Meryl Streep Streep- A Life in Film (Book/ Bio)

merylrox14 posted on Jan 13, 2010 at 11:31AM
Have you read the new Meryl book by Iain Johnstone called Streep a life in film? if you haven't, it contains info on Streep's personal and filming life. If you have read it, what are your thoughts on the book?
 Have आप read the new Meryl book द्वारा Iain Johnstone called Streep a life in film? if आप haven't, it c

Meryl Streep 4 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MERYLfanSTREEP said…
I am reading this book recently. Well...of course I have found a lot of interesting facts. But there are some things, I don't really like. Firstly, there are not many photos in there. Also, the author often writes about himself or other actors and that's a bit boring. Besides there are some mistakes in the book. For example, in the last picture of Meryl's family, there are confused Mammie's and Grace's names. Or there is written, that Don born in 1952. But in his official website www.dongummer.com is written that he is born in 1946. Moreover, there are not many information about Meryl's personal life. That's why it would be wonderful if Meryl write her autobiography someday...
But otherwise, the book isn't bad.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना merylrox14 said…
smile
Yeh i absolutly agree with you there. i could have sworn i saw some mistakes in there to an example also would be a typo he wrote the year 1999 like this 19999. i agree also that he does talk a bit about his personal expirences and also about other actors and i would have wanted to read more about meryl's personal life also. Although im glad that he did a book about her. its about time they did an update on her movies like he did. i give him credit, it was a good book.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MorrisJefferson said…
Yes, it was a good book. I canot think y nobody befor hasput down the working life of this incredible star. It is an amazing story and i don't mind ian johnson writing abt himself as he knows her so well.
i thought it was absolutely brilliant.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना streep_fan said…
ive read the book a friend let be borrowed it and i loved it ive read it like 5 months since ive become a fan but i really knew alot of things about meryl it was like if there would be an exam for it i would be like 93% xur of my answers, then, but as i read the book i definitely knew i didnt know all about her like the thing about mike nichols and her with jeremy irons that was something i didnt know and a whole lot of things too. but as what everyone said there was a lot of errors in the book and if ur a fan u know u could correct it and ull also know what would be the appopriate thing for it... anywayz the book was great and ive read it like just for 2 says coz i love meryl streep