Bangel vs Spuffy Vampire souls...

mandapanda posted on May 26, 2008 at 03:39AM
okay, so, i think the difference between Angel's soul and Spike's was:

ANGEL'S SOUL:
-Angel never said he didn't want his soul
-A vampire with a soul had never been anything before, that is why Angel brooded and moped for so long. He was lost and didn't know what his purpose was.
-He was set on the right path, helping Buffy. He waited until she was called to be a slayer, then helped her throughout. She helped him with his problems too.
-His soul was caring, and, he felt that everyone should have a shot at redemption.

SPIKE'S SOUL:
-Everyone says Spike chose to get his soul, which he did, but he saw what a soul was like. He saw a preview of what having a soul would have been like from Angel's.
-When he chose to get his soul, he tried to tear it out, cut it out, tried to do anything to get it out of him. So, at first, he didn't want the soul in him.
-Spike's soul wasn't like Angel's, they were different. I think Spike's soul was more of a filter of the wrongs he did without his soul. It gave him a conscience. But Angel's soul was weighted with grief.

IN SEASON 5 OF ANGEL:
Angel says something about Spike having a soul, then two weeks later, he's up and about. But he says when he had a soul, he spent years trying to atone for his sins as a vampire.

I think that this had a significant meaning. Spike dealt with his soul differently than Angel's. So, I don't think anyone could compare how they handled their soul by bashing each other. Because they're souls are different.

Bangel vs Spuffy 5 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना NikaDawson said…
This essay explains that situation better than I ever could.

link
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना mandapanda said…
thank you for the link.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Jillywinkles said…
I like what you say a lot. It makes perfect sense, their situations being so different, of course they wouldn't react to their souls the same way.

I like the essay also, and though I don't agree with everything it says, it has a explanation summary of their personalities and how they differ.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना vider69 said…
But Spike didn't ask for his soul back, he wanted the chip removed and asked to be made 'as he was before' which was mistaken and he was given back his soul, that's why he couldn't deal with it, that's how the storyline came across to me.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ILove_Angel8 said…
In the exxtra features Joss tells that Spike WAS trying to get his soul back