फैन्पॉप IM problems? Post your details here

Fanpop posted on Sep 04, 2009 at 01:31AM
Hey Fanpoppers,

It sounds like some people have been having some problems IMing on Fanpop with their friends.

We need some specific details so that we can have our IM partners fix the issue.

Just posting "it doesn't work" unfortunately won't help at all.

We need really specific details, such as:

"1. When I have a message box open with another fan and I click on a link to a video page, the box stays open but the text inside disappears.

2. It only happens occasionally, and only with the user named X.

3. I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 on Windows Vista and have Flash 10.0.0.35; I never see this problem in Internet Explorer 8.0"

With your help, we'll be able to get to the bottom of this!
last edited on Sep 04, 2009 at 01:36AM

फैन्पॉप 9 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Fanpop said…
smile
FYI, this thread will be closed when we fix the problem. To reduce confusion, we'll start a new forum thread if there are new IM problems. Thanks for your help!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना germany123 said…
heart
can we also post suggestions for chat? cause really i have sort of stopped using it for reasons i will state. i didnt have very much technical difficulties but then again, like i said, i switched it off- i will switch it on again though to see.

1) it would make things easier if there was the possiblity to open the chat in a new window. the chats and the section with your contacts cover too much information one wants to use on the site.especially confusing if you have more than one chat open and you get the bugger all across the site (see image for my little test convo with claire- i can only see a third of my updates).

2)when typing a message and then refreshing the page the typed text is lost- so e.g. if i say: did you see the pick XYZ and then want to post the url i might want to go to the page to copy the url but then all i typed is lost.

3) another thing i noticed is that if i set my status to "busy" and then opened another window it would set it back to online. it would be better if it just stayed on the setting chosen until i change it back manually. also that you wont see if anyone is talking to you if you have the annoying sound turned off (msn and skype offer the visual alert) but im guessing these are things that are meebo specific and you cant influence those!!??

well thats all i have to say now- ill switch it on to see if i have more problems. btw i use firefox (latest version) and windows XP..for future reference :P
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
 can we also post suggestions for chat? cause really i have sort of stopped using it for reasons i wil
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Fanpop said…
Thanks for your feedback, Germany123. We'll check with them on the 3 suggestions you offered. I would say that the one thing you could try with not blocking your browsing of fanpop would be to open another window in your browser with Fanpop in it. Unfortunately, I think the IM bubbles would pop open again in your original window (the one you're trying to browse in) as soon as you got another message.

Perhaps one option we could investigate is having shorter IM bubbles, or an optional setting that makes them shorter.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना mayra7632000 said…
smile
well i can't sign on to my IM..when i click on it, it tells me that i'm signing on..but it just goes back to saying that i'm offline. i tried to refresh my page. nothing. and i also quit out of fanpop and opened it again..still didn't work..i've never really had a problem with it until now...hope you guys can fix it

oh an on what germany123 said about the chats covering some of the info..i think its fine the way it is..doesn't bother me..i just scroll down enough to see what's on my page..like if im writing a message..
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना deedeeflower said…
I can't sign in to the IM. When I click sign on, it tells me that I am signing on but it just keeps saying that I'm offline. Others can see me listed as online but when they send me IMs, nothing happens on my end.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना rusty746454 said…
i know this is going to be a rather short problem but

* i havent noticed that some people icons change while others dont. The person will tell me to look at there icon they just changed it but it wont change not even if i sign out and come back on. I just have to go to there profile to see it.

* when you click the 'view profile' to look at some else's profile, just sends me right back to my profile
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Soussanah said…
hmmm
1. My profile activity is dead. every time i click on it's always the same view. The same wall post and same updates frozen in the past time. It doesn't matter what changes I make in my profile box or update activity change every sec. it's always the same. If I want to check what's going on on the site I have to see that only if I go separately clicking on updates, wall, or clubs. Nothing through my Profile section. I even can't see my post reply through that section.
2. My inbox doesn't work properly. I can see that new msg. is waiting for me and i am able to open my inbox. But I don't see any new msg expect old ones. Btw I tried delete my old msg. No way. Doesn't work. I still have old msg cant see new ones and i don't know what to do.

Please help me out. Just to tell you. I did try few things. Restart my comp. and log off from my acc. Nothing work! Thank you.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ShadowFangrl said…
the entire thing isnt there. nothing to click!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना orkneymatrix said…
hmmm
I've just come back after months away and everything's different. There's no IM at all, apparently, and its not on my profile either.