बेतरतीब भूमिका निभाना Yin and Yang

RoryRoy posted on Jul 12, 2013 at 03:44PM
A long, long time ago there was one great floating island. It was held together by the love of two lovers, Yin and Yang.

Ying lived on the west side, and Yang on the East. However, there love was strong and outlasted distance.

Yang was very handsome, had had many suitors he pushed away. Although Yang turned down every woman for Yin, Yin grew very jealous and soon the evil consumed her and she ended their love.

Then, the island split into now what is known as the Island of Yin and the Island of Yang.

Yang knew Yin still loved him so his island is full of light and life. Yins's jealousy that consumed her turned her island dark and evil.

That was thousands of years ago, and almost nothing has changed in both islands.

There is a Prince and Princess of each kingdom. The two from the island of Yin are descendants of her. The two from the island of Yang are descendents of him.

A single bridge connects the two floating islands, but no one dares cross it. The locals have forgotten why the two islands are separated, and only focus on their differences.

If anyone from the other side crossed, who knows what could happen...

_________________________________________­­__­_­_­__­­___­­__­_­_­__­­___­­

#1: You can be a Prince of Princess of either island if it is not already taken! Just ask and I'll put you up for it.

#2: No one-liners, everyone finds it very annoying and hard to respond to.

#3: No godmodding. I'm not afraid to say something if someone is godmodding. Not being mean or anything, just its honestly one of the most annoying things you can do and it ruins the experience for other writers.

#4: No overwhelming powers. This ties into rule #3. Everyone is human, unless you want to be an animal or hybrid of some sorts.

#5: NO demons, NO angels. There are dark creatures and light creatures but not demons or angels.

#6: Sex and violence is fine. Just PLEASE don't go overboard with it. I don't want it dominating the RP. (No pun intended. Hah hah.)

#7: Please be respectful to other writers. This is to have fun, not to argue.

#8: Please be cautious of what you are on what side. A blood-thirsty vampire wouldn't be on the Island of Yang. A sparkly white unicorn wouldn't be in the Island of Yin.

#9: This is medieval themed. No modern weapons or machinery!

#10: Sorry for all the rules, pretties. Have fun and be creative!

If you would be so kind to fill this out, it'd be great. If not, I am aware you are a rebel and that I can't change you:

Name:
Species: (Human, Human/Elf, Lycian, ect.)
Island: (Just say "Yin" or "Yang")
Occupation: (If you are a Prince or Princess of either sides please put that here.)
Social Class: (Might help with bio. Not mandatory. Just put "low class" "middle class" or "high class")
Bio:

Yin
Prince:
Princes: Riku114

Yang
Prince: RoryRoy
Princess:
last edited on Jul 13, 2013 at 11:53PM

बेतरतीब भूमिका निभाना 63 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 63

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना RoryRoy said…
Name: Fanray
Species: Elf
Island: Yang
Social Class: High Class
Bio: Fanray has never thought he should be a prince. He was bad at archery, bad at sword fighting, and bad at being a leader. The only time he felt worthy of anything was when he was in his lessons. Fanray was very good when it came to school. He was skilled in mathematics and in science. Those things actually made sense to him, they were easy to him! Hit a red circle with an arrow... did not. As he grew up he became more and more interested with the stars. The floating islands were as high up as mountains but he still felt so far away. The shining lights in the sky were always so beautiful to him, and he often found himself lost in their glow against the blackness of the sky.
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
 Name: Fanray Age: 18 Species: Elf Island: Yang Occupation: Prince Social Class: High Class Bio:
Name: Zeva DeMartis
Species: Human
Island: Yang
Social Class: In between middle and lower class.
Bio: Zeva is an Inventor's daughter. She shares her father's love for making, fixing, and planning all kinds of things. She is very adventurous, and is good friends with Fanray because of this. She was homeschooled by her mother before she died when Zeva was 16. This really rocked her boat, and she began thinking of abandoning her love and passion for inventing and experiments. Fanray, being the nice person he is, convinced her to not give up and in the end helped her get back on her feet. From then on, they have been very close friends.
 Name: Zeva DeMartis Age: 18 Species: Human Island: Yang Occupation: Scientist and Inventor Socia
(Ooooh, yay! Thanks for joining!)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Riku114 said…
Oh can i do the yin prince or princess?
Sure!
Name: Rita Minces
Species: Human/Naga (Her waist below turns into a snake body)
Island: Yin
Bio: She grew up with her parents who were also high ranking guards and human/nagas so she was raised likewise. As she grew up she didnt particularly like to go to her naga form, but always liked a good fight. When she was 16 she was skilled in multiple styles of fighting as well as several weapons like daggers, guns, bows/arrows, and swords. She recently became a Royal Guard for Yin's island.
 Name: Rita Minces Age: 19 Species: Human/Naga (Her waist below turns into a snake body) Island: Yi
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना mcterra said…
Name:Reece Morgan
Species:Werewolf
Island:Yin
Social Class:High Class
Bio:Born into a prestigious family of werewolves.His parents wanted him to involve himself in politics.That was definitely not his thing.He was more of the action-type.Going against the will of his parents, he joined the Yin army and later on got appointed into the royal guard.He uses a modified bowgun that takes explosive bolts.
 Name:Reece मॉर्गन Age:19 Species:Werewolf Island:Yin Occupation:Soldier/ Royal Guard Social Clas
Reece's werewolf form.
 Reece's werewolf form.
Reece's bowgun
 Reece's bowgun
Name: Haruka Nevas
Species: Vampire
Social Class: Shes a princess..... What do you think? Correct Answer: High Class
Bio: She is the princess of Yin's Island and grew up in the regal way of how she was taught. She is how you would expect a princess to act..... Half of the time. She was raise not only to be a princess but a true and signature citizen of Yin's Island. She is pretty skilled with the sword for her own defense and learned several other skills as a princess some expected others not.
 Name: Haruka Nevas Age: 17 Species: Vampire Island: Yin Occupation: Princess Social Class: Shes
(Hey when do we start?)
(Sorry! I was busy yesterday. I will start this. We will need the princes and princess but if no one joins as them for awhile people can ask for them.))

As the sun set the sky was painted with watercolor colors of pink, orange, and yellow. Animals were laying down to sleep in caves, trees, and patches of grass. The stars were poking through the dim brightness like glowing bugs again the dark of night. The whole world was moving around and around and Fanray stood on his balcony, leaning against the railing and thinking about it all. He always found himself doing this. He was always told to only worry about three things: Himself, His People, and His Island. How could he be so small-minded, though! There was so much he has never seen! Since birth he has been confined to this this palace, this island like it was a prison. He loved his home, but there was so much he hasn't experienced, hasn't seen.
It made his head spin how much was out there, just waiting to be discovered by him...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ManyManyMoons said…
((Forget my other character. I made her in a hurry and I hated her. So, yeah. New character.))

Name: Esmé Roatyn
Species: Human
Bio: Esmé grew up on Yin island in a Middle Class family. Her father was a blacksmith and her brother a Knight. Her brother taught her how to fight and use multiple weapons. When he was killed by what was said a "creature from the Island of Yang", Esmé became furious. She immediately when to the Prince and Princess at the time and demanded she be a knight. They put her through a test, and her flexibility and skill with weapons proved her not a good knight, but a good assassin. They trained her to be stronger, stealthier, and skilled than any assassin they have ever witnessed.
 ((Forget my other character. I made her in a hurry and I hated her. So, yeah. New character.)) Nam
She has been training for this moment for 10 years. She was ready. She knew she was ready. She was going to take out the ultimate creature of the Island of Yang. The prince.
Esmé had made it into the Island without any substitution, which was not easy. Now, she was silently creeping on top of the palace's roof, and hit jackpot: the Prince's balcony. She crouched on the edge of the roof, right were it opened up into the balcony, and silently watched him.
He was just standing there! Leaning against the railing. Didn't he have any princely duties to attend to?
Wow, she might be doing them a favor...
Finally, she saw that it was time. She then dropped down from the roof onto the floor of the balcony behind him.
"Sleep well, my sweet prince." She said, and fired her cross bow.
"Ah!" Fanray dropped to the stone ground just in time for the arrow to fly right over him. He looked up at Esme with a look of fear and shock. "Wh-Who are you!?" He struggled to day, and jumped up fast. He then remembered the knife in his pelt and pulled it out, trying to remember a fighting stance he learned. He wasn't the fighting type, so this might not end well for him.
Esmé cursed. How could she have missed!? Once Fanray pulled out his knife she couldn't help laugh. Her laugh sounded musical, almost like bells. It was a bit strange that it belonged to such a cold-blooded killer. "What do you think a knife with do?" She laughed, and loaded her cross bow with amazing speed. "I have been training for this moment for years. There is no way you can step out of this alive." She grinned, aiming the crossbow at the prince's head.
"Guards! Guards!" Fanray yelled over the edge of the balcony. He felt a little embarrassed that he had to call for help to fight a girl. However, she was armed and trained... Maybe they would only hold it over his head for 6 months, maybe a year...?
"What do you want from me? I have never met you before! How could I have ever have harmed you?" He asked her, the knife in his hand still raised at shoulder-level.
"Oh, you will never know how much you have hurt me! Your people took away the only thing that was good in that damned island. So, in return I am taking your life for my brother's." Her voice got progressively louder and angrier as she went on. She held back a tear the the memory of her brother's death, and fired the crossbow again.
Fanray yelped and swiftly moved out of the way, the jumped on Esme. "Guards! Guards! Guards!" He yelled again, trying to pin the girl down. This was very unlike Fanray, he wasn't a fighter at all. He grabbed her wrists and pinned them to the stone floor, using all the muscle he could to keep them down. He kneeled down on her legs and tried keeping those down as well. It was taking everything he had.
Reece sat on the railing of one of the palace's balconies.His eyes closed.The other members of the Royal Guard were training in the yard.He hated training.That's why he ditched every single session.The sky was dark as usual.It was quite strange but he hated that.He was born on that island but he had never been able to get used to all that darkness.It was not like he preferred light either.He just didn't like any of them.He sighed and opened his eyes. "Damn world."
Guards started pouring into the room and Esmé tried wrestling out from under Fanray's hold. This prince might not know what he is doing, but he has the muscle. The guards pulled Esmé out from under Fanray and held her by the arms, then shackled her wrists together.
"I'll kill you, I'll get out and I'll slit your throat, sleep on fear prince!" She cursed at him as the guards pulled her out of his room and down the hall. She silently walked, anger burning in her head as they dragged her down to the castle dungeon and threw her into a cell.
"Better luck next time." A guard chuckled as they locked the cell door and left the room.
Haruka lounged on a couch in the palace's lounging hall, rather enjoying her relaxation. She yawned. For her today was a calm relaxing day as if she didnt have a care in the world.

-------

Rita was over in the training grounds with the other Royal Guards today was her first day and she was learning how everything rolls as a Royal Guard. It all seemed interesting to her. The different training ways in comparison that a regular knight does. As well as all these new conditions of when being called or when told to line up. Yes it was an honor to be a Royal Guard, but this was a lot for her to chew on the first day.
Reece looked down to the yard where everyone was training.He noticed Rita.He had never seen her around.She was surely a newbie.He didn't have much interest in anybody around there.But nevertheless, it felt good having new people in that hell hole.
"Are you alright, my lord?" A guard asked. The Guard grabbed Fanray by the wrist and pulled him to his feet. "Yes. Thank you very much." Fanray managed. The guard nodded and left his room. Fanray swallowed and looked around the balcony. It was nightfall by now, and the stars had come out. After Fanray calmed down a bit he walked over to the cross bow and picked it up. Why was the assassin so angry at him? He had never harmed anyone. He didn't even think he was capable to harm anyone. She had mentioned a brother, something probably happened. Shrugging it off, he dragged himself to his bed and collapsed on the plush pillows. Before he knew it, Fanray was out cold.
The general walked into the training area.

General: Line up

The guards quickly jolted into place. Rita was just hoping she lined up properly...... It was different then what she was used to. The general walked across the line examination each person and he stopped at Rita and swong his sword at her shoulder blade which she quickly clashed with her own.

General: Good reflexes. *whacked her head with his hand* But dont get out of position unless I say so.

Rita: Sorry sir. *got back in position*

General: Are you the new girl?

Rita: Yes sir!

General: I grant you the best of luck. But just because you are new the training wont be much easier on you than anyone else got it?

Rita: Yes sir!

General: Good. *continued to walk examining the people*

Rita sighed. That was much more nerve racking then she thought it would be. At least she knew she was doing something right.
As soon as the guards were gone a smirk spread across Esmé's face. She crawled up to the gate of her cell, and pulled a lock pick out of her boot and her knife out of her belt. She stuck both into the lock and after twisting and turning them it unlocked with a click and she slowly pushed the door open.
After getting passed the sleeping doors she was back to finishing her task. She crept into the prince's room, and saw a lump under the blankets along with the familiar black hair. Smiling, she pulls out her knife and walks towards the bed.
An arrow whizzed past Esme's face and hits the wall next to her. Fanray couldn't believe he did that. "Looking for someone?" He said from a chair in the shadows, trying to sound confident. He gulped, hoping she didn't hear is uneasiness.
Reece noticed the general walking across the lines.If the old man noticed that he had ditched trouble again, he would be in trouble.But it wasn't the first time so he didn't mind.But today he decided he would attend the training just to avoid being scolded by the old man.He got down from the railing and went down to the yard.He walked towards the lined up guards, his hands in his pockets.Just then, the General noticed him. "Damn, I'm in for it again." He muttered under his breath.
General: Reece...... See me after the training today. And dont try to sneak from training, nor sneaking from our talk again.

Rita looked over at Reece from the corner of her eye, for she didnt want to move out of position but her curiousity over whelmed her so just to satisfy her enough, she moved her eyes to Reece.
Reece scratched his head as he moved to the lines. "Yeah,yeah whatever you say, old man." He passed by Rita not noticing her and he stood just behind her. He wasn't going to the General after that of course.He already knew what the old man was going to say.Stop ditching training, Become a better guard, Stop getting yourself into trouble blah,blah,blah. He didn't want to hear all that again.He sighed as the General continued moving across the lines.
General: ALRIGHT BACK TO TRAINING! WE DONT WANT WEAK GUARDS! YOU GOT HERE FOR A REASON NOW PROVE IT! *he leaned against the rail as he watched the guards train and he kept an eye especially on Reece*

Rita began to train with one of the dummies for hand to hand combat. She liked fighting and she couldnt say it isnt fun. She would love coming to training everyday if it wasnt for all the odd things a Royal Guard would have to do, but eh. Comes with the job.
Reece hated training with dummies.He hated training altogether.But he couldn't help it.The general was watching him.He had to do it.As he moved towards one of the dummies, he noticed Rita.She was the newbie he had seen while sitting on the railing.Just then, he had an idea.He moved up to her "Hey,..."
Rita: Yeah?
Riku114 commented…
sorry about the one liner एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Reece:Hi I'm Reece.You're the new girl.I noticed you earlier.Would you mind sparring with me?I could show you some tips in combat.
Rita: Oh sure...... Swords or regular hand to hand?
"You choose.I'm okay with any.I just hate training with those dummies.I prefer fighting beings which can move their bodies."
Rita: Im far better with sword combat so lets do hand to hand. *she got in a fighting stance*
((One way you could stop the one-liners is adding thoughts or actions. All you guys are doing is putting what they are saying and it could easily be made longer by simply putting their emotions or a small action. Like crossing arms, raising an eyebrow, the wind tossing their hair. I don't mean to be rude, but you could easily fix those one-liners into descriptive short paragraphs by just adding something that simple.))

Esmé gasped quietly and turned to face Fanray. "Didn't your mother teach you not to play with peoples' toys?" She said sweetly, holding up her hands so he wouldn't shoot. She was pretty sure he'd miss anyways. She had done her research, she knew exactly what to expect from this prince. He was bad at fighting, and didn't like to fight. He loves school, which confuses Esmé, and isn't a very good leader. She thought this trip would be easier, honestly.
Fanray stood up and walked out of the shadows. His hand was shaking slightly but it wasn't completely clear he was nervous. He had painted on his most confident face and tried holding the crossbow steady. "Tell me." He swallowed some fear. "Why did you try to kill me? Why are you so determined to have me dead? I am only 18 years old, there isn't much I have done. Let alone hurting someone."
Esmé sighed in disgust. "You want to know the story? Put the crossbow down then." She said more coldly than needed. "I'll even drop my weapons." She dropped her knife and kicked it over to the corner. Then, she pulled the the two small daggers out of her boots, and through them over to the corner as well. Lastly was the blades in her wrists.
(Sorry its just a habbit. Ive been writing like this for ages. Well most parts I actually do a description to it but some times I just dont out of habit.)
Fanray hesitantly dropped the crossbow and set it facing away from them on the floor. He couldn't believe this girl actually was communicated and not trying to rip out his heart for..... well, whatever it seems he did. He hesitantly stepped forward and folded his hands behind his back. He was waiting for her to say something.
(then if you check out my rp you're gonna go crazy.It's one-liner den.Literally.)
Reece took a stance too and clenched his fists. "Get ready because I'm not gonna go easy on ya." As he said that, he dashed towards her, opening the festivities with a round-house kick.
((Its fine, I'm just saying it is really easy to fix oneliners to at least make them a bit longer.))

Esmé sighed. This man was such a goody-goody is made her head hurt. She dropped down on his bed, laying across it with her hands behind her head. "So. It all started with my brother. He was 12 years older than me, and he was a knight on the Island of Yin. He taught me almost everything I know about how to use a blade. He was my bestfriend, my only friend." She paused and swallowed hard. "One day when I was 9 or 10 he was killed by someone from this island. I then decided to seek my revenge by killing you, the ultimate person from this island. The prince's life wouldn't even compare to the debt needed to pay for my brother's to me. But, I was going to kill you even if it killed me. I was trained by the bets of the best. You bet they'd benefit from your death." She paused again. "I don't think you are worth it, though. You don't act like any prince I've heard of. You are more like a teacher or a philosopher. Killing you doesn't have a point, I now see that. My brother is worth more, and you didn't even kill him."
Fanray agreed with here. There would be no point in killing him. Sure, it would be a triumph but it wouldn't be revenge. He wanted to know who has killed her brother, though. It was against the law to cross over ether borders on either side and of course killing was against the law too. He wanted to know if any of his citizens were unjust. "Do you know anything about the person that killed your brother?" He asked.
Esmé looked at him and sat up. "Like they would tell me. Why would it matter to you anyways?" She should have just killed him, but she was starting to think it would end in her death as well. She had already been captured once, they wouldn't spare her again. She just needed to leave. Get back to the Island of Yin.
"Well, as prince it is my duty to keep people in line. If you knew who committed the crime I would have them punished." Fanray said wearily. He was still afraid of this girl. She was an assassin after him, and although she dropped her weapons she wouldn't go completely unarmed, would she? He was confused on to why she just dropped wanting to kill him, maybe she didn't really want to in the beginning?
Esmé laughed and stood up. "That was ten years ago. That person is long gone, and why would you want to help me get justice when I tried to kill you?" She asked, her voice a little loud. This prince was an idiot, you don't just try to help someone that just tried to assassinate you. Esmé didn't have much room to talk, though. She was telling her almost victim her whole life story. She even dropped her weapons. What was wrong with her? The royalty of Yin were banking on this, and she was telling him why she was an assassin! Oh, the royalty of Yin... They didn't grant her this for the sake of revenge, they used her as a pawn. Anger boiled in her veins, she had always had that in the back of her mind but never thought of it till now.
Fanray tilted on his heels slightly before answering. "I believe in justice for all. Whether you are giving justice or receiving it. Life isn't fair, but we can try." He shrugged. Fanray believed in the good of everyone. Everyone should be happy, everyone should have justice and peace. He would do anything for anyone as long as they let him. Even assassins. This girl wasn't born a killer, she became one because of unfair events. It wasn't the best choice... but who is judging.
Esmé laughed again. "What a noble prince you are helping poor old me." She said in a fake sophisticated voice. "I don't need help." Her voice was suddenly cold and harsh like frostbite. "Especially yours." She walked over to her weapons and began putting them back in their places in her armor. She was done here. She came to kill and ended up having a conversation. How embarrassing.