वाद-विवाद Death penalty/capital punishment; Fors and againest. A totally non-biest view on the death penalty.

pandawinx posted on Feb 06, 2011 at 03:14PM
The death penalty may well be one of the most controversial debates off all time. For all those who are on the fence, please read the points below and make your own mind up. feel free to comment and say what your oppinion is and why, and if i missed out a few points please notify me!
Thanks,
-Pandawinx. :)

I am Pro-Death penalty because:
1. It may make criminals think twice before committing crimes- therefore reducing crime.
2. After how Murderers caused so much misery and destruction: Do they deserved the right to a life?
3. It is expensive to keep these criminals behind bars, therefore, the death-penalty can reduce costs.
4. After the horrible things a murderer did, he may actually want to die and relief himself of the burden that he/she is a murderer.
5. Scientists are working on making the death penalty less painful: In a few years it may be painless.
6. If they have a life-time sentence, they’re likely not to be contributing anything positive to their nation- just living there life in cells. What’s the point of keeping them alive?

I am Anti- death penalty because:
1. It is hypocritical. Saying murder is terrible and then using the death penalty on murderer’s is murder in itself.
2. It might be extremely painful for the criminal. Torture even. Which isn’t justified.
3. Death is a easy way out for serious-offenders. Murderers don’t deserve the right to forget. Can the murderer’s family forget? Can the murdered victim’s family forget?
4. What if a mistake is made? What if the “Murderer” was misjudged and is actually innocent? You can’t take that back.
5. What if the murderer had down-syndrome or a serious mental-health issue and didn’t understand what he/she was doing? Maybe didn’t even know he/she was a murderer.
6. It’s really hard to rehabilitate a dead person…

वाद-विवाद 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना vick2075 said…
no 1 argument for anti-death penalty is flawed. When a fault is committed it has to be punished...one of the punishment available is the death penalty....it is not called murder. Murder has been committed when an innocent man dies by the hand of another under premeditation. The latter person must be punished, one available means is death penalty...a life for a life! Death penalty is not administered to innocents but to murderers. So calling death penalty murder is contradictory at best.

Death penalty should be available but only in cases where the offender has repeatedly done the same crimes over and over again. The first usual punishment should be incarceration with a view for rehabilitation...but in case these fail, there can't be no choice than to administer death penalty!