This लेख was written द्वारा फैन्पॉप guest contributor Stacee R.
Society seems to be completely fascinated द्वारा the vampire craze. Films, TV shows, पुस्तकें and even plays about वैंपायर have captivated audiences in an extreme way these past couple years. Even with all the vampirey goodness, there’s only one दिखाना worth watching, discussing, and living vicariously through. It’s the CW’s The Vampire Diaries. For all आप “fang-tastic” प्रशंसकों out there, and आप know who आप are, here’s a सूची of a few things that might make आप a die-hard Vampire Diaries fan...
1. आप consider Mystic Falls, Virginia a घर away from home. Although you’re fully aware that this is a fictitious town filled with सूपरनॅचुरल life forms, it still feels like आप grew up there या at least want to! With sexy वैंपायर roaming the streets it’s no wonder your dream vaca-spot is suddenly Virginia!
2. आप know useless facts about the shows pre-production castings. Like the fact that both James वैन, वान Der Beek and Neve Campbell were up for the roles of Alaric Saltzman and Isobel Fleming. No offense guys, but your teen dream and scream days are far behind you. आप might want to consider auditioning for a network that caters to viewers your “own age.”
3. Your own प्यार life is turning into a series of प्यार triangles. Whether it’s a vampire thing या just for TV dramas, any and all series involving वैंपायर seem to touch base on these प्यार triangles that drive the show. True Blood did it with Eric, Bill and Sookie; Twilight did it with Bella, Edward and Jacob; and the Vampire Diaries has done it with Elena, Stefan, and Damon. Just make sure आप understand that your life isn’t a TV दिखाना and प्यार triangles are never as glamorous as they appear on screen!
4. आप know the pilot was shot in Vancouver while the rest of the series films in Covington, Georgia. Due to tax incentives, Georgia is cheaper to film than other parts of the country. Covington has become Mystic Falls and although some neighbors complain about the late night shoots, the town is beginning to warm up to the idea, especially once they saw who was on set!
5. आप knew a spin-off series was in the works back in 2010 even though it didn’t air until 2013. The Originals is the spin-off series that spun heads. The दिखाना takes place in New Orleans and centers around the “Mikealson siblings” who are the world’s “original vampires.” The दिखाना was placed on hold when Kevin Williamson had prior commitments to the short-lived series, The Secret Circle. Three main characters from TVD have crossed over and continue to play their roles in the new series. The Originals aired in October 2013.
6. आप realize the success of the दिखाना is because Kevin Williamson is behind it. Williamson brought Dawson’s Creek to the screen and captivated teen audiences throughout the 90’s. His फिल्में and टेलीविज़न shows are always a success and he hit सोना with TVD. TVD is the most viewed series currently on the CW.
7. आप knew that TVD was renewed for a sixth season on February 13, 2014 and the excitement fueled your very existence.
8. Although Damon will always have a place in your heart, after all Elena and his प्यार is the reason आप started watching, Stefan is the Salvatore आप truly adore! Those hazel eyes, dirty blonde hair, and pouty lips make आप cringe at the sight of him. Torrey DeVitto was a fool to let this hunky stud-muffin go! The couple विभाजित करें, विभक्त करें and filed for divorce in July 2013, good news ladies!