Fringe Fringe ~ 30 दिन Challenge

misanthrope86 posted on Aug 30, 2011 at 11:34AM
I challenge thee to answer these questions. Found this challenge link.

DAY 1 - Favorite character

DAY 2 - Least favorite character

DAY 3 - Favorite alt-universe character

DAY 4 - Top 5 Favorite Episodes

DAY 5 - Favorite ship

DAY 6 - Favorite guest star

DAY 7 - Favorite Walter quote

DAY 8 - Favorite Peter quote

DAY 9 - Favorite Olivia quote

DAY 10 - Best villain

DAY 11 - Top Olivia BAMF moment

DAY 12 - Favorite scene - season 1

DAY 13 - Favorite scene - season 2

DAY 14 - Favorite scene - season 3

DAY 15 - Choose: Olivia vs. Altlivia

DAY 16 - Choose: Astrid vs. AltAstrid

DAY 17 - Choose: John Scott vs. Frank Stanton

DAY 18 - Favorite cast picture

DAY 19 - Favorite Olivia moment

DAY 20 - Favorite Peter moment

DAY 21 - Favorite Walter moment

DAY 22 - Favorite Astrid moment

DAY 23 - Favorite Nina moment

DAY 24 - Favorite Broyles moment

DAY 25 - Favorite Alt-character moment

DAY 26 - Best Fight Scene

DAY 27 - Favorite freak-of-the-week

DAY 28 - Most missed character (dead or just absent)

DAY 29 - Altlivia - love, hate, or somewhere in the middle?

DAY 30 - Most frustrating cliffhanger

*Please note that since I am only halfway through season 3, I will be removing this forum from my updates to avoid spoilers. So on the off-chance anyone has any questions about this, just message me or write on my wall.*
last edited on Aug 30, 2011 at 11:35AM

Fringe 105 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 105

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Priscilita22 said…

The three main characters have at one point or another taken first place in this. Right now, and after the amazing third season, I have to say my favorite character is...

Olivia Dunham.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Kaelity said…

Walter Bishop is my favorite character, i think he is the most brilliant, broken and hilarious TV character ever written at the same time. Plus, his emotions are really contagious!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना EclecticFan78 said…

Walter Bishop
(He is such an interesting character and John Noble plays him brilliantly. The emotions he conveys without saying a word can just make you feel exactly what he is feeling just as Kaelity said above. Not to mention you never know what he is going to say and so often it's over the top and laugh out loud funny.)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Sunshine47 said…

Peter Bishop
 [b]DAY 1 - प्रिय character Peter Bishop[/b]
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना scrubby21 said…
smile
Day 1: Walter

he wasn't always my favourite (that spot was originally Olivia's, it's never been Peter's) but once he was, i've never looked back. you guys have already described the exact reasons why i love him too. i can't imagine someone other than John Noble being able to pull him off properly. without this character, the show would be way too serious. he's like a far superior version of Marshall from Alias.
DAY 2 - Least favorite character.

Alt Walter
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Day 2- Nina

she's just such a pointless character that i don't find her very interesting. her robotic arm is cool but you basically forget it's there after you find out about it. i know most people will probably pick Walternate but at least he has a purpose and obvious (and otherwise) motivations for doing the things he does. we really still have no idea if Nina is a good guy or a bad guy. it seems like the writers can't make their mind up what to do with her character. anyways, Brandonate is pretty annoying but Walternate needs henchmen so he at least has a purpose. in all honesty, i think Gene is a better written character. xD

John Scott

Really had to think long and hard on this one. But I had to go back to season one's John Scott. Granted he had a purpose to serve to the movement of the story. But I found the character truely boring, and he really didn't evoke much emotion out of me.
DAY 3 - Favorite alt-universe character.

Alt Charlie

Although to be honest the alt-characters kinda of annoy me, the exceptions being Alt-Broyles and Alt-Charlie.
DAY 3 - Favorite alt-universe character.

Lincoln Lee

I suppose since he is the first character we see in the alt-universe that we haven't seen in ours first. And also how he is developed over season 3 with his growing feelings for Fauxlivia and what not. The other characters, at least with me, I am constantly comparing them to the ones in our universe and they just really don't measure up in my book.

Brandonate. In my opinion he's the only useless character in the show plus, he's evil without any reason. At least i understand why Walternate acts the way he does but i just don't understand Brandonate, he's ready to do everything and doesn't care about anything.
Day 3- Lincoln

pretty much agree with everything EclecticFan said (btw, i just realized your name didn't say electric, i think i'm a bit dyslexic). it's hard to love the alt characters when we've had so much more time to come to love the originals. though, i do like Alt Charlie a lot more than the original and to a lesser extent Alt Broyles.
DAY 4 - Top 5 Favorite Episodes.

1. There's More Than One of Everything
2. White Tulip
3. Pilot
4. Lysergic Acid Diethylamide
5. Olivia. In the Lab. With the Revolver.
hmmm

1. Brown Betty
2. 6B
3. Peter
4. Pilot
5. The Last Sam Weiss

Hard to narrow down a list to only five but I suppose these would be a good sumation of my favorites.
Day 4- top 5 fav. eps

i really don't know because i love pretty much every episode

gun to my head, i guess i'd say the Pilot, Entrada, Jacksonville, White Tulip and The Day We Died.
DAY 5 - Favorite ship.

Perhaps I'm in the minority since I don't have a ship. I used to ship Peter and Olivia back in season 1, but I kinda love their friendship more than their relationship. So I guess they're my favorite friendship along with Walter and Astrid's friendship.
Day 5- actually sunshine, i feel exactly the same way as you. i originally really wanted them together but then when they finally did in season 3, i felt like all their interactions were forced, especially on Peter's end. the reason for this maybe is JJ himself because he said that he didn't buy their romance (at least at that time in the storyline) and if he doesn't believe they'd get together, maybe it comes through in his acting. so, i don't have a romantic ship either but i really like Walter and Astrid's friendship and Belly and Walter's friendship. oh and Walter and Gene's friendship. basically, anyone who interacts with Walter is my fav. friendship xD

Lincoln Lee. I love the alt!verse, especially Alt!Livia, Lincoln and Scarlie, they make a really funny team and Lincoln with only few episodes is already one of my favorite character in the show. I can't wait to see more of him!
@ scrubby21 I was starting to think I was the only one. And I agree on your observation that their interactions in season 3 feel forced.

DAY 6 - Favorite guest star.

Jared Harris as David Robert Jones

And an honorable mention to Diane Kruger as Miranda Green.

It's really hard to pick only 5 eps!
The Day We Died, Entrada, Peter, Subject 13, Over There.. But if you ask me the same question tomorrow it could be something else :')
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना celina said…

Peter Bishop
 दिन 1 - प्रिय character Peter Bishop
Day 6-Fav. Guest Star

i would say Alan Ruck just for nostalgia's sake but i really didn't like his appearance that much. so i have to go with Peter Weller because White Tulip was just such a well done episode and i really liked his character even though he was kinda a bad guy.

i have to give props to Sebastian Roche though as he was another baddie that i liked. oh and i can't forget Leonard Nimoy as it was awesome to see him in something again.

also, i'm dreading tomorrows because it's going to be insanely difficult to pick just one Walter quote.
DAY 7 - Favorite Walter quote.

This was a hard one because there's so many excellent Walter quotes, but upon thinking about it, I went with the quote that never fails to make me laugh:

"Hello Peter, this is me, your father, Walter Bishop."

Also an honorable mention to "Excellent, let's make some LSD."
DAY 5 - Favorite ship

I think that relationships are all awesome in this show, i basically love Walter/Everyone! But my favorite ship is definitely POlivia. They have a lot of beautiful quotes and moments, they've angst but not too much, they are cute and i also think that their relationship is really important for the show, it's destiny! I also adore Alt!Livia with Lincoln, i think they would make a cute couple.

John Scott
 दिन 2 - Least प्रिय character John Scott

Brandon from the alternate universe. Maybe it's because they haven't explored his motifs enough or something like that, but he really seems too cruel without a reason. And I somewhat like or at least understand all the other characters.
Day 7- Fav. Walter quote

hard to pick but i heard this one recently and it's pretty funny.

"Why would anyone kill a scientist? What did we ever do?"

"You may think you know what he's capable of, but you have no idea what I'm capable of."

Lincoln
He brings a bit of goofiness to the show, and I love the way he cares about Alt-Liv. It was the perfect character for the audience to be able to sympathize with the alternate universe.
Day 8- Fav. Peter Quote

i can't decide between these two.

"Real is just a matter of perception. I am here and I'm a part of you, that you have to hold on to.You can't forget who you are Olivia. You can't forget where you're from."

"I read that déjà vu is fates way of telling you are exactly where you're supposed to be. That's why you feel like you've been there before."
DAY 9 - Favorite Olivia quote

"Can you just cut the Yoda crap and tell me what's happening to me?"
DAY 6 - Favorite guest star

So many amazing guests in the show, it was really hard to only pick one!! I'd say David Call because i love the storyline about the cortexikids and i just adore him! I wish we could see Alt!Nick once because we already know that Lincoln knows him.
Honorable mention to Sebastian Roché, Orla Brady and Christopher Lloyd.

This was hard.

1)Over There, Part 2
2)Jacksonville
3)Entrada
4)Ability
5)6B
DAY 10 - Best villain

David Robert Jones
Day 9- fav. olivia quote

"All I want is someone who'll warm me when I'm cold, feed me when I'm hungry, and maybe take me dancing."

sounds good to me. though i suppose technically this is a Walter quote seeing as it was his story. oh well.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Shepard14 said…
Day 10 Best Villian

David Jones - He creeped me out!
DAY 11 - Top Olivia BAMF moment

Olivia kicking Fauxlivia's butt in the season 2 finale Over There: Part 2.

Granted she gets caught later, but Olivia still kicked butt in that scene.
 [b]DAY 11 - चोटी, शीर्ष Olivia BAMF moment[/b] Olivia kicking Fauxlivia's butt in the season 2 finale [i]Ove
Day 10- Best villain

Walternate. i've always thought that the best villains were ones you could identify with. totally evil characters with no redeeming qualities whatsoever are easy to write and also easy to hate, where's the challenge in that? because seriously, if i were put in those situations would i honestly act any differently?

Altivia
 दिन 3 - प्रिय alt-universe character Altivia

His quotes are always funny, beautiful or sad and i love them all so it was really hard to only choose one... I think this one kinda sum up his story: 'I couldn't lose him again. It was the first hole, Olivia. The first breach. The first crack in the pattern of cracks. Spaces between the worlds. And it's my fault. You can't imagine what it's like to lose a child.' but i need to mention this one too: 'She tricked my son with her carnal manipulation and he fell right into her vagenda!'
DAY 5 - Favorite ship

I have been bad and not keeping with the challenge, sorry. So I will start where I left off. My favorite "ship" would have to be the father/son relationship between Walter and Peter. It such a powerful dynamic and I love the few times Peter actually calls Walter Dad. The fact that Peter was able to overcome the harsh feelings he bore against Walter for taking him from the alternate universe and regain those nurturing, caring feelings even though "technically" he is not his true father just goes to show how strong a bond they have.
DAY 12 - Favorite scene - season 1

I love this scene between Walter and Peter in the episode In Which We Meet Mr. Jones.
 [b]DAY 12 - प्रिय scene - season 1[/b] I प्यार this scene between Walter and Peter in the episode
@Kaelity: Damn! i totally forgot that quote (2nd one). i change my choice. that one is my fav. walter quote. it never fails to make me laugh.

Day 11-Top Olivia BAMF moment

let's see, so many to choose from, pretty much every ep she's kicking ass and taking names. the face off against Fauxlivia was pretty awesome. the face off against that chick trying to complete the music notes was pretty good to. the fight against Fake Charlie was sweet but it was too short. i dunno, i guess my fav. is the one where she escapes from Liberty island. not only does she attack Brandonate but she takes out a soldier, escapes several armed guards, and then proceeds to jump off a freakin' huge cliff and swim all the way to the mainland. yeah, i'd say that scene was pretty awesome.

Real is just a matter of perception. I am here and I'm a part of you, that you have to hold on to. You can't forget who you are Olivia. You can't forget where you're from.
DAY 13 - Favorite scene - season 2

The last scene of the episode White Tulip.
 [b]DAY 13 - प्रिय scene - season 2[/b] The last scene of the episode [i]White Tulip.[/i]
DAY 6 - Favorite guest star.

Well I'm being a little bias here but I have to say Christopher Lloyd. I am a fan of his and seeing him on my favorite show was like a total geek out moment for me. Plus, I love how his back story ties in with Walter.
DAY 14 - Favorite scene - season 3

The last scene of the episode The Day We Died because WTF Peter doesn't exist!?
 [b]DAY 14 - प्रिय scene - season 3[/b] The last scene of the episode [i]The दिन We Died[/i] becau
DAY 5 - Favorite ship

Peter&Olivia.

Their relationship is so great, and in my opinion - a central part of the show. Peter and Olivia, just like Walter&Peter bring a necessary amount of humanity to the world they live in. In the middle of all the alternate universes, war, vortexes, craziness of the show, you have this beautiful, simple story of two people who are the better for having known each other. As I read somewhere, we saw in the season finale how the future wasn't looking too good, and yet this quiet romance still brought a small bit of hope to the world. In my opinion, it is the love that they have for each other (plus the love that Walter has for Peter) what drives the show forward.

I think Peter sums it up in his eulogy to Olivia (which is on the extended scenes in the DVD)
"Our one hope is that we can find some purpose, some meaning before that last day comes. Some happiness…and love. Olivia was all of that to me. There was no one like her."
 [b]DAY 5 - प्रिय ship[/b] [b][u]Peter&Olivia.[/b][/u] Their relationship is so great, and in my
DAY 15 - Choose: Olivia vs. Altlivia

Olivia
 [b]DAY 15 - Choose: Olivia vs. Altlivia Olivia[/b]

She tricked my son with her carnal manipulation and he fell right into her vagenda.

This one is so classic Walter!