Dr. Lisa Cuddy Cuddy's Age! (Continuity Error?)

PotterGal posted on Mar 10, 2009 at 10:31AM
Please tell me i'm not the only one who flailed when she said she was 38? BTW, wow, 38! ;)

Anyway, i actually had something of substance to post, lol.

So she became Dean when she was 32 (Humpty Dumpty)...so 6 years ago. So technically, TECHNICALLY, she had only been Dean for one year when the show started, meaning that House had only been at PPTH for a year when the show started as well (because Cuddy hired him when she became Dean AMIRITE?)

SO, during the whole Vogler fiasco way back when in S1 House said that he had survived three regime changes at the hospital BEFORE Vogler, which makes me believe that he must have been at PPTH for longer than a year at that point in time but he couldn't have if Cuddy was only 33 at that point BECAUSE (this is a long sentence, my bad) she hired him when she became Dean at 32, the year before.

I am assuming of course, that the hospital could not have gone through 3 regime changes in one year. Or am i wrong to make such an assumption?

Anyway, what i'm saying is, even though i am thrilled to FINALLY know Cuddy's age *flails* i would have definitely thought her to be at least 2 or 3 years older just for the continuity issues in the show.

Am i making ANY sense here?

STILL, CUDDY'S AGE. WOOT. *slaps self*

Dr. Lisa Cuddy 22 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना kellinator said…
YES lol! I totally flailed when we actually found out her age, but I am confused about the continuity too. Also, do we know how old House is?? I mean HL is almost 50, but Cuddy is definitely not 11 years younger than him. I always figured they were about 5 to 6 years apart in age since she was an undergrad while he was in grad school, so I guess that would make House about 43 or 44? IDK what to think lol, I am sort of confused but I am toally dead because we FINALLY KNOW HER AGE :).
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MoniBolis said…
They screw up the time line, again.
Vogler clearly said: "He (house) is been working in the hospital for 8 years"
But if you watch the pilot, House acts like is his first month, even asking a nurse where he can watch t.v.

You´re right, according to this new continuity, Cuddy was dean of medicine for just 1 year at the begging of the series, which makes me wonder:
When did she hired House?
Did she hired Wilson?
When did Stacy leave?
How much older is House?

Or maybe she was joking.

(But my Huddy fangirl, makes me believe, that the writters want to make Cuddy younger, so she can have House child)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना PotterGal said…
Oh yes, that's very true. I completely forgot that "8-year" thing that Vogler said but then that means they've REALLY messed up the timeline...hmmm..it's confusing.

(But my Huddy fangirl, makes me believe, that the writters want to make Cuddy younger, so she can have House child)

LOL, i actually saw that theory going around livejournal. Pretty interesting i have to say. XD
LOL I am still so confused! Unless she was joking, if she really is 38, then House must be 44 or 45 at the oldest. Do we know how old he is??

If they srsly are making her younger so she can be House's baby mamma then I AM DEAD, lol :)
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I thought in season 3 Wilson said House was 45. I'm pretty sure it was in the episode Top Secret. So that means as of right now he's 47. So there's a 9-year gap in between them based on the assumption that Cuddy wasn't joking about her age (and really, why would she?)
Ohh yea now I remember that conversation with Wilson. Some people speculate that she was joking, but it didn't sound like it, and yea there really would be no reason for her to joke about it. A 9 year difference is a larger gap than I thought they had between them but its not implausible. This show sucks with continuity though lol :)
Maybe this is a retcon, to their past, they want them to be a certain age so they collage years fit in some story in a very specific year, like 1989.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना oldmovie said…
Yeah I kind of wtf'd when I heard about her age, I too had forgotten the Vogler conversation.....oy I'm confused........

Not to mention the infarction happened 5 years before the show started, or at least Stacy left him 5 years before it started. THEY NEED TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS.

Also that means that all of Houe's cracks about her age, are not blows against how old she is......but how old she nearly is?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना pietruszka said…
38? No. Just no. That doesn't fit. I would say: 42-43. maybe more.

and House absolutely is the same age as HL.It was in "no reason", I think.
Also that means that all of Houe's cracks about her age, are not blows against how old she is......but how old she nearly is?

What cracks om? I'm having a brain-block here.

Are you talking about the ones like in "Don't Ever Change" when he referred to her as a "hospital bureaucrat nearing 40?"
And in "Let them eat cake" he said something about her child bearing age.
The worst part is that they never gonna fix the continuity
LOL its true MoniBolis they're just going to let it spin precariously out of control.

Yeah PG they're not really cracks, but he isn't....what's the word..........he seems to particularily enjoy pointing out how old she is....but.....she's not that old....
The only thing i can think of, that supports the idea;is in "Top Secret", the marine said he is 37,if we assume, that most women date man older than themselves. She is indeed 38.

Or maybe she was joking.
I kind of hope she was joking, I always just assume that she's a platonic 42. Fits her better in my opinion.
I know a lot of people think she may have been joking but i didn't get that vibe at all. I thought she was being completely serious. Hmmmmm...OH THE DRAMA.
big smile
LOL its funny how much we're spazzing about a fictional character's age.
LOL yea we are officially pathetic(not really but I can't think of the right word atm lol), but I have learned to accept that :)

I didn't get the feeling that she was joking, but I do kind of wish she was. I always pegged her for about 42, and that would make the age gap between her and House more plausible.
I think the word you were looking for is actually "awesome" k. ;)
LMAO yes, "awesome" is a MUCH better word. And we are not "obsessed," we are passionate :)
smile
Let´s do a timeline! an Awesome timeline
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना yunioshi said…
i had this idea, but wanted to makes sure no one had done it yet and then i found this forum and was like perfect! even though it's a little dead.

assuming she wasn't kidding about her age in the social contract here's a timeline.

age-[year]-event
(-)-[1971]-born
18-[1989]-graduates high school/ begins college (average age for a U.S.)
25-[1996]-graduated med School (2.03)
29-[2000]-House's infarction (if we believe that House got his infarction 5 years before Three Stories (which aired in 2005)
32-[2003]-became Dean of Medicine (2.03)
38-[2009]-present day (5.17)

if anyone has any other dates or important things to put on here that would be cool, just thought I'd share this.
hmmm
Okay, maybe a timeline is only gonna get us even more confused