हैरी पॉटर बनाम ट्वाइलाइट Twilight IS better than harry potter and it will always

edwardxobaby posted on Nov 30, 2010 at 09:20PM
OK so like i said twilight is better than harry potter in everyway ik u potter fans are gonna start asking oh give me reasons to back up ur argument well ill tell u waht the argument is... u potter fans are just no lifers and u re just jealous of twilights success like seriously stoping hating twilight is amazing and harry potter is crap and like they dont even take showers i mean common on like seriously??they must all stink cuz i guess j.k rowling took too much time talking about all the details that she forgot to say that they went to take a shower or something like that and that is just a fact that harry potter STINKSSS!!

हैरी पॉटर बनाम ट्वाइलाइट 156 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 156

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना DracoLuver said…
hmmm
Just because Twilight won, does not mean it has solid reasons. That's a horrible thing to say. I don't wanna be mean, but I'm getting very mad at you. Just because people don't agree with you, does not mean they are wrong! You need to respect those people and their opinions! I'm pretty sure if HP won, you'd say their complete losers. That's not a good way to think and I'm afraid when you go off to college or get a job, people won't put up with your arrogant attitude.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना edwardxobaby said…
i never meant to offend hp in anyway you guys wanted a debate so i gave you a debate where two educated and grown up people that are very passioned about the series and now about it debated against each other.In this case twilight won and if you dont think they were solid reasons then that is your opinion but i wonder why it won then if they werent solid reasons
LucyP77 commented…
But we want to know your reasons एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ThePhoenixTears said…
i watched this debate a few weeks ago from the mugglenet website and i believe that the only reason why twilight won was because andrew didnt do a very good job defending harry as he should have and he didnt point out the main points why one was better than the other i also saw in the mugglenet website an article where terri schwartz from mtv weights in on the debate and i think that how she responded to the questions is how andrew should have but he failed to deliver

here is the article:

link

there is no more than i need to say about that debate everything is stated in that article
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना bri-marie said…
link do a hell of a better job defending Harry Potter in this debate then Andrew did.
This 'debate' in general was very odd:

Which film adaptation was better?
She did have some good points; there were a few plot points that Yates left out. This can be a pro and a con: the people who read the Harry Potter books aren't beat over the head with fact that they already know (a pro) but (a con) new fans, or fans who only like the movies feel, sometimes left out. Sloppy directing by Yates, or a convincing way to get people to read the books? Hmmm . . .

Cedric or Edward
I'm not sure how this proves (or disproves) the series was better? Cedric was a minor character with one pivotal point, whereas Edward is a main character. Cedric was a human wizard, Edward was a vampire. Two completely different characters with only Robert Pattinson in common. His acting wasn't even remotely the same in each movie - it was all effected by the character he played.

Edward versus Harry
Again, how does this prove which one is better? Also, Edward can read minds, but Harry's spells are in twisted Latin - how does he know what they mean? There really isn't a set answer to this - it's all subjective.

Hermione vs. Bella
I actually wrote an article about this, so I'm not going to repeat it all here. But, I have to say, both Andrew and Laura did horrible jobs in defending both their series :/

Fanbase
Loud does not equal passion. Harry Potter fans camp out as well. We go to parties celebrating midnight releases (I've attended three midnight book release parties). The difference, generally, between HP fans and Twifans is that they are louder. I don't think the true Twifans are any more or less passionate or true to their series than the HP fans are.

The Test of Time
This is another subjective question. Harry Potter and Twilight are still releasing movies, so you can't say right now who will last. We'll only know five years down the road, ten years, fifteen, which one is still hugely popular.
Although, i would like to point out that Harry Potter first came out ten years ago and is still hugely popular where Twilight seems to be fading.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना GemonkDruid said…
Edwardxoxobaby, that's just one debate. ONE DEBATE WHERE TWILIGHT WON. Find more, and maybe you'll get us off your case. MAYBE.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना AstridGoof8219 said…
Edwardxoxobaby: Okay, I know you like Twilight more than HP, and I'm okay with that. But this is just ridiculous! It's okay if you think Twilight is better, but posting a forum that says your opinion like it's a cold, hard fact and then flaming and bagging HP fans, using atrocious spelling and not using any capitalization whatsoever, doesn't prove anything and it makes you look immature.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MyronPwnsBella said…
Edwardxobaby, Twilight is NOT better than HP.

It promotes anti-feminism, promiscuity, materialism, shallowness, teen pregnancy, necrophilia, pedophilia, reckless behavior, obsession, dating abuse, bitchiness, ungratefulness, lust, stalking, apathy towards others, putting your life in mortal danger just to have a demonic kid, over a century long celibacy, being a gold digger, having no priorities outside your sparkly boyfriend, and rushing into a relationship, marriage, and parenthood.

Harry Potter promotes love, courage, friendship, endurance, kindness, being yourself, moving on after bad things happen, wisely taking time before having a bf/gf, spouse, and/or child, pregnancy at the right age, and so much more.

So really, which one's better?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना SEEKER6 said…
smirk
You know, I beleive that that is the only filmed debate I've EVER seen (and I've seen a ton of them) were Twilight has won. In most, not only do the judges choose Harry Potter but the crowd picks HP as well.

This wasn't a great debate either. Any other HP fan could be on a debate and definatly PWN Tw*l*ght. Siriously? Any other Expert video's where both have GOOD arguments from more than one person where Tw*l*ght wins?
And, just to be clear, WE ARE NOT JEALOUS OF TWILGHT. Not. At. All. Harry is ours and Twi is yours.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Ms_Mea said…
Who would be jealous of Twilight's sucess? honestly? the only reason it has so many fans is because it targets hormonal girl teenagers who crave for "true love". People should be jealous of JKR because she was able to write an amazing book that touches all ages. Simple as that :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ThePhoenixTears said…
@myronspwnsbella i freaking agree with you 100%
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना emilyroxx said…
meh
I'm not even arguing with this. It's not worth my time.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cassie-1-2-3 said…
I'm not understanding.

Are most of you guys not the "hormonal girl teenagers" you insult?
Are you different because you dislike Twilight?
^I'm not sure what you mean, Cassie.
Cassie, sure, some of us are teenage girls, but think about it: What seperates The Twilight pack and us is their craving for "true love" (or in Eddie's case, an abusive bf). Sure, everyone craves love of some sort, but a lot of us girls who like HP don't obsess over our needs to have men in our lives like SOME Twihards (Don't get mad at me Twihards, I said SOME). Most of the girls who like HP promote feminism and things like that, while some Twihards (notice the SOME) would take a beating from the man they loved if the man apologized afterwards and told her he loved her. It's simple fact
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Quaila said…
Jolly good arguments, dear edwardxobaby... NOT.
The first argument you presented (twilight is better than harry potter in everyway*) failed so spectacularly on the starting line that it actually went backwards.
Why? Because it is an empty assertion. You did nothing, absolutely nothing to actually prove your assertion. Which thus allows me to write that one off immediately. Next, instead of actually proving your case you started attacking Harry Potter fans and arrogantly presented your argumentum ad hominem as evidence for your case. Pffft, I laugh, I blatantly laugh at the provided comic relief.
After those two argumental total failures, any person versed enough in logical reasoning would retreat in shame and rethink their strategy. But no, you gallantly press on with your badly construed "arguments", I applaud your courage. Not many a person would have done that in real life.
Jealousy? My good sir or madam, what kind of argument is that? Have you proven on oaths that Harry Potter fans are actually jealous of Twilight? But does this argument make the book series inferior or superior to one another? Would the fans jealousy and thus, personal tastes shift the balance of any book's quality? No, it does not. Under an unbiased Doctor of Letters and Professor in English Literature's eyes, I would think that he or she would think of Twilight as a mess of undeveloped characters, an absence of any background story and over-reliance of special vocabulary. But of course that is my own opinion, not backed by any evidence. But then the closest thing must be the sharp dissertion Mr. Stephen King gave...

Twilight is amazing=assertion, looking for real evidence, none found. Discount from discussion and ridicule.

Showers? What in the gobsmacked Archduke of Austria's name does the quality of any book series have to do with such - mundane, if I may say so ladies and gentlemen, activities of a normal day? Further more, do you actually possess any evidence that any characters in Harry Potter did not shower? So by your logic, if any author did not explicitly mention the characters taking any shower in any book, then it must, I repeat must mean the characters went unshowered and disgusting thorought the entire book? What in the gobsmacked Queen of England's name is that for argument? Dear edwardxobaby, thank you very much for that fantastic non sequitur, I appreciated the jokes very much.
Details? So much details that Mrs. Joanne Rowling actually forgotten such an important event as Harry Potter's monumentally epic shower just before he vanquished Adolf Hitler II a.k.a. Lord Voldemort? What an ridiculous book?! How dare she forget such an event of enormous importance? Yes, I'm being blatantly sarcastic, almost to the point of being rude. I thus apologise for the transgressions of civility. But I shall continue.
What an brilliant piece of reasoning, Harry Potter stunk during his battle against Voldemort (not proven beyond reasonable doubt by the way, he may have taken an shower at the Shell Cottage, lol), therefore the Harry Potter book series is stinking of rotten fish and eggs. What a brilliantly fallacious argument, it actually shined during it's descent. Ladies and gentlemen, whether Harry Potter himself stunk or not during his last battle against Voldemort has no effect on the stinkiness of the book, which I assure your honours, with my own nose as the principal witness, that the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, or any other book of the same series did not smell any different compared to what a normal book should smell the last time I smelled it.

Ok, enough sarcasm. The point is, the smelliness of any character of any book cannot be used to adjudicate the quality of the said book. Because they are two wholly different and incompatible matters, one cannot use one to prove the other while they have no relation between each other. Why do the smelliness of a character have no relation to the quality of the book the said character belong in? Well, the principal reason is: One event is a quality of fantasy and the other is a real life quality. To use an event in fantasy to prove a real life event is in my humble opinion ridiculous.

Twilight is better than Harry Potter because it just is.
Dear edwardxobaby, you have already failed to prove your assertion and you're now having the audacity to bossily forcing your assertion onto us without proving it at all. Pardon the following language but You fail. Until you have actually proven in a court of law that Twilight has more quality than Harry Potter I shall remain adamant in my belief that Harry Potter is a better written book series.
Wow, Harry Potter is not perfect? Finally a word of truth, but then I think no Harry Potter fans have claimed that yet, or? The success of a series is of no importance to the quality, if not, then reply to my assertion that we're all deluded and maybe... Everything were all made five minutes ago with ready made memories, holes to fix in our socks, and this ridiculous debate to fight.

Relatability: Twilight is in regards of real life events, no more relatable than the event that a donkey becomes President of the United States.
I ask you fans who immediately became the most favourite girl/guy in school on your very first day to raise your hands (Twilight I believe).
I further ask the fans who have misunderstood and estranged their best friend once upon a time to raise their hands (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I believe).
Homestly, I can't relate to being the favourite girl at my school on my first day because I'm always shy on it, people even thought me as weird at first once...
Whereas I've badly misunderstood my friends quite a few times, even the person I was in love with during primary school. Now I shall sit back and enjoy this debate, lol.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना edwardxobaby said…
w.e all of you are just a bunch of snobs
First you give crap reasons, then you proceed to not rebut a good rebut to your reasons and call us names?

THIS MEANS WAR.
The following I've c&ped from an article:

TWILITE IS SOOOO MUCH BETTA THEN HARY PTTR!!!!!!!

Bullshit. According to every twihard, Stephenie Meyer is the next JK Rowling(It doesn't look that way to us.), making Twishit better then Harry Potter, despite the Potter series having a good 10 years over the infantile "Twilight Saga." This is generally supported (in the loosest sense of the term) by one of two things: either a "OMG HOW CAN U SAY NYTHING IS BETTER THAN TWILIGHT" or a "but Stephie's sold so many books!!! she's so popular!!!" (sometimes heard as "BUT ECLPSE KNOCKED DH OFF THE BESTSELLER LIST!!!!131" or "DEY HAD TO POSTPONE HBP MOVIE BCUZ OF TWILITE!!!") since the first "argument" hardly requires debunking, let us deal with the second. Unfortunately for Smeyer, quality does not equal quantity. Even more unfortunately for her, even if it did,she would be losing, because Rowling has sold over 400 million in 11 years: Meyer, not so much at 85 million since 2005. Even old-school sci-fi, usually condemned to low sales figures have outsold Breaking Dawn, with the first Dune book selling 12 million copies, not to mention the 20 other books that the Dune series has.

Or how about this: The Tales of Beedle the Bard has surpassed the total sales of Breaking Dawn (11 million books total), in only it's pre-orders. Deathly Hallows did 11 million in a single day. Math. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. Or maybe not even doing it.

The Harry Potter movie was moved to the summer, because it was planned to be a big event- it was not shoved out of the spotlight by Twilight. Because of the writer's strike WB didn't have any sure summer blockbusters; in 2008 it made nearly a billion dollars from The Dark Knight alone. However, in summer 2009 it didn't have the same guarantee of a blockbuster movie, and thus making significantly less money wouldn't appeal much to its shareholders. Since the Half Blood Prince is guaranteed to make good money, they made a (pretty smart) financial decision to release it next year. Update: As of July 15, 2009 Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince hit a world record in midnight sales. It made 21 million just from the first midnight showing. That is a feat never before seen in history.

1) General Writing

Harry Potter is a complicated story arc, set in an imaginative and internally consistent universe, played out by realistic, multifaceted characters. Twilight has little real plot beyond "OMG EDWARD <33333" , is full of consistency issues, and ignorance of scientific principles hell, just general logic, and while the characters may have multifaceted skin, their personalities are flimsier than your average well cooked spaghetti. Harry Potter has a villain who is practically pure evil; Twilight's villains are sufficiently more compelling than the heroes that the sane reader tends to root for them above the Cullens. Harry Potter is well written, with proper word use, spelling and grammar. Twilight is full of purple prose and basic mistakes, and Meyer relies excessively on words she has no clue how to use. Harry Potter is better than Twilight by a long shot.

2) Authors

Unlike Meyer, who claimed she never wanted to be a writer (obviously true, since she claimed that writing Twilight took 3 months) J K Rowling worked for years on her series before even thinking about publishing it, and it shows. She put in details, personalities, character flaws, and creativity. None of which Stephiebrat has. Stephenie wishes she was the next Rowling, but next to Jo and her charities and kind heart, Meyer just comes off as a whiny brat of a 15 year old FF.net writer with a big ego and no brains to show for it.

While comparing Meyer to J. K. Rowling, Stephen King stated, "the real difference [between J. K. Rowling and Meyer] is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer, and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

3) Research

Rowling did it. Meyer didn't.(See #2. It really does show.) Meyer had a wet dream about a guy who sparkled, and decided to write books about it, calling him a vampire. She did almost no research about vampires, excepting one google search of the internet, from which she copy-pasted a few bits of info into her manuscript, and that was it. She used biology to try to explain her vampires, but did no research into how biology actually works. She did no research on crystalline structures, geography of South America, numerous other things she refers to in her books. Harry Potter, by comparison, exhibits a blatant lack of unnecessary factual inaccuracies.

Rowling did her research. She took trips to serveral British boarding schools to find out about life inside. She brushed up on her mythology before using creatures from Greek tales. She extensively researched the real names she used in her books (ex. Nicolas Flamel and Fawkes).

4) Knowledge about their own books

Rowling has it, Meyer doesn't. Need proof? Rowling had sketched the whole Hogwarts grounds and some of the characters. She had a list of every student in the age of Harry going to Hogwarts even if they never showed up in the books. She had written the whole Weasley and Black family tree. In fact, Rowling knows so much about her story that she's planning to write an entire encyclopedia of Harry Potter just for all the stuff that didn't make it into the books (man, that takes0 some dedication). Frozen Apples prediction: That encyclopedia, if it is published, will outsell Breaking Dawn within a day.

And Meyer? She pulled numerous stories out of her ass about her characters. What background story does she have on Edward other than that he wanted to be a soldier and would have died in the spanish influenca epidemic? Yeah, nothing. And he's a MAIN CHARACTER! No explanation why he can read minds, nothing about his parents or any other relatives or friends. And the other Cullens? We barely know anything about their past, because they don't need one, right? She doesn't even explain their special abilities if they don't explain themselves (like those stupid powers of being pretty, strong and passionate). Did I remind you about Marcus' power of seeing Relationships? (And I thought I was lazy)

'5) 'The Books Themselves

“Harry Potter is about friendships, bravery and the importance of choices. Twilight is about having a boyfriend ”

~ Any sane person

On the whole, the messages and themes of Harry Potter are much more positive than those of Twilight. In Harry Potter, female characters routinely challenge sexism when they see it. All of the "good" characters try to help others as much as possible when they can, and not just themselves. For example, in New Moon , Bella does nothing to help the victims of the Volturi . She expresses no concern for them at all. Their screams do not move her in the slightest, she only cares about making out with Edward. In Deathly Hallows, Harry and his friends simply cannot sit by and watch as Muggleborns are persecuted by the Ministry of Magic. They risk their lives to release the Cattermoles and the other Muggleborns.

"BUT NOTHINGS BETTER THN TWILIGHT!!!!!!1!!"

There are an infinite number of things that are better than twilight. Harry Potter is one of them. deal with it.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ladywyze said…
hmmm, you had a point. but still, the debate will go... maybe until it really becames a war and needed the army to stop it.

Twilight and Harry potter are two good novels. each has good and bad things. but... are they going to be famous in the whole world if they weren't good enough to be likened by how many people?? i do not know which of them is better... I really don't know.

By the way, I'm a twilight fan

The first time i've watched twilight... I became impressed with it. But with the research I've conducted 'bout it(because I like it and I want to know more about it), Its image became dirtier and dirtier to me. but it was the thing that made concious about the celeb world outside our own lovablr country. My fave is still twilight, because its the reason why I've known harry potter... was because R-Pattz was part ov it.(I became curious cause the twi star was there)

that's all
think its a chaos??
^ Um... sorry? Didn't really understand that last part.
Snobs? We're snobs? We're snobs because I, GemonkDruid and other fans have totally routed your arguments - no, fallacies in favour of Twilight? My good sir or madam, are you actually so pathetically stupid that you cannot construct a single counter-argument? I lol, no actually I'm mirthed by your arrogance and stupidity. Please withdraw in shame and consult your English teacher regarding argumentation techniques.
mischievous
Exactly.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना _darklove_ said…
meh
BEFOOOORE anyone proceeds, i would like to recommend edwardoxbella(w.e) to take some GRAMMAR classes. :) AND stop her pathetic reasoning because all she is DOING is embarassing herself...
dude, You haven't even READ the books. ANYWAY, We are snobs ?? Hell yeahhh, we're snobs cause some of us TOTALLY took you down... :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना KatiiCullen94 said…
another newborn..
big smile
Wow, WE'RE snobs? hahahahaha--wait, you're not joking?
Oh God help us! it's just so sad and so funny at the same time :P it's great how when someone can't back up their arguements they go so low as to call people names :D
Well, if we're what you call a "SNOB", then I'd rather be a snob then a person who can't back up their arguements! GO BEING A SNOB!! :D
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Kiana-M-McMahon said…
hmmm
wow.
mischievous
^ Lol yeah. Me and my sister thoroughly enjoyed logically twisting the shower argument into a lot of other hilarious and disgusting conclusions.
Harry did take a shower... Well, a bath.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना AvatarPerkins said…
Oh deary.
This is quite a mess isn't it?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना justliveitlive said…
lol. No lifers? At least we are not the ones that have to write up some lame forum post just to have people listen to what we have to say.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना SerialFangirl said…
@Quaila & GemonkDruid: *Applauds*
Wow, this used to be so popular...I guess the Twihards have given up trying to convince us lol
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना merlinsbeard said…
We're jealous?! LOL. Harry Potter is ten times more successful than Twilight will ever be. Also, have you ever even read the HP books? I highly doubt it. Well if HP fans are no lifers then...

NO LIFERS FTW! :D
Exactly! High-five merlin! :D
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना SpeedyGonzalez said…
Wow you guys really shut edwardxobaby up but I did get a laugh out her ridiculous arguments.
Yes Speedy, we did :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना theighthorcrux said…
smirk
WOW haha. I am SO sorry I wasn't here 2 weeks ago.

"Edwardxobaby" is it? Oh, yeah. Just had to let you know that you are one of the biggest idiots I've seen on here. Congratulations. And since I'm NOT one, I'll give a few reasons.

1. The title: "Twilight IS better than harry potter and it will always". It will always...what? Suck? Thanks for clearing that up.

2. "OK so like i said twilight is better than harry potter in everyway". When did you say that? In the title? You never even said it was better in every way, just that it was better (which, of course, is a failure in the statement itself). Oh, by the way, a space was needed between those two words, in case you don't understand basic punctuation.

3. "ik u potter fans are gonna start asking oh give me reasons to back up ur argument". Firstly, that's not a question the way you phrased it. It's a demand. You can't "ask" a demand. Secondly, um, isn't that what a debate is? Did you expect HP fans to simply agree with you?

4. "well ill tell u waht the argument is...u potter fans are just no lifers and u re just jealous of twilights success" HAHA really?! That's an argument why the BOOK is better? That's rich, considering you're talking about the FANS and not the actual books. And why exactly do you think we have no lives? Hmm, can you show me proof? Nope? Didn't think so. And, trust me, I am in no way "jealous" of Twilight, or the fact that you lost so badly in your own argument.

5. "like seriously stoping hating twilight is amazing and harry potter is crap" Thanks for giving reasons to back that up. This statement in itself is laughable, considering you're comparing a painfully unimaginative series about a "love" story between two equally unlikable characters in a controlling, obsessive relationship and an enchanting story filled with courage, perseverance, magic, adventure, determination, love, spirit, and fearlessness. Yeah, you sure proved your point there.

6. "and like they dont even take showers i mean common on like seriously??they must all stink cuz i guess j.k rowling took too much time talking about all the details that she forgot to say that they went to take a shower or something like that" So...again, proof? F***ing idiot. How do you KNOW they don't take showers? They mentioned the baths at least a few times in the series. Perhaps J.K. Rowling doesn't feel the need to bore her readers to death by describing every time the characters perform mundane tasks of everyday life. Hmm, yeah, you're right, J.K. Rowling was too busy describing their great battles and friendships to describe minute details like "taking a shower." Dear God, you're stupid.

7. "and that is just a fact that harry potter STINKSSS!!". Which fact? Oh, the terrible "shower" argument? I thought that was a joke. Here's how you actually present reasons to prove your statement:
-Twilight sucks because: The characters are boring, there is absolutely no plot, the books are terribly written, it sends horrible messages to the readers, Smeyer spends her time describing the stupidest details, oh and this should go into the rest: link

Please learn how to type before you try and dis one of the greatest series ever written.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Renarimae said…
hmmm
edwardxobaby: Wow, you really are so immature.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cobragirl said…
And-like and-like and-like
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना rhohani27 said…
blush
This freakin' twitard is lucky i'm not in the mood to lash out at anyone today. So instead, I invited my cousins who, like me, are devoted Harry Potter fans, to read her arguments, and believe me, WE HAD THE TIME OF OUR LIVES, laughing our heads off at her lousy attempts to defent twilight.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना rhohani27 said…
***defend, sorry. :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना frankthe2nd said…
mischievous
Well at least I can say that I got a good laugh out of this.

edwardxobaby? Better luck next time.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MalfoyLove37 said…
angry
WOW Well first of all, a good GRAMMAR lesson would do you some good. But putting that aside, I think that all of you Harry Potter fans should be ashamed. The fact that you sank to her level in the first place is down right sickening to me. Look, I don't know how this whole war between Harry Potter and Twilight started considering that they are NOTHING alike, but I think it's gone to far. It's no longer a matter of opinion. If something as small as "I like Twilight better than Harry Potter" is said, then a huge uproar starts and it just isn't needed. Now, that under NO circumstaces means that edwardxobaby is right. Now I'm speaking directly to you, edwardxobaby, You can have your opinion without calling people including myself uneeded and immature names like snobs and no lifers. You can like Twilight better without dissing Harry Potter. I'm sick of the fact that there seems to just have to be an issue. And just so all of you people know, you are ALL contributing this issue.

By the way, I would really love it if no one attcked me for this.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MeLikeyHermione said…
sad
Until you improve your grammar, then I will respond. Your introduction is just WOW!!!
hmmm
Just for the record, I'm in 8th grade and I live in America. Trust me. Most 8th graders and 9th graders I know can spell. So can high schoolers I know. By the way, MalfoyLove37..... awesome agrument. I completely agree but I believe they thought she needed to be put in her place. Considering that she acted extremely arrogant and troll-like. But I could be wrong so whatever. Okay, now I'll leave and stop arguing (or disscusing whatever you prefer) a question that probably will never be answered. Buh-bye.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना PazzSkittles said…
Yeah, so I just want to say a few things here. Okay , first of all , all your reasons why Twilight is better than Harry Potter are all rubbish, you asked us Harry Potter fans for pure facts yet you don't bother to look any up yourself ? You know that if you DID look into more detail about this you would relise that Harry Potter is ALOT better than Twilight.

Stephen King, you might of heard of him, probably not because you just stalk Edward Cullen on the internet all day instead of actually reading some GOOD literature. Anyways, here is a direct quote from Stephen King who is an amazing writer ;

“Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.”
― Stephen King

Yeah I'm pretty sure that once a very intelligent writer who actually understands the concept of Harry Potter [which you clearly didn't] says that Harry Potter is faar better than Twilight , you know twilight sucks.

Also , twilight has just as many haters as it does lovers so yeah , cut. also there was no true love between Bella and Edward , and if you bothered to notice , Bella had just seen Edward in one class and thought she was in love , and she would not stop talking about his beauty , so when you say 'even if edward was ugly bella would still love him' yeaah .. she didn't even know the kid and she was following him around like some kind of creepy stalker.

he always tried to get away from her , and the only reason he saved her from that van that was about to hit her [ because i know if you haven't used that as a reason why Twilight is better you are probably gonna use it soon] was because if her blood was spilt he wouldn't be able to stop himself from licking it off the floor [ and you say Harry Potter stinks *shakes head]

Kristen Stewert can't act , and Robert Pattionson hated playing Edward . p.s Edward Cullen just Harry Potter's left overs after we didn't want him , yep , burn.

Also Twilight is horribly written , and i would know since i have unfortunetly read the book [ its terrible by the way] the first Harry Potter book took YEARS to be written and it shows , while Twilight was written in a few short months by s house wife who had nothing better to do with her time. SMeyer pretty much just wrote a really boring fanfiction :/ and for some reason it was published .

The protaganist , who looks exactly like SMeyer is a total bitch , and she thinks the whole bloody world revolves around Edward , and umm .. please tell me what boys you know that like Twilight ? you probably sit around all day at school with your two close , annoying whiny friends discusing how 'perfect' Edward is , and everyone else in your class is sick of you guys and try to ignore you as much as possible.

it honestly makes me laugh how truley moronic you are, i mean really ! saying twilight is 'realistic' i mean seriously ?! Harry Potter is classified as 'fiction' do you know what that means?! it means not real idiot , and how is a plain annoyiong bitch who thinks she top shit falling inlove with a vampire, than when shes engaged to that vampire cheating on him with her werewolve pal [who turns out to be a shapeshifter , like what ?!] seriously , if you honestly look deeper into the Harry Potter Series you would relise that the pureblood / mudblood recisim , how harry felt lonely and how he had to grow up fast , like most children nowadays , and how teenage life isnt always easy and perfect [like how they try to portray in twilight] and how NOT having a boyfriend is NOT the worst thing that can ever happen to you.

10 years on and still going strong , i am in year seven and i read Harry Potter in January , i read all seven of them all through January and i became an avid reader thanks to Harry Potter , and now i want to be a writer , to writer fantastic stories like Harry Potter , and i hope that if a book i write does get relesed , it will be as influentual as Harry Potter , i cannot say the same about Twilight.

i know alot of Twilight fans only like twilight because of how 'hot' Edward and jacob are [they're not ] and honestly boys shouldnt be as 'perfect' as Edward is described to be.

and don't worry i will be back to give even MORE reasons as to why Harry Potter is fantastic and hwo Twilight makes me weep for the future of literature :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना phoenixwand said…
Twilight was never even in the same league as Harry Potter, forget about being better!!!

Lets see some of the 'facts' (We, HP fans, like facts):

Harry vs Edward: Harry is a loyal friend, he is funny, he gets irrationaly angry a lot of times (human error, a must for protaganist of the series as any 'mature' writer will tell you), even he has his moments of crush on Cho, when he falls for Ginny it is not she smells awesome but he likes her as a person. Edward on the other hand is the most awefully 'lacking personality' character in the history of novels! Like what are his persoanlity traits? That he is as-HAAAAWWWt-as-the-day-gets and he is freakkkkkkin' good at everythng he does coz you know he is the 'HERO'? eeeeeewwww! and by the by, stalking the girl you think smells perfect, breaking your girlfriend's truck so that she cant meet her freinds, kidnapping her are NOT romantic things but quite scary actually.

Bella vs any charatcer of HP: Bella thinks Edward is hot, good looking, price of the prince, good looking, marble cut face, good looking, amber eyed, velvet voiced, good looking, rich, sexy vapire with flawwwwwwwwwless skin, and oh yea...GOOODLOOKING!!! umm did anytime she mention liking him for anything else except for looks? How shallow can anyone get!! whats more troublesome is SMeyer thinks it is okay for teens to fall in 'love' based on just looks! Bella has no personality whatsoever, she jumps down cliff NOT for adventure (as many twifans say), but to hear her beloved, good looking, angel like Edward's velvey silk smitten voice, she uses Jacob as a filler whenever Edward is not around, she kisses Jacob when she is engaged to Edward, she lets other people fight for her as long she and her Eddy poo are safe, she is the most selfish person on the face of this earth. In HP, Hermione has human errors like being a know-it-all, being li'l stubborn which makes her character believable. But she is fiercely loyal, she cares for her parents, when Ron leaves her, she didnt go jumping of cliffs nor did she toy around with Harry's feeling or snog him. Ginny is an awesome quidditch player, she is confiedent, she does not make Harry run her life and when Harry says he has to fight Voldemort, she doesnt cry like a bitch. Luna has her own values, she believes in them, she cares for her friends and is one of the most inspiring side-character in literature.

Villains: Oh I mean really? Auro? Italian Shimmer Disco Balls DO NOT MAKE VILLAINS!! It'd be an insult to Voldemort to even be compared to Twilight Villains!

Smeyer would never ever be able to create an awesome, most layered, loathable yet pittiable, simply freakkin galliant character like Severus Snape!

You could go on and on writing about Dumbeldore, Fred and George, Mrs Weasly, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Dobby, Neville,Rita Skeeter, Bellatrix, Mad Eye Moosy, Umbridge and sooooooooo many other characters of HP. That is called brilliant writing. Twilight on the other hand is all about two sexy (matter of opinion, I think Edward is the creepiest) hunks and a damsel is distress. What do we know of Alice, Jasper, Angela, Mike..NOTHING!! Becuase Smeyer thinks she is Bella and through her book she is living the unfulfilled fantasy that 'the world revolves around her'!! Self obsessed much?

Writing of Harry Potter is way better than that of Twilight. (And this is not matter of opinion, anyone with even slight knowledge of literature will tell you that.)

If you like Twilight, perfectly fine, just do not make random, baseless statements saying it is better than Harry Potter!