स्टारबक्स Starbucks: For pretentious wanna be's?

javagurl posted on Feb 06, 2008 at 03:54AM
Lets face it people, when you walk into a SB's all you see is a bunch of yuppified freaks. Then you have those "I wanna look like a starving, tortured artist but I am not because I am really rich" types, your soccer mom's, young snotty kids who think they are DA SHIIT, older people that are retired and do not want to rub elbows w/ the low class DD's (Dunkin Donuts: The Starbucks of Da Ghetto!) types, And us "normal" everyday folk that just want a damned cup of joe!

One day I made the mistake of asking for a large Java Chip Frapp (THANX Mike) and I was looked at like I said I like to eat dog shit naked under the pale moon light after killing a chicken ritual style.

Excuse MOI, I meant to say "GRANDE", you know, like your EGO!

It can be a very intimidating experience for those not in the know.
YOU MUST ask for the coffee drink as it is listed on the board. As far as size goes, do NOT ask for small, medium, large! You are HOPELESSLY uncouth if you do and may risk getting bounced outta that joint on your ass!

Be prepared to bust open the 401K if you volunteered to grab drinks for the crew at work, school, meetings (yes, the 12 step kind).
When you walk in with a group order, that is when life gets VERY interesting!

People need to get a grip and drink their damned coffee as the good man or lady above intended.
This 1/2 decaf, 1/2 caff, 2 splenda, 1 tsp sugar, soy milk,(all of this was for one cup of coffee BTW) crap has got to go people! Put some damned cream & sugar in it and shut the F up already!

I love me them Pumpkin Spice Lattes however (DD's make's a superior one and it is cheaper).

Coffee is there to enjoy, it is an indulgence. If you are spending 6$ for a drink you better get your moneys worth sweeties.

I love the kids that think they are so cool by going to SB's. You ever notice all they order is the Java Chip Frapp's or some type of hot chocolate concoction? They are the epitome of what is wrong with todays kids and I cringe to grow old with them ruling the world.

When the barrista's see these kids lining up they know they are gonna be blending up a shit load of JC Frapp's. They dread it actually. They are hard work.

My bro-in-law worked at SB's in Westport, Ct. and he got to wait on Martha Stewart. She wanted a scone toasted & buttered and for some odd reason this SB's was not allowed to handle the food in that manner. She was LIVID when he refused. She even pulled the "Do you know who I am" card. He said "Yes, I do but I will not risk my job for you ma'm".
Needless to say she stormed out after people scurried to make her raggedy coffee drinks. She left them on the counter and went to DD's down the road! No, seriously, she went to the OTHER SB's about 1 mile down the road and got what her wittle, snobby ass desired.

Personally, I don't like SB's at all. It is all that is wrong with the world today. They chew up and spit out the little coffee houses that are all that IS right with the world today.

I love DD's and those cute, little coffee houses w/local artists pictures on the walls for sale, big pieces of Red Velvet Cake and Choco Chip cookies with a nice Mocha Java and you are set.

Hopefully you'll get to hear some cute dreadlocked dude singing acoustic Lemonheads or some poetry readings. Stereotypical crap I know, but it is what a coffee house is all about.

People that are mad cool and down to earth.
Where all types join each other and you do not see the social classes or racial divides.

Where you can ask for a large coffee and not get looked at like a puppy kicker for not ordering a Grande Cappuccino w/Soy milk foam and a shot of Irish Cream syrup and a Biscotti and pay for it with your Black Mastercard.

Down to earth is cool, snooty coffee drinks are cool, everything is laid back and you feel welcome and not hurried and like you are on display.

Starbucks reminds me of the school cafeteria.
What you order, how you order it, where you sit and with whom makes or breaks you.
That sucks.

All this for coffee?
Give me DD's any day!

As a matter of fact I think I'll dust off the old coffee bean grinder and Espresso machine I got as a gift and make me a nice Mochacinno. Whole milk please. Real sugar too...

last edited on Feb 06, 2008 at 07:31PM

स्टारबक्स 10 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना dazl said…
I love being a pretenious wannabe...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना javagurl said…
And I love people who don't take this shit too serious...
Wanna know a secret? You're NOT a pretentious wanna be..
Damn! And I was just about to put that on my CV.
OOPSIE. I seem to foul things up right & left.
Maybe I am not thinking straight today. it must be the inferior coffee I was forced to drink this AM.
Ha ha!Lol!

You should try a venti caramel macchiato with whipped full fat cream, half skim half full fat and two shots of half caf espresso with a shot of chocolate syrup and a caramel topping layered with cinnamon with two cubes raw cane sugar. So much better!
If I worked there I would shoot someone that tried to order that mess!
And the sad part is that is what half the ppl sound like when they place their orders!!
I like the raw sugar. I actually buy it for my house.
It has a great taste.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना DarkSarcasm said…
Javagurl, your post cracked me up. I loathe the Starbucks chain (you won't catch me in there unless I've been forcefully dragged against my will), and you are absolutely right about pretty much everything.

This made me think about a Foamy the Squirrel video... I hunted it down, and it's here if you're curious. =P
link
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ineedcoffee said…
I just came from there you made my day darksarcasm and I totally agree javagurl but I still like going there since my town its SB or tim hortons no in between and tim hortons coffee is ok, now don't shoot me I know I'm canadian and we are suppose to love our timmie's but me not so much.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना knaidelah said…
where can you even find those coffee houses anymore? only seen them on tv... i love dd- cheap coffee, no bizarre language needed. any coffee houses in ny?