गाना How Long Have आप Been गाना

shazyrach posted on Jun 26, 2010 at 08:59PM
i've been singing all my life i've done school shows and i'm in the school choir.

गाना 7 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना AgentMagicCoat said…
I've been singing since I can remember. It's is one of my favorite things to do. C:
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना babyV101 said…
i can't remember a time when i wasn't singing but when i turned 7 my voice got a lot better
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Rioxoxo said…
smile
i sang before i could talk i have been in many many school shows and i have won 2 comps with judges that r good themselves and those comps were out of school and i won 1st in both of them but i do truely belive use 3 people r good at singing too i hate those people that brag about themselves then put other people down when they dont even know them also im not saying that im the best singer in the world but i know im really good but alot of people on this site r really good
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना webkinzluv said…
smile
i have sung for as long as i've known how to. i'm horrible at it but oh well
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Nemisis said…
I cant sing at all but have since as long as I remember ive done school shows and choruses since first grade
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना dragons0214 said…
I have been singing for seven years without lessons and I just started with lessons one year ago.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना glelsey said…
I've never had any real singing lessons, but it would probably help. I'd really like to learn more about controlling my breathing (though being a clarinet player may have already helped me a little in this area).

Apparently, I've been able to sing in tune and even harmonize properly ever since I learned how to talk, as I was fortunate enough to be born with a musical ear (both sides of my family are extremely musical). In primary school when we performed in assemblies, church, school plays, etc. I sometimes had solos or got given a harmony, so that gave me a bit of nice experience from a young age.

When I was 11 I got a part in a local production of The Sound of Music as one of the Von Trapp children, and the MD spent a lot of time with us teaching us all the songs properly. I absolutely loved learning the songs so intensely, and that helped me realise I was serious about music and singing. I stayed with that drama group - they are like a second family to me.

Then, when I was about 14 I think, I got volunteered (funny enough, by the same MD) to take part in a local choir's version of a Gilbert & Sullivan show (Ruddigore). There was a bridesmaid character and they didn't have anyone young enough in their choir to play the part, so I got brought in temporarily to do it. It was cool that I didn't have to audition for it! That said, I did learn from this experience that I wasn't really into G&S and as of today that's still the only time I've ever taken part in one. On a side note, it was hilarious how operatic the rest of the cast was compared to me. I definitely didn't sound the part, but I could read music, reach all the notes, and hold harmonies on my own, so that was good enough for them!

In my last years of secondary school, myself and my five best friends formed a "harmony choir" together. We were basically a group that met once a week after school and focused on performing songs with as many complex and interesting harmonies as possible! Looking back, I treasure those days. There were six of us and funny enough we all had completely different personalities and went on to do fairly different things in life (aside the fact that three of us went into teaching of some sort!) and we were all brought together by our love of performing and singing with all the harmonies we could imagine. Wow, that sounds cheesy. But there you go.

After that, I've continued to perform in musicals on stage where I am required to sing - sometimes by myself and sometimes with others - but to be honest our drama group doesn't usually take the musical side as seriously as it used to (there was a time when we had some very serious MDs). A few of us still always manage to sneak in some cool harmonies though and our current MD actually praises us for it! He just doesn't teach them to us, we figure it out ourselves.

I think the last time I was with people who were really serious about the musical side of singing was the harmony choir back in school. I'm still in touch with all of them but we all live in different parts of the country now. Though like I said, I still get to sing in the stage shows I do so I'm still doing something.

Wow, long post. So yeah. That's my life story I guess.