हैरी पॉटर बनाम ट्वाइलाइट Songs that best describe Harry Potter and/or Twilight

Gred_and_Forge posted on Jan 23, 2011 at 09:37AM
Simple game (if you want to call it that). Embed a video (or link) of a song that you think best describes either or both HP and Twilight. You can either describe the characters, actors, writers, fans, or series in general. After you post the song, tell us why you chose it to represent an aspect of either series.

I'll go first. The song I chose is Bruno Mars 'Who Is' to describe the whole Jacob/Bella/Edward triangle thing they have. Basically it's Jacob singing about Bella always wanting a perfect guy (Edward) and he's obviously not it. Below are part of the lyrics to the song.

She set the bar
Just above the stars
A rocket couldn't reach it
But I still kept on reaching
She watched me try
Atleast a thousand times
If she loved me she'd stop me,
But no

I know I'm not perfect
But at the end of the day
Who is?
She wanted someone that's perfect
Okay.
But can you tell me who is?

हैरी पॉटर बनाम ट्वाइलाइट 17 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Darkshine said…
big smile
I don't know who the hell could this song describe, the first thing on my mind was Rosalie (Toilet) and it's just so funny.
I think it would relate to the pre-BD Rosalie well.
Check for yourself.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Gred_and_Forge said…
heart
This song I would use to describe Ron's love for Hermione.

Busted-Falling For You
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Darkshine said…
heart
^oh yes that song is amazing.
It really relates good to them.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MissKnowItAll said…
heart
I always liked this one for the Romione pairing. :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना youknowit101 said…
This describes Edwards feelings for Bella, if you reverse the male and female roles.

When Ed was young is when Ed was human, (a totally different song). Bella reminds Edward of when he was human before he could read minds (another different song)

"She doesn't look a thing like Jesus"
She doesn't look beautiful like vampires, but he sees something in her

"Can we climb this mountain, i don't know"
Edward doesn't know if he can handle being close to Bella all the time.
"Higher now than ever before"
He's never been tempted like this
"Now we can make it if we take it slow"
Ed wants to take it slow

There's more to relate in this song to Bella and Edward if you pay close attention.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cassie-1-2-3 said…
(whoever made this video got the lyrics wrong)

This one is obvious and kind of cheating, becuase it's on the New Moon soundtrack.
It was written well before Twilight, so maybe it's not entirely cheating.

The white demon is of course Edward.
I see this as both Edward and Jacob trying to reason with Bella, the reasoning coming from Edward is really coming from the imaginary Edward in her head, becuase subconsciously, Bella knows she should move on, but doesn't want to.

The tonal shift at "Let us be in love" is both Bella and Jacob. Jacob saying it to Bella while Bella is saying it to the imaginary Edward, hence the echo.

The very last lines "I can't stand it anymore" is all three of their frustrations at failing at their convictions.
I don't mean to flood this forum with the best band in the world, but...

This to me sounds a little bit like how it must feel to be changed by Carlisle right before death.

it started with a low light becuase they were seeing "the light" people are always going on about, then they get ripped away from the sight and Carlisle takes their blood [type] (or just bited them) and it leave an immortal impression..

In Rosalie's story, she was hoping for death (so she could leave this star crossed world behind), but was forced to change her mind.

There's white light beams and bombs and all that to indicate the pain.

"That was the turning point" -No need to explanation.

Now the person is a vampire. Carlisle (the storm maker) tells them it's not so bad. The dream makeer is the new vampire.
I have no idea who the spaceman might be.

Now, they've finally accepted their fate, to a degree. Their immortality is not easily ignored, so it still haunts them.

Now, the vampires are telling Bella that she "better look it over, before you make that leap" and appreciate what she has in her normal life.

They're fine with how their living, but they still wish they could be human. Not many people can sympathise with them because your emotional transition was private (it wasn't televised)

The GPS thing, I have no explanation for. Sorry.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना LoopyLuna96 said…
smile
This one for Lily and Snape
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना youknowit101 said…
Damn, I was gonig to do Spaceman

This one describes Edwards confusion about what he is. He feels like a Human in some ways, but he knows he's not, so he's saying goodbye to all his human traits, grace; virtue; good; devotion; soul; romance
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना LoopyLuna96 said…
smile
And this for Lily and James. I know it's Miley Cyrus, but it fits so well. :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MissKnowItAll said…
Guys, feel free to post all the Killers stuff. The Killers are awesome. :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना xDark_Angelx said…
Yeah, I know I'm not a Twilight fan, but after listening to this song a few times, I realized how much Taylor Swift's "Haunted" reminds me of Bella and Edward's relationship-including Jacob in it a bit, as well.

And because I don't feel like posting a video, I'll just put a link to it (with lyrics in the description):

link
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना zanhar1 said…
One word... Lucius.
@Cassie: We all know that Busted is the best band in the world, followed by the Beatles x]

@Zanhar1: That song could be used for Snape as well haha.

This song I chose for Romione (again). He goes to school because of Hermione (yeah, yeah, I know they live in the school, but he goes to see her, because we all know Hermione goes to study)

Busted-What I Go to School For
My absolute Dramione video ever. So brilliantly put together.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना GemonkDruid said…
Simple Plan's 'Me Against the World' describes Harry in OoTP perfectly. :D
Mhm...

This song reflects Bella's feelings toward Edward.
She's initially drawn in my his "subtlety; his mystery, not like the other guys"

She's often "Taken [impressed] by his reptuauion", even though "he's so bad"

Later, her heart became broken for the first time, and it hit her like a tidal wave.

... And so on.
I think this song has a lot of parallels to their relationship.