द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस Official MoA cover,first chapter,plot released!Discussions!

Reyna4ever25 posted on Jun 01, 2012 at 02:50AM
Hello guys, so, I opened fanpop today and this picture just popped up on this HoO website. This pic really draws many questions and it poses the biggest question : What led to this?

To see the pic click here : link

This is what Rick has to say about this pic:

"Well, John Rocco has done it again! Above is his fabulous cover art for The Mark of Athena. It was revealed yesterday in Publishers Weekly. If you missed the interview, you can read it here.

What is the scene on the cover? Is that who you think it is, about to fight?? Can't tell you, but yes, that is an actual scene from the book, and the meaning will be clear when you read it. Very soon, Disney will be launching a new site, GreeksvsRomans.com, which will let you choose your side -- Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter. More on that soon!

The first chapter is now available on Disney's Heroes of Olympus website. The book will be released Oct. 2, 2012. Why the wait? Well, ya know, proofreading, typesetting, proofreading again, printing (or formatting separately for each e-version) final revisions, etc. It takes a lot to make a book, and we want it to be as polished as possible when you read it."

Please discuss this pic with me here. If hundred speculations are made, surely one will be true in the end!

Also now we have access to the first chapter of Mark of Athena which has been reviewed and edited by Rick after the SS surprise read.

Here is the link to that page : link

Also here is the Plot of MoA :
“Told from the perspectives of four different demigods, including Annabeth from Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Mark of Athena unites the Greek and Roman main characters from The Lost Hero and The Son of Neptune. In a fantastical ship called the Argo II, seven demigods journey by air across the United States and by sea to Rome on their quest to defeat the earth mother, Gaea. Meanwhile, war is breaking out between the Roman and Greek demigods they left behind, and only Annabeth holds the key to restoring peace.”

Now here is the more greater and clearer plot of MoA :

"Annabeth is terrified. Just when she’s about to be reunited with Percy—after six months of being apart, thanks to Hera—it looks like Camp Jupiter is preparing for war. As Annabeth and her friends Jason, Piper, and Leo fly in on the Argo II, she can’t blame the Roman demigods for thinking the ship is a Greek weapon. With its steaming bronze dragon masthead, Leo’s fantastical creation doesn’t appear friendly. Annabeth hopes that the sight of their praetor Jason on deck will reassure the Romans that the visitors from Camp Half-Blood are coming in peace.

And that’s only one of her worries. In her pocket Annabeth carries a gift from her mother that came with an unnerving demand: Follow the Mark of Athena. Avenge me. Annabeth already feels weighed down by the prophecy that will send seven demigods on a quest to find—and close— the Doors of Death. What more does Athena want from her?

Annabeth’s biggest fear, though, is that Percy might have changed. What if he’s now attached to Roman ways? Does he still need his old friends? As the daughter of the goddess of war and wisdom, Annabeth knows she was born to be a leader, but never again does she want to be without Seaweed Brain by her side.

Narrated by four different demigods, The Mark of Athena is an unforgettable journey across land and sea to Rome, where important discoveries, surprising sacrifices, and unspeakable horrors await. Climb aboard the Argo II, if you dare." . . .

And this is the comment made by Rick :

“I can’t wait to share The Mark of Athena with my readers. The book has so many things they’ve been waiting for!” stated Rick Riordan. “Annabeth and Percy are together at last, as well as the seven demigods of the prophecy. The voyage of the Argo II was the most exciting story to write—by far my favorite part of the Heroes of Olympus series yet.”

The plot and comment open way to more questions. Here are some, tell me what you think about them and why:

1. Is Annabeth the seventh demi-god?

2. If she is not then who is the seventh?

3. Is the seventh Annabeth/Reyna/Nico/new demigod?

4. Who’s is the fourth PoV? Reyna/Leo/Nico/Hazel/new demigod?

5. If Annabeth is on the ArgoII how do you think she holds the key for peace between the demigods left behind?

6. What do you think about the cover?

7. Jason is riding the venti horse or something else?

8. What does Terminus mean about keeping Minerva in her place? Effects of the Trojan war or something else?

9. Why does the mysterious voice laugh at Annabeth’s truce with Terminus?

10. Do you like the edits Rick has made to the chapter?

Do answer these. I will be posting my answer tomorrow cause it is going to be quite a long one :)
And thanks to everyone who has come forward and commented in this forum! Hopefully these speculations and theories will make the wait for MoA more bearable.
last edited on Jun 01, 2012 at 02:06PM

द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस 40 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...