द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस The meaning of something

fishtaco567 posted on Jan 07, 2012 at 06:25AM
In the book "The son of Neptune", I noticed a few lines about Percy's fate, and how it *could* work out. The lines are:

"Maybe, Maybe so. But every hero has a fatal flaw. Percy Jackson? He's too loyal to his friends. He can't give them up, not for anything. He was told that years ago. And someday soon, he's going to face a sacrifice he can't make. Without you, Frank-- without your sense of duty, he's going to fail. The whole war will go sideways, and Gaea will destroy the world." -Spoken by Ares/Mars, chapter XXXIV

And:

"Then Gaea has already won. I'll tell you this Percy Jackson. The one that will cause you the most trouble is the one that is closest to you--the one that hates me the most" -Spoken by Hera/Juno in chapter LI

To me, this points to a point where Percy will have to sacrifice Annabeth in some way to achieve his goal.

Yep, horrifying thought, but it's about what this points to.

Also, anyone else hating the cliffhanger at the end of The Son of Neptune?

द हीरोस ऑफ ओलिंपस 3 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना swiftwater said…
Yes very iratating
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना shubham06 said…
Yup its utterly frustrating...
Together with what u said the prophecy of
The daughter of wisdom shall walk alone, the mark of athena shall burn through rome
Are an indication that something bad will happen to annabeth. How sad?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Meef said…
Rick Riordian does these sort of things and it kills everyone. Also he knows that everyone will be begging for the next book. GOOD WAY OF GETTING MORE FANS