हैरी पॉटर बनाम ट्वाइलाइट Harry Potter Battle Plans: For Those Who Hate Twilight

LilysLittleTwin posted on Dec 14, 2009 at 10:10PM
I don't want to mess up '1000 reasons why Harry Potter is better than Twilight', so here it is! Basically, Mrs-Grint, DracoLove777, dobbyssocks, me, and others have made a battle plan to knock the Twihards down a few pegs. All Harry Potter fans are welcome here, though.

This is the pledge to become a Phoenix Fighter:

'I solemly swear that I will do my best to protect others from the Twazi regime. I will never go over to the Disco Balls and betray my Order of the Potters heritige. Harry Potter is better than Twilight, not the other way around. I swear to protect what is left of the Vampire Fiction genre from Twilight and it's followers. I will remain loyal to Bram Stoker, Susan B. Anthony, and any other that worked tirelessly, only to have their work destroyed because of Twilight. Mischeif Managed.'
last edited on Jun 09, 2010 at 03:59AM

हैरी पॉटर बनाम ट्वाइलाइट 4897 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1801-1850 of 4897

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना BellaCullen96 said…
This is very irrelevant, but I just took a picture of a humpless camel, cuz it looks like a llama :P
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Mrs-Grint said…
Lily/Remus? Eh, I suppose that could be good. I've only just noticed how I'm a fan of just one CANON couple: Harry and Ginny. Odd, because it's canon love! How can anyone not like canon love?! Fanfiction has corrupted my canon-loving.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना hermys_cat12 said…
big smile
i believe ron and hermione are cuter couple than harry and ginny. now THEY are a canon couple.

p.s. i am awesome... (don't ask...:)...)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ToyletGnome said…
I love canon couples too, especially Romione.

Ooh! In the spirit of the versus spot, let's list Twilight couples we like!

Umm... uhhh... Yeaaaah.
Actually, I like Leah and Jacob... but I could never read it because Twilight romance fanfiction is always love is always imprinting or "I love you now for no apparent reason."
About the Lily/Remus, I always see them as having quite similar personalities, and the way Remus talks about her makes it seem like they were very good friends... I dunno, I think they might just fit.

I've read this really good Twilight fanfiction (written by an anti), and I think if this happened the story would've been SOO much better.
link

READ IT!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ChocAttack266 said…
If you watch the PoA movie, and skip to the scene with Harry and Remus on that bridge, it does seem like they were a couple at one point. Like Taylor said, the way he talks about her is an indication - then he says "And your father, James..." in a casual, throw-away tone. This always annoyed me, because James was meant to be one of his best friends, but he talks about Lily for ages and THEN mentions James.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ronald_weasley said…
i just had the misfortune to read twilight for the first time and by the 300th page i was about start hitting my against the wall. however, i read DH instead.

and now im going to crucio bella the Cullens and smeyer then im going to use fiendfyre on them while making the fangirls watch
ronald_weasley: You should finish Twilight. I know it's painful to read - believe me, the week in which I read the books was one of the worst I've ever had. However, if you finish the book/s, you will be able to argue against Twitards using actual examples from the books. Since a significant majority of them haven't bothered with HP, they have nothing to work with. And arguing against Twitards, and then winning, gives one a very rewarding feeling.
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
^ So true.

AJ, that's the scene that made me think of it. Maybe I'll write a Lily/Remus fic (what's their couple name? Remly, Limus, Lilpin? I dunno) when I'm done with the other one. Speaking of the other one, I should probably go write some, but I'm about to go out. I'll do it later.

Come on guys. READ THE FANFICTION LINK I POSTED IN COMMENT #1806! It's so much better than Smeyer's version.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना AprilCandy42 said…
^ Just read it, it's much better than Smeyer's Twilight.

OH NO!!! Sorrry! I burned the LOTR book! FORGIVE ME! I HAVE DONE A DEADLY SIN!!! I though it was a frickin' Twilight book! ARGHHH!!! Though we did give it a proper burial. *eats more cheese and crackers*
Yes, imprinting. Stupid term, like lust. Everyone now uses imprinting because it's shorter than "love at first sight" but what's the point.

I am a baaaaadd person for burning the *gulp* book, by accident. Just don't kill me please! :O

@BellaCullen96: Can you post the pic of the humpless camel? I'd like to see it!
Togo hon dad, Legolas!

*Legolas is too busy applying eyeliner to respond*

Ah, screw it. *nocks an arrow and points it at AprilCandy42*

Unless you were looking at a certain edition of The Two Towers (or any of the books in that edition), it's practically impossible to mistake a LoTR book for a Twilight one. However, given that you are a Phoenix Fighter, I will not kill you. *lowers bow* Do it again, though, and you will be banished to Minas Morgul.
Taylor, I did read that fic. It was much better than Meyer's; it actually made Bella likeable and mature.

You also just posted the phrase "I'll do it later" in regard to your fanfic, where you knew full well your editor would read it. That was a bad idea, darling; I've just established that I have Elvish weaponry.
*eats cheese and crackers again* YAY! THANKS!!!
AJ, oh shit, I forgot about that. In any case, you won't have backup... Legolas is too busy painting his toes and Aragorn is down at the pub bragging about his enormous sword.

I almost lost my handbag today and it had my hardback copy of FOTR in it. *shame*

So who wants to kill Smeyer?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना LilysLittleTwin said…
I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना LilysLittleTwin said…
1818! Hehehe. LOSERS! WOOOO!!
DAMN YOU IZZY!

Rob's left nipple: opinions.

It looks really funny.
Taylor, I do have backup. I have Elrond's sons.

What is with you Phoenix Fighters showing such disrespect towards Lord of the Rings books? I might just leave the Order of the Potters.
Noooo!!!! We luvv LoTR!!!!!!! Dooo Nooot Leeeaaavvvve!!! *begs*

Oh My God, I WANT TO KILL Smeyer!!! AND BURN HER IN HELL!!! *evil laugh*

*caps rape not intended*
Hmm. I will confer with Galadriel.

*twenty minutes later* Very well, I will stay. A warning: one more anti-LoTR act (whether it be "verbal" - i.e. written - or a physical act against the books/movies) and the person that committed it will be hurled into Orodruin.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Mrs-Grint said…
big smile
That fanfiction...was *sob* BOOTIFUL.

I've never actually read LoTR, but if it's the top of 100 Best Fantasy Books then it must be good (Harry Potter being second). Hehe.
DOC MARTENS ARE SO COOL! <3
^ I've been reading LotR (VERY slowly) and so far v. good. I've seen the movies three times, which is a good thing. Without them, I don't think I ever would've gotten past that bloody trek to Bree. It took sooooooo long (and don't deny it AJ, it was rather boring. Thank god it was cut from the movie).

Speaking of Bree, let us move on from "the awesome Bree" and discuss "that twatface Bree". The one with the stupid novella. WASTE OF PAPER!
What bit are you up to, Taylor? Yes, the trek to Bree was boring, but don't deny that Fatty Bolger made the trip funny. Plus the Old Forest scene, the Barrow-wight and Tom Bombadil. (Hear that, Jackson?)
All this LotR stuff is confusing me. Maybe I'll read it sometime...
AJ, okay, there were some good bits, but the majority was boring and it would've slowed down the movie a LOT.
Umm... I'm up to chmrrrmmptrrrmmelerrmrmvnrmrm. Okay, fine, Chapter 11. I told you I was reading it really slowly. DAMN YOU FANPOP AND RIDDIKULUS FANFICTION THAT HAS PUT ME OFF READING FOR A VERY LONG TIME!

I think it all comes down to the length of the exposition. Harry Potter's are all very long, but are consistently interesting, Lord of the Rings are longer and alternate between boring, interesting and awesome... and then we have Twilight. I'm pretty sure 99% of book 1 was exposition. When did the plot come along? Page 300-and-something, I think. IT'S ONLY A 400 PAGE BOOK!
Chapter 11? You mean to say that you haven't even met Glorfindel yet?
... maaaaaybe.

Sorry, I've been avoiding narratives ever since that *shudder* fanfiction. Remus got Hermione pregnant. I AM SCARRED FOR LIFE, WOMAN!
Remus/Hermione pisses me off almost as much as Snape/Hermione. Seriously, what is the reasoning behiind Snamione?
Oh wait; fanfiction doesn't need to make sense. *facepalm*
My first fanfic made no sense at all
Haha. Mine probably won't either. Ah well. What was yours about?
It was about Snape and Harry meeting at a McDonald's...

AH! I just found out that my friend that I haven't seen in like a year requested tickets for the same day! I hope we both get tickets!! :D
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Athiya said…
Speaking of Fanfic, I was surfing on Fanfiction.net and found a HP Fanfic on why Dumbledore likes lemon drops so much. Thinking there might be more stories on this, I typed in "Dumbledore lemon". Needless to say, I didn't know that lemons meant sex stories, so I read one of them and was very much scarred. Ah, well. I was young :p

/rant over
Ahaha. I didn't know that "lemon" meant "sex story" for a very long time.

Sarah, I like that idea (of Snape and Harry meeting at a McDonald's) a lot. I can imagine it happening.

EDIT: Post 1836 is cool, because 36 is 18 multiplied by 2.

And when I wrote that, my clock read 11:22. Win.
I'm rewatching Alex Reads Twilight. I'd forgotten how damn funny it is - I'm having to stuff tissues into my mouth to stifle my laughter (yes, Taylor, I'm doing it again), i.e. prevent my parents from hearing me.
I love Alex's videos! He's hilarious! :D
I know! That "patience quota" thing actually had me spitting the tissues out because I was laughing so hard. (I did this the first time I watched it - spat out the tissues and laughed until it hurt, that is. I guess I'll never learn :P)
^ I know. I also love the ones he does on song lyrics.

Athiya, WHY THE LEMON DROPS? I hate how he likes lemon drops in the US editions almost as much as the title Sorcerer's Stone.
1. PHILOSOPHER'S
2. SHERBET LEMON

Screaming fit over. Page 1839 is cool because...
When divided by 3 it equals 613 which is, umm, the birthday of a girl at school (if you lay it out the American way) and it's also the number 13... with a 6 in front.
EDIT: Dammit AJ! You ruined that whole thing up there.

1840 is special because... I dunno.
"WHY DOES NOTHING PLEASE YOU?!"
Love that! XD

Nice way of, er, making 1839 special, Taylor
^ I try.

"Hello, welcome to the Neri-corner, where every day is Alex Day."
Yeeah. That explanation of why 1839 sailed over my head completely. Sorry, Taylor.

But Alex is win. "My mate calls at 11 in the morning and I go 'I'm really busy, can you call later?' Then he calls back at night and I go 'What the fuck do you want?' because I've used up my patience quota."
Wait a minute, Taylor - you're online at three in the morning (over there) but you weren't available half an hour ago? I'm confused.
HOLY SHIT! IS IT 3AM?

You liar, it's only 2.12am. Gawd.

Umm... why was I offline? Oh yeah, I was responding to Renesmee_XD's new article in a lot of detail.
Taylor, are you watching The Eleventh Doctor: Reviewed?

"Here is the final message of the video, so take i─ My hand looks massive! Rrah! Perspective! Rrrah!!"

"And that is how Nerimon 'C's it. *snort*"
Well, it's 12:15 AM over here now. Is Sydney still on DST?
It's 12:16 PM here
Yes, Sydney still has daylight savings. I can tell because the FoxTel in Perth is still playing shows at ridiculous times. In other words, The Simpsons only goes until 11am on weekends instead of 12pm. Yeah, I need a life.

Sooooooo... how was everyone's day?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Athiya said…
Just learnt that Twilight had one more book besides its' encyclopedia thingy. "The Second Life of Bree Tanner" -- which is basically a novella about that Bree girl from Eclipse.

Page 75! :D

Yeah, we heard about that book. Siriusly, who CARES about Bree?!