more ecstatic.
“Hey,” Frank’s voice interrupted my thoughts.
I turned my head and saw Frank standing in the doorway of my cabin. He looked good despite the fact that he was unconscious for several days. Frank walked over and sat on my bed.
“I just wanted to say sorry,” Frank told me.
“For what?” I asked.
“For having you worry so much while I was unconscious,” Frank continued. “I wish you didn’t have to see me like that. I know it mustn’t have been easy.”
I gave him a small kiss on the lips.
“You were the one who was unconscious from fear and you were worried about me?” I could almost laugh. “That is ridicules.”
“I know but still,” Frank managed a faint smile, “I worry about you.”
“Thank you, but you don’t need to worry,” I gave him a kiss on the cheek.
“Is that right? Then tell me what’s wrong?” Frank said.
“What do you mean?”
“I can see it in your eyes. Something’s bothering you,” Frank declared.
“Okay, fine, I’ll tell you . . .” I told him what I thought about Gaea.
It took me about twenty minutes to explain everything. Frank listened intently and stayed quiet while I talked.
When I finished, Frank said, “We should discuss this with the group.”

We were able to get everybody to meet in the infirmary. Usually we would have meetings in the meeting room but Leo absolutely refused to leave Piper so we had to come to him.
Frank and I explained our theories to everyone. It was kind of hard for me to focus because Leo kept distracting me by drumming his fingers on the metal on Piper’s hospital bed, but I tried my best. When we were finally done explaining everyone looked how I felt: conflicted.
“Why would Gaea go hard but also easy on us?” Reyna wondered.
“To make us go insane,” Nico said non-helpfully.
“Wait Frank, what about your Art of War book? Isn’t there something about this in there?” Percy asked.
I turned to Frank.
“I looked, I couldn’t find anything,” Frank shrugged.
“What was the prophecy again?” Jason asked.
“‘Nine shall sail the dangerous sea,’” Annabeth recited.
“Happened,” I declared.
“‘Ocean’s prince finds the ghost king to free,’” Percy said.
“Definitely happened,” He and Nico said together.
Wisdom’s daughter walks alone,’” I recalled.
“Happened,” Percy sounded sad until Annabeth put her hand on his shoulder.
“‘The Mark of Athena burns through Rome,’” Frank remembered.
Percy and Annabeth eyes met and they seemed to be having a secret conversation.
They looked worried and they probably should be because that prophecy line hasn’t happened yet.
“‘One shall rescue the eight,’” Leo said. “That’s easy that was Annabeth rescuing us.”
“‘Son of fire closes death’s gate,’” Percy turned toward Nico. “Is there a death’s gate?”
“Yeah, actually, the Doors of Death have been referred to as Death’s Gate in the past,” Nico explained. “It just doesn’t have as nice of a ring to it.”
“Great, no pressure there,” Leo mumbled. “I just have to close the Doors of Death.”
I ignored him, and asked, “What’s the next line?”
“‘Descendents of the horse help the dove,’” Frank said turned towards Percy. “That must have been when we saved Piper from the Kraken.”
“I remember the next line is, ‘Prince of Lightning finds an old friend from above,’” Jason recalled.
“After that it’s, ‘Legacy of the sun strikes another,’” Annabeth remembered.
We all looked at each other and muttered the same name in unison, “Octavian.”
“‘[/i]Daughter of Owl is saved by Death, Sky and Water[/i],’” Reyna recited.
Once that line was said, Annabeth looked scared. Percy looked nervous. And Nico looked pale, which is a cool trick considering that he’s already as pale as a ghost.
“Look, I know you’re worried,” Frank announced, he sounded different, almost like a . . . leader? “We all are. But remember what Lupa told us ‘don’t let a fear distract you from what’s important.’ We have to keep going, no matter what.”
“Speaking of Lupa,” Jason spoke up. “There’s something I have to tell you.”
Jason told us about his dream with Lupa and the warnings. I didn’t like them, they seemed too vague. Like even the fates weren’t sure what was going to happen. Mine was . . . confusing. I mean ‘[/i]my burden of a curse will soon be corrected, though it may be different than I ever expected[/i].’ What the Pluto does that mean?
Everyone’s expressions matched each others. I could tell that no one wanted to admit it but they were scared. Well, everyone except Reyna, but she doesn’t exactly have a reason to be scared. I don’t know what’s going to happen but one thing’s for sure; we have got one long road ahead of us.
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना lea07 said…
big smile
Two Thumbs Up!!!
(i'd give you more but i dont have that many) :)
awsome post soon
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना book-worm said…
heart
I just started reading your story and you are an exceptional writer. I wish I was as good as you. I live how you post music with it, when I listen to the songs I imagine the chapter I just read and I can definitely see the connections(: I can't wait for the next chapter. POST SOON!!!!
big smile
loved that chapter pls keep going and post soon cause your an awesome writer :)
heart
Thanks guys I love the amazing praises and comments!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना darange said…
post soon
If u can correctly guess whose POV is next than i'll send u a sneak peak of the chapter. So start guessing!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना theocean5566 said…
big smile
Jason? Anyways post soon
Definitely Jason
idk, LOL.

post soon!! :D awesome sauce :D xD
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना puppies76 said…
awesome! podt soon please
No one has guessed it yet, so keep guessing.
um okay then....
i guess Frank! just because i have no clue. LOL
Annabeth. post soon!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ontril86 said…
Piper?
Someone has guessed correctly. I sent them the Sneak Peak, so the actual chapter will be up tomorrow or Monday.
cake
New Page!
Leo
frank piper leo?????? i need to know
mischievous
U will know 2morrow
Grrr ok i will force myself to be patient and wait for this!
PIPER 47

Disconnected. That’s how I felt in my own body. I mean I could feel my body, that’s how I knew that I wasn’t dead, but I couldn’t see, hear, smell, or feel anything. I felt like a ghost trapped inside my brain. I couldn’t leave. I couldn’t wake up. I was, as I said before, disconnected.
For some reason my memory of what happened is really fuzzy. Maybe I hit my head before I passed out. One thing I remembered perfectly clear, however. The kiss. Oh my gods, I still can’t get over the fact that Leo actually kissed me. I mean it probably was only because he thought that I was going to die, but still. It was definitely the best kiss I have ever had. It was also really hot. Although, I think that may have just been from the fire. Maybe? I’m really not sure. I think the oil fumes may have affected my brain a bit because after that I couldn’t remember anything.
The last thing I remember was being chased by Cyclopes. Then nothing. It’s like I blacked out right then and there. But how did I survive that explosion? I’m not fire resistant like Leo. I couldn’t shadow travel out like Nico. I couldn’t get rid of the fire with water like Percy. All I do is charmspeak and that’s a talent that doesn’t exactly help in a fire.
“You were saved,” A voice that I hadn’t heard in years said behind me.
Suddenly it wasn’t dark anymore. Lights appeared. I could see everything . . . even myself. There were clouds all around me, and I was looking down at myself lying in the infirmary. I could see Leo sitting next to me, looking more lost than I’ve ever seen him.
“What’s going on?” I mumbled to myself in confusion.
I completely forgot about the voice, until it said, “You are in a coma.”
I spun around and saw someone that I haven’t seen since I was twelve.
Grandpa Tom was standing in front of me in his usual blue flannel button shirt with a dirty white t-shirt underneath. He was also wearing his old, ripped pair of overalls and his hair looked like it was sucked into a vacuum. He looked exactly like I’d seen him a few days before he died of lung cancer.
“Grandpa Tom,” I said in amazement.
I felt like crying. I hadn’t seen him in forever. I guess I didn’t realize how much I missed him until now, with him in front of me. When I was growing up with the rich, movie star father he was the only person who really understood me. Well, him and my nanny, Angie. Whenever my dad would be gone shooting a movie or away to a premier or at a photo shoot, I would always call Grandpa Tom. My dad didn’t really approve. He always thought that Grandpa Tom would just try to fill my head with the old myths and legends that he refused to believe. I hated it when he died. I felt like a piece of me was gone. The piece started to reappear again when I found out that I was a demigod and that my mom was Aphrodite. But still it hurts seeing him in front of me like this.
“W-what are you d-doing here?” I asked, tears started rolling down my cheeks. “A-are you a . . . ghost?”
“More like a memory,” Grandpa Tom said. “I came here to give you a couple of warnings.”
“Wait,” I said. “Did you know? Did you know who my mom was? Did you know I was a demigod?”
“I never met your mother, but when your mother left your father, I stayed with him for a little while to help him with you. I knew almost the second I saw you that you were not a mere mortal. I knew you were special. I knew that you had a hard destiny in front of you. I decided not to tell your father about this, though. He had given up his old ways. If I’d told him he would have either not believed me or he would have broke down. You saw that for yourself. I didn’t want to see that. I couldn’t see that,” Grandpa Tom explained.
I had seen it and I never want to see it again, the weakness that was in my father. It made me wonder if I would ever be that weak. Could I break down like that someday? Could I lose my will to live? I hated thinking about my father like this but it scared me.
Suddenly a thought occurred to me.
“What did you mean?” I asked, “When you said that someone saved me.”
“One of the gods or goddesses must have put protection over you when the building blew up. So they protected you from the fire but couldn’t protect you from what was already in progress,” Grandpa Tom said.
“A concussion?” It came out more like a statement than a question.
“You got a concussion when you hit your head,” Grandpa Tom looked down at my unconscious body sadly. “That’s why you don’t remember much. You were unconscious for so long that your brain managed to slip into a coma.”
“Will I die?” I blurted out.
“I can’t say much but I will say that it’s not yet your time,” Grandpa Tom’s eyes shined. “You have a long way to go.”
“So, I heard,” I grumbled.
“Your destiny isn’t easy. Nobody’s is, but you have to accept it,” Grandpa Tom’s eyes showed his old spark of wisdom that I used to see all the time. “Nobody ever get’s the destiny that they want. Nobody can choose when for it to start. When it comes to destiny only the Fates can decide when it’s time.”
“But I don’t want a destiny. I don’t want to fight. I don’t want to be in a war. I didn’t want any of this,” I complained. “I just want to be normal.”
“Fate is always thrust upon our shoulders, Piper. When it’s time for you to accept it, you can’t just run away, say no, and give up. You have to be strong and accept it,” Deep down, I knew that Grandpa Tom was right but still it was scary. “Your father did not raise you to give up. He raised you to be strong. Just like our tribe. Our tribe was built around strength, bravery, courage, will, and hope. You have inherited all of those traits and more. You can do this.”
I couldn’t help but think that this was just a bit farfetched. I mean I didn’t see any of those traits in me. It’s not like I’m a hero. I haven’t done anything special. But then again, I am alive. I couldn’t have lasted this long unless I had some of those traits in me. Now that Grandpa Tom pointed them out, it’s like I can almost feel them inside me, like I can feel new strength pulsing through my veins.
“When can I wake up?” I asked.
“Soon, but you will have to prove that your worthy of waking up,” He said vaguely. “I would like to stay here and watch you fulfill your test but it’s time for me to go.”
“What?” I asked. “What test? What do you mean go? You can’t go, please.”
“It is my time, just like how soon it may be your time,” Grandpa Tom began to fade. “Goodbye Piper and good luck.”
My grandpa faded into a mirage of light and disappeared. The last thing I saw of him was his nice proud smile looking down at me.
I felt like crying but I knew that it would just be a waste of time. It wouldn’t help anybody. It wouldn’t help me. The only thing that could help me now is moving forward. It’s time that I take this test, wake up, and accept my destiny once and for all. Just like Grandpa Tom said I should do.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना alyta2000 said…
AWESOME!!!

:D

coolio! oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohh­hhh­hh can't wait until um..whenever you post next! :D
:P awesome sauce :D
Piper, piper, piper, normal is WAY over-rated. Awsome post can't wait for the next one (:
heart
amaing luved it post soon
JASON 48

The thing about Leo is that when he’s depressed, I mean he’s seriously depressed. I was really worried about him. He hasn’t slept, eaten, or showered since Piper went into her coma. That was four days ago and Leo is stinking up the infirmary.
“Hey, Leo,” I resisted the urge to gag as I made my way into the infirmary.
“Hey, Jason,” Leo said.
“What’s up?”
“The sky, clouds, the sun, the moon, and several other things.”
I snorted. “Are you ever not annoying?”
Leo pretended to think about it.
“Nope,” he finally concluded.
Of course not, I thought as I looked Leo over.
Leo was in the same clothes as the night of the explosion and I’m pretty sure he hadn’t washed them. He looked like ten gallons of grease was dumped on his head and he smelled like . . . well, I’m not even gonna try and explain it.
“Dude, look at yourself,” I told him.
Leo looked down at his clothes and body. He didn’t seem to find anything wrong.
“You looked like you were run over by a garbage truck,” I admitted.
“So, I’m a little dirty. I ran away six times, trust me, I’ve looked worse,” Leo countered. “Like one time I even had to sleep in a-”
“I don’t wanna know,” I cut him off.
Leo rolled his eyes, and muttered, “Whatever.”
“Piper was my friend too; I am just as cut up about this as you are. Even though I didn’t pick her that doesn’t mean I don’t love her. I do, just more like a sister. I know she wouldn’t want you to mope like this.”
“I kissed her,” Leo blurted out.
I was a bit taken back by his sudden outburst but then realization of what he’d said crept through me.
I grinned. “Well I personally say that it was about time.”
Leo looked at me confused.
“Come one, Leo. You’re not seriously that thick are you?”
Leo continued to stare at me blankly.
I rolled my eyes and continued, “It’s obvious that you and Piper like each other. Everyone knows. So when she wakes up-”
“If she wakes up,” Leo corrected glumly.
“When she wakes up,” I stated ignoring him. “You better tell her how you feel, but until then go take a shower, eat, and sleep. ‘Cause to be honest, Leo, you look like road kill.”
Leo rolled his eyes as he got up to leave the infirmary.
Once Leo was out the door, I leaned closer to Piper and whispered in her ear, “Wake up soon, Piper. We need you.”

An hour later, I was trying to fall asleep when suddenly I heard a crash outside my bedroom door. I got up to investigate. I opened my door to see Nico on the ground on the flat of his stomach and a pile of books near his feet.
“Ella really needs to put the books back when she’s done with them,” Nico grumbled getting up.
“Don’t worry, I think Leo’s trying to build a robot maid for the ship or something,” I told him.
I looked Nico up and down and noticed that he was in his traveling clothes and he had his backpack over his shoulder.
“Going somewhere?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.
“You could say that,” Nico mumbled.
“Where?” I asked suspiciously.
“I have some investigating to do with the dead. I think some old myths could help us but I have to figure out the ones we need. So I have to go to the Underworld for a bit,” Nico announced. “Please don’t tell anyone. It would be really dangerous if word got out about what I was doing.”
“Nico, I’m not going to lie to anyone about this. Besides Gaea is in control of the Doors of Death, isn’t it a bit dangerous to go into the Underworld right now?”
“It’s worth the risk.”
A big risk, I thought.
Sometimes I couldn’t believe that this kid was only thirteen. He’s had more sadness in his life than any of us combined. Yet, he still knows not to give up, despite the consequences.
“Think about this, Nico. If you go than you won’t be able to help us with the battle in Rome. We need everyone we could get. I contacted Thalia earlier, she’s on her way, and so are Hylla and the amazons. But we need more people.”
“I will send help before I go to the Underworld.”
“I can’t let you do this. At least not alone, let me come with you.”
Nico looked a bit surprised and apprehensive at first, so I wasn’t shocked when he asked, “Why?”
“For one, Hazel would kill me if I let you go off alone again and two, so would Percy. Besides you’re going to need help.”
“Fine,” Nico agreed. “Hurry up; I’ll meet you on the top deck.”
I nodded and walked back into my room. I quickly packed some things in my backpack and left a note saying that Nico and I would meet them in Rome.
Nico was indeed waiting for me on the top deck. When he saw me approach, he asked, “You sure you want to come?”
I nodded.
“Okay than, here we go,” Nico grabbed my arm and closed his eyes.
I immediately felt a cold chill run through me. I could smell the death, and everything was dark. There were also a lot of freaky noises around me. I knew that we were shadow traveling.
When the darkness, noises, and chill left, I opened my eyes and saw the Underworld laid out in front of me. I could see the Fields of Punishment and Asphodel and I could also see Elysium and the Isles of Blest. The castle of Hades and the entrance to Tarturus were also looming in the distance.
Nico and I began walking towards Elysium first. It was time to get this investigation started.
:OOO

kewl! LOL jason XD
post soon and awesome sauce and chiz :P
I need a few more comments before I'll post my chapter. Its all ready too, you just have to comment.
big smile
awesome chapters!!! loved them :) pls post soon :)
Please post!!!!
two more comments and i'll post.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना alyta2000 said…
post soon!
One more comment!
POOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big smile
post soon :)
big smile
I'll post tonight. Wish me luck guys tomorrow is my last final and my last day of school! YAY!
Good luck!!!
PIPER 49

If you ever have to choose between getting a challenge from the Roman god of doors and staying in a coma, choose the coma. It may take longer to wake up but it’s a heck of a lot safer. Plus you can avoid riddles, walking on a beam, and almost falling to your death. Trust me the coma is the way to go. But did I choose that? No.
Anyway, I was still a bit sad from seeing Grandpa Tom again but I knew that I had to keep going. If not then I’d never get out of here. Pretty soon, I found myself in a long marble hallway with a high ceiling and marble columns. The first thought that ran through my mind was: Where the Hades am I?
“You are in the Hall of Challenges, my dear,” A soft friendly voice said from behind me.
I whipped around and saw a very strange sight. Standing between me and two very old fashioned doors was a guy with two heads. I mean the person had one body but when you look at the neck you notice that it’s split in half thus making two heads. One head looked friendly and welcoming, while the other looked rude and arrogant. The name immediately popped into my mind.
“You’re Janus, god of doors, gates, doorways, beginnings, and endings,” I remembered. “Annabeth, Percy, Grover, and Tyson met you in the Labyrinth before.”
The meaner Janus snorted. “Yes and the mean, old Hera had to go and ruin our fun of torturing Annabeth Chase.”
Let’s just say next the mean Janus called the Queen of the Gods some names I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t appreciate. Not that I completely blame him, I’ve met Hera before in person and trust me I would rather swim in a lake of lava than rescue her again.
“Okay, then. So what are you doing here? In my mind of all places?” I asked awkwardly.
“We have come to give you your test,” the nicer Janus announced. “One door will give you a challenge that you’ll die trying to complete. The other door will hold a challenge that you will pass through and awaken. You have to choose the correct door, but you won’t know if you chose the right door until after you’ve passed or failed.”
“Hopefully failed, I love seeing wimpy demigods failing my tests. Muahahahaha!” the mean Janus said, adding an evil laugh at the end.
“Oh, will you shut up. At least don’t show disrespect in front of a lady,” the nice Janus chided.
I like the nice Janus, I thought appreciatively.
“What lady? I don’t see a lady. All I see is a short, wimpy, daughter of Aphrodite who has bad hair,” mean Janus shot back.
I hate the mean Janus, I thought grudgingly.
They kept going back and forth shooting insult upon insult at each other for who knows how long. I could have watched them all day. They were actually pretty entertaining, but truthfully I think I’ve learned enough cuss words for a year. And besides I just want to get this challenge done with. I put my two pointer fingers in my mouth and whistling, thus making them shut up.
Mean Janus glared at me, while nice Janus smiled at me.
“What?” mean Janus snapped, obviously annoyed that I’d interrupted their fight.
“Sorry, but as much as I would love to stay here forever and watch you two bicker like five year olds who have a very mature vocabulary, I have a challenge to do and I want to do it now.” I told them, with a sarcastic tone.
“Fine, suit yourself, but remember every choice you make will affect your fate in some way. So next time you make a choice think of us because we affect all.” I couldn’t tell if mean Janus was series or if he was kidding.
“Good luck,” Nice Janus said before him and means Janus disappeared into a cloud of dust.
“Great, now for the tough part,” I muttered, “actually choosing the correct door.”
I couldn’t help but admire the doors as I walked closer to them. They were like Victorian doors that you’d find in a really old home or in a castle. They were wooden with a brass ring on them as the handle to actually open the door. The hinges were huge and medal, but had a very nice old fashioned design on them. I knew that Annabeth would have loved to see these doors.
Except neither of them had any possible hint that would help me figure out which door led to my freedom and which door led to my death. The doors matched each other perfectly. There was zero difference between them, so there was no way to tell them apart.
I tried to remember what Chiron had taught me. Maybe something he said could help me. Unfortunately, the only thing that popped into my mind was him saying, “Follow your instincts. They are what make your best choices in life.” That really didn’t help me that much.
Then I remembered Annabeth saying, “Never over think something. You could have the answer staring you right in the face, but you don’t know because you’re too busy concentrating to notice it.”
Maybe they were both right. Maybe I was just over thinking it. Maybe following my instincts will help me find the answer. The only problem was my instincts can’t exactly help me in this situation. Although something just didn’t fell right. Like, I don’t know, almost like I’m seeing it but I just don’t quite understand it. Almost like the answer is in a different language.
“Wait a minute,” I shrieked as I blinked a couple of times, trying to process what I saw.
As I had that thought about another language, words started to appear, but not in English. Actually the words looked . . . Latin?
Great. Where’s a Roman demigod when you need them? I thought desperately.
The words on the right door say Ostium ad initia. The words on the left door say Ostium ad terminationes. Luckily, Jason taught me a little bit of Latin when we were at Camp Half-Blood. Hopefully, I remember enough to help me now.
“Ostium . . . ostium . . . ostium,” I repeated to myself. “That means, um, door, I think.”
Please let me be right, I prayed. I have no time for mistakes.
I remember ad meaning to. So door to . . . what? Initia? Terminationes? They sound so familiar but I just can’t place them. I started mentally going over my conversation with Janus. Maybe they left me a secret hint to the words. Doubtful for the mean one, but the nice one would probably do something like that. After a few minutes of deep concentration I realized what the words mean.
“I’m stupid,” I muttered to myself.
You know that moment when you’re trying to answer a question and it seems impossible to answer. But then somebody tells you the answer and you realize that you actually knew it. Then you feel completely stupid. That’s how I felt.
The door on the right means ‘Door to Beginnings’ and the door on the left means ‘Door to Endings’. Not all that helpful, but it is a step closer. The ‘Door to Beginnings’ could either mean the beginning of the death or the beginning of my life after I awaken. The ‘Door to Endings’ could either mean the ending of my life or the ending of my coma. Either way I was stumped.
I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate. Letting my instincts take over. After a couple of relaxed breathes, I walked closer to the doors and put my hand on the ring, still with my eyes closed. I pulled on one of the door rings and the door, which door I have no idea, opened up easily. I walked in and opened my eyes, but to only wish that I’d have kept them closed.
I was standing on a long wooden beam that was only about four inches wide. Oh and did I mention the chasm underneath me. Walking across the beam was the only way to get across a gigantic, dark, bottomless deep pit. I couldn’t even see the bottom, it was so deep.
“Janus, you better not expect any of my burnt offerings tonight,” I grumbled. “If I survive this first,” I added.
Luckily, my dad made me take gymnastics lessons when I was a kid and I had actually always been pretty good on the beam. So hopefully this doesn’t get too tricky. I carefully and slowly began to walk across the beam.
I was actually doing really well, until I got to the middle of the chasm. One second I was walking safely across the beam, and then suddenly large medal axes started swinging back and forth. If I was an inch closer to the other side I would have been chopped to bits. I took a careful step backwards so I wouldn’t be so close to the swinging ax. Unfortunately that is when I slipped.
I had just barely had time to wrap my arms around the beam before falling into the pit. Now I had my arms wrapped around an old wooden beam, my legs dangling in the air above a huge, scary pit, and sharp, medal axes were swinging above my head. This was a definite lose, lose, lose situation. I had to try though; I am not going to give up this easily.
I unhooked my right arm from its hold on the beam but repositioned it so I was able to lift myself up until I was on my stomach. My feet were dangling on one side and my head was dangling on the other. My stomach was the only part that was securely on the beam. I very carefully lifted my right leg up to my heel was positioned on the beam. Then I used all my strength to life myself up into a sitting position. So I was sitting in the beam with my legs dangling on either side of the beam.
The axes were still moving so as I sat I just watched them, hoping to find a pattern to the swinging rhythm. As I sat there I began to find one. I noticed that the three axes from the left side swung across first then after the left axes are back on their side, the two right axes swing across. The axes just keep going back and forth like that.
I’d have to plan this perfectly, I thought.
I carefully lifted my feet onto the beam and got them into a kneeling position. Then I put my palms facing up above my head and I did my flip. Once both of my hands were perfectly secured onto the beam I swung my legs upright and didn’t stop them until my feet were back onto the beam.
I slowly stood up on my feet. I took a step closer to the swinging axes. I waited for the first ax to swing and before it had a chance to swing back towards the left side, I took a hurried step across.
One ax down, four left to go, I thought miserably.
I repeated this process with all of the axes until I was on the last one. Sweat was trickling down my face. My hands were shaking. Also my heart felt like it was about to crash through my ribs. I have had enough close calls to last someone five life times. I just want to finish this one so I can wake up from this nightmare of a coma.
I was ready to see, hear, and smell everything again. I was ready to hold things and hug my friends. I wanted to wake up. I wanted to feel myself in my body. I wanted to be able to move my arms and legs freely. I was ready to awaken.
I waited for the perfect timing of the ax’s swing then I took one last step on the beam. I quickly jumped onto the hard ground. I fell to my knees, breathing hard and watched as the wooden beam broke into pieces and fell into the chasm. The axes were still swinging in the air. I looked to my left and saw one last door. It looked like a curtain actually. I shakily stood up and approached the curtain/door. As I got closer I saw that the curtain was really like a type of veil. I could see a little bit from the other side, almost like a window with a curtain over it. You can still see through it just not perfectly. I took a deep breath and plunged through the veil, ready to wake up.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ontril86 said…
Nice chapter! Janus is really annoying though.