Pocahontas सवाल On Sequel

LisaForde posted on Mar 14, 2010 at 04:59PM
WHY THE HELL did Pocahuntas promise John Smith that she will be with him forever when she falls in love with another John???.

Pocahontas 7 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Maria7Potter said…
Because the guys that made "Pocahontas 2" hadn't seen the original Disney "Pocahontas" movie (it's the only explanation I can think).
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना PociandSmith said…
mai7potte +10000000000000000.

just pretend that the second movie hasn't exist.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MelodyLaurel said…
That's exactly what I've been asking myself since the release of that stupid sequel. And yeah, I pretend there wasn't a sequel.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना anjastt9 said…
The sequel was made by a completely different writer and director from the first movie. Also, none of the animators that were involved with the first film came back to work on the sequel either. So basically, the sequel wasn't done by the vision of the people who made the original, and that explains why Pocahontas and John Smith seemed out of character compared to the first one. Fortunately, direct to video sequels are not considered canon by the Walt Disney Animation Company as they were made by an entirely different studio called "DisneyToon Studios." :)

I just pretend that the sequel doesn't exist, and it makes me relieved that Disney doesn't consider it canon lol.
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Maria7Potter said…
@anjastt9: Exactly! The sequel is hardly official; it's more of a fanfiction, really.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना anjastt9 said…
That's how I regard them too Maria7Potter! :) Oh, and this is slightly off topic, but if any of you are familiar with IMDB, can you guys help out Pocahontas' rating on that site? It has a 6.3 out of 10, which is pretty low in my opinion.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Anya20 said…
I'm tellin' yinz, that's the worst sequel just after "The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2"! But, they wanted to be more "historically accurate", so they fu**ed off the plot of the first movie, and created the John Rolfe guy. Because in real life Pocahontas married John Rolfe. Okay, but in real life, she never dated John Smith.