I'm wanting to start an rpg thread here, anyone interested? If so, just post here that you want to join the rpg stating which characters you want to play, then please go to the character thread and post a profile of them. I have a few "Rules of RPG" I would like anyone joining to follow. Please add to the rules if you have a good one that would make the rpg easier for everyone to enjoy.
1. Please use the ideas thread to post ideas for the rpg storyline. It is hard to have a good rpg if everyone is following a completely different story line.
(ex: If you think it is a good idea for the bad guys goal to be such and such and you are playing the bad guy, then post it in the ideas forum. How are the good guys suppose to investigate and find it out if they don't know your chars goal?)
2. If you have a character and their profile directly effects another characters profile that you are not playing, then please ask permission first.
(ex: Once in a Gundam Wing rpg, another person decided their character would be Duo's girlfriend, and created an entire extravagant history b/t the two, of which she did not bother to communicate with anyone. I was playing Duo and did not really appreciate this cause it directly effected my chars history. Please ask permission first.)
Character profile refers to things like; name, age, history, skills, etc. Since it is an rpg, it is okay to attack a character and plot against a character and stuff like that without asking permission first. But if it effects another characters history or skill, then please, PLEASE post the idea in the idea forum and ask permission before using it.
3. Please do not kill off someone's character without asking permission first.
4. Please do not describe sexual acts... I'm not sure if fanpop would take action against us for it.
5. You have a month to claim your character by REPLYING TO THIS THREAD AND STATING WHICH CHAR IS YOURS, and then post their profile under the character thread. Please collaborate under the idea thread so everyone can agree on the story line. I will be starting the rpg on May 28th under the thread "Naruto RPG", and please do not start actually rpg-ing before then so everyone who wants to join will have time to do so.
6. Since this is rpg, you do not have to follow the same exact story line as Naruto, but if you are going to change a cannon character's history (a character from Naruto), please specify that in their char profile. It is okay to create your own original chars since this is rpg.
7. It's okay to add characters after the rpg starts on May 28th, just post the chars first under character profile thread.
Those are really the only rules I can think of. In case anyone does not know what an rpg is, it is similar to basically collaborating on a fanfiction. Everyone chooses a character and then posts their characters actions on a thread in a story format, then other people reply to that thread by posting their characters reactions to it in story format... and everyone writes the story line together. That is why it is necessary to have an ideas forum to communicate the story line to one another, and that is why it is rude to effect another characters history which is not yours without asking permission first.
I claim the characters Itachi, Sasuke, and Kisame. At present, I do not plan on creating my own character.
I hope you guys will want to join this rpg. Please feel free to add to the rules, and does everyone agree with the rules I've posted? Any problems with them, are they good? Also, only join the rpg if you plan on actually rpg-ing. This sounds like a ton of fun to me so I hope you guys agree. :)