द वैंपायर डायरीज़ Why are the book so different from the series?

Guste_LT posted on Jul 08, 2010 at 06:37PM
I dont mean to be having a go at any one, i'm just wondering why theres so any diffrences. because in the series, theres

*No Meredith in the series.
*In the books Katherine dies in Volume 2.
*In the books the towns' name is Fell's Church, not Mystic Falls.
*In the books Elena is blond.
*In the books she has no siblings.
*In the books her parent are long dead.
*In the books Damon IS the crow.
*Competely diffrent plots (not 2 bothered bout that)

द वैंपायर डायरीज़ 7 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Damondobessed said…
I've noticed that too.. I watched the series before I read the first book, and I got really confused, hah ^^
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना juste_123 said…
hmmm
Yeah, I read the books b4 the series and I also confused...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cr6zym0nkeyiz said…
what? is this ur first time watching a book turn intoa movie, huh? and if you watched some of the interviews, they of course have to change things, they r only using the plot story, 2 vamp brothers fall for a girl. tv series will ALWAYS be different form the book so they can ecpand and make it more interesting and strech it into more than 1 or 2 seasons.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Mcutieface said…
heart
I think the reason why the show is so different from the books is because not everything in the book can be adapted in to a show. Plus, in an interview the producers decided that they were going to create their own sort of story but they were still honoring the masterpiece book. In my honest opinion, i kind of like how they are so different. It makes me more interested to watch it every week. It doesn't really bother me that elena isn't blond. I'd rather have nina dobrev than someone else who looks more like elena in the books and sucks at acting. Nina Dobrev is great!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Guste_LT said…
smile
I'm not saying that Elena being being blonde is bad, it's just that the books are almost nothing like the series, so i was abit confused once i read the books then watched the series, with all those new characters and all, this the first time i actually watched series based on a book that were so diffrent, usuall when i read the book then watch the film they both have similiar plots, i was just wondering, i didnt mean any offence, thats why i watch VD, its alot more interesting when i dont know the ending. and i didnt say it was a bad thing!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cassiebug59 said…
kiss
i have read all of the books and i think that it is cool they changed the tv show but i wish they would have let ian somerhalder be stefan and paul westly be damon because ian somerhalder is way hotter than paul westly sorry paul no affence i still love u too
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ranstell2703 said…
Also Elena was popular and kinda a bitch