पाइरेट्स ऑफ दा करीबियन Which Movie Is Better?

hyperhobbit07 posted on Jan 01, 2007 at 01:19AM
curse of the black pearl?

or dead mans chest?

पाइरेट्स ऑफ दा करीबियन 9 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना greedo said…
the original, curse of the black pearl

reasons: depp's pirate act was fresher in that film. the original was also a lot more fun and wittier.

The sequel seems forced to me at times and I hated the cliffhanger(s).
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना hyperhobbit07 said…
aye... i agree to that.

but then again....

in trilogies, the second movie always has a cliffhanger... (i.e. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings...)

but i still think the first is better.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना schrute said…
yes, it's hard to say how the movies will rank until we see the last one!

Star Wars is a great example of film #2 being the best (at least in my humble opinion)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना harold said…
For me, it's a toss-up.

I was expecting to like "Dead Man's Chest" a lot less than I did. Rossio and Elliott are very good writers, though, so I shouldn't have been so surprised that so much was added to the quality of the first film. A lot of the minor characters from "Curse" were given a lot more to do in "Dead Man's Chest", such as Mr. Gibbs, and there were a lot of nods not just to moments from the ride - one of the foundations of the first film - but also to moments from the first film itself. A very clever screenplay for what was in some ways a tossed-off sequel.

But then again, "Curse" stands on its own, and a complete story arc always feels better than a silly cliffhanger. Hyperhobbit07 invited comparison to "Empire Strikes Back", but the cliffhanger was done better there, with some denouement. In "Dead Man's Chest", the movie just STOPS, which left me and many others groaning in embarassment.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना maknenek said…
I prefer dead mans chest but I don't like the cliffhanger.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना snoznoodle said…
I think they are both amazing. I think Dead Man's Chest is a bit too long but Jack is just as awesome. And Will isn't as (sorry to say this) pathetic cos he has the girl. But that cliffhanger was the worst I was so angry.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Temptasia said…
I really liked both but I would have to say the second. I like the part with the cannibles and Jack trying to escape.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना PirateFan4life said…
i loved both. i think i'll have to say the curse of the black pearl.....but then again i cant decide!!! srry i just cant choose. its a very hard decision!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना rose13 said…
I love both! But the second one is really funny i like that one the best so far.