वन ट्री हिल Lucas and Peyton's Story...

abs07 posted on Jan 08, 2009 at 04:38AM
Ok, so a BL fan requested that I write an overview of Leyton's storyline from A to Z. I'll probably edit it from time to time if I missed something or if someone thinks I should add something. I incorporated some quotes/scenarios to back up my claims of just why I love leyton. This is their story:

Season 1

Though they came from two different worlds, they were incredibly alike. The moment they first locked eyes, Peyton fell in love with Lucas Scott and his life had meaning from then on ("The boy saw the Comet, and his life had meaning"). They formed a bond the first time they spoke (luke opened up to her and she immediately saw something special in him). It didn't take them long to realize they wanted to be together and they fell in love despite their circumstances. Unfortunately they also constantly got in their own way. They were both young damaged goods covered in issues which made the "getting together" part near impossible. Peyton had the habit of running from her feelings. Lucas had a habit of being in denial when he got his heart broken. Despite their controversial love affair, many people forgot that it was spawned from actual Love. The passion, connection, heat, lust, were all esthetic factors surrounding the true reason they wanted to be together. They did fall in love the first time out (lyrics playing in 1.13 when Leyton decided they wanted to be together: "I wanna know what it's like on the inside of love; staring at the gate, I see the beauty of love."). The affair was selfish, but they were not selfish people - hence the breakup soon after (before they knew Brooke even found out). In 1.15 when Leyton reluctantly called it quits for Brooke's sake, lyrics of hope played in the background that told us all that it wasn't over: "On the tip of my tongue, I promise forever, but the words go unsung, as I sink in to denial; we plot our future with a map to the stars." So though circumstances tore them apart near the end of the season, Luke's quote in the pilot would echo on until their inevitable reunion: "I'll be seeing ya."

Season 2

Thought they lost each other for the most part that season and had the chance to fall in love with different people, they never stopped loving each other and were still there for one another. Not to mention Luke kept everything that reminded him of Peyton (love letters he wrote but never sent, pictures, cards, etc). The true reason he kept them is debatable, but luke keeping those things remains an undeniable fact. Luke and Peyton's separation in season 2 made many fans believe that season 1 was indeed just a lustful fling. For me, season 2 depicted just how broken season 1 left lucas and Peyton. They truly fell in love and had a hard time just "being friends" after everything. Remember, they never ended their affair because they wanted to. They ended it for Brooke's sake. It didn't change the fact that the feelings, that the love was still there. Therefore it took them a while to get back to some kind of friendship.

Season 3

They spent the summer together [between s2&s3] and we could tell that they had become quite close friends. They knew each other even more than they did in season 1. In fact that was one of the first things luke said to peyton ("You don't know you me" - Peyton. "Oh I think I do" - Luke. **and they embraced in mutual agreement**) They would do anything for each other and went through a lot together that season - losing their family, the school shooting, dan attacking luke (at first peyton was the only one luke told the truth about the fire to), road trip to confront their past...I could go on. They concurred on an important fact from the beginning of the season: "It's always gonna be there." Throughout the season, Brooke was always insecure about how much time luke spent with peyton and he had to constantly put brooke's insecurities to rest. Leyton's past just kept resurfacing (love letters, road trip, library kiss, etc). By the end of the season, Brooke felt like she was standing in their way as she was hanging on for dear life, Peyton realized she had unfinished business with luke (with a little help from Jake who figured it out in no time), and Luke began to realize it a little bit too (3.21: Luke - "Hey, I love you; you know that?" Peyton - "I love you too." - did you see the look on his face?). Furthermore, many ppl may have missed that moment when Leyton stared at eachother while Naley recited their vows at the altar in 322 (watch when Nate says "I don't think anybody really understood the love that I had for you. Cause if they did, they would have never doubted us.") Those two just couldn't help themselves in season 3.

Season 4

Gack, this season...Luke, who claimed to be fighting for Brooke who had just dumped him, couldn't stay away from Peyton. He was constantly with her...all the time! People blamed Peyton for that, but remember, Luke constantly went to Peyton's house. I said it before and I'll say it again...emotionally retarded. "Peyton happened to be there, but you CHOSE to be there" - Skillz. The two were inseparable and may as well have been dating before 409 cause they shared a bed, embraced every other second and talked all the time. After Brucas' closure in 408, Brooke asked Luke again (now that his head was clear from guilt and confusion), who he wanted next to him when his dreams came true (409) - and his eyes immediately met Peyton. The woman who's Art, Passion and Beauty changed his life forever. He knew he had been in denial of the ever echoing Truth. He knew every instinct to the contrary was a futile attempt cause every ending was Peyton. His epiphany at the state championship then remained in his heart (that explains how things got so messy when he tried to "move on" in s5). The rest of the season spoke for itself. Lucas was the perfect boyfriend and all the things Brooke complained to luke about (not letting her all the way in, going days without a meaningful conversation, lying, etc) never seemed to be a problem for Leyton. They were Soul Mates in love. Not to mention they always talked about forever - "I'll love you forever, Lucas Scott" - Peyton. "No matter what happens (i.e season 5), you will Always be in my Heart/I will always love you." - Luke. It was like he had a feeling that things would go wrong but their love would remain strong. It was like he knew season 5 would happen. That Lindsey would happen. Julian would happen. But no matter what, Lucas would always love Peyton. Always. Neither of them talked in a "forever" context with their other loves like they did with each other.

Now let's trail back to season 3 and tie it to season 4 because anti-leyton fans tend to use the past to negate things that have happened afterwards:

* Yes peyton wanted to marry jake, but it didn't take him long to convince her it wasn't right (cause luke was clearly still in her heart). He basically got her to admit that if Brooke didn't have Lucas, the "Jeyton" marriage wouldn't happen.

* Yes luke wrote brooke a love letter that said "you're mine forever" but those were the same words he used in a love letter he wrote to Peyton from the beginning. Now that's what I like to call a Heart Fart. Brooke's his forever right? It didn't take them long to fizzle out. By 408 they both amicably agreed they didn't have that epic love story they were both searching for. So to me, though Luke meant well, I don't think he truly meant it from the bottom of his heart; I think he was so busy trying to convince brooke that he wanted to be with her ["not peyton"] that he would have done almost anything; including 2 embarrassing love speeches, lol (sorry, I'm trying my hardest not to deviate from Leyton - the hot topic).

Season 5

By season 5, they wanted to be forever - at two different times. Luke wanted it right away, Peyton wanted to wait. Luke left her in L.A. but their love went strong! That's what I loved about the season. TWO books were written by luke...Peyton was both the inspiration AND the hot topic of each. Leyton kissed the same night Luke proposed to his supposed new love, Lindsey. Before, in between, and after the proposal/wedding, Leyton couldn't keep their eyes off each other; not to mention they couldn't stay away from each other...it was hard to watch season 5, but we got to really dive into & get to know leyton's longstanding love even more. So I appreciated it (the chemistry, the books, the words, the scenes, EVERYTHING leyton was great). By the end, not only was Luke's heart screaming for Peyton (The Comet), but even Lindsey [who was ready to marry Lucas if it weren't for Peyton] couldn't help but play matchmaker. She also knew that Lucas and Peyton were meant for eachother. She was in awe and envy of Leyton's Epic Love Story. It humbled her to the point of calling off her and Luke's wedding despite luke's numerous attempts to prove he truly did want "her". Most fans hated lindsey but I thought she was brave. Fierce. She could have said yes. But she chose to be the incredible person she was and stood aside to allow Destiny to take place. She knew she was part of Luke's journey, but not part of his future. Lindsey Evelyn Strauss believed in Lucas and Peyton and sacrificed her heart for True Love. By the end of the season, it was obvious that Leyton's love was stronger than ever despite their separation. They had finally both stated that they hadn't moved on and once again, hopeful lyrics lingered in the background: "Everyone's saying the best's already gone but the days are alive and filled with changes; it's only half of what we got comin' round..."
In essence, Leyton's reunion was foretold in season 1, it haunted season 2, strained on in season 3, and was finally realized in season 4. Season 5 was an unexpected turn but the end of the road always wound back to Leyton. Always.

Season 6

New Maturity. A love stronger than ever. A final reunion between two lovers who fought for years to deny a cemented truth. This is it. No mores games, no more running away. Leyton are no longer standing in their own way. They once let circumstances get in their way (s1), they once let people get in their way (s2/3), they once let timing get in their way (s5), but they were done hiding their hearts. Seeds were planted in the beginning (s1) - it was time to let destiny take its course. "I wanna be selfish with you." - Luke. They are ready, on the same page, walking a journey together to see if they are meant to take their love to forever. If it doesn't work out this time, it'll be because they aren't meant to be. They've grown too much to blame their problems on anyone but themselves this time around. Guess we'll have to wait and see...
last edited on Aug 26, 2009 at 03:48PM

वन ट्री हिल 9 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Leyton4ever said…
Love this Abs, I never liked Lindsey, I never thought of her in that way, you make a very good point. I know a lot of people didn't like season 5 and hated lucas in season 5, but I love season 5. This is a really awesome post.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना tvfan5 said…
Ah yes. I agree about Lindsey. I've mentioned before how strong she was and i honestly don't know many people who would give up the person they love like that. It was probably SO HARD on her to do that especially when he kept trying to convince her he still loved her. Takes a person of great character to do that. And as much as I dislike Lindsey for being in the way, i appreciate that she was there because we got some great Leyton scenes and further evidence that Leyton are TRUE LOVE.

TLA.

Great article <333
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Laurra said…
YOUR BACK! wherd you go .. we missed you! :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ritergrl said…
Agree about Lindsey yeah....

she just coulnd't act... and the fact that Mark was so IN LOVE with her made it worse.

But yeah... YAAAAY! Abs wrote something made of wiiin!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना abs07 said…
Hey laurra, ::P

yeah, I just needed a break from fanpop. I'll visit more often though :)

I"m glad someone asked me to write something cause it's been a while :) - glad you liked it!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना chaotic03 said…
hey hey. Leyton for life. though my all time fave ship's Naley but lucas and peyton's perfect i think.

Anyway, we started this OTH inspired RPG Site and we soo need 'Lucas' there and so as 'Brooke'. Though we changed the name and PB there but they're absolutely based on the original ones.
here's the site. link
Please do join.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Epiclovstoryfan said…
You nailed it. That is the appeal to the whole epic love story between Lucus and Peyton. This show won't be the same without them.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना HaleyDewit said…
nice job
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना starrjam21 said…
very good :) I would like to add that in season 1 Brooke KNEW Peyton and Lucas liked each other. Yes Peyton said she was cool with it but if she was a good friend it shouldn't have went after him in the frist place.in my humble opinion.