ट्वाईलाईट शृंखला lets have a debate! Team Edward vs. Team Jacob

gileygirl posted on Apr 06, 2008 at 09:01PM
alright girlies here's the thing. For the past few weeks i have been bothered by some of the picks that have been forming lately. like who Bella choose?, who do you like better?, etc. all these have involved with edward and jacob. i like answering the picks because they're fun and i like everyones opinion =), but instead of having picks lets express how POV's of edward and jacob on here and talk about them.

Jacob Fans: why do you guys like Jacob? what reasons do you like him?, and when did u start liking Jacob? Why do you hate Edward, and why do u think he is the right one for Bella and not Edward?

(my personal quesion for jacob fans is..you read twilight and that was all about edward and bella no jacob (other than Bella False flirting with jake in la push). did u like edward then? and if u dont like edward that much why read twilight because its all about edward and bella and her love for him, and jake was merely a prop (no offence) but thats what i want to know...)

Edward fans:Why do u like edward? When did u like edward? what do u not like about jacob? what make edward the one for Bella?

i want a clean fight ladies (im sure all of us canplay fair ;), but lets have fun and express everyones opinion on this battle)

ट्वाईलाईट शृंखला 207 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 207

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना CullenCult said…

**I'm an Edward Cullen, kind-of-girl. ; )**

*Why I like Edward?* : He is a gentlemen, he is kind to Bella, he is protective, he is "sarcastic funny", and he is a good role model. (aside from what happened in New Moon, but he still did that for Bella's own good. And I completely forgive him.)
*When did I start to like Edward?* : I started to like Edward when he saved Bella from being crushed by Tyler's van.
*Why I don't like Jacob?* : I used to hate Jacob with every fiber of my being, but now I just "semi" don't like him. Here are the main things that make me dislike Jacob
1} In New Moon after Edward left, how he kept trying to get Bella to love him, even though HE KNEW that she didn't feel that way about him. re: The Movie Theater.
2} After he changes how he is so mean to her (Bella) after he promised to be there for her. (So that I don't get jumped on by Jacob fanatics, I know that that part wasn't really his fault but he could've hinted to her earlier. Or at least he could've tried.)
3} In New Moon, after Edward comes back, how he rats Bella out to Charlie about the Motorcycle.
4} In Eclipse, when he wouldn't even talk to her.
5} In Eclipse when he pushed himself on her, without her permission when all she wanted was to be friends.

6} In Eclipse when he gave Bella a choice; either kiss him or he was going to go get himself killed.

7} How he was unthankful to "Dr. Cullen" after he fixed him.

*What makes Edward the one for Bella?* : Well Edward has saved her countless times, he left to HELP her, he is going to give her what she wants, even if he thinks it is wrong, attempts to get along with Jacob a.k.a. his worst enemy, he loves her with all of his being, and the fact that they are soulmates.

**There thats my argument.**
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना twilightaddict said…
I will forever LOVE Edward. I mean its nice for Jacob to step in when Edward left, but that doesn't give him the right to mess up their relationship when he finally gets back. Does it? And pretty much Edward and Bella fit better together as a couple. Unlike Jacob. And Edward I think watches out for Bella more.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना VampireGirl said…
ok, this may be a long post. sorry about that :)

is it fair if i don't have a side?
i like jacob AND edward.

edward and jake are different people, and i almost think that you cant compare them. i mean, edward was always the boyfriend figure, and jacob was mostly the friend figure.to me, its hard to picture jake with bella.
i know jake loves bella, but i kinda think that he only thinks he does(i mean, most guys will have a crush and think they're in love, but theyre not. especially these days).
on with my reasons on who i like...
edward:
i like edward a bit more. and im not saying i dont like jake, cuz i do, its just edward has that, fairytale flair. edward is the guy i have ALWAYS wanted. ALWAYS. hes sweet, romantic, funny, and he protects bella. sometimes he can be a bit OVERprotective, but its better then forcing her to fight for her own life all the time(and with her danger magnet thing goin on, hes a nice thing to have around lol).edward would do absolutely anything for bella, and couldnt live without her. hes her romeo. and in a way, hes better than romeo. i mean, he cant die. but he would if he knew she wasnt alive. does that make sense?

jacob:
i love jake. hes the dangerous guy that bella needs. he is funny and light hearted. he can make bella stop thinking for once, and just have fun.and, he also has the power to heal her(well, as much as someone in her position can be healed). sure, jake can be immature and stupid, but bella needs that. everyone does. bella already had edward, the serious but romantic one, she needed a guy who could lift her spirits and just be there for her.

ok, jake and edward are like, complete opposites. and bella needs them both. she needs someone to keep her sane(edward), but she needs to break free sometimes too(jacob).look, i think that bella should be with edward, but only because he has always been the boyfriend type, not just a friend. and besides, its harder to turn love into friendship than friendship into love.
and anyways, jake had a crush on bella for a long time, that doesnt mean he loved her. edward proved that he couldnt live without her in italy(i am not saying jake should commit suicide to see if bella would save him).
all in all, jake is bellas wild guy. the one she can count on for support, and lots of laughs. and edward is bellas other part(part of her kinda belongs to jake. just not as big a part). he keeps her breathing, and when she just needs to be with someone, hes always there. shes never alone with edward existing.

does that make sense? any of it?

i told you this might be long :P

so, i'm switzerland!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना starry-eyed said…
LOL!! I'm sooo switzerland too! I really like both of them just Edward more cuz hes more of a BOYfriend (or should i say vampirefriend?? lol) and jakes more of a FRIEND..just a friend! like i just don't think that he could be as passionate and romantic as Edward! and thats what i like is just the instinsity of their relationship! soo i really just hope Jake finds someone else so he can be happy too!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना chels05 said…
I love edward more pretty much because he's the kind of guy I would like to have. (don't need to list all the details...they're included in everyone elses posts:P)

I'll admit, I didn't like jacob at first. It was mainly because in New Moon, i was so sad Edward was gone and didn't like Jacob taking over lol. But i've come to appreciate him. He's a nice caring guy and he fell in love. I can't help but feel bad for the guy..
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना bella_luna said…
Okay.
Edward + Bella = perfect
Edward + Me = amazing
Jacob + Bella = Hermione + Snape (EW)

So, I hate...well, actually [hate is a strong word, but i really really really don't like] Jacob. I had trouble reading New Moon, because i was just so discontent with Jacob and so annoyed with everything that he did, i just wanted Edward to come back.

But I suppose Jacob ended up being a good friend for Bella, i just got so frustrated with him in Eclipse and New Moon with him always throwing himself at Bella.

I don't hate Jacob, I just really, really hate Jacob and Bella together.

And, some of your Jacob-ers said that Edward was just too perfect, and I don't want to impugn your opinion, but to me, Edward really isn't perfect at all.

Perhaps is physical appearance is flawless, but as a character i find him to be very flawed, and i think the mistakes he makes make him more real to me. I mean look at New Moon, he left Bella.

Basically the biggest screw up he could ever make. He makes mistakes, just like Bella, just like Jacob.

sorry this was way longer than i intended :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना vampiregirll101 said…
I like Jacob and Edward the same. Sure Jacobs sometimes a jerk, but it's kinda hard to express your feeling to an eighteen year old when your sixteen. So you're likely to act more immature then necessary. I like Edward because he sacrificed what he wanted because Bella couldn't stand to be away from him (cause she's so stupidly selfish). My opinion that I feel very strongly about is that Bella doesn't deserve either one of them. She's really selfish and it annoys me how she can't give up a little bit of her happiness for what she really wants. To me it seems like she wants everything, even things she can't have. Edward is willing to give up his happiness for her, and Jacob said he would not complain about her not liking him that way anymore. Bella needs to get a grip on herself. She can't have both of them!!!! She's going to start a war between them because of her ***** selfishness! All I want in the end is for both Jacob and Edward to be happy. I'm really undecided who should be with her. Because honestly both guys deserve better then a girl like Bella.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना andierox13 said…
It is a tie for me.Jacob is her best friend and when Edward came back she even said she missed Jacob so I don think she should have to choose even though I'm more for Edward because he really really loves Bella but so does Jacob like when Jacob was talking about imprinting and said that all he saw was Bella even when he closed her eyes.Bella got freaked out because of her love for Edward but Jacob understood and apologized. So I don't hate either of them and I started to fall in love with Jacob in New Moon and then deff. In Elclipse. I was in love with Edward from the beginning after they got over the whole not talking to each other. When Edward saved her from the van I knew that they would be in love. It was such a sweet and brave thing to do to risk his secret I thought wow he must really like her.So yeah. My opinion is she shouldn't fall in love with Jacob or anything she should just keep him as her best friend that she could hang out with and have wild times with. Edward should and will always be her first and true love. She wants to give up mortality for him so you know that she loves him. That is my opinion.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ethan101 said…
to chocolate bear: first of all i dont like jacob at all. edward was talking about the marriag thing with bella but dont you think it was f^#$@ up when jacob madeout with bella when her and edward were together? and then telling bella that if she didnt kiss him that he would leave. and then when she kisses him he still leaves and letting bella just cry. is he really that noble? and besides he said that he wouldnt miss the fight for anything.. it makes you wanna think doesnt it?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना i_luv_twilight said…
i hav been known to flip from team Edward to team Jacob a LOT. wen i finish Twilight i said 'ok i m officially on team edward!' well that last up until i was reading new moon and edward left. i was like 'omg i cant believe edward wood do sumting like that!' and i flipped to team jacob while he was putting bella back together. but then wen edward went to Italy and was going to die for bella, i flipped again! then i read eclipse and had the hardest time deciding. but now i m on team edward and i m totally staying

i like edward because he's classy, romantic, and always had the best in mind for bella. even if that meant leaving her (which totally sucked)

i like jacob because like edward he cares for bella's safety. and i like jacob because he has genuine feeling for bella (both as a friend and a little bit more than a friend) i feel sorry for Jacob when Bella chooses edward.

i always feel like i need to give luv to jacob any chance i get because he is always turned down and hated on. not only by bella i might add.

so i m on team edward like i said and staying there!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना gileygirl said…
everyone has a great opinion in this forum! just keep it a clean fight ladies, not need to bash on each others own opinion. other than that keep up the good work =D
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना proedward said…
I'm getting a little nervous about the 4th book. If there is even a slight chance that Bella picks Jacob, I will never recommend this series to anybody. Everyone loves a good love story and that just won't be the case if she picks Jacob. Jacob is a nuisance, I can't stand him. He was great in the beginning but his character turned into someone obnoxious and too pushy. Although, I think Bella is to blame too. Even though she loves his friendship, anyone that continues to talk like that to her and kiss her against her will, is not really a friend. He tried, she said no, and he should have left it at that. I loved this series but I will be beyond disappointed if Jacob becomes a major part of the story again. I liked the theory of him coming back as a villian and Edward pulverizing him. But Bella needs to buck up too, she's getting a little to comfortable with going back and forth. It doesn't seem like she means at that way but it makes her look stupid and too easy.

EDWARD all the way!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना wildrose02 said…
I like them both. The thing I am uncomfortable with when it comes to Bella and Edward, is the fact that Bella has to change everything to be with Edward. She has to become a vamp, which can be pretty terrible. I think Bella is really worried about becoming an out of control, bad vamp. She won't be able to have contact with her family or her nonvamp friends. She will be an enemy to Jake and his kind. And I think their love is a bit unnatural and obsessive, it kind of worries me a bit.
Now, with Jacob, Bella has a friend, and any good relationship should start as a friendship. Plus, Bella really liked kissing Jacob, no worries about being his dinner! He has grown up to be really hot, there is something to be said for tall dark and handsome! Speaking of hot, I do like my men warm blooded. Edward has his charm, and that mysterious, bad boy thing can be pretty hot too. I know everybody says Bella has made her choice, but a girl can change her mind. It's not over till it's over!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना proedward said…
I'm having a really hard time feeling sympathy for Jakob. Yes- he was there for Bella when Edward left, but let's not forget that Edward left to protect her. And furthermore, Jacob has been using and still uses Edward's (selfless) decision to look like the hero every chance he gets, including getting Bella to kiss him. Sure, she liked it for like 2 minutes and even then when she saw how "normal" her life would be with Jacob, she still wanted Edward. He was there for Bella when she needed him as a friend. Edward can not be blamed for antagonizing Jacob because Jacob is worse in the things he says to Edward. In the last book he really came off as a classless, sore loser.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना bella_luna said…
proedward - i completely agree with you. Jacob is just an annoying character and i will be so frustrated if he becomes a major part of Breaking Dawn. i don't enjoy reading chapter with jacob in them, infact i usually skip through them and just read the edward parts :)

edward pulverizing jacob would be lovely.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना i_luv_twilight said…
my bff (a twilight lover also) says TEAM EDWARD always!

she likes edward because he rocks the house, he is GORGEOUS!!! and he is sophisticated and classy
she gives a shout-out to team JASPER!!!

o as i said i always give luv to jacob any chance i get so here it is. U ROCK JACOB!!!!! LUVS FROM ME!!!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cole101 said…
i think jake deserves bella. although edward is a very good canidate. bella does not deserve edward. i think bella and jake are perfect for eachother. EDWARD IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Hazy said…
TEAM EDWARD!!

I can understand why people don't like Edward after New Moon and how people loved how Jacob saved Bella from falling into the abyss.

I loved Edward from the first time that he was mentioned, even when we thought that he hated Bella, I loved him. I loved his charisma, his sensitivity, the fact that he would kill himself just to save Bella and of course because in my mind he is the sexiest man alive. I was devastated in New Moon when Edward left Bella, but I never for one moment thought that he was being selfish, he left her for her own good, and I believe that it was his ever-present insecurities that made him think that Bella would be able to get over him, which obviously she wasn't. He has told Bella a thousand times how much he loves her and how her love for him could never be as much as his love for her (it's corny but sweet).

I began to dislike Jacob nearer to the end of New Moon, when he made it clear that he wanted Bella as more than a friend, I knew that Edward would come back, and I didn't want Bella to be with anyone but him.

I began to hate Jacob in Eclipse when he forced himself on Bella (e.g in the meadow). I wanted him to let go and I was thrilled in Breaking Dawn when he imprinted on Renesmee, and how immedietely, all his romantic feelings for Bella went away.

I understand Jacob's pain better now that I saw from his point of view, but I am still and always will be in love with Edward Cullen.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना EdwardCullen143 said…
I am an Edward fan ALL THE WAY! Edward just has a certain charm to him. And the way he has so much respect for Bella just drives me insane! I'd kill for a guy who wouls show so much respect to me as Edward gives to Bella. Edward, unlike Jacob, never forces Bella to do something she doesn't want to do. Edward loves Bella so much, he would do anything to make her happy. Even if it means removing himself from the picture. It sometimes makes my feel like Jacob loves Bella in a much different way than Edward loves her. Edward, like I stated before, would give his life to see Bella happy. Jacob, on the other hand, needs Bella in his life so badly that it's almost greedy on his part. I don't know, that's just the way it seems to me. I think it so so incredibly romantic and sweet and Edward + Bella = True Love for Eternity. [Even though I'm in love with Edward Cullen.]
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना emilylovesyou said…
I TOTALLY pick edward!!!
He's sweet and sensitive, and is protective and hopes for Bella's well-being. Dont get me wrong Jacob fans, I just think he comes on to hard. In the third book, he just crossed the line. Well, I think Edward is better. YAY!!!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना mikamassacre said…
you guys are all dumb.
like honestly, we ALL know that regardless of what happens between Jacob and Bella, she's gonna pick Edward in the end.
it's called BEING REALISTIC.
besides, I personally believe Edward is wwwaayyyy better; Jacob is...... okay. sort of annoying....
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना vampiress015 said…
I love Edward and Jacob...seriously I've cried for both of them. I even started hating Bella at one point because she was hurting both of them (and trust me I'm a Bella fan through and through).
But in a way I'm glad that she chose Edward in the end, cos if Jacob was made for her why didn't he imprint on her?
I also think that it was always Edward and Bella from the start and I didn't think that was ever going to change. Maybe it would have been Jacob and Bella if Edward didn't come back, but it just doesn't sound right if you know what I mean. I think Edward and Bella were made for each other.
But if I had to chose between Edward and Jacob...well that's a toughy. I'm team Switzerland on this one.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना stormi1997 said…
Ok, personally, I pick Edward.
Really, cause I think him and Bella are truly meant for each other. And I'm sorry Jacob, but I never actually liked him. I mean, Edward just I think puts more love into Bella, than Jake does.
Maybe its me, but I think Jacob kinda shows off maybe a little. Like in New Moon, where he fights with Paul. Well, Edward I think wouldn't do that. Its shows you who is really meant for Bella.
So, yeah, I'm Team Edward.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना jele said…
jele stays for je loves edward.... i love edward because is perfect... it's my dream and it is something that doesn't exist... tw and ed are my little world.... i hated jacob because i saw him as a danger for my perfect dream...but more than jacob i hated bella'cause made suffer my god, edward but also the nice jacob... but in breaking dawn i looked at jacob with different eyes and i forgave him... in the end i liked jacob too
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना babygurl27889 said…
TOTALLY EDWARD ////

I say Edward because bella see's more in him and anyhow how could yall choose Bella's lover ????????/
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना lauren_crawford said…
I like Jacob better. Jacob first of all is way cuter than Edward. Second he would always be there for Bella unlike Edward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना twilightlover33 said…
i <3 edward but jacob is still a great guy too. I like edward because he alwasy knows what to say and make everything perfect. I was even in love with him when he didn't want to be around Bella and ignored her presence. He knows when he is wrong and he admits when he is jelous!!!
Edward is sooo the ultimate guy!!! Jacob is too average for my tastes

<3 Edward 4ever baby!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना x-haylllllley said…
i love them both, but i deffinately want bella with edward more,i cant believe the end of eclipse, i felt like bella didnt really love edward anymore. it made me sad :( but did any one else feel like that? i feel like she just stayed with him because thats what she was supposed to do
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना musiclikelove said…
well, i personally, like edward better. it's not that i don't like jake, it's just that he's just wrong. i have been in the same position, where you best friend is with someone you don't like, and you don't think their really in "love", or you think they can do better with you, or someone else, and it's all pure jealousy. it really is. i was really jealous and upset when my best friend started dating another girl, and it was hard on me because that was another girl in her life. needless to say, we aren't friends anymore, but for other reasons. i just think that bells has formed a better romantic attatchment to edward. jake is too young, and immature. he's got a bad temper, and bella needs the patience that edward has. jake is just better off as a friend than anything else. that's what i think. i personally like jasper more. but not for bella....for me!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना house1 said…
i love edward......not only because he is HOT and SWEET but because if u read the books jacob was more about just him and bella and edward was the first to see that making her choose between him and jacob was tearing her apart and he let her pick even if she didn't pick him he would live with her choice!!

GO TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना latinlover said…
Alright lets get ths clear okay... first off who wants a dog comon its all bout the shine people.
Edward we all adore him and we all know jacob is jus a block for edward.i love Edward simply becuase hes the only one that truely is good for bella becuase he loves her and cares enough to protect her. i feel in love with edward the first timehe was mentiond. now the reason i hate jacob (given he is totlay cutier in the movie) is becuase he causes trouble makes things worse and wont grow up. he is childish and annoyin and thinks he can do anything. now Edward is perfect for bella cuz he is understndin, sweet, kind and compastionate, and cares for her more than the world soo there i have sayd my peice

Go TEAM EDWARD CULLEN!!!!" I sparkle in the sun what can u do but lick urself mutt"
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना jennyrules1504 said…
well i'm a edward fan but jacob really gets on my nearves of how he acts.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना jenza-twilight said…
i like Edward hes real sweet and loves Bella soo soo much, i mean so does Jacob but Edward is overprotective and so jealous its cute and Jacob is ok i guess but the whole never letting Bella go and being shady to try and get Bella not impressive.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना B_E4eva said…
EDWARD!
1 he's cute!
2 he's nice
3 jacob's ugly in the movie
4 he's a jerk!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना hellgirl223 said…
Jacob.. AS much as people say that Edward is handsome and gentleman.. I mean Jacob is nice, friendly, kind, upbeat, cheerful, optimistic, playful, protective, awesome, warm adventurous & sweet.. Edward is too.. perfect, too serious.. I just dont like guys thats TOO perfect, and so what if Edward has more fans and is considered the most neat, handsome, gentleman and rich. Look at her relationship with Jacob, it sounds that Bella is having more fun with Jacob as in, he likes to hang out with him more like a friend. Don't forget that Jacob is more humorous and he would make a totally awesome best friend! You know, looks ISN'T everything. I think it is RIDICULOUS for people to pick Edward just because he is considered totally perfect an has WAY better looks than Jacob, but please, no offense, I respect your opinion. And im guessing most of the people here wants someone warm to hug, not cold, or hard as granite (I meant in a good way, Edward is good too). Also I bet he's a WAY better kisser.. Warm, soft & Tender. What more could a girl want? And sure, wolfy boy has some flaws, like too tempered, rude and too grudging.. But that does NOT mean Edward doesnt have flaws too, for example Edward is TOO serious and TOO overprotective, not to mention overreaction as Stephenie stated, so that means he IS NOT perfect Okay, and dont be dissapointed Edward fans. I also love Jacob's childish acts ;) And he was there for Bella when Edward broke her heart to pieces. When Bella was motionless and heart-broke in months, Jacob came and it helped cheer Bella ALOT. And well, I just think that Jacob would be perfect for her. I mean he was there for Bella when Edward wasnt, he became her personal sun and he was the light that shone over Bella when she was heart-broken. He's just so.. Sweet, I mean who wouldn't want to have Jacob xS Try putting your feet in Bella's shoes. Wouldnt u at LEAST feel greatful for Jacob? He was the one who was there for you when you needed something the most! And he definetely didnt leave Bella for long.. Unlike Edward the-totally-perfect-hottie-vampire >_> *rolls eyes* Ok I like Edward but its just a LIKE. He's nice and all but hes too... serious, overprotective, perfect, gentleman and he looks.. emotionless :S And a note for those wo love Bella: If you TRULY love Bella, just LET her love two person at the same time. LET her love Jacob too if she LOVES HIM. Ok, Im done. GO TEAM JACOB xD!! *Plus, werewolves are totally awesome xD* Same goes with TRUE Twilighters.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना twilighter-duh said…
Edward, duh!! i like Edwards protective side and his humoress side,i never liked Jacob but i am not going to dis him i just like Edward better.i think Edward is just the ONE for Bella. Stephenie Meyer like made you fall in love with Edward i know i will like Edward better then Jacob FOREVER!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना wimole said…
of course Edward,only he is for Bells and i think Jake necessary just to make an interesting book, to wrap up a plot.They are really very beautiful and very nice,and the most important,she dont love Jacobe,it's obviously.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Angelslight said…
BOTH are AMAZING in their own right. I might have picked Jacob because he is all the things that are good for Bella --- warm, loyal, loving, protective, encouraging, so passionate, and fun. A real best friend who would also be a real great love for Bella....EXCEPT for one thing--- Imprint. Already Bella was crushed in the beginning of New Moon imagine she would pick Jacob only to find out later that he Imprints with some other soulmate...So Edward is technically and ironically the safer choice. He will love her to the end of his time and he loves her so good now.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Itz193 said…
I'm with Team Edward
Edward & Bella is all about True Love. They're each others reason for being.

Jacob is annoying guy. He made an emotional blackmail against Bella when he threatened to be reckless with his life in the Eclipse book tent scene hence Bella asking for his kiss. What a jerk! Bella made a mistake kissing him. Jacob is immature & likes to throw insult on vempires esp the Cullens (leeches, bloodsuckers, etc)

Now, Edward & Bella have a deep level of emotional connection. He is protective of Bella 'coz she is a danger magnet & he's a vampire. He's not overprotective at all. There is a real & present danger when Bella as human became his GF. He wants Bella to be safe. Edward is a gentleman who was raised in the early 1900s so he treats Bella with courtesy & respect & practices chivalry. He's a bizarrely moral vampire because of that & Carlisle's influence. He dazzles Bella. She loves Edward unconditionally for a human being. Remember, he doesn't have a mate for over 80 years. He's been alone for a long time. He's perfect because he's not human but a bizarrely moral vampire. He's like the Vampire Guy Next Door. Jacob is human so he's not perfect. Bella choose Edward because she can't live without him. If Bella choose Jacob it will be a love without passion for Bella.
Like I said... Jacob is emotional because he is STILL a kid! He's only like 16 and Edward is like 107! And I agree with Angel- The imprint thing is the only thing I find annoying to be a werewolf. And I think my reasoning isnt helping.. A true Twilighter should know that Edward and Jacob is unique in their own ways. A true Twillighter accepts the plot the way it is, the relationship between characters the way it is, the characters the way they are and just accept Twilight the way it is.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना lillianorg said…
hey hellgirl223 what is your prob edward was made for bella thats how the story was written ok lillian

but i geuss he could be there for her more but stillpeople edward all the way and jacob only 3/4 of the way k
I know but the debate is about who is better, Ed or Jake (mainly).
weel why cant u eccept the true plot hellgirl223 Edward was made to be with Bella thats how it was written and u need to just learn to accept that ok. and for all my Edward lovers out there be sure to show your obsession every where you are the more fans the better we always talk about this debate on twilighters.org ' s chat room come join us
Well Jake wants Bella to break up with her boyfriend Edward so that makes him a horrible friend he cant accept that thier not together.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना lilsweetone427 said…
I'm on Team Edward. I like Edward for a lot of reasons. I mean he is so unselfish. He loves Bella way more than Jacob. He was willing to let go of Bella, just so she can be happy. It's great how he's old fashioned. He has good manners. He was willing to create an alliance with his own enemies. He dazzles me. There's so much more about Edward, that you can't even put into words. I started liking Edward when I was reading Twilight, a few months ago. I got to know his character really well by reading Twilight and Stephenie Meyer's draft of Midnight Sun. Btw Midnight Sun is incomplete, but you can read what Stephenie has done, so far, at her website. Jacob fits better as Bella's best friend. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BREAKING DAWN AND YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILED STOP READING NOW. I'M WARNING YOU RIGHT NOW. I SERIOUSLY DON'T WANT TO SPOIL IT FOR PEOPLE, WHO HAVEN'T READ IT. STOP READING NOW, IF YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILED!!!!! FINAL WARNING!!!!!
Ok, Jacob could be Bella's best friend, but he's more like a son to her. Considering he imprints on Renesmee (Bella's daughter) and Renesmee loves him back. I still think Jacob is awesome for keeping Bella's alive. Jacob isn't exactly the nicest to the Cullens anyway. There's more I want to say about Edward. Of course he loves Bella more than Jacob. It's good that Edward is overprotective. It's like Jacob doesn't care about safety. That could cost Bella's life. So, that would crush his and Edward's heart. Edward was willing to die for Bella. I bet Jacob wouldn't. Jacob was basically trying to force Bella to be with him. Especially the time when he kissed her and she was trying to pull away, but he wouldn't let her. Edward doesn't force Bella to love him. Edward is obviously a better choice. I don't like having to choose between Edward and Jacob, but I prefer Edward. I'm more of a Team Switzerland or something. Or unless some people like to call it Team Jedward. That's cute! Anyways, what's more important is being a true fan of Twilight. It doesn't matter what team you're on. As long as you like the Twilight series, everyone should be happy. It's great to know all the people who are mature enough to not care whether Bella ends up with Jacob or Edward. Btw She ends up with Edward (Obviously). So, don't be a hater of Edward or Jacob. They're both great guys!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना musicandmango said…
I love Jacob, he's just more loose, outgoing, and fun. Edward was O.K. but even while reading Twilight I still wasn't like "OMG Edward Culen!" I really started liking Jake in NM, cause he was supportive and sweet.I still read Twilight cause Edward is cool in his own way, and I think we all (in some part of our head, even if we didn't want to admitt it)Knew it would Edward and not Jake.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना twilight_is_gr8 said…
personally i think bella is gonna choose edward cas he really cares about her & even when he tried to stay away so he didnt hurt her he couldnt resist being with her & all & just that he really loves her & he does everything to protect her & he would rather die than be without her. :]
lillianorg, I DO accept the plot, I do accept the fact that Edward and Bella is together. I KNOW they are meant to be with eachother, Its really OKAY with me if they do. And lils, I agree with you about the being a true twilighter thing. And in my view, yeah Jacob is better to be a best friend, the thing I dont like is why people hate Jake so much, sure he forced kissed Bella, but thats EXACTLY why im saying it. he's only 16 and he's still a kid, but later on, he accepts the fact that Ed and Bella is together anyway. Yeah the only thing I find weird about Jacob is that first he loved Bella, the mother, then he imprinted on Reenesme.. I cant imagine Jake being Bella's son :O (I accept this fact btw)- And I think that Jacob Black the human doesnt have any flaws (stated by SM herself) BUT yeah, Jacob Black the wolfie boy does have a flaw (his temper) :O So Im still wondering, do Jacob-haters hate the Jacob human or Jacob wolfie? Or maybe both?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Kretek87 said…
I am all for Team JACOB!

But I guess my opinion is a little different than most here, I fall into that 1% of being a guy who likes Twilight. Then after that I fall into the 10% of straight guys that likes Twilight. So I'm a pretty small minority here...

Anyway, I am on Team Jacob because to me, he's much more of a realistic character. I'm sure every girl wishes for a Prince Charming Edward, but it's not gonna happen. Jacob is someone I could see myself being friends with, or even aspiring to be like. He's funny, honest, and a great friend. Sure he's not perfect, and makes some dumb and hurtful mistakes, but who is perfect these days?

Also, it's not that I dislike Edward, he's written to be for Bella so I can't really hate on him. I do agree he is a bit overprotective and unfair, maybe for the right reasons but it is a quality I cannot stand. Plus him leaving her New Moon was a game breaker for me. You simply di not do that to someone who is so emotionally dependent on you. Maybe it sounds really romantic on print, but try dating someone like that in real life. I hate d-bag boyfriends, not that Edward is one, but there are too many out there dating girls that deserve better.

I guess what it really comes down to, is I almost always cheer on the underdog.(no pun intended)
I think the way Breaking Dawn ended was a happy ending for everyone, but pre-BD I would much rather have preferred Bella to choose Jacob.