द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस Luke Castellan and the Apples of Immortality.

Quadnipples posted on May 04, 2011 at 05:19AM
Hey hey,
If this is considered spam or something, I apologise, but I'd rather post it here than in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians section as I feel this place has a greater fanfic community, if that makes sense? Anyway, there's not much else to say, except I hope you enjoy reading this :)

Synopsis: For the first time in a long time, Luke Castellan of Camp Half-Blood is offered a quest from his father, God of thieves and Messenger to the gods, Hermes. Honored at first, but new revelations enter his mind and bold questions are asked.

Disclaimer: All the background work to this belongs to Rick Riordan, and I do not in any way, shape or form attempt to take his work as my own.

A/N: Leave a comment with your thoughts, I love to get other people's opinions and stuff!

द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस 5 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Quadnipples said…
smile
1 - It's the start of something.

“It will be perilous beyond belief, dangerous to the most death-defying degrees,” Chiron informed me.
“I know, Chiron; but I’m ready.” I reassured the age-old Centaur as I stood next to the ping-pong table awkwardly.
As long as I’d been here, I never understood why any matter of great importance was ever discussed in the recreational room. I looked again at Chiron, who looked as if he was weighing up all the possibilities. It had been a while since anyone’s been offered a quest, let alone have been on one. I never got the exact times, but I believe it was before the generation before our own.
Chiron sighed, “Well, it is your father’s wish,” he said thinking out loud.
“I guess that’s one thing we have in common,” I said bitterly.
“Now Luke, do not speak ill-will of the Messenger of the Gods, he holds a lot more importance than you think. He does well, and means it too.” Chiron told me.
“Here’s hoping it’s a sign of things to come,” I shrugged.
Hermes wasn’t worth my time. In all my seventeen years, he’s made one appearance, and he wasn’t even meant to. He knew my fate; so what? All parents know where their kid is headed; they’re the ones nudging them to take that path. Even if on the outside I despised my father, I’m glad I was the first to get offered a quest, from an immortal parent or not. Could he actually be a good father? He might have a lot of his time taken up as he is the Messenger of the Gods...
“Yes, here’s hoping, Luke. But if a quest is what you want, then it is what you’ll receive. That much, I can promise. A safe return, however?” Chiron looked into the distance as if remembering a time before.
“I’m not too sure. But nonetheless, the attic is where you’ll be off to now, it’s been a while since we’ve seen the green smoke,” Chiron said.
“Thanks Chiron,” I nodded towards Chiron as I walked out of the room.
Chiron stayed put however, as he seemed to be troubled by something. I should’ve been more concerned, but a prophecy needs to be known.
You could say I was eager, but who wouldn’t be? If you were in my shoes, which I doubt you were, you’d realise that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I reached the door, and creaked it open, the only light source coming from a small window.
This wasn’t the first time I’d been in the attic, but to everyone else it had been. Not even Annabeth knew I had ventured up here before, but everyone had their own secrets, right? I shifted calmly in there, waiting for something to happen, as I took in everything around me. Not much had changed, nothing had been moved, and everything was where it had been before. I was about to walk up to a broken sword, when the mummy in the corner shivered the life.
Yeah, it shivered, and gave me the creeps.
Green smoke poured out of its mouth, and this weird raspy voice spoke in a very ominous tone.
“As a loving father attempts to honor,
His actual sincerity is left to ponder.
Scarred for life if to fail,
The beginning of the end, as fates will entail”

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना TheMagicWord said…
laugh
Wow this sounds like a really good idea. Poor luke, I wonder what would of happened if he did know his destiny. That prophesy is really interesting.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Starlight1o1 said…
This is the type of story that sort of falls into the background when you're reading the main series and I think it's a good thing you are writing it. You started out a great. Maybe we will finally figure out why Luke turned out the way he did from your fanfic.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना rapunzeleah123 said…
@Starlight - yeah, they're called backstories, there are a couple of em on here...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Starlight1o1 said…
Sorry even though I've been on this sight for a while I'm still new at a bunch of things.