बेतरतीब भूमिका निभाना Limitless

aNinnyMouse posted on Aug 12, 2011 at 09:47PM
Evangelists called it the rapture. The beginning of the end of civilization. Fire had fallen from the skies. Irradiated meteors, they said, crashing through the earth's atmosphere from an indeterminable source. Blackouts rolled over big cities while nuclear power plants had meltdowns in several different individual countries.... Casualties were at a million, and the population of smaller or developing countries were all but wiped out.

Those of us who were effected by this attack from the heavens first-hand and lived... were changed forever. We gained... powers and abnormalities. Each different then the last... Some of us became violent, overcome by primal rage. Some of us grew intelligent... too intelligent for our own good. Other were driven to the brink of madness...

The crime rate raised considerably as well as a strange trend of costume wearing vigilantes with strange and amazing powers. That's right, Super heroes and villains were no longer just the stuff of comic books...

The Setting: New York City (of course). Politicians are battling it out on whether or not the super heroes are good for the city while a new crime syndicate called the Zhombeys, consisting only on those physically and mentally maimed by the Rapture, ravage the streets on their way up to power and ex-super villain runs for governor. Police forces are forced to turn to outside help, while trying to protect civilians from getting caught in the crossfire of "Good and Evil".

Information needed:

Name:
Alias(if they have one):
Alignment: "Good", "Evil", or "neutral" (If you haven't decided yet, just put neutral, we'll figure it out).
Powers/Strengths:
Weaknesses:(Their weaknesses have to be equivalent to their power/strengths. I don't want to see any super strong super heroes who can fly, shoot lasers, and dodge bullets with their only weakness being a fucking rare rock)
And whatever else you think is important. e.g. Physical description, background, age, gender, etc.

Give other characters a chance to respond before you do anything to them. Exceptions can be made if you've asked and/or received permission.

Thank SB for giving me this project a few months ago.
last edited on Aug 12, 2011 at 10:10PM

बेतरतीब भूमिका निभाना 380 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 380

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना aNinnyMouse said…
BUMP!
Oh yeah and the usual rules apply

No god-modding or power-playing blah blah blah
Oh and Give other characters a chance to respond before you do anything to them. Exceptions can be made if you've asked and/or received permission. I might add that one to the desc.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना darkmoon47 said…
i'm so joining
Name:Tina Anderson
Alias:Nightmare
Alignment:Works for the highest bidder(if i can do that)
Powers:Can read your thoughts/Mind Control
Weaknesses:Forced to feel other peoples feelings

i'm so joining Name:Tina Anderson Alias:Nightmare Alignment:Works for the highest bidder(if i can do
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना southern-belle said…
YES!!! You made it! :D I'll post a profile when I'm on my comp or nook cause I can't upload picks from this.
XD.............
Yes, you most certainly can, because I'm going to do it too. Careful about the mind control, though, not too many people will be happy about that so you might want to ask their permission before using it.(Or if you've already spoken to them about it). And yessssssssssssss I diiiid I'm just as excited!
And btw dark, that's a pretty pic (:
don't worry i won't and south thx
Name: Mickey Miller

Alias: Hunter

Alignment: Neutral

Powers/Strengths: per strong immune system, fast metabolism and the ability to rapidly heal. Unusually strong bones. Carries a large artillery of weapons when he's on the job.

Weakness: The worst the injury, the longer it takes for him to heal. While he's healing he can become vulnerable to attack. Also, if a body part is removed it doesn't grow back. And he feels pain just like anyone else. (If you tear his head off he's just dead like anyone else, as well).

Other: He was known to have a very violent past, even rumored being involved with a white supremacist gang before the rapture. Now he works paying off his debt to society as a bounty hunter. For each super hero or villain he brings down to help keep peace, a part of his past is erased from the records and he earns a little cash at the same time. During the rapture his car was struck by one of the meteorites. The doctors claimed that his survival was a miracle but after his bizarrely speedy recovery he went through a memory lapse. He has vague memories of the year that followed, with only vague dreams to go on. It was during this memory lapse that he believes he had a chance encounter with a certain super hero, that lead to an uncanny obsession that still drives him today. He hopes to get to one day get a hit on said Hero just so that he can be sure...

Desc.: About 5'7", mildly muscular. Caucasian. Dark hair, square face with cleft chin. Light gray eyes. (Lazy might possibly maybe make a better one later).
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
nice i like it
Need moar people!
okay, i was gonna try really hard to post a profile last night but my friend Alicia decided at the last minute to stay the night, so i didn't get to. I'd do it today but it's so hectic i can hardly think straight, so i'll try tonight, i do have a ball park idea but i just can't get it right in my head right now.
If that even makes sense...
No sweat. I don't think this rp will last.
i hope so
We'll wait for SB some more.
ok sounds good
Aww I hope it lasts!
hey sb
Yes dark?
Error
Dammit...
lol nothing
Lol okay then (:
Hay yooo! Hay yoooo!
so when do we start?
When SB posts her profile. I don't think anyone else is joining.
ok SB hurry up lol
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना shadowcon99 said…
(I'll join if it's ok.)
(Error)
(don't see why it wouldn't be)
You don't have to ask. We haven't started yet
Name: Angela Bublanski

Alias: Bubble

Alignment: Good

Powers: Illusions, and levitation(of herself and other objects).

Weaknesses: Her powers can't cause physical harm, if she has to fight the only advantage she has would be causing confusing illusions or levitating. She can't levitate for too long at once or she grows weaker. If she has too many illusions going at once they start to appear 'glitchy'.

Desc.: Her appearance changes pretty often, but her height (5'4") and facial features stay the same. When she's not keeping an illusion up, she has auburn and blue/gray eyes.

Other: When the rapture began, Angela was in college, her dorm building was hit by one the meteorites, some died, some were maimed near death, but the luckier ones wound up like she did, with powers they never dreamed were possible. Angela got her nickname before the rapture and her "powers" came about, she wasn't all to excited that it stuck but she's made the best of it. Whenever she arrives on the scene of a crime or something of the like, she does so with a cloud of bubbles surrounding her, or at least an illusion of it.

(excuse my awkward writing guys, i'm tired and had a looonnnggg weekend...)
 Name: Angela Bublanski Alias: Bubble Alignment: Good Powers: Illusions, and levitation(of herself
Heeheehee Bubble. I love that! Yaaaaaaaaay!
lmao, thanks. :O OMG we're on at the same time and theres no people at my house that don't live here!!! all is right with the world again!!!
YES INORITE? It's a miracle!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना teamsalvatore98 said…
(I would post a pic but I cant with my laptop, so here is a link! :D)

link (for a better picture click here: link )

Name: Lillith

Alias: Anino (because of her dark looks and her moral compass.. ((It's Filipino for shadow)) >_>)

Alignment: Evil

Powers: She can disappear, and meld into the shadows without being detected.

Weaknesses: She can only disappear for no longer than 8 seconds ((w00t for random numbers ! )), if she stays for any longer, she falls weak quickly.

Description:She has shoulder length curly black hair, her height is approximately 5 feet, and she's on the toothpick side.

Other: She had been with her boyfriends family when a meteorite hit. Her boyfriend was killed, along with his mother. His father was absolutely fine, but died of depression shortly after. After finding out what she could do, she quickly turned to robbing banks and such. Now she's onto much bigger stuff like killing people.
angry
omg is the error here too? :x
Yay! I think I know who the Hunter's current target is going to be.
Please tell me the error has been bothering you guys before. The only roleplay club I've gone to where it hasn't followed me is a fantasy rp O.O I really dont want it to be following me where ever I go.
Oh it's everywhere. No one can ever escape it as long as they're posting on a forum in Fanpop.
No it's after us too. and shush about it not being there! it might hear you...
Good, it's not just me!
error *depressed look* damn you, mother fucker. damn you to hell. .__.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना sonoboreas said…
Name:Edward Newgate
Alias:Law
Alignment:Neutral
Powers/Strengths:Can create a bubble around himself, which expand about 20ft, and anything that enters the bubble can separated or rearranged(ex. attaching a man's head to a barrel). If he separates a human they will stay alive and feel no pain.
Weaknesses:Can't walk when in his bubble and vulnerable to attack
Other:Wife and daughter were killed after the disaster by a group of men with supernatural powers, now he roams as a loaner looking for retribution.
 Name:Edward Newgate Age:22 Alias:Law Alignment:Neutral Powers/Strengths:Can create a bubble around hi
So, *cough*, When do we start? xP
angry
(fuck you error. Damn you to hell ._.)
Name: Alex Graham

Alias: Black Flame

Alignment: Neutral

Powers: Can control Fire and anything related to heat.

Weakness: Water and the cold

Other: Alex has been a weird person since he was born; at the age of five he was put into a facility and kept watch over because he could make people feel pain without touching them. When the rapture hit Alex was absorbed into the flames of a meteor then spit back out after which he burnt down what was left of the facility, after the meteor hit. Since that day he has been wondering the streets living off of money that he has stolen over the years.
 Name: Alex Graham Age: 29 Alias: Black Flame Alignment: Neutral Powers: Can control आग and anyt
(error)
((Awww.. crap I was going to make a fire-related hero too! I guess it isn't exactly a unique idea, so I should have expected this. Anyway I'm going to try and type out a setting))

A coat of starless black had wrapped itself around the cityscape, broken apart by towering buildings and elevated bridges. The hum of life bubbled over from the city's heart, having only been quieted once... When the sky turned red with alien flames. No one would ever forget that day, and it's story will always be carried on from generation to generation, if this generation can even survive.

People walked a little slower now. A little more careful. A fear hanging on to their minds. Their future far more foggier than before, with the present in a state of chaos. Heroes, Villians, they didn't care what these beings called themselves. They didn't care what about the strange and amazing powers they had... They only hoped that they wouldn't be caught in the crossfire.

Outside of an apartment complex, an old man shouted to the skies.

"God! God! He is angry with us! He has closed heaven's gates and shown his fury! It is... It is a warning! This is our last chance of redemption! You sir," He grabbed the arm of a rough, dark-haired man.

"You have a gift," The old man continued. "You've been given a second chance yet you sti-" The man tore his arm loose from his grip.

He dusted his sleeve off as if it was contaminated and looked the vagrant up and down. "If this God's given a guy like me a second chance, then I'm don't think I want to be worshiping him." He shook his head and shoved his way past him.

The man continued on without glancing back. His prominent jaw seemed permanently clenched in anger. Dimly gray eyes studied the faces of everyone he passed as if he was searching for someone, but he knew he would find them here.