अग्ली बेटी Ugly Betty Season 4 Casting

waichingliu81 posted on Aug 25, 2009 at 05:27PM
ok, from what we know so far this is the casting for the fourth series of ugly betty:

regular/permanent characters-

-betty suarez (america ferrera)
-daniel meade (eric mabius)
-hilda suarez (ana ortiz)
-justin suarez (mark indelicato)
-ignascio suarez (tony plana)
-marc st james (michael urie)
- amanda tanen sommers (becki newton)
-wilhelmina slater (vanessa williams)
- claire meade (judith light)
- matt hartley* (daniel eric gold)

reccuring characters-

- natalie* (jaime lynn sigler)
- megan* (smith cho)
- christina mckinney** (ashley jensen)

guest characters-

- helen* (kristen johnston)
- connor owens** (grant bowler)
- lexie* (brooklyn decker)

guide- *= NEW characters; **= returning characters as recurring
last edited on Aug 29, 2009 at 10:03AM

अग्ली बेटी 15 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना luo9670 said…
luv willi .. she is funny ... cant wait to see link season 4
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना snuggles8959 said…
hmmm
I think the only new "regular" character/actor to come aboard for season 4 is Matt/Daniel Eric Gold(from what I read). If I read correctly, the Natalie character is only a reccuring character & from what I read, Jaime Lynn Sigler mentioned that she is only signed on to appear in 5 episodes (so far)..
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना waichingliu81 said…
oh ok. i just wasn't sure because at the time it was announced that jaime had joined the cast, she was going to be a reccuring guest star- but i probably missed the info on how many episodes she will appear in. thank you for that snuggles8959! going to change it right now!
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना BeSafe said…
Interesting, hmmmm I really can't wait for the new season of Ugly Betty, I'm going to rewatch my seasons when it gets closer, its crazy to watch Season 1 and see how much everyone has changed since then!
besafe- i know! it's amazing to see how different the likes of betty, daniel, marc, amanda were back then in season 1, and how much daniel, marc, amanda have changed since then.

unlike most shows where fans do not notice the changes until seasons 5/6, ugly betty has evolved a lot and despite the criticism and flak it has received for last season, it is still around today. thank goodness.

as well as daniel, betty, willie, claire, marc and amanda to name, i am also looking forward to seeing the other 'new' faces on board. plus, it will be interesting to see how daniel's character, matt fares well in season 4- now that he is at mode and as a regular, this time round.
smirk
waichingliu81/besafe - I agree with u guys on how everyone has evolved since the first season. I know there was some criticism on the direction on where the show was going, but hopefully things will be better in season 4.
I agree, it will be interesting how daniel's character fares, now that he is part of Mode & in Betty's world.It seems his character will be a vital part this season since he will be interacting w/Betty on a daily basis. Despite him being bitter @ Betty becuz of their break-up,I think he will need Betty's help to navigate through his job..
snuggles8959- being one of the few fans, who enjoyed season 3 a lot, especially compared to the second one, i didn't really have too many complaints about it and the direction it was going at the time.

the only main things that i weren't too happy about with season 3 was christina leaving (though she is coming back as a recurring character- thank goodness), betty moving back home, lindsay lohan and the marc cheating on cliff storyline. but otherwise, i enjoyed it a lot. as i mentioned before on many occassions, i enjoyed it much more than season 2, but season 1 is still my favourite season of ugly betty.
I agree with you waichingliu81, I was one of the fans who LOVED Season 3 personally, apart from the storylines you named which I would MUCH rather have been left out, it was a great season I felt for character development, furthering of plot lines, ext. I was a bit worried when Matt was introduced (though I ended up being quite fond of him) that his and Betty's storyline would detract a LOT from her career and I felt the writers played it very well, with a good balance of both. Season 1 is probably going to take number one place in my heart now that I have had time to rewatch some of it again, because seriously it was just plain amazing, but Season 3 is definately a close second for me (of course I am a HUGE fan of Daniel/Betty friendship as well as possible future relationship and I thought, though it lacked at times, Season 3 was great for the Detty aspect)

Anyway I am VERY excited to see how these new characters interact and fit into the world of Betty, VERY interested to see Daniel's new assistant and how she plays into things, curious to see the Daniel/Betty relationship when she doesn't work so directly for him anymore, interested to see Matt's role in all of this, as well as the completely new characters who shall come into play!

Also VERY happy to see that Christina is back, as well as Connor! I think it is safe to say I'm excited about Season 4 in general! lol YAYYAYAY October 4th right?!

Ohh and hey snuggles! I can't remember if we have met or not!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना beatrice1979a said…
angry
Matt Hartley a regular....
hmmm
Why do so many people seem to dislike Matt? Hmmmm I wonder...
beasfe- i don't know. but people have their reasons, although for me, he is much better than jesse, henry and walter. gio? he was great but i think that him and betty are better off as friends.

what we do know is that even though he and betty are no longer together, he still is the same person. remember earlier on a few months ago, we read that matt was going to be a blue-collar-ish, seth rogen type? i hope that is the case this coming season.

i like matt- he is not the one for betty in the long run and i just don't see those two together any soon- however, i think he is going to be a great addition to the show. if the writers approach this character well, then he might turn out to be a good thing for ugly betty.

i am going to remain optimistic- i understand a lot of fans deserted the show for good during last season, after sticking with the previous 2 seasons. but the important thing is the fans who are still sticking with UB, in spite of the criticism. with that, and as long as people continue to tune in regularly, this show will not (fingers crossed) get cancelled.
smile
Hey Waichinliu81/BeSafe - I think Season 3 overall was much better than Season...although at times things got a little too serious & depressing & the comedy aspect of it was missing...But from some of the pictures that have been popping for this coming season, hopefully UB will be back on track.. I miss America showing her comedy side.
I agree alot of people don't care for Matt, but I like him. Hopefully his character will not get lost in the shuffle & the writers will be develop his character.I'm wondering if Matt & Betty will get back together.. if so I don't think not anytime soon since there was that tidbit that they were looking for someone that was likeable & blue-collar type that will befriend
Betty.,.. But I think they still might have something there (even tho Matt may be angry) as it was mentioned that she will have a hard time making friends becuz of her previous relationship w/Matt & to everyone she is the bosses "favorite". Funny, UB is casting ALOT of reoccurring characters this coming season, hopefully the shows regular cast don't get neglected storyline wise.
I remain optimistic for the upcoming season despite alot of people deserting the show..
me too snuggles. i am excited that we have some new interesting characters joining the show: megan, matt, natalie, lexie- well matt is not really new but he is the new regular on ugly betty.

i think that as long as the show continues to do well and keeps fans glued to the screen, regardless of the number people falling out of love with the show, then that is enough. yes UB lost a lot of fans during last season- despite myself, besafe to name who have enjoyed it a lot, but it is important that it and the writers focus on making it as eventful and interesting as possible.

oh and i know i have echoed numerous times my dislike for season 2, but it is the one season of ugly betty that i truly do not care for. alas, i rarely watch it now.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना bettynmatt said…
I actually like matt and betty together, they seem good together, especially since they seemed to have brought out the best in both of them at many points in season 3. And having matt be rich, and now betty's boss sorta makes it better in my opinion, because i guess it makes his character kinda maybe in a way be like daniel. and i guess that is why i like matt and betty together. I don't want daniel and betty getting together at all, cause when i see them on tv they seem more like a mom/son, bro/sis, and their friendship just seems too special that adding the whole relationship will ruin it, which is why matt is basically the best pair for betty, he basically has all the good qualities of her past boyfriends rolled into one, and plus some of that daniel rich guy/boss/former playboy kinda thing.
Basically i don't want daniel and betty to ever get into a relationship, because their friendship is just to good. Hopefully daniel gets another molly in season 4, and matt and betty show signs of getting back together.
bettynmatt- hmmm, i think besafe and detty4ever will have something to say on that- as they are total die-hard detty fans themselves.