हैरी पॉटर बनाम ट्वाइलाइट The Many Plot Holes of Twilight

han-han posted on Apr 24, 2010 at 03:57AM
Plot holes are to Stephenie Meyer's works as fish are to water. So, how many plot holes can you find?

I'll start you off. My friend and I, crazychlo, were thinking one afternoon and a thought crossed our minds.

If Edward has no pulse, how can he get and erection and therefore impregnate Bella? That confused us and we spent several ours after scratching our heads.

हैरी पॉटर बनाम ट्वाइलाइट 227 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 227

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना VampiresRevenge said…
laugh
Haha, though it's actually I.S.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना GemonkDruid said…
Actually, it's: I.M.S. for I M Sh*t.
Was going to think of something else clever to use with I.M.S., but had no luck. *tries to find clever button on self*
Oh yeah! Uh-huh! Who's the queen of the lab?!
laugh
Hahaha, I guess you are.
Woo-hoo!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ChocAttack266 said…
RE Bella's language as a teenager: Yes, there are teenagers that know the meaning of the word "chagrin" and use it in conversation, but I don't think there would be that many teenagers that use words like "scintillating" or "incandescent" in their everyday chats.
^ You would be surprised. Plus, stress on the word "many," she could just not be in the category of the many, and actually use those words.
tongue
'Kay, here's another plot-hole: The Cullens have their own island. I know, I know, They're all extremely rich, but Carlisle is the only one making money, and on a doctor's salary. Doesn't a island cost, like, I don't know, 10 billion dollars?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ChocAttack266 said…
Another plot hole which may or may not have been picked up already on this forum:

In Breaking Dawn, when Bella wakes up for the first time as a vampire, she describes being able to "see dust motes and an eighth colour on the end of the spectrum" and how she is able to hear all the way to the freeway. Sensory overload aside (even though such a high level of assault on the senses would probably have extremely damaging impacts), how is it that she is able to hear everything down to the freeway, yet Alice and Jasper were unable to hear her on the phone to James in the next room?
^ Perhaps Alice and Jasper were "busy"... ;)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Amy3422 said…
I didn't have a problem with Bella's dialogue, but I found the way she acts as a vampire a little hard to believe.
Much of the series is spent talking about how hard it is for vampires to resist human blood, and it is established that it's almost impossible if that vampire is a newborn. Yet, somehow Bella doesn't have much of a problem with it. She's able to be around humans all the time. This seems like a pretty obvious cop-out, to make the characters' lives easier.
^ But Bella is a Mary-Sue, who is by definition, perfect...
"De Bum"? Vair French. And no, it isn't the "bum". It's the shit that comes out of it.

And it's a little foolish coming to a forum finding Twilight's flaws, while you think it's the "bum".

And who the hell is Dit and why do you "LUVZ" him/her/it?

And what's the point of that cat? Is it chagrined?
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना venvargie said…
sad
Ignore her, GemonkDruid.
She's been spamming all day.
You should see the question she posted and what she posted on the "1000 reasons why Harry Potter is better than twilight" forum. Good lord...
And I think she means she "loves it" when she said "LUVS DIT".
Sorry. My ridiculing defenses come up whenever some moron spammer comes into my territory. :P
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना LoveforSeverus said…
She's right. Twilight is a bum.
tongue
And the crap that comes outta it.
laugh
And what's the point of that cat? Is it chagrined?

Laughed harder than I should have at this.
Yes! YES! I have made the unbreakable VampiresRevenge laugh! XD
wink
^ I'm unbreakable? I learn something new about myself everyday...
Link: link

Does it dazzle you? ;)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना potterrox said…
oh yes! I'm dazzled! and hannatwilight- just.... stop it
Muahaha...
I thought at first that someone had actually bedazzled a bug. *facepalm*
... I re-iterate. Mua. ha. HA!!!

Link: link
Haha, he does sort of look like that llama. Speaking of Taylor, my brother says that he has a weird nose. *shrugs*
I think his abs are always photoshopped. Hmmm, maybe they are...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ToyletGnome said…
Taylor Lautner does have a weird nose, and I've been wondering why I think it looks weird, but that picture figured it out for me...

He stole his nose from an alpaca! *dundunduuuuuuun*

This isn't really a plot hole, more of just a fail at writing. She makes a semi-big deal about the true parentage of Embry (I think... correct me if I'm wrong) and how his birth is some huge scandal on the reservation, then she was just like "Oh, I dunno who his dad is. Fuck it, if I reveal his biological father it'll mess up my perfect Meyerland, so I'll just pretend I never said anything and ignore the beginnings of ALL my subplots. That way, everything's perfect, and I've still got enough material so, if I ever blow my moolah on Neverland Ranch, I can come back and use teenage girls as cash cows... again... Yay!"

I mean, WTF? Why would she shove in a pointless bit of crap if she wasn't going to tell us what it was. Epic fail, Smeyer. Epic fail.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना crazychlo said…
I'm not too sure whether this is a plot hole or just more bad writing on behalf of Smeyer. In New Moon, when Bella, Edward and Alice are leaving the Volturi, they pass a group of innocent men, women and CHILDREN knowing that they are about to being killed and drained of their blood. I can kind of understand why Bella might not do anything out of the fear of being killed, but the fact that she does not feel guilty about it beyond me. ONE nightmare does not mean she feels guilty, in reality if you were the only thing stopping a hole group of innocent people from walking into their deaths (literally), it would haunt you for the rest of your life. Instead all she feels guilty about is how she hurt her poor Jacob. Cry me a freaking river.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना DracoLuver said…
^ I agree with you. And the fact that the Cullens COULD have done something, but knowing that the Volturi could over-power them, they didn't. Like, Edward is just saying "I'm sorry you had to see that." ... If i were Bella i would have been like "I'm sorry that your too weak to stand up to them, and save those innocent people." .. hmm haha .. Someone already said this, but we should make a book about the plot holes.
Yeees... and we shall entitle it "Why didn't anyone notice this? WHY?"
*bump*
"Someone already said this, but we should make a book about the plot holes."

That was me. xD
And I lol'd at the bug thing, whoever posted it.
*goes to prop them*
Thanks for the prop!
smile
"Thanks for the prop!"

You're welcome!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना souflizzle317 said…
Okay, I'm joining this forum a little late, but I love it :)

@TeamSiriusBlack, this was really long time ago (back on page 2 of this I think haha) but you said something about no one noticing the Volturi killing all those people. I'm just adding to that, aside from the people living in Volterra not noticing it, wouldn't all the families of the tourists be suspicious about their relatives never coming home? And that's a lot of tourists and families....

I don't remember who said this, but someone mentioned that Jacob shouldn't imprint on Renesmee because she's half-vampire and that's just wrong. Again, I'm adding to that :) Smeyer states QUITE clearly that werewolves imprint on a person who is a good match to carry on the werewolf gene through reproduction. If Renesmee is going to stop changing at age seven and live basically as a vampire forever, she's not going to be able to become pregnant (the whole body-changing thing). So, if Jacob's werewolfness wants to imprint on someone who can carry on the gene, why the hell did he imprint on a girl who won't be able to get pregnant?

And finally, a reason of my own :) The Volturi come in Eclipse and murder Bree for pretty much no reason. She was a newborn, and just doing what newborns do. If the Volturi killed every newborn, there wouldn't be any vampires left and they would have no one to be "king" of. So, if they kill Bree heartlessly like that, why did they let Bella (a human who threatened their secrecy) live? Maybe there's an explanation out there, but I just find it kind of hypocritical and messed up on the Volturi's part.

Oh, and @VampiresRevenge: THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're the first sane, decent, willing to debate politely Twilight fan (I'm assuming you're a Twilight fan?) I've ever met and your debates are really refreshing and well thought out :)
^Answers to all three of those questions: Meyer's a moron.
"^Answers to all three of those questions: Meyer's a moron."

This this this this THIS!
smirk
Yeah, I always know what to say. :D
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ilovereading said…
Vampires are supposedly the "most beautiful cratures to bless the Earth with walking on its surface". Every human is naturally atracted to them and has tendency to think they are super hot. Meyer made it quite obvious that dating a vampire is a dream of every non-mental person.
But we all know beauty is subjective and people have different tastes in what kind of look is hot. So there is just no way a vampire could be good looking for anyone who ever layed eyes on him/her. Its not perfection to be model-like to all. To most, but not to all.
So Meyer was (once again) wrong.
^Exactly. My type is quite different.
^ So is mine.
I'm not really into sparkly fairy douchebags myself.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना FredWRules said…
I'm more into Weasleys... I'd even go out with PERCY if I had the chance... (if I brought ear-plugs XD)
hmmm
Vampires are supposedly the "most beautiful cratures to bless the Earth with walking on its surface". Every human is naturally atracted to them and has tendency to think they are super hot. Meyer made it quite obvious that dating a vampire is a dream of every non-mental person.
But we all know beauty is subjective and people have different tastes in what kind of look is hot. So there is just no way a vampire could be good looking for anyone who ever layed eyes on him/her. Its not perfection to be model-like to all. To most, but not to all.
So Meyer was (once again) wrong.

I think it was more of the aura that they gave off, like how Edward "dazzled" or whatever. They have a certain grace about them that makes them beautiful. At least, that's how I read it.

And I don't think that it said in the book that it was the dream of every human to date them, because how the heck could it be a fantasy to date vampires if the humans have no idea that the vampires exist?
"Dazzled"? HAHAHAHAHA... pun.
You know what, I'm in a good mood so I think I'll DEFEND a Twilight plot hole for once.

Remember how Bella, when she first woke up as a vampire, could hear all the way into the freeway but in the first book Jasper and Alice couldn't hear her on the phone in the other room?
Well, remember how newborns in the book are said to be a little stonger then normal vampires when first turned? Maybe it's the same with the senses too?

I feel proud being nice to Twilight for once..
Great. :D
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना dot17 said…
Hahaha, I've read all these plot holes and a lot of them I'm glad other people noticed! But I've been searching and can't find anyone who has mentioned this:
In New Moon and Eclipse, it is mentioned SEVERAL times that not only can Alice not see the werewolves' future, she can't see the future of herself or others when they are even anywhere near her. (example: "The werewolves are on their way, so she can't see anything that will happen now. It makes her uncomfortable to be blind." ***Alice, though the FARTHEST FROM US, heard his low voice.) And yet, the wolves and the vampires are in their little meeting to prepare for the newborn vamp attack, and Jasper assures Bella that Alice is not in any danger because she USES HER VISION to see her enemy's next move. HOW CAN SHE SEE ANYTHING WHEN THE WOLVES ARE WITH THEM? Maybe that's easily explained-the wolves are just watching Jasper and Alice, and in no way interfering. But even if you buy that, there is no way that she would be able to use her vision to fight in the huge battle that takes place between the werewolves, the Cullens and the newborns, because it would be mayhem. In fact, the trailer of Eclipse shows Alice doing some kind of Matrix backflip shit over a werewolf. Any thoughts?

***I figured I might as well address another mistake while I'm at it-sorry venvargie, even though you're trying to be nice to Twilight, I have to say I disagree :p
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना TeamSiriusBlack said…
mischievous
(IDK if I wrote this yet...)
Dear Meyer,
If the first 200 pages or so are of Bella trying to find out what Edward is, and it's suppose to be mysterious, it would't be a good idea to slap it on the back of the book.
-Sincerely,
Mystery Novels