Pride and Prejudice 1995 A Truth Universally Acknowledged...

becca85 posted on Jun 08, 2009 at 02:13AM
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

With these words, Jane Austen began one of the most beloved romance novels that has ever been written. Pride and Prejudice is also a popular story for fanfic writers to have fun with.

The point of this forum is for you make up as many variations of that timeless first line that you want.

I will start so you can see what to do. You can make them as serious or as silly as you want.
 [i]It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be

Pride and Prejudice 1995 16 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना becca85 said…
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a mother in possession of five daughters, must be in want of son-in-laws.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Chandlerfan said…
mischievous
=O Why did I not notice this forum before?! *curses self*

Alrighty, let's see...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a Darcy played by Colin Firth must be married off as soon as is feasible so as not to be wasted.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a mother in possession of son-in-laws must be in want of the title "grandmother."
So very true XD

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a wet shirt can make or break a man, unwittingly attract or repel the lady he has an eye on.

Of course in this case, cross out break and repel XD
laugh
HECK YEAH!!

Hmmm...my turn...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a woman in possession of a lake must be in want of a Colin in a white, loose-fitting shirt.
big smile
YES! *buys a lake to prove it* XD
Wait...supermarkets don't sell lakes...=P

It is a truth universally acknowledged that only one man can pull off the smouldering look without knowing exactly what it's doing to many women.

*sighs at smouldering Darcy*
heart
...continuing the Darcy trend...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that only Colin Firth can state he isn't sexy enough to play Mr. Darcy and then prove himself wrong in a matter of seconds.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Orinoco said…
heart
It is a truth universally acknowledged that Colin Firth is just too darn hot!
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a girl in want of serious comfort turns to the Pride and Prejudice 1995 miniseries.
heart
I swear I posted something here before...=P

And Orinoco...AGREED! =D

It is a truth universally acknowledged that Darcy/Firth is the epitome of tall, dark and handsome.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that haters of Darcy deserve to be chained to a chair and forced to watch the lake scene over and over until they love him!!
big smile
It is a truth universally acknowledged that this club needs some resuscitation.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Echoes said…
It is a truth universally acknowledged that books (P+P), can take you to places you never dreamed possible.
How did I miss this update?

It is a truth universally acknowledged that I will be in need of serious P&P time when finals are over next week.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Echoes said…
It is a truth universally acknowledged that you should never underestimate the power of a well-written letter.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना darmstrong08 said…
heart
It is a truth universally acknowledged that I and many other are in serious love with Mr. Darcy.