बेतरतीब भूमिका निभाना Hunted.

Directingchicky posted on Aug 20, 2013 at 02:42AM
((Credit goes to a friend of mine.))

"Dear Journal,

Let me tell you a story.Ten years ago, the public and government learned about people with psychic powers. Since then, we have been on the run, or in hiding. The Government has painted us as threats to humanity, and that we need to be "rehabilitated". They also frame us for several terrorist actions, or at least that's what my family think.Some of us are considered more powerful then others or have more useful abilities, and are deemed "valuable". But we are all hunted. Some of the hunters are actually "rehabilitated" psychics, working as agents for The Department of Psychic Affairs, or DPA. We call it The Department. We do not know what they do in there to turn you, but anyone that leaves that place is completely obedient to the Government and the Department Manager.But the Department has other tools in its inventory other then that. They also use these things called HVPRs, or High Velocity Pursuit Robots. They are extremely fast and agile robots that can go up to very high speeds. They are also equipped with an arsenal of weaponry. It is near impossible if not impossible to outrun them. The department also uses these things called Strider Mechs, a much larger mech that does more damage, has more weapons, but is not as fast. It is however tougher, and is capable of absorbing some psionic energy in any attacks against him, but not all of it.They have taken so much from us already. The Department captured my mother years ago, and my oldest brother just over a year ago. My father, Jack, is still here, but he is sick with something, I suspect cancer. None of us think he is going to last long, even if he tries to hide it. Besides, we all know how dangerous the world is already. Everyday, we have to wonder if our brother or mother will come next, being the agents to bring us in. A confrontation none of us want.Dad still thinks we need to learn a bit more self control though. Psychics have this inner feeling that makes them hate it when we don't use our powers in a long time. We can go a few hours or so just fine, but using our powers is sort of like an addiction I guess. Besides, it is just going to be us six soon. In order of age, it would be my oldest sister, then my second oldest brother, then my second oldest sister, then me, then my younger brother, then my younger sister, and the youngest. We are not the only ones like this we suspect. Who knows how many other psychic parents have given their lives away to defend their children?

Avory"

The year is 2043. Psychics are hunted by the government and brought in to be "rehabilitated". They are made to look like dangerous people and terrorists to the public population. Some governments actually trade powerful Psychics with favorable abilities for resources on occasion. But no one looks for a cure. Oh no, to them, psychics are a resource and a tool. Something to be harnessed. There are still free psychics, on the run, wanting to stay free. But it is hard, and the hunters seem to always be able to find out where they go to. HVPRs are equipped with weaponry built into them. There is a rifle built into their left army, but it can retract to allow the use of both hands. HVPRs are also capable Hand to Hand fighters. They have some "Electro Darts" that can disable vehicles temporarily. Their plating allows defense agaisnt small arms fire, which is good sicne its really hard to hit them anyways.Psychics go under two main classes. Agents, and Runners. agents are the ones "owned" by the Department. Runners are the ones that are free. From thsoe groups, there are various powers that a psychic may have.

To list a few...
Telekinesis: The ability to move stuff with your mind.
Booming: You cause a slight instability in an area, that instantly turns into an explosion in mid air
.Tracking: Allows you to see who has been where in an area in the past. However, you need to be focused on a certain amount of time ago or a certain time you want to check for it to work, as well as actually be in the physical location.
Sensing: The ability to sense other Psychics, animals, and people nearby.
Empathy: the sensing and feeling the emotions of others.
Energy Bolt: Lets you fire a psychic Bolt that has a lot of force and strength upon impact.
Energy Field: Projects an energy field to keep people out or in.
Paralytic Touch: When touching the target, you can stun them, making them unable to move or speak temporarily.
Pyrokinesis: The ability to create and control fire.Shade: Creates a duplicate of yourself that you can control, but any pain that is done to it you will feel half of that and it will dispel.
Psionic Weapon: Creates a Basic Psionic Weapon, like a sword or a bow and arrows, to use against enemies.
Shadowwalk: Allows the person to temporarily bend the light around them. However, this takes a lot of concentration and energy to do. Can be used on others.
There is a lot more as well. Most psychics however only have 2-3 powers.The Hunters have some sort of technology that helps make their psychic powers more powerful. Therefore, fighting an Agent is not an easy task. In order to fight them one on one, you would need to be extremely powerful, extremely skillful, or extremely lucky. And very few are any of those.Other non Psychic hunters are equiped with their own cybernetic enhancements, only this tiem by choice. These elite few and extremely strong, tough, and fast. While not as good as "Rehabilitated Psychics", there are more of them, and they can be a threat in a one vs one battle anyways.The Roleplay will start in a small town in the middle of the woods called Tranton.

All right, now for the part you have all been waiting for, RULES!
Don't God Mod
Don't be Overpowered
Have Fun
Be reasonable
Don't be disrespectful to other people.
HAVE FUN!!

Character Sheet:

Name:

Nicknames:

Description:

Past Moments (just some stuff that happened in the past that you think helps define the character):

Notable Equipment:

Psychic Powers: (If Applicable)

Cybernetic enhancements: (If Applicable)

Other:

बेतरतीब भूमिका निभाना 99 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 99

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Directingchicky said…
Name: Lorelei (last name unknown)

Nicknames: Lori,

Description: Picture

Past Moments: n/a

Notable Equipment: n/a

Psychic Powers: (If Applicable) Empathy and Spiritual Possession.

Cybernetic enhancements: (If Applicable) n/a

Other: Used to be an ice skater and loved to dance.

Name: Lorelei (last name unknown) Nicknames: Lori, Age: 21 Description: Picture Past Mom
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना shadowcon99 said…
Name: Logan

Nicknames: Planes Walker

Description: Pic

Past Moments: Just him being taken from his family and being Lorelei's Brother.

Notable Equipment: N/a

Psychic Powers: Pyrokenisis, Shadow Walk, and Shade

Cybernetic Enhancements: N/a

Other: Has been revered as a prodigy among all psychics and is the Governements most valuable weapon; being that he has 3 abilities and can use them all perfectly.
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
 Name: Logan Nicknames: Planes Walker Age: 25 Description: Pic Past Moments: Just him bein
)((I'm going to see if more people join before I start. If not, I will cry.))
((Okay))
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना casacada1007 said…
(i'll join so don't cry ^^ )

Name: Elvira

Nicknames: Vira.

Description: Pic

Past Moments: She lost her family bye running away and hiding. She just arrived at Tranton

Notable Equipment: n/a

Psychic Powers: Telekinesis, Energy field and Energy bolt.

Cybernetic enhancements: n/a

Other: She can't really control her powers that well.
 (i'll शामिल होइए so don't cry ^^ ) Name: Elvira Nicknames: Vira. Age: 23 Description: Pic Pa
((Can We start?))
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना LocalArtistist said…
Name: Brooklyn

Nickname: Lyn

Description: dark red hair, silver eyes

Past Moments: doesn't remember much of her past, mainly her name, and the sadness she felt when she lost someone she held dear, she doesn't remember who it was or whether or not they're dead.

Notable Equipment: a silver key, she doesn't know why she has it she just knows its important.

Psychic Powers: can see and move things that are far away, so she could trigger missiles in other countries and control where there going, so in other words advanced telekinesis.

Cybernetic enhancements: n/a

Other: is on the government's most wanted list, and they don't care if she's dead or alive. Makes up and sings songs often to entertain herself. Just arrived at Tranton in hopes of finding a place to rest.
 Name: Brooklyn Nickname: Lyn Age:20 Description: dark red hair, silver eyes Past Moments:
((Now can we start?))
((Yupyup.))

Run....run....just run and keep running....
These words echoed inside her head, her feet carrying her as fast as they could, as far as they could. She couldn't stop.

Can't stop.....keep going....almost away...
She had been running for days, weeks, months. She couldn't keep track of it all. The only time reality kicked in, was when it was too late.

I-I can hear them....getting closer...can't....stop...
She fell, the hard ground meeting her small body with a harsh force, like it forced her down for her own capture, holding her still for The Hunters.

No!

Lorelei had been so close. So close to getting to another hiding place. In truth, it had been five months since they had come for her family, she and...and...that was all she remembered. Her memory was lost to her, but her abilities remained, and they had been her saving grace over the months. But she didn't know where to go, where to hide. She was so afraid they would find her again...
Pushing back up to her feet, body bruised and scraped, she kept going, running, always running. Never stopping.
Brooklyn drove down a beaten path in an empty shell of a blue Volkswagen beetle, she had stripped it of any thing that could tracked down or traced via satellite, which meant she had taken all the good stuff out, as well. The only thing holding the car together was her ,so the car didn't need gas, she could push it to go far faster than gasoline would ever allow it. She leaned back in the driver's seat, she had even taken out the steering wheel, and started to him the tune of a song she had made up in her head.

"Dumb little hunters ,you all want me dead,
But that is too bad ,because I'm inside your head.
My dumb little hunters ,you think it's me you will catch,
But you soon will find that to death, you're no match."
((Not sure if I will make profile's for his squad or not.))

Logan pulled a cigarette out of the pack in his pocket and stuck it in his mouth, it immediately lit up, the men who had become under his command stood next to him as the young girl who had tracking abilities examined the area. "She came this way."

"Good." He said. He had no idea why the were hunting the young girl, but that didn't matter, it was an order and order's are the absolute law. "Take precautions; we know what she can do but we do not know if she will be desperate enough to take a life is she is cornered."
((Flip a coin.))

"Almost...there..." she was in so much pain from her fall, from every fall she had had. She didn't know how many, never counted, but it all hurt. She was close, she knew of a small crawlspace she cohld hide in, hopefully anyway. She was so afraid..and she couldn't remember a thing, nothing but her powers. But there were none she could sense the emotions of. None whom she can slip into, not that she would anyway. Just...so afraid...
The four man squad was, as the scientist at the "rehabilitation" center put it, the perfect assembly of psychic power and intelligence; the perfect killing machine. But that theory had yet to be tested as Logan was fairly new to the squad but they all still respected him; or feared him. "Sir, we are closing in on her." Elizabeth said.

"She must have fallen; it's not logical for us to this close to her." Logan responded. They were, as some might say, the blade of a guillotine and Lorelei was on the chopping block.
Brooklyn looked out her window just in time to see a woman in the distance running hard and falling. She spun the car around and drove over to her pulling up directly in front of her. Seeing the look of pure fear in the woman's face worried her. "Get in." She said popping open the door nearest to the her.
Lorelei paused as the woman opened the door, and immediately her emotions transferred into her. This woman wasn't a Hunter, and she could tell her powers as well. She jumped into the vehicle without another word, shutting the door behind her, but her anxiety was far from gone.
Before she even her the door close Brooklyn ramped up the speed of the car so fast that her head snapped back against the head rest. She knew by the look on the woman's face that she didn't to get them both out of there at soon as possible. "Hunters?" She asked forcing the vehicle to go faster.
"Sir someone is helping her escape." Juliet said. Juliet had perhaps the most dangerous ability of the four; foresight and she was a true master. However, it causes her extreme mental stress and she rarely uses it to its fullest potential. "Then we will simply move faster." The group sped up quite a good amount and in a few minutes they good see the makeshift car in the distance.
She nodded in response, and the urge to run became more and more powerful. She was frightened, frightened of them, of this woman, of everything. Every time she heard a noise, she flinched, even more so when she sensed, "They are close....faster."
Brooklyn nodded and the car rocketed forward, she looked back in the rear view mirror , little black dots faded back behind them. With a little bit of concentration she was able to push the hunters father back putting miles in between them.
LocalArtistist commented…
Have to go bye एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
The group brushed off Brooklyn's attempt to slow them and pressed forward. "James, slow them down."

"Yes sir." James shot a bolt of energy far in front of the car causing a large crater to form and trees to fall blocking the path in front of the pair.

Logan quickly caused the trees to burn creating a wall of flame.
"Damn it!" Brooklyn cussed as she quickly made the car swerve away getting clipped by a tree. "Fark." She cussed again as part off the car got torn off.
((Behave children.))

"Ah!" When everuthing came crashing and the woman swerved and sped, she panicked and squealed, ducking her head down in fear of the flames from the burning trees. So many flames...so much panic...it was overwheming...
Brooklyn let out a sigh of relieve as more trees fell down blocking the hunter's path.
((Don't make me ground you both!))
((Good child. -pats head-))
((I just think it's absurd that one person could push back, miles away, 4 hunters who 1v1 it is nearly impossible to defeat; children these days. I remember when I liked to God Mod everything. Oh, and on top of that if I killed you both 20 posts in where would this forum, that I begged her to repost, go? No where. It would be dead because only the antagonists are alive and not the main protagonist. Honestly, where is the logic in that? So I gave you fire trees and lots of them, which you lifted all of them while managing to keep the car going. Shame. Also, if your ability is telekinesis how are you able to fire energy bolts to create holes? Shame.))

"Juliet you can see where they are going, yes?"

"Of Course."

"Then there is no need for us to follow. James, leave her a message."

James placed himself in Lorelei's mind. No Matter where you run we will always find you; true hunters never stop seeking their prey.
"Anger....so much anger...hatred, determination...it is too much." She clenched her head in her hands, and just about writhed in a type of pain that those horrible emotions tore through her. She couldn't handle it, she had been away from people for so long..."Stop the car, stop it!"
"Sir, she cannot handle her powers, her empathy has gotten to her, if we do not retrieve her quickly we could lose her inside herself."

"Then we must pursue her without rest."

"Sir!" they all said in unison.
((Chicky?))
((I was waiting for Artist...should we just time skip or something?))
((If you want.))
((I'm so sorry you guys I left my iPod at my friends house and she began screwing around on some of my RPs and other crap,and she just now gave it back, just let me fix them first please.))
Brooklyn stared at the woman as she was freaking out, and screaming. "I'm sorry but I can't do that." She pushed the car faster, she had to get this woman out of here, away from the hunters.
"No!" She screamed again, holding her head as a spliting pain went through her skull, "Stop it! Stop, it hurts!" Shrieked, writhing in pain viciously, groaning and moaning at the splitting aches. It hurt so much, but she didn't know why.
Brooklyn but her lip not wanting to stop because the hunters would be able to get her as well. "We're almost there. Can you please just make it a wee bit longer."
Logan and his team had grown exceedingly closer, the implants they received to their joints helped them with speed, and were now within distance to be identified in the rear-view mirror. But this also meant they were within range for Logan to bend the light around the car so it appeared pitch black; and he did so flawlessly.
Lorelei was panicking, shaking vigorously, but she had been willing to hold out...until she looked in the mirror and felt their emotions. She started writhing again, clenching her head tightly, "Stop! Stop!" She screamed again. Too many emotions, too powrful...too much....
Brooklyn bit her lip harder, in concentration, but with everything that was going on around her mixed with the woman's screams. "SHUT THE HELL UP!!" She ordered, trying to focus on moving the car away from the hunters.
A shade of Logan stood in front of the car and slowly began to appear around it as well. "Where do you think you are going? Give us the girl and we will leave you alone."
"Why should I?" Brooklyn asked her lip was bleeding now as she forced the car forward, the smell of burning rubber filled her nostrils.
"If you don't we will hunt you as well. You will become our prey and seeing as how we have no use for you, your life will end the moment we catch you."
She stared at the man through her fingers, hands keeping her face covered as she whimpered in pain. He almost...looked...no! She still couldn't remember a thing. He almost looked familiar, but nothing. "Please stop it! Stop the car please!" She yanked on the handle of the door, trying to force it open.
Brooklyn stared at the woman in her rearview mirror, and back at the man. Thinking trying to decide whether or not to give her to this creep. The woman kept screaming begging to be let out. "Fine have it your way!" She yelled at them both and stopped the vehicle, swung open the door letting the woman out, "I tried to help you." She told her, then quickly drove off, not wanting to wait another second.
The darkness faded as soon as the girl hit the ground and within seconds the group had caught up with her. "Giving up was the right thing to do." James said as he tied her hands.
"Stop...." she moaned, still writhing in pain. All of their emotions were still swirling in her head, but it was calming down now. It had been so long since she had been around.people, and the sudden rushes of emotions had been too much at once. "Let...go..."
"I'm afraid we can't do that." Logan said as he squatted down and looked her in the face. "Very soon you won't have an issue with your powers."
"Stop it..." finally she lifted her head, staring straight ahead at him. So familiar...but she couldn't remember a thing. A few streaks of dirt marred her face, but all in all, she has looked the same for years. "I don'...want to die...stop..."
He stroked a hand across her face. "You aren't marked for death; you're marked for capture."
"W-why?" She flinched away from.his hand, hanging her face back down as she struggled against her bonds. She didn't want to be captured, to die, anything. She wanted to be left alone.
"Because....." He said as he engulfed his hand in flames. "You are able to sense my intent to kill you and that makes you special; it's a very unique ability."