द वैंपायर डायरीज़ Comparision between the पुस्तकें and the t.v show.

pickles656 posted on Nov 28, 2009 at 03:15AM
The t.v show is nothing like the books. I watched a episode and they were just throwing in anonymous characters!Like a police officer that knew about vampires? Seriously? That is totally wrong. And, Damon didn't make Vicky into a vampire. Klaus did! You know, they also threw in some new vampires... NEVER happened in the book, never.Also, The boarding house wasn't burned down. NEVER! In fact, Stefan told Elena the story of Katherine in his bedroom! There is sooo much wrong!

द वैंपायर डायरीज़ 10 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना babybell said…
Yeah but it isn't supposed to be exactly the same as the book, is it? And hopefully the TV will stretch out much long than the book, and it can't be one flowing story - interesting things have to happen in each episode, not in each book or on a much wider basis, so they have to spread it out, add new characters to make it more interesting in each episode, and add new arcs and story lines. And on top of all of that, it is only based on the book, in a similar way to something like True Blood, and that went a COMPLETELY different way from the book for some of the characters. I don't think it will be as drastic and it will probably follow along the same lines, but details have to be changed, as i mentioned earlier, and it will have different plot points and probably turn out to be a very different story. - in writing something like this you just have to see where it goes. Hope that helped :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Ednbella said…
agreed babybell
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना pickles656 said…
BABYBELL? Did you even read the fricken books?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना lifesariot said…
i love the tv show but i haven't read the books yet. i want to, but i don't want to read the books and then be disappointed with the show or anything. do you think that it's still a good idea to read the books?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Babygirl92 said…
I say it's alittle too different from the books. Like it was a boarding house, no one knew of Stefan of Damon, but yet it's their estate in the show. The sheriff was a guy not a woman that kills vamps. And Vicki was never turned into a vamp at all, she went crazy for awhile when Katherine used her. And they never knew of any Lexi. Like a vamp that was older than both of them, and Stefans' Bff? Please.

But as for Lifeariot. I say read the books. You'll love them. Truly. And you won't really be disappointed in the books, it's not like what they did to Twilight - meaning totally fuck it up.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Twilimpian said…
I like the books better. The show is so different it's like it's not even the same thing just with a few of the same characters... But the show is ok i guess but I would have liked it to be more like he books.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Layla1101 said…
I've read the books, and I watch the show. I prefer the show over the books. Elena is too whiny, in the books, and frankly I don't care about reading the frigging diary parts, it just drags the books out longer than they need to be. I think the way the CW has portrayed the story is much better than L.J. Smith had.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना xshaggy9x said…
I Prefer the TV show over the books, but if you still haven't read the books, go for it, because its totally different from the TV show......... I just think of it as its own series.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना katie567 said…
smirk
I think the T.V shows are waaay better than the books. Firstly in the books Elena is boring and whiny and not a person to look up to at all. Seriously! In the T.V show shes a much stronger character and has alot more personalilty. And secondly. exactly how many times did she die???? its so stupid! wtf. its so obvious that the author was like "meh,, cant be bothered to write anymore, I'm just going to kill elena off" and then 5 minutes later she was like "actually,, more books equals more money. I might just bring elena back to like for the millionth time and write a few more (books) GOD!! but the T.V shows are amazing :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना rajalanda said…
the idea of the show originated from the books, but htey are both so differant in so many ways it's not really fair to compare them.