बेलाट्रिक्स लेसट्रेंज What about Rodolphus?

bellafreak posted on Aug 02, 2008 at 08:03AM
Do you think that she loved him at least a little after all? May be before she met Voldemort she held some feelings to her husband... I know that Rowling said that she married him because she was supposed to marry a pureblood,but come on,we all know Bella. She is quite strong and I seriously doubt that anyone (except Voldemort) could make her do something she doesn't want to... If Andromeda had the courage to leave her family and escape Bellatrix could do the same if she disliked Rodolphus...

बेलाट्रिक्स लेसट्रेंज 14 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Rainbeau said…
No I don't think she loved him, not even a little. Rodolphus was a death-eater after all, maybe she "used" him more to be close to Riddle. Besides, I think she loved her family, at least the ones who were loyal to the pureblood-thingy, you notice that because she comes along with Cissy to Spinner's end, however she doesn't aprove at all, and risks the Dark Lord to find out. That Snape was in on the game, she didn't know. I could've been that she stayed with Rodolphus for love for her family.
The purebloods are also slightly Victorian, so I guess her parents gave her away in marriage and maybe running away didn't even cross her mind, cause it was just "how things were". For some reason I think Bella would not have wanted to scandalise her family by divorcing him.
And you shouldn't forget the purebloodmania (for one reason or the other) was important to Bella as well. She did a lot to please Riddle, maybe she thought she made a better impression having a nice clean purebloodwedding.
And of course, Bella's not stupid, however she does much to please Riddle, I don't think for one frikkin' second she really believed to ever become his lover. She just wanted to be as close as possible, longing for his love, hoping she's mistaken and he will love her back... Someday.... If only....
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना bellafreak said…
It's a possible explanation. She probably used Rodolphus but still i can't believe that she could really stay cold after all those years with him. I mean, they were together for all 14 years in Azkaban, sharing their suffer and pain... It'd be very weird if she didn't feel a thing about him...
Thought she's weird, our Bella... :)
Yeah, I think I understand what you mean. Azkaban however is about reliving your own worst memories, I think it's more a private pain. Most people don't share everything, no matter how close they are to someone. Bella wasn't really close to Rodolphus I guess, and I think Bella (however she's very impulsive which makes her a bad liar) doesn't really "open up" to people. You only know WHEN she's pissed and how pissed, not always excaclty WHY. Much about her is still a mystery.
Besides, I think Bella's pain about Riddle's disappearance was waaaay worse than Rodolphus's. She loved him, and to Rodolphus he was only "his master". I mean she really lost track of things when He (Riddle) was gone, I think that was the first time she's gone all "crazy". Ask the Longbottoms ;) That's already one thing you don't share with your husband ;) However I think he knew.
And if Bella did care for Rodolphus I guess whe'd know. In the books it becomes clear she cares for her sister and for Riddle a lot. Rodolphus however leaves her blank most of the time. I'm not saying she didn't feel anything at all for him. However it certainly wouldn't be (real) love. Maybe as a friend (but I doubt it), or just someone who shares a certain goal in life. All Bella's passion and emotions are about Riddle, never about Rodolphus.
And to be honest I don't think he (Rodolphus) loved her. To me, he seems a weak man without much backbone. Certainly not the type Bella'd be attracted to.
Yeah,that's true, I never noticed Rodolphus pay any attention to her. He probably didn't care about her a lot... Anyway there's no question that Voldemort is Bellatrix's real love no matter how sad this is. She's attracted to his power and magical talents, the ideas simillar to her own... Her devotion was so obvious. There's no way Rodolphus could miss that. He, just like all other Death Eaters and the bigger part of the good side knew that Bella loved Tom. Voldemort probably knew about that "secret" passion too and used it quite well. He made her feel special (calling her by her pet-name, sharing his most secret plans,giving her the cup where he held a part of his soul) giving her at least the slightest hope that he could ever love her. The only question that i can't get out of my head is how the hell such an impressive, VERY INTELLIGENT witch could fall for something so stupid. Was she naive or what? Did she feel like some kind of secret lover?
Agree, there's no doubt Riddle knew Bella's "secret" love for him, and no doubt he made clever use of this. Manipulative as always ;)

Well falling in love doesn't happen on purpose, it can just happen, but why she never stopped following her one true love, I don't know. Bella seems to look down on things like house-elves, but to be honest, she acts like one herself if it's about Riddle ;) Why does she take all his shit? Why does she let him treat her like garbage so often?

I think that if one really wants to understand this part, you should know more about her personal, but also her past and stuff. J.K. doesn't tell much about Bella, so everything we can do is guess and assume ;)

Why would someone put so much at risk for one love? The most obvious answer would be "because that someone doesn't have much to lose" or "that someone doesn't have a proper look at what real love means". To be honest, if I think about her, maybe it's both. Bellatrix doesn't have much she cares for besides Riddle. She doesn't have a loving husband or children (or someone) and she doesn't have another big passion. (Like Lucius enjoys being rich) Bella doesn't have such a thing. And that she doesn't understand love is obvious, she thinks it is something she should earn. Like no one would love her for being who she is. Of course Riddle plays part in this by giving her the tiniest bit possible when she does something to please him. (and being totally vindictive when she fails to do so) And that she's pleased with so little, tells me she's not really used to be appreciated (and loved). Anyway I think she had emotional problems (for what reason ever) before she met Riddle and that he once again made use of her.

I don't think she's naive or something, but just messed up. And being messed up doesn't really help being honest about yourself and others.

I can explain this more detailed ;) But I only assume this part and like to know your point of view on this one :)

*edit; I forgot some words the first time...
oh,yes she really isn't used to being appreciated... Her family was very cold. All they believed in was loyalty to the pureblood race and i bet they never told her that they love her or something else kind. I guess that all she used to hear was: "Be a good polite lady. Marry a pureblood. Don't disappoint us or you'll be burned off the family tree..." After she married things probably didn't change a lot, her husband (choosen by her parents of course)didn't love her. I am pretty sure that the only one who ever valued her for anything was Riddle. He showed her a world where everything was possible (but only if he agrees with it)and she fell completly to the one who
1. gave her some small kind of freedom (above the low)
2. made her feel special, proud of herself...
Her mind (messed because of the insanity)was easily manipulated. Voldemort took a vanage of this...
She really didn't know what love is. When she made a mistake she thought that she deserves her punishment. Nobody ever showed her what real love should be. I guess that even her parents weren't a good example. They probably didn't want each other too... an other arranged marriage...
I totally agree ^^

And I think the reason Andy dared to "run away" while Bella didn't had to do with the fact that Andy was sure about Ted Tonks's love for her. Bella could run away, but to what purpose? There was no one out there either.
I don't think she was afraid to stand up to someone, she's very brave. Think about her trial, where she stood up for Riddle. However the prospect of a bin in a Dementor-dungholl isn't the best one can wish for, she still had the nerve to claim her allegiance towards Riddle. And face the dementors of course.
So if circumstances where different and she had a lover like Andy had Ted, I don't think she was too afraid to run away, she's more afraid of not being loved by the people she cares for. Maybe makes her feel like there's something wrong with her.
The jugde, and everyone who was there when during her trial (and probably the whole f*cking world) where blank to her, so in her eyes I guess it didn't matter if they would spit on her...
Do you think that if Riddle still had a soul he'd make it loving her? I really don't know. He was very very evil but truthfully after all he's been trought, that's not such a surprise... I guess that he might have tried her or something at least because of her pure blood. He wouldn't really love her but still... On the other hand i doubt that if Riddle wasn't LORD VOLDEMORT, Bellatrix would love him... She loves him for what he is - evil and powerfull...
I thought about that because of one video in youtube. It was about how Bella and Voldemort could live one normal life together if there was no war...
Riddle would've invented a whole new war if there wasn't one ;)

I don't think Bella was attractive to Riddle because of his evilness. I assume it was more because of what you said before. Because he was a strong powerfull man who made her feel special. Maybe if he was on the good side, and he made her feel "good" about herself more than other people (and maybe her parents) did, than maybe she'd run away just like Andy...?

I guess we'll never know, but I don't think Bella was born evil. On the countrary, I believe she'd be a loving person if things were different

But cicumstances being what they are now, I don't think Riddle loves her. It's like what Dumbledore says "he doesn't love, he doesn't have friends" . (however manipulative as he is he gives people the feeling they are close to him) "but they only fool themselves"

Another reason why Riddle wouldn't love Bella (sad enough) is because he despises love and people who (and don't get me wrong please) "are to weak to seek power" Bella doesn't seek something for herself, only for him, and Riddle being who he is, doesn't approve of such a thing. Riddle might have hated Dumbledore because of the different ideas, but he respected him at the same time. At least because Dumbledore was very powerful as well. Bella (however she likes to believe it) is not. She puts her everything in someone else's hands, she'll always depend on Riddle who values independence.

Riddle coudln't love. He hated and maybe feared people who stood up to him and detested people who did as he said, because they were "weak". Bella never had a real chance with him.

And Bella, delighted by the little bit of "love" she could get tried to get more and more. Riddle was smart enough to feed her hunger with the littlest he could miss and placed himself out of reach at the same time. Which is excactly the way to feed someone's obsession or make love an obsession
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना hannahbellatrix said…
I think Bella loved her husband. I don't know. If she loved him so much, she should have had kids with Rodolphus. Right?? BELLA RULES!!!!
I think she didn't love him to be honest...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Lolabella said…
I always thought their marriage was based on lust...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना BellatrixCissy said…
she loved voldemort she hated rodolphus and she only married him because he was pureblood duh
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना helena-gal said…
i agree with bellatrixcissy