द वैंपायर डायरीज़ Am I the only one...

cleo13491 posted on Sep 08, 2010 at 01:55AM
Who feels like that Nina just doesn't really capture Elena the way she was written in the books? I feel like something is missing.

द वैंपायर डायरीज़ 6 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cr6zym0nkeyiz said…
its only you book people that feel that. i personally think the books r a piece of crap. i find that the book elena is such a b*tch. and i didnt like the book series that much. i found it sooooooooo boring. and plus i just cant stand book elena. i felt like she acted like she was so stuck up and miss everything. i found that tv elena has more of a heart. i knoe that book elena just wanted stefan before even getting to knoe him and talking to him like tv elena did. book elena wanted stefan and when stefan ignored elena at first she wanted him even more. ugh. i dont like characters like that. i perfer tv elena.

and plus i heard that they changed the elena for the tv show is b/c people would hate book elena. they wanted someone that people would like and mostly everyone likes tv elena. if they had book elena as tv elena i knoe for a fact that either some people would hate her with a passion or not watch the show. nina is a strong female lead for the show and that is why they picked her. watch wht the producers of the show said in the interview and then u will knoe why
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cleo13491 said…
heart
Whoaa, I wasn't trying to have a go at fans of the show, or Nina, because she's a great actress. I just don't like her as Elena. I'm just bothered at how the Vampire Diaries tv show is so completly different from the books. If you aren't even going to utilize the behaviors of the original characters and plot, why not just use a little creative ability and make an entirely different show instead of, very loosely, following the plotline of a book? Makes no sense to me. I'll get down off my soapbox now. Haha! (:
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cr6zym0nkeyiz said…
yea. but unlike movies, tv shows are never the same as the book in the first place, ive watched a couple, the show would be too short then. they need to expand. they keep the main plot 2 guys and a girl, blah blah.....u knoe the story but will not follow it all, b/c a tv series needs to run for many seasons to go on, if people wanted it to stay to the books a movie wouldve been the better option. i think we're even lucky that TVD show got mad, i personally think that the show is better than the books.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना disco_dinosaur said…
I don't think she really is anything like the Elena in the books. But that doesn't really matter, because her personality is so different from the books. I prefer the books, but I like the show, too. It's just, they changed everything so much, it barely follows the plot of the book at all. I'm kinda glad they got rid of Meredith, though. She annoyed me.

And to cr6zym0nkeyiz - without the books, the show wouldn't even exist, so you should appreciate them even if you don't enjoy them, and don't insult them.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना xshaggy9x said…
I personally think the TV show is way better, and i know they didnt use the exact stuff from the books, but they basically got the main idea from them and created there own Tv show using the name...ALot of Shows are like this, and there are keeping the main idea the same...Its really just about a small town of Mystic Falls.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना rajalanda said…
kevin said in one interview that he would be bringing meredith in to the show, but doesn't know how to and i think parts of meredith in the book were merged into other characters like bonnie and her whole damon hating thing, also she is one of the only people who can stand up to damon, she nearly burn't him alive, the bonnie in the books always liked damon. what does everyone else think?