वन ट्री हिल People hating on a character/couple for wrong reasons!

Leytonfan4ever posted on Nov 16, 2007 at 09:19PM
WARNING!!!!: VERY, VERY, VERY LONG!!!

Ok am so sick and tired of ppls reasons why Leyton shouldn't be together or even have a chance to be 2gether or think that brucas/jayton will automatically be 2gether in S5!! And also am so sick of ppl just hating on Peyton for the wrong reasons! Well am just going to say everything here and u don't like it then whatever!

I'll start off with 2 common REASONS for assuming that Leyton won't be together in S5 or shouldn't be together at all and I’ll clear it up with the same answer(s) that will end with Leyton still needing a chance at LOVE...So let’s start!

*First reasons:"Leyton won't be together because Jake will come back and Leyton would be already broken-up and peyt will go back w/ Jake"
Ok first off we are not certain that Jake will return (well Cuz BG has his own show...as I heard) and even if Jake came back what make u guys think peyt will go running to him? Last time we saw Jake and Peyton, Peyton was walking away from Jake, for Lucas. Jake was letting Peyton go, for Lucas. There's nothing there. Jake, I'm sure has moved on. And yea Jake has said "Just look in your heart and if Lucas isn't there then am always here"--(or he said, something like that) Well we ALL know that no matter what Lucas will always be in peyt's heart. Some may not believe it, but it's true so I don't see jayton coming back at all!! Besides I don't want them too!

*2nd reason and most common one people would say: "Leyton won't be together brucas will because...*whatever their reason is*"
Ok I find dis statement funny because:
I think Lucas and Brooke are good as done for two reasons...
1. They stood face to face, and agreed, beyond a doubt, that it was over, and nothing was there anymore.
2. Brooke deserves way better than Lucas and they have tried 3 times, only for each time to fail.

Maybe I'm wrong, and Brucas will rise from the ashes, it would just need a hell of an explanation! I mean, Leyton has its explanation ... it's been in the works since the pilot. Brucas ... after agreeing there was nothing there, it makes no sense for them to wake up and be in love again. Leyton would have to fail first ... them break up on their own terms, and then with time, maybe Brucas could work. But I can't see Lucas ever turning his back on Peyton for Brooke. He’s never done it in the 4 Seasons, so I can't see it now. but some will include Lucas choosing Brooke (in S1) as Lucas turning his back on Peyton, but u do know Lucas regret it and always wondered if he made the right choice and at the end he realize didn't make the right one.

Oh, and we saw how Peyton's life would be destroyed if Lucas died ... I mean it showed how it would effect her, and how she never would've moved on. Not to mention, we heard Lucas say the ONLY reason he wanted to live, and not remain deceased with Keith, was so that he could tell Peyton that he loves her. How much more closure do Brucas fans need? Lucas might've said "You're the one for me Brooke Davis" ... but did he EVER say that he wanted to live, just so he could tell her how much he loved her? He lives to tell Peyton that he loves her ... therefore I think it'd be pretty safe to say that he lives for Peyton. If that's not REAL love, then I don't know what is.

But you know bottom line is Lucas has already made it obvious that Peyton is his priority right now ... I mean, he sat there and told Peyton that they didn't have to even see Brooke at prom ... he didn't care to see her one way or the other, if that was what Peyton wanted. Where as Brooke asked Lucas not to talk to Peyton for ONE DAY ... and first chance he sees her, he speaks to her, and compliments her.

Now here are the most common reasons why people HATE Peyton.

*1st reason: "She broke up Brucas; she came between Brucas; she ruined Brucas"
Dis one really annoys me!!
I mean plz ask yourself dis: If brucas were "meant to be" than why did their relationship fail not once but two times? Peyton was a factor, yes, but true love should not let anyone come between it, so I don’t think its entirely Peyton's fault that Brucas didn’t work out those two times, it was their inability to trust and let each other in. Lucas even said that he would never cut Peyton out of his life, even if Brooke requested it. Lucas never called her when he was away, he blocked her out after the death of Keith yet he had no trouble talking to Peyton that day. After seeing S3 and S4, it’s obvious that Lucas lets Peyton in, something he had a hard time doing with Brooke.

Let's get this straight ... NOTHING Peyton did, S2-4, had an effect on Brucas' outcome. It was already apparent to Brooke that there were problems there, and Peyton's feelings for him, only shined more light on that fact. Brooke was then trying to keep Lucas around for all the wrong reasons. Brucas ended on their OWN TERMS. Peyton had no control over the fact that they didn't trust each other ... or that they couldn't open up to one another. Those were Brucas' problems, not Peyton's. I'm sick of people blaming Brucas' bad relationship on Peyton. Lucas made the choice to be there for Peyton ... Peyton never asked him to leave Brooke's side ... Lucas did that on his own. Peyton didn't see herself as coming between them, she more so perceived herself to be a third wheel more than anything. Brooke's insecurities, and Lucas' inability to put her first is what caused their relationships demise. NOT Peyton.

But brucas never really did overcome their challenge though, yes they were able to get back together after Lucas cheated on Brooke with Peyton but Brooke was still insecure about their relationship, if u look at her face whenever LP interacted it was never a happy one. She never really trusted Lucas fully after the cheating incident. Peyton was one factor that Brucas had difficulty overcoming. In S3, Lucas lied to Brooke about sleeping on the floor when he shared his room with Peyton and she got mad when he wrote the same thing to her that he once wrote to Peyton...mostly every argument they had somehow always involved Peyton...that doesn’t seem like they overcame their problem to me. Peyton was a test to their relationship just like Rachel/Taylor/stripper/Chris was for Naley but Naley was able to overcome all the people that tried to come between them, Brucas never did when it came to Peyton, in fact they grew weaker as a couple whenever that was the case...which eventually lead to their breakup.

*2nd reasons: "She whines/cries too much"
Again annoying!!!!
Now ... please tell me, at one point in time, has Peyton cried, that it wasn't expected.

Dealing with her mother’s death ... she cried. But that's expected when you don't understand why something happened, and you blame yourself. Ellie died ... that's expected considering you just found out that the world you were brought up in, really didn't exist at one point in time, and it's not the life you were supposed to have. She just allowed herself to open up to Ellie, after fighting her off, and then she dies. Tragic.
Ian attacks her ... um, yeah, I'd cry too.

When does she whine? Peyton doesn't whine. If anything she holds it all in until she just can't anymore. Did she whine about almost getting raped in season 1? NO! Did she whine about Brooke humiliating her at Dan’s party when she dared Peyton kiss Lucas in front of everyone? NO! Did she whine about Brooke trying to hook her back up with Nathan so she could get to Lucas? NO. She told her off and that was the end of it. Did she whine about her moms' deaths? No, but sure she cried about it like any normal person would. Did she whine about getting shot in the leg? NO! Infact she defended Jimmy saying he just seemed scared and she was never mad about it. Did she whine about her best friend not even coming to see her one time after she got shot? NO. Did she whine about having a stalker that almost killed her? NO! Peyton always works through her problems and then comes out stronger for it. Brooke whined all of season 2 about not having any money. 4 seasons later Brooke was still b*thing about LP cheating on her in season 1 even with everything she had done. And then in S3 she goes all MAD about luke and rachel...i mean correct me if im wrong, but wasn't it brooke's idea with the whole "Non-exclusive" Crap?..First she tells luke that they can kiss & other stuff and still see other ppl and now that luke does that she's complaining/whines about it??--and then tells him that he's suppose to fight for her??--seriously, luke already wants to be w/ her why make him fight for you??--Don't get brooke. Moving on Haley whined about Nathan not forgiving her right away when she came back and whined that Peyton wasn't being nice to her. Haley whined about being pregnant (which is totally understandable, but it's like why get yourslef pregnant if Ur going to whine? I mean u know Ur belly is going to be big and u know u won't fit some of Ur cloths so why bother?). So u see Peyton isn't the whiner in the show!

*3rd reason: "She gets all the "good" storylines."
You realize this isn't Hillarie’s or "Peyton's" fault, right? I'm sure a fictional character has control over what stories she's given to play in. This is a horrible reason to dislike a character. Mark is the one writing the show and decided who gets what so u shouldn't hate Peyton for that.

*4th reason: "She ruined Breton’s friendship "TWICE" by cheating with Luke and confessing her feelings for him & she is a bad friend"
Well 1st of all She is an amazing friend, always putting over the top effort into what she believes in. She doesn't hold back, and sacrifices her heart at all costs for those she loves. She has proved this throughout the seasons. Yet, funny how Brooke has never made one honest, all out, sacrifice. Now, I'm not talking about giving up clothes, or anything as petty as that. I'm talking about a true sacrifice. How Lucas ran into the school, into the face of danger, to rescue Peyton. How Haley gave up the school of her dreams so that Nathan could pursue his dream. How Peyton was willing to give up her love, and friendship with Lucas, just so that Brooke could have him. Brooke has never made a purely unselfish sacrifice. Everytime she does something, it's so that she can gain in the long run. Even Rachel was able to put her education on the line so that Brooke could graduate and keep her deal with Victoria's Secret. Why is it so hard for Brooke to put her wants aside for the benefit of someone she cares about???
_________________________________________­___­___­___­
(Random)
Lucas: I can't say anything bad about Peyton. She's my friend, and she's your best friend!
Brooke: That's OK, you can say bad things about her.

Ok, I know this is totally random but I have to say this. Isn't Brooke the one that's always telling peyton hos over bros? It just makes me dislike Brooke a little.
_________________________________________­___­___­___­

Moving on to Cheating probelm...the 1st time Peyton did not go after Lucas. Lucas pursued Peyton! Peyton tried immediately after the motel to call it all off for Brooke's sake. She tried repeatedly. Lucas pursued her. Yes, Peyton did it, regardless, but it wasn't her initial idea to intentionally go after him, despite Brooke being her best friend. But still to me cheating is cheating. Peyton cheated with Lucas and Brooke cheated with Nathan. People can say Peyton and Nathan were broken up all they want but everyone knows, including Brooke that they really weren't. That is how their relationship was. Nathan even asked Peyton at the party how long they would be broken up for in this episode and said something like "for 10 minutes this time or until tomorrow?" They never really broke up because they would be back together in a matter of minutes or hours. And the second time Peyton never stole Luke...All she did was tell Brooke about her feelings and yes Brooke did have a right to be mad, but she had no right to slap her! Part of the reason why Brooke was so mad at Peyton in season 1 was because she wasn't honest! And then Brooke tells her she wants her to "always be honest with each other" (or something to that affect) so that is what Peyton does with the confession. Brooke was mad because she wasn't honest the first time so she decided to be honest the second time. How is that wrong? You know Brooke can't have it both ways.

Now question:"Have you guys ever made mistakes?"
And don't say no because I know everyone has

That’s all Peyton did, she made a mistake. Also she fell in love with someone and they always say that you can't help who you love. And that’s very true you can't. It's not Peyton’s fault that she has feelings for Lucas, if there’s any one to blame its Lucas. Lucas told her that he wanted EVERYTHING with her in season 1, but Peyton won't commit because of trust issues, then all of a sudden he's dating Brooke, who obviously had no problems with just dating Lucas to have a physical relationship with him. and Yes Lucas ended up falling for her and her for him (supposedly) but Peyton had to walk in and see her Best Friend with the guy that she loves How hard would that be for you to bare?

And u guys make it seem like Peyt is the bad one in the friendship....Peyton has constantly put Brooke first their entire friendship, and Brooke hasn't always been a noteworthy friend. I mean, S1 she calls her out at a party, embarrassing her in front of everyone, all Cuz she was bitter that Lucas didn't want her. Then the next day, after waking up in Peyton's bed, Peyton hold nothing against her, only welcomes her. Then after Peyton has dealt with the deaths of both mothers, Brooke makes jokes about her mothers to Peyton's face??? Brooke has deliberately ignored Peyton's feelings and desires for that of her own, and she has never been there to pick Peyton up, only push her down.

Now, I admit that Peyton has made bad choices, but in light of their friendship she has been way more dedicated than Brooke. Brooke is a nice and sweet person, and she is very reliable, but below the surface she doesn't have the dedication that a true friend should have. But yet everyone wants to hate Peyton Cuz of things that are beyond her control, and things that she has done in the past. Let it be! It's over and done with, and Peyton has grown tremendously since S1 and is nothing like the person she was.

*5th reason: "People shouldn't be mad at Brooke for the sex tape Cuz both peyt and Nate were broken up and she was drunk and plus, peyt did worst"
Now when it comes to mistakes Neither Brooke or Peyton are wrose then the other in my book. Both have been bad friends, both have betrayed the other, and both have made their fair share of mistakes when it comes to their friendship. Saying that Brooke's mistake was less then Peyton's is crap because she did the same thing Peyton did to her. She cheated with Nathan, you may not say this is true but effectively it was.

I watched episode 415 and it is all right there, all the mistakes each has made and I will show why Brooke mistake is no different then peyt's own.

Brooke to Nathan: "it is not all your fault Nate, I mean my memory of that night is hazy at best but I am pretty positive you didn't have a gun up to my head." Right here shows she still made her choice to sleep with him even though she was drunk. She was coherent enough to make that choice. She didn't have to sleep with him but she still did, she still betrayed Peyton.

Brooke to Peyton: "That thing with Nathan and I happened a long time ago and you guys were broken up." Peyton:” Well in case you don't remember Nathan and I broke up all the time." Brooke:"Oh really, how could I forget? That's all that your relationship ever was Peyton a string of miserable one night stands thrown together." Brooke knew they weren't really broken up. She knew they would break up and would be back together by the next day but she still slept with him anyway. Technically it isn't cheating but in reality it basically was.

Later on, Brooke to Peyton: "Why do you even care anymore?" Peyton:” Why do I care? Brooke this has been one of the worst years of my life. And I needed my best friend more then ever and you cut me out because I was honest with you and you were never ever honest with me. You made fun of my Mom's death Brooke. You knew her, you cried with me when she died and now you use her as a punch line for a joke to hurt me. It hurt me; it did but not anymore because you and I are done. You're right she's dead and as far as I am concerned so are you."

This was the moment Brooke had a major turning point. She realized that yes Peyton was a very crappy friend to her when she cheated with Lucas but she was also a very crappy friend back. When Peyton was honest with her about Lucas she completely wrote her off when all Peyton was doing was being a good friend. Peyton wasn't going to pursue Lucas, she told Brooke this repeatedly, she was just trying to avoid the same mistake twice, she was trying to be a better friend and she was. But because Brooke was so insecure about Lucas and Peyton to begin with she cut Peyton from her life just because she was honest with her. She tried to cover up her own fears and insecurities by taking it out on Peyton and being mean to her and wasn't a good friend because of it. And at this moment she realizes she was just as wrong as Peyton was when Lucas and Peyton cheated and how much she hurt Peyton. This was the turning point because look at the person Brooke becomes after this moment. At prom she puts Peyton above herself, a very selfless thing to do, and goes to get her even though they were fighting. If she didn't go to get Peyton then Peyton would be dead and if Peyton didn't stop Psycho Derrick from killing Brooke then Brooke would be dead. They both hurt each other but they both saved each other and now they were even and were able to be better friends for it. Now look at the Honey grove episode. Brooke told Haley the truth, was very mature about Lucas and Peyton, and turned down sex with Chris Keller. I have said before that Brooke is like a junkie in need of a fix and that fix being sex, this stemming from the fact that she grew unloved, but in this episode she kicks the habit! She says no and realizes it won't solve anything. In a later episode she tells Turner the truth about the exam and we see her as a great friend to Peyton. She finally became the person I knew she could be and it took what happened with Peyton to really see it.

In the end both Peyton and Brooke know they both royally screwed up, both know that neither offense is really worse then the other because the bottom line is they were bad friends to each other but they finally get past it all at the end of S4.

Ok am done here I know pretty LONG!!! But Have I covered them all or are there some I missed?

Oh 1 more thing some ppl say LP wont be together in S5 cuz the long distance relationship.
Well i think it is true..BUT remember when Lucas Mouth and Haley were talking about long distance relationships and Lucas was all for it while Haley was against it? I think that was foreshadowing for LP, that they might attempt it but with the lack of communication (becuz they will be so busy and college and stuff) they will slowly drift apart. *tear*, but i know LP will find their way back 2gether well it will take awhile, but im sure it'll happen=]!
last edited on Nov 17, 2007 at 09:59AM

वन ट्री हिल 47 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...