Bangel vs Spuffy Slayer/Vampire relationship

mandapanda posted on Apr 28, 2008 at 01:15AM
The Bangel relationship, as we know, was the first slayer/vampire relationship. And the Spuffy relationship was the next...

Do you think, since Bangel was the first slayer/vampire relationship, that Spuffy's relationship was meant to be a little bit more than Bangel's? In a sex and sexier sort of way?

Bangel vs Spuffy 5 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना mandapanda said…
think it did. snce Joss had already put Buffy with a vampire, i think he wanted to cover some new ground and have a sexually active relationship with the slayer. I mean, Bangel's wasn't sexually, but they did understand each other. I mean, Buffy didn't ask Angel what he did. He told her if she wanted to know. On the other hand, I think Buffy and Spike understood each other because they knew each other as enemies, then "lovers"
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना nosemuffin said…
Yes, I do. I mean, if Joss hadn't gotten bored with the Bangel relationship, Angel never would have had his own show. They had to spice things up a bit.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना NikaDawson said…
Actually Joss admitted pretty much that if Angel hadn't gotten his own show, he would have stayed in hell.

I agree with nosemuffin. In fact, Joss did once say that he had no more ideas for Bangel after season three.
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना mandapanda said…
i think that Bangel had reached the peak of its relationship, but it grew throughout the years buffy and Angel had been apart. They stayed in touch and etc. Joss idnt get bored with Bangel though. he really liked it but i think he wanted to introduce a different relationship to the audience and to the fans... at first he said no more vampires when SMG suggested Spike as Buffy's new love interest, but then I guess he gave in since there was no other guy to be her love interest.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ArabellaElfie said…
I think they had used up the Bangel relationship as the main relationship. It did make the little moments (I am a sucker for the hang up in season 4) sweeter. Angel would have stayed in Hell if the spin off didn't go through and I honestly thinik that would have been the right choice.

I don't know if I think Joss went deeper sexual vamp relationship to do it, I think it was something that her character called for. Buffy was going darker and after Riley she needed to find somebody who understood her and loved all of her, not just the Buffy part, the Slayer part too. It's also so much more interesting to have a relationship develop between characters who are already there than throwing in a new on who would always be branded as "the boyfriend". The only other real choice would have been Xander and they couldn't do that with Anya and keep us happy with Buffy. Anya wasn't a passing fling that could be written off, also that would have thrown the dynamic out of wack.