मर्लिन ओन बी बी सी Series 5 Spoilers

Sandiwich11 posted on Mar 23, 2012 at 02:13PM
I posted some fairly major casting news on SpoilerTV so I thought it would be time to kick start a thread for S5 spoilers.

link

I'm so stoked that Mordred will be back, and as they have an older actor playing the part could we be seeing some romance for Morgana at last? :D

मर्लिन ओन बी बी सी 38 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना IcLufeMinBytt said…
hmmm
... Am I the only one who think it will seem pretty wrong if Morgana and Mordred got together? ;S
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Sandiwich11 said…
It has been a few Camelot years since we last saw him, but yeah he does still seem kinda young.

Some more casting news:

link

link

I assume that Alvarr will still be with Mordred, they are going to be a pretty tough opponents even if Morgana doesn't join their ranks.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना heartmerlin2 said…
A spoiler for the plot; Mordred tells Morgana who Emry is.
This has no evidence but seems hightly likely.
big smile
^ Yeah, I think he will tell it too! ;) It's so exciting! :D
I hope Mordred does tell her, it would make sense that they would team up. I wonder if Mordred sent Aithusa to revive Morgana last series?

The spoiler about Alvarr returning seems to have been a prank, he isn't set to return after all :( Here's a short set report from an extra who filmed in the caves for Episodes 1 and 2 over the last couple of days:

link
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Myrddin-Fan said…
laugh
If they manage to avoid Mordred telling Morgana who Emrys is then i'll pickle my wool-nuts.
But if he does:
ASDFGHJKL;ASDFGHJKL;SDFGHJKLE3DYGSHBJNKOU­TDW­FSX­VGH­BJN­KMC­DS
hmmm
(Sorry for all the comments)
I really hope they don't give Morgana a genuine love interest. It would just be irrelevant (and time-wasting) for the plot, unless completely necessary- Ie. Morgana seducing somebody of importance. A character who we already know..like Merlin, for example. That would be necessary, and it wouldn't change Morgana's indifference towards all the extras..
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना phoutsavivanh said…
smile
hello!
smile
Hello!
^^^Cary I couldn't agree with you more! I love interest will just detract from the plot and other small but important parts/subplots. I hope that it will only be the Morgana/Mordred reationship that is explored regarding her this coming series.
surprise
Yeah Myrddin-Fan and Heartmerlin2, you are right! ;O
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MikeAP001 said…
Magical wolves are supposed to be in Season Five. Might these be werewolves? The Legends mentioned 2 werewolves: Sir Marrock and Sir Gorlagon.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना tns31091 said…
hmmm
these are just tweets no interviews remember how the spoilers were wrong for season 4. It is only april.
laugh
Yeah... LOL! xD I don't think any of the spoilers last year was true! xD
Another (possible) casting snippet - link
Julian Murphy on a darker Merlin;
Merlin has reluctantly killed enemies before to protect the king but as he grows in to the sorcerer of legend, Merlin seems more akin to his badass alter ego, Emrys. This is something the writers are looking to resume when the show returns. “I think it’s interesting because you saw a glimpse at the end of last series, particularly when he killed Agravaine, where he was becoming a much more stronger, focused and powerful character,” adds Murphy, “and we’re really interested in taking him on that journeywith all its dangers and the temptations it will bring, so that will be a big part of the fifth series.”
big smile
"We can confirm that... Liam Cunningham is going to appear in series five, along with returning guest stars Lindsay Duncan (Queen Annis) and Janet Montgomery (Princess Mithian)," the BBC said.

heart
I'm so glad, especially while Annis will return! :D <3 Can't wait anymore! x3
I'm glad they'll be back. It would be nice if more of Gwaine's issues with the Caerleon royals could be brought out and he could settle them. And, I'd like to see how Gwaine and Mithian get along.
^Yeah, that'd be pretty intersting! I'm honestly starting to believe that Mordred may be of some [intimate] relation to Morgana..
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Raistlin said…
^ God I hope not. That would be creepy O_O
big smile
Oops, I must have written it out wrong. xD I meant i've been mislead into believing that there may be some sort of blood connection between Mordred and Morgana, or Merlin. They're definitely- well, most likely- not of any relation, though; I just think it could be a cool twist, with the connection and all.
laugh
^Lol, but I know they're not. I just like to dream..
They are going to leap forward a few years at the start of the series so I don't really see why they can't be having some sort of relationship, there's only what 5-6 years between them?

Fan set report - link

If true, it looks like Arthur is realising some of his fathers mistakes which makes me happy :o :DD
big smile
CultboX: "[Colin Morgan] also teased: "Dragons will be at the heart of the action, because Merlin and Morgana now derive their powers of these magical creatures. Their next battle should be epic. Morgana could outmaneuver him this time..."

Morgan has also revealed that he believes "it’s time that Arthur learns the truth"."
Recent rumours;
#Series 5 will feature more Arthurian legends although they'll put a different spin on them.
#At least two of them can be found in this list (The Green Knight, Mark, King of Cornwall and Vivienne).
#Series 5 won't have as many meaty guest roles as the earlier series did due to the bigger amount of cast regulars.
#The Knights will be developed further.
#Series 5 will be darker.
#Guinevere is Queen so we'll see her in a wildly different role to before. They'll return to her family.
#There are some new female characters.
#They are going on very interesting journeys with both Morgana and Gwen, those two characters go on paths that people won't expect
In January 2012 for S05, SHINE asked fans: "to hear your views about the programme. What makes you a fan? What appeals to you about the show? What was your favourite series, who are your favourite characters or moment from the show? How has Merlin inspired you or changed your life? : info@shine.tv with subject header 'Merlin Fan'."

One fan asked for: "An older, creepy teenaged Mordred (since Asa seems busy now)". Another suggested: "it might be best if Morgana remained evil." And, what waits is to see this on the screen next season.

Unfortunately, these things are very unlikely: 1) an episode where an actor named "Colin" wakes up in Merlin's World as "Merlin" while Merlin awakens in a strange world without magic as an actor called, "Colin" who stars in a show about Merlin; 2) a musical of Merlin or minstrels shows in Camelot; 3) and of course, the big moment when --- Gwaine shaves off his beard and cuts his hair (so he looks like Percival)!

Here's an abbreviated list of the things fans wanted --- and might be getting for S05, that were supposedly sent in--- and some of this seems to be hinted at or at least consistent with some of the spoilers thus far given by JM/JC while some still remain in doubt (the list has been edited for clarity and brevity):

1. a snowy episode of Merlin (change of scene from the usual cave or "belly of the whale" convention on this show)
2. a Gwen Quest based on a Heroine's Journey
3. a Morgana Quest based on a Heroine's Journey
4. Merlin Quests with or without Arthur and the KORT to develop their characters and obtain weapons like defensive spells
5. Merlin becoming even Darker gaining in power and mastery of magic being tempted to become but not becoming EVIL while obtaining defensive spells, having powers over the four elements, having mastery of prophecy, redemption, and resurrection, and becoming the great sorcerer
6. Aithusa, being a servant of the Triple Goddess and serving Morgana, allied with a Saxon force to help bring about Albion.
7. Merlin meeting others from legends or people based on them like Galahad, Beowulf, Boudicca, Da Vinci, Avicenna, etc.
8. Redemptive arcs for Uther, Lancelot, Morgana, and/or Gwen
9. Queen Annis calling in a favor from Arthur because invaders under the control of Morgana/Mordred threaten Caerleon
10. Bayard or Lot or another king invoking the treaties signed by Uther to force Arthur into defending their kingdom against invaders--- magical or non-magical.
11. The need for the kingdoms to unite under one leader against a common foe.
12. Merlin locked in battle with negative aspects of the Triple Goddess --- the Maid (Morgana), the Mother (Morgana's?), the Crone (Callieach or Dorchaid)--- prevailing and emerging as the great sorcercer
13. Arthur finding out early that Merlin had magic but Merlin isn't aware Arthur knows it!
14. Arthur having to gain Merlin's trust, learning Merlin's value to Camelot, and appreciating him for it
15. Merlin allying himself with the positive aspects of the Triple Goddess --- the Maid (Freya? or Mithian?), the Mother (Annis or Gwen), and the Wise Old Woman (Annis)
16. The appearance of a false knight who allies himself with Merlin and Arthur, replaces Merlin as Arthur's friend, but when the time is ripe the knight teams up with Morgana who will teach her more dark magic.
17. A new angle to the conflict between good and evil battling inside Morgana because the rightful heir line is at an end and makes her seem more and more one-dimensional.
18. Exploring what would have happened if Merlin did tell Morgana his secret of magic.
19. Having Morgana recoil from the pure evil of dark magic to turn her life around becoming the Healer of Legend.
20. To have Merlin transported back to the time of the Great Purge - when the dark wizards threatened Camelot that led to Uther's distrust of Magic.
21. An older creepier Mordred
22. Morgana remains evil, and in an effort to regain Camelot invites Saxon invaders.
23. An older Mordred.
24. An Emrys aged Morgana.
25. A mind-body switch episode, Merlin in Arthur's body, Gwen in Morgana's. (This might happen because there's supposedly a scene where Merlin and Arthur save someone from being burned at the stake.)
cool
24. An Emrys aged Morgana.

I want a full on Emrys vs. Morgan Le Fay battles, preferably the one Smirkgana saw in her dream about him
smile
A clearer way to say it would have been Morgana, appearing to have aged to the same age as Merlin did when he became Emrys. But, having Merlin or another magic wielder cast a spell on Morgana to prematurely age her would work for me, too!

And someone wanted that the:

"Finale has a full fledge magical battle between good and evil. I`d like to see something similar to the battle in The lion, the witch and the wardrobe movie."

But, we can't very well step into a time machine and send it in, again. Still, some of these things are consistent with the teasers, aren't they? Though, I'd like to. That way, people could send in even more items on their wish lists for next season and beyond.

Anyway, the unedited version of this list can be found here:

link

And other lists were from a write-in campaign by fanpoppians:

link

Nice ideas in both and the teasers seem to parallel some of them. It almost makes me believe sometimes that the MERLIN people do drop into boards like this for ideas... But, I guess we know better.

(For some reason, I can't put in a smiley face on this post)
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Raistlin said…
So there some things revealed in Comic con:

- Athony Head returns for an ep.
- Queen Annis and princess Mithian will be back.
- Merlin is tempted by dark magic.
- Gwen will show her dark side.
- At the start of the series, Merlin will see a vision of the future and he does everything he can to make it not happen.
- There will be snow and wolves ;)
- Morgana will be even more evil, but gets to interact more with other characters. She has been hold as a captive for two (?) years.
- Merlin and Mordred have telepathy between them.
- Aithusa is a girl :D
- Merlin to Arthur: "I will protect you with my life or die at your side." <333333

There's some of them :)

big smile
There will be a juicy storyline about Gwen and Morgana's relationship ;D
smile
Merlin's relationship with the knights will change (he'll even lead them for one episode) :D
smile
This makes it sound like there are talks for Merlin S06 AND S07 between BBC and the producers AND a trilogy of movies that are off shoots of the main show. The articles here:

link

Anyone else confirm this yet?

And, there's these someone found on another site:

link
link
link
link

It makes for good reading anyway...
Dialogue spoilers for 5.02 Arthur's Bane Pt 2

“I promise, your secret is safe with me”

“ I've never seen a ******** like you before. Who are you?”

“You must cure yourself”

“Got a bit of carrot in your hair…well at least I hope it’s carrot”

“I feared you were dead. It’s dangerous for those of us with magic”

“I want his annihilation *******. I want to put his head on a spike and watch as the crows feast on his eyes”

“Your bravery is only match by your stupidity”

“What happened to you Morgana? As a child you were so kind, so compassionate”

“You are wise Emrys; your wisdom will live long in the minds of men”

“The love that binds us is more important than the power we wield”

Episode 3 Trailer Teaser

“It has the ***** to ****** the ******* of the ****”
Dialogue teasers for 5.03

“It holds powerful magic, you must keep it safe”

“He’s always like this at the *********** of his **********”

“I’m getting a very bad feeling about this place”

“I want the table repaired before the next council meeting”

“These things take time, if they are to be done properly”

“So, if I don’t die you’ll take yours?

“I’ll, ummm, leave you to your ****** then my lord”

“It counts for nothing if you don’t believe in yourself”

“How can a serving girl understand what it means to be Queen”

“You have *****?”

Trailer Teaser:

“I have no one else to turn to but you *****”
CONFIRMED: Series 5 will be the last.

There was an announcement of it from the BBC at 12 midnight on November 25-26, 2012. Sad. I'd rather it be an announcement for a S06. But, that's not to be.

link

The BBC show Merlin will end after the current series.

The programme has been running for five years and pulls in almost seven million viewers in its Saturday evening slot.

The creators say the show, which features a young King Arthur and his wizard servant, will come to a "natural and dramatic end" with a two-part finale.

"I think the show has run its natural course," admits Northern Ireland-born Colin Morgan, who plays Merlin.

Bradley James says that he would like the fantasy series to go out on a high.

"We've arrived at its strongest point and we've achieved what we set out to do."

Newsbeat recently spoke to Bradley James who plays King Arthur about Merlin's future.

"It's always wise to go out on a high and I think we are at a stage where you take it series by series and think do we want to another one or do we want to do something else?"

'Spectacular finale'

The creators of Merlin say this series is where the storylines have reached their peak.

"We always felt the story of the legend was best told across five series, leading to a spectacular finale that draws on the best-known elements of this much-loved story and brings to a conclusion the battle for Camelot."

Richard Wilson plays Merlin's mentor in the show and admits while he is extremely sad the show is ending thinks it is good news for his character.
Continue reading the main story

I think the show has run its natural course. We've arrived at its strongest point and we've achieved what we set out to do

Colin Morgan Merlin

"Speaking as Gaius I feel I have mentored the young wizard as far as I can. He is much smarter and greater than me now and I am simply exhausted."

Over the years the programme has had a number of guest stars including Michelle Ryan, Emilia Fox and Mackenzie Crook.

The controller of BBC One says they have ambitious plans for new drama in Merlin's Saturday night slot for 2013.

The next episode of Merlin is on BBC One at 8pm on Saturday 1 December.
Confirmed
sad
Brilliant and Epic with a Lot of Death!

Merlin star says finale will provide 'brilliant ending'

Page last updated at 06:09 GMT, Friday, 21 December 2012

Alexander Vlahos, who plays Mordred in Merlin, says that the drama will have an "epic and huge" ending that will please viewers.

The drama is coming to an end with a two-part episode called Diamond of the Day.

The actor warned fans that the episodes contained a "lot of death" but hoped that it would not 'ruin' Christmas for its fans.

The final episodes of Merlin will be on BBC One on 22 and 24 December.

link