рд╕рдВрдпреБрдХреНрдд рд░рд╛рдЬреНрдп рдЕрдореЗрд░рд┐рдХрд╛ ЁЯжЕЁЯЧ╜USA 20 рджрд┐рди ChallengeЁЯЧ╜ЁЯжЕ

jlhfan624 posted on Jul 02, 2017 at 06:02PM
Well heck, this here's a 20 Day Challenge for the gosh-danged greatest country in the world. The best part? You don't even have to live here to participate!

01. Favorite state
02. Favorite city
03. Favorite President
04. Favorite landmark
05. Favorite natural phenomenon
06. A place you want to visit
07. Favorite sport
08. Favorite cuisine
09. Best state flag
10. FREE DAY! (pick your own topic)
11. Most interesting part of US history
12. Favorite historical figure (not President)
13. Favorite part of the US (ex. culture, cuisine, people)
14. Favorite store/chain(s)
15. Top 5 American born famous people
16. Top 5 American-made movies
17. Top 5 American-made TV shows
18. Top 5 American-made products (food, electronics, etc)
19. Favorite patriotic song
20. Why do you love the US?
 Well heck, this here's a 20 рджрд┐рди Challenge for the gosh-danged greatest country in the world. The best

рд╕рдВрдпреБрдХреНрдд рд░рд╛рдЬреНрдп рдЕрдореЗрд░рд┐рдХрд╛ 54 рдЙрддреНрддрд░реЛрдВ

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 54

рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛ jlhfan624 said…
heart
01. Favorite state
I will consider it a personal failure if I do not get to retire in Vermont, aka the home of my dreams for decades. I have never even been here, but I know that how I feel about this beautiful place is real.
last edited рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
 [b]01. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп state [/b] I will consider it a personal failure if I do not get to retire in Vermon
DarkSarcasm commented…
I'm sure your Republican рдирд┐рддрдВрдм, рдЧрдзрд╛ will fit riiiiight in. XD рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
jlhfan624 commented…
I would surely stick out like a sore thumb... рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
heart
02. Favorite city
Atlanta, GA for sure even though it is far from my idea of a perfect city. It's hot and muggy, and crime is a big problem there. But the areas I have been in are not like that. It's got a beautiful skyline (this Christmas tree like building on the right my all-time favorite), some very fun tourist attractions (Coca Cola museum), and the general ambiance cannot be beat.
 [b]02. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп city [/b] Atlanta, GA for sure even though it is far from my idea of a perfect city.
03. Favorite President
I like quite a few for different reasons. Some politics, some personally, and others I'm just extremely fascinated by (Nixon). Lincoln, Bush Jr. and Reagan are my three favorites for multiple reasons. I like all three both politically and personally.
 [b]03. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп President[/b] I like quite a few for different reasons. Some politics, some personal
DarkSarcasm commented…
um excuse рдЖрдк I believe рдЖрдк have forgotten 44 рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
jlhfan624 commented…
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
DarkSarcasm commented…
link рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
heart
04. Favorite landmark 04. Favorite landmark
It's my dream to one day visit the White House. I'd be as ~starstruck~ as I am when I meet celebs I love. The amount of history that is there is astounding and my little American heart can barely take it.
 [b]04. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп landmark 04. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп landmark[/b] It's my dream to one рджрд┐рди visit the White House. I
surprise
Multnomah Falls is beautiful. I love the layered waterfall surrounded by trees.
 [b]05. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп natural phenomenon[/b] Multnomah Falls is beautiful. I рдкреНрдпрд╛рд░ the layered waterfall su
DarkSarcasm commented…
Ooooh that's pretty. рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
I'd love to go to Alaska sometime (when it's in their "night" season) and especially see the Aurora Borealis!
 [b]06. A place рдЖрдк want to visit [/b] I'd рдкреНрдпрд╛рд░ to go to Alaska sometime (when it's in their "night"
07. Favorite sport
Is WWE a sport? Probably not technically but I LOVE it. Not sure what I was doing with my life before I found WWE.
08. Favorite cuisine
There's something to be said for good old fashioned ~American fare~ of burger, fries and milkshake. With a side of ranch of course!
 [b]08. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп cuisine [/b] There's something to be рдХрд╣рд╛ for good old fashioned ~American fare~ of
09. Best state flag
I think Wyoming has a pretty cool flag. Though TBH, most are very underwhelming.
 [b]09. Best state flag [/b] I think Wyoming has a pretty cool flag. Though TBH, most are very under
рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛ SherlockStark said…
Ooh, I love this game! :)

01. Favorite state

Gonna stay loyal to my home state, Alaska.
 Ooh, I рдкреНрдпрд╛рд░ this game! :) 01. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп state Gonna stay loyal to my рдШрд░ state, Alaska.
hmmm
02. Favorite city

To be honest, cities make me feel claustrophobic, so I don't spend much time in them when not required to.
DarkSarcasm commented…
Same. рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
03. Favorite President

Not the current one, that's for damn sure!! I'm not sure I could pick a favorite out of the others, I'd have to read up on some history first.
smile
10. FREE DAY! Do you have a flag outside your home?
Difficult for me to come up with something else considering I made up all the questions on my own. But I will answer this one. I don't have a large flag because I don't have the space for it but if I had a house, I would. I do have small garden-size American flags I put in my plants outside though.
04. Favorite landmark

I always thought the Space Needle in Seattle looked really cool.
 04. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп landmark I always thought the рдЕрдВрддрд░рд┐рдХреНрд╖ Needle in Seattle looked really cool.
I have many books on the Watergate scandal and Nixon himself. It may not be the most "important" part of our history, but it fascinates me the most.
 [b]11. Most interesting part of US history [/b] I have many рдкреБрд╕реНрддрдХреЗрдВ on the Watergate рд╕реНрдХреИрдВрдбрд▓ and Nixon

I love mountains. This one is Denali; it's even more gorgeous in person <3
 05. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп natural phenomenon I рдкреНрдпрд╛рд░ mountains. This one is Denali; it's even рдФрд░ gorgeous in

I want to visit my friends in Texas and I want to see where my mom's family lives in Kentucky.
07. Favorite sport

Hockey
 07. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп sport Hockey
big smile
Thomas Edison is probably the most important or one of THE most important Americans of all-time. I'm sure somebody else would have eventually come up with the light bulb, and they'd be my favorite too. Plus he was incredibly brilliant and that always makes us proud!
 [b]12. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп historical figure (not President) [/b] Thomas Edison is probably the most important
рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛ DarkSarcasm said…
01. Favorite state
I used to hate it, but in my old age, I've decided that Virginia's not that bad. (Present bullshit excluded.) I wouldn't mind living in the Carolinas, either.
 [b]01. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп state [/b] I used to hate it, but in my old age, I've decided that Virginia's not th
heart
13. Favorite part of the US
Aside from my ~freedom~ duh, it would have to be our variety specifically regarding products and pop culture. If you talk to people who live in other countries, they're astounded by our vast amount of choices. We get 50 different kinds of cereal while many others get only 3. It's something that we definitely take for granted IMO. As for our pop culture, we definitely have the biggest and best variety there as well. Books, dvd's, movies and TV shows are all released weekly. We're very spoiled. Now if Hollywood could just start churning out Saw movies like they do superhero movies, I'd be golden.
 [b]13. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп part of the US [/b] Aside from my ~freedom~ duh, it would have to be our variety spe
02. Favorite city
Like SS, I avoid cities whenever possible. But Gettysburg was pretty interesting. I've been twice, but would like to go back at some point and explore more before the whole town is deemed offensive and wiped off the map ok time to shut up now bye.
 [b]02. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп city [/b] Like SS, I avoid cities whenever possible. But Gettysburg was pretty inte
cool
08. Favorite cuisine

Vegan/Vegetarian food is gooooood!
 08. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп cuisine Vegan/Vegetarian рдЦрд╛рдирд╛ is gooooood!
09. Best state flag

Out of the current state flags, I like Alaska's the best. But my favorite out of all of them is Maine's old one from 1901.
 09. Best state flag Out of the current state flags, I like Alaska's the best. But my рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп out
03. Favorite President
Calvin Coolidge believed in hard work, fiscal responsibility, limited government, and minding your own damn business. He was a very cool dude who loved animals and not talking.

Favorite quote: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong."

Favorite Coolidge story: A woman seated next to him at a dinner once said, "I made a bet today that I could get more than two words out of you." He replied, "You lose."
 [b]03. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп President [/b] Calvin Coolidge believed in hard work, fiscal responsibility, limited
Amazon is wonderful. I've debated just having my paychecks sent directly to them since that's where they always end up anyway.
 [b]14. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп store/chain(s) [/b] рд╡реАрд░рд╛рдВрдЧрдирд╛, рдЕрдореЗрдЬрд╝рди is wonderful. I've debated just having my paychecks sent
Not particularly in order - JLH, Ben Foster, Godney, Marilyn Monroe, Tiffany Hwang
 [b]15. рдЪреЛрдЯреА, рд╢реАрд░реНрд╖ 5 American born famous people [/b] Not particularly in order - JLH, Ben Foster, Godney, M
tongue
10. FREE DAY!

Exercising my American freedom and not choosing a topic.
 10. FREE DAY! Exercising my American freedom and not choosing a topic.
DarkSarcasm commented…
Well played, SS. рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
04. Favorite landmark
The Statue of Liberty, I guess. *shrug*
 [b]04. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп landmark [/b] The Statue of Liberty, I guess. *shrug*
The American West. Snowy mountains, sandy deserts, canyons, rivers, trees, wildlife. It's amazing that any of it still exists. Damn humans.
 [b]05. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп natural phenomenon [/b] The American West. Snowy mountains, sandy deserts, canyons,
heart
How I was able to choose only 5 is beyond me.
 [b]16. рдЪреЛрдЯреА, рд╢реАрд░реНрд╖ 5 American-made рдлрд┐рд▓реНрдореЗрдВ [/b] How I was able to choose only 5 is beyond me.
heart
24 x5 The most American American show that ever existed and also legitimately my favorite thing in the world.
 [b]17. рдЪреЛрдЯреА, рд╢реАрд░реНрд╖ 5 American-made TV shows [/b] 24 x5 The most [i]American[/i] American рджрд┐рдЦрд╛рдирд╛ that ever exis
But I don't want to go anywhereee. *whine*
18. Top 5 American-made products
The first one is books. Maybe not all books are made in the US, but all the ones I read are.
 [b]18. рдЪреЛрдЯреА, рд╢реАрд░реНрд╖ 5 American-made products[/b] The first one is books. Maybe not all рдкреБрд╕реНрддрдХреЗрдВ are made in the
07. Favorite sport
Hockey
 [b]07. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп sport [/b] Hockey
08. Favorite cuisine
Burgers and fries are the obvious answer. (Get that damn tomato off my burger, though.) But sometimes you gotta go full south with the fried chicken and the greens the real macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes and the biscuits and whatnot. And apple pie. 'Cause America, y'all.
 [b]08. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп cuisine [/b] Burgers and fries are the obvious answer. (Get that damn рдЯрдорд╛рдЯрд░ off my
jlhfan624 commented…
This post needs a "ya'll". рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
DarkSarcasm commented…
Oh my god you're right. Guess there's a first time for everything... ;D рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
You may think I'm joking, but I'm not. *salutes*
I also genuinely love Lee Greenwood's link

Oh my goodness, I'm not sure! I've been avoiding answering because I'm not sure. Lots of interesting moments...
09. Best state flag
Oklahoma
 [b]09. Best state flag [/b] Oklahoma
Sure, America has problems. Find me a country that doesn't. We also have a hell of a lot of amazing things that others don't. I think many Americans take living here for granted and don't realize how blessed they are to have even been born here. Pop culture is generally awesome. *cough24cough* You get WAY more for your money here than any other country. Bigger IS better. There is so much variety with everything here whether its music, restaurants, cars, homes, jeans, whatever. The fact that you're able to choose is a blessing itself. We have iconic monuments and beautiful natural landscapes that can barely be rivaled. There's also something to be said for the mass amounts of people who try to come here, illegally or not.

I wouldn't be at home living anywhere else.
 [b]20. Why do рдЖрдк рдкреНрдпрд╛рд░ the US?[/b] Sure, America has problems. Find me a country that doesn't. We al
10. FREE DAY! (pick your own topic)
Top 5 American Books
The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie - A collection of short stories mostly set on the Spokane Indian Reservation. Personal favorites are "Every Little Hurricane" and "The Approximate Size of My Favorite Tumor".
My Friend Flicka series by Mary O'Hara - The story of a boy's love for a horse and a mother's love for her family on a struggling Wyoming ranch in the 1930s.
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe - I think y'all know how this one goes by now.
Prince of Thieves/The Town by Chuck Hogan - It's a wicked cool story about loyalty and robbin' banks in Bahston. Made a pretty fahkin' good movie, too.
The Pioneer Woman's cook books - Yeah, like I'm gonna leave Ree out of an American book list. She's a sweet, wonderful human who shares delicious recipes, funny stories, and beautiful pictures of her family's ranch, and I love her. And her pizza dough recipe.
 [b]10. FREE DAY! (pick your own topic) [/b] рдЪреЛрдЯреА, рд╢реАрд░реНрд╖ 5 American рдкреБрд╕реНрддрдХреЗрдВ [u]The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fist
I'm kinda fascinated with the death of JFK. The obvious reason is the conspiracy theories, but ain't nobody got time to get into that today. The part that gets me is the response. The President was assassinated, and nation was just shattered. It hit everyone, hard, and they mourned together. If that happened today, or five years ago, or ten years ago, half the country would be celebrating. Aside from maybe 9/11, I think the death of Kennedy was the last time the country was truly unified. And that sucks.

Anddd on a lighter note, the music and the fashion in the 70s rocked.
 [b]11. Most interesting part of US history [/b] I'm kinda fascinated with the death of JFK. The obv
Robert E. Lee. An honorable man with a great love for his home and the best general this country has ever seen.
 [b]12. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп historical figure (not President) [/b] Robert E. Lee. An honorable man with a great
13. Favorite part of the US (ex. culture, cuisine, people)
It's a big, free country. We've go where we want, we eat what we want, practice whatever religion we want, read and watch what we want, say what we want... for now, anyway.
The only store I ever physically shop in is Wal-Mart, so... eBay? Yeah, Imma go with eBay.
I'm getting worse and worse at this keeping up with this thing, so Imma just finish it now.
I've decided this is far too broad a category for me to decide, so I've gone with my top 5 American athletes.
Angela Ruggiero, Jocelyne & Monique Lamoureux, Julie Chu, Hilary Knight
 I'm getting worse and worse at this keeping up with this thing, so Imma just finish it now. [b]15. T
These are movies with a noticable American-ness, not just movies I like that happen to be made/set in America.
Red Dawn (We're Americans, dammit. We fight back. We fight back like mofos.)
The Patriot (American Revolution. Duh.)
Forrest Gump (A great American life.)
Tall Tale (Teenager goes on a wild ride with American folk legends Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan & John Henry, and finds the courage to stand up to the bad guys in real-life.)
American History X (Neo-nazi changes his tune after some jail time. Plus, it has "America" in the title.)
 [b]16. рдЪреЛрдЯреА, рд╢реАрд░реНрд╖ 5 American-made рдлрд┐рд▓реНрдореЗрдВ [/b] These are рдлрд┐рд▓реНрдореЗрдВ with a noticable American-ness, not just mov
SherlockStark commented…
I watched the crap out of my Tall Tale VHS - such a good movie. :) рдПрдХ рд╕рд╛рд▓  рд╕реЗ рдЕрдзрд┐рдХ рдкреБрд░рд╛рдирд╛
Again, shows that have an American feel to them, not just random whatever that happens to be set here.
American Dreams (1960s Philadelphia, heavy focus on music, family values, and civil rights.)
Jericho (The government falls and the people take care of themselves. Until the government steps back in and starts fucking things up again.)
Friday Night Lights ("Here's to God, football, and good friends livin' large in Texas.")
Sons of Anarchy (Outlaw bikers, cops, gangs, murder, good old fashioned family drama.)
Roseanne (A regular American family struggling with everyday struggles.)
 [b]17. рдЪреЛрдЯреА, рд╢реАрд░реНрд╖ 5 American-made TV shows [/b] Again, shows that have an American feel to them, not just r
18. Top 5 American-made products (food, electronics, etc)
orrr 5 Things I Have That Are Made in the USA
Crayola crayons, those lovely ten cent spiral-bound notebooks I over-buy every year, American Spirits, Jack Daniels, Junior Mints

My knee-jerk reaction is always link by the Descendants... I like a few others that are basically love letters to specific places, but I can't think of any general patriotic songs.

'Cause "I just do, dammit" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Aldo Leopold was a great conservationist, professor, philosopher, and author. He is considered the father of wildlife management and his work is still influential in every environmental field today.
 12. рдкреНрд░рд┐рдп historical figure (not President) Aldo Leopold was a great conservationist, professor