द लेजेंड ऑफ ज़ेल्डा A female Link?

knifewrench posted on Aug 15, 2008 at 01:09PM
A lot of female gamers I know get annoyed when they have to play the game as a guy, marry a girl... and only play the game from one angle.

I was thinking that at the start of the game, you should get the choice between a female and male Link.

This wouldn't really ruin/change/damage the storyline, as it is very clear that there are MANY Links in the Legend of Zelda, and the occurance of one of those Link's having a daughter instead of a son wouldn't be a bad thing.

What's your opinion?

द लेजेंड ऑफ ज़ेल्डा 11 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना RainbowGeek819 said…
Well Im a Female Gamer and......Link all the way Im Sorry and Im not try to dis My Girly Side But I (well since I was 14)Kinda grow up with link and A girl would Just Be wried...unless It was zelda But..

Maybe Like In Twilight princess You can change in to a wolf and a Human well maybe if Like That but you change zelda and link.....but that would be just plainly stupid XD But a great idea

Its a Great Idea Knifewrech But....Im quite happy with link

and FYI... Link dose Kinda Give to the girl players becase 1. For the girls how have a crush on link (i dont get how you could have a crush on video game character) and 2.Link DOSE look like a girl sometims XD
Marry a Girl?? Link never got married (I Hope) well Only Zelda I would be happy but if its not ¬¬ Yeah I hate them XD Like Lila or Saria! )X
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना knifewrench said…
I was just using "marrying" as an example of a video game mechanic that can't always be used from both sides.

And by the way, it's "Ilia" not "Lila" :P
Opps....Well its a wried name giving me that at least!

marrying Hmmm....Something new there XD
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना linklover95 said…
hmmm
I agree, hving a female link would be wierd. I can't have a crush on a girl! That's just not right! But i have to admit it is an ok idea, don't get me wrong...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना linklover95 said…
angry
Scratch that... this will change the entire storyline. what the heck would you do with zelda then?! I'm a girl and I have no problem with that!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना vampiressJazz said…
what no i like link as a guy
he's cute i like playing as him he sounds so cute when he falls and kills himself
i grew up playing zelda too i cant imagine link as a female i started playing zelda when i was 6 and now im 15
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना treborretsof said…
Ive been playing zelda for a long time and it just wouldnt be right if link was a girl in my opinion it's to good of a game to change one of the main people.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ktlady said…
Another girl's opinion.: I don't think I would even play a female counterpart if given the option!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Jessicatt said…
I'm a female, and I don't mind playing as a male Link. Although, it is funny giving him the name "Jessica" in Ocarina of Time LOL! The hero in the Zelda games has always been a male, and it would be weird to throw in a female heroine at this point...Maybe if you could play as Zelda it wouldn't be so weird, but I wouldn't like having some random character being added.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना birdy-birdy said…
crying
I would think it so wierd 2 play as a female in any way, zelda, or any one. I am a female, but I personly think that a female link would be a.... big change. I have been playing this game since I was 3 and now i am 13, to add a female now would be a ghuge turnoff thouight hey are getting closer to having a female play larger roles with spirit track but palying one? It would be rlly awkward for me and for a lot of ppl. Good idea thought!