Fabulous! Don\'t forget to share with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.
1. Liam Cooper was driving from Sydney to Wollongong (his hometown) in November last year when he and a friend came up with the perfect wedding proposal idea.
Liam and his girlfriend (and now fiancé!) Amy met in high school, and they’ve been dating for six years.
“We met at a youth group in Wollongong in year 7 and starting dating in year 9,” Liam told BuzzFeed.
Focus at the local cinema and ran off “to the bathroom” in the first stage of an epic proposal that took months of preparation.
“We actually started shooting back in February,” Liam told BuzzFeed. “We had one weekend to shoot in February, and I had to tell Amy I was going away on a business trip to Adelaide. Of course, it was all filmed in Wollongong, so I had to organise with Amy’s friends to take her out for coffee and stuff when I needed to film at her house.”
3. Liam had to cash in a lot of favours to pull the whole thing off, borrowing a Porsche from a friend as well as the skills and help of dozens of people.
“We filmed all the [pre-proposal] footage over a weekend and it took two weeks to edit. We actually had a test cinematic screening in the Bondi Junction Event Cinemas, to make sure it all worked out.”
4. Whilst Liam had 50 or so people on standby to congratulate the newly engaged couple, everyone else in the cinema was strangers who had just bought tickets to the film.
5. Liam set the video to Magic!’s “Rude”, and the band even sent him a message of congratulations for the end of the clip.
6. Liam and Amy are set to wed in November of this year, in what Liam says will be “a much smaller” event (who can blame him).
Liam did, however, tell BuzzFeed that “Rude” probably won’t be the song they play during their first dance at the wedding. “No, no, ha! I’ve been living and breathing that song for months. I’m pretty done now.”
7. Want more proof that Australia is the greatest place on earth? Sign up for BuzzFeed’s “Meanwhile in Australia” newsletter!
27 Times Ruby Rose\'s Instagram Gave You Life
Reminder That Ruby Rose Isn\'t The Only Hot Aussie In...
31 Times Chris Pratt Was Perfection In Human Form
Oops! It looks like you\'ve already used that reaction on this post.
Rebuzzed! This post has been added to your Feed
I know, right? And there’s more where that came from.
Broken hearted? Maybe you’ll like something over here instead?
I know, right? Will your friends agree?
This Adorable Movie Theatre Proposal Was Months In The Making And It\'s Perfect
http://www.buzzfeed.com/bradesposito/magic-weding Want a good idea for a wedding proposal? How about you make a movie?
This Guy Proposed To His Girlfriend With The Help Of Their Daughters And It’s Adorable ×
Tony Abbott’s Quotes Perfectly Spliced Into A Wes Anderson Film ×
Charlize Theron Perfectly Responded To A Question About Feminism In “Mad Max: Fury Road” ×
27 Photos That Will Make All Eyeliner Addicts Breathe Easy ×
wedding, amy, australia, liam, liam cooper, proposal
Don\'t forget to share! Want to add another one? Go for it!
Donald Trump, America\'s Troll, Gets Tricked Into Running For President
This Is How Much Bigger A US Large Is In Than A Japanese Large
Taylor Swift’s “1989” Will Not Be On Apple Music
These Guys Tried Fake Eyelashes And Didn’t Completely Hate It
Mumbai Got Flooded And The Internet Hilariously Captured The City’s Struggles In The Rains
Are you sure you want to remove this item? You can\\'t restore it with "Cancel" button!
Upload an Image Crop Image Are These Thumbnails Okay? ×
Choose a new image Save Save Thumbnails Preview Thumbnails
Oops! We had a problem sending your message. Please try again later.
Great! You\'ll get your first email soon.