Lie to Me ट्रैक्टर, ट्रेक्टर Man

Councilman posted on Dec 16, 2009 at 02:39AM
Ii find the program interesting even though the premise if is a fantasy, but when they make up things that are just wrong about real organizations, I have to speak up.
In this episode they have the FBI requiring children remain within the bombs blast radius. This is false and gives the wrong impression and makes the writers look like idiots. First thing they would do is move children out of the area ASAP through a back door out of site of the bomber. They would also try not to let the bomber see the snipers set up unless it was to their advantage to do so. Also the water disruptor while a great idea it would set the bomb by blowing the bomber off the pressure switch An anfo bomb as big as the trailer would not be disrupted enough with 55 gal. of water and if like the ones McVey used the anfo was in drums the effect of the water blast would almost zero.
I still like the show but sometimes they would do well to do some research and not just make things up.
 Ii find the program interesting even though the premise if is a fantasy, but when they make up things

Lie to Me 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना franella said…
Hi,
I have to agree with you on the points you picked up on, I have to admit to thinking the same thing re the kids at the time, and the high visability of the snipers... I actually found a lot of things in this episode made me pause for thought, When they said the kids would have to stay Cal says, "I was hoping you'd say that"... WHY?...Then there as that snipy remark he made at one point with the comment "whoever heard of husbands keeping secrets from their wives" and then a very pointed look at Gillian....What was that about?? Whilst you obviously have pickedup on the technical errors the writers appear to have made, I am left wondering why they also seem to have taken Lightman so out of charector in places as well. The way he seemed to be enjoying messing with loker and the kids when there is a potential disaster so close doesn't fit either. Then there is that lie to tractor man about the blue metal drum being an 'XRAY' devise... Oh please... The whole episode just seemed to be a bit off to me...