फेंटसी आर्ट कल्पना Art Game: Picture search!

fanfly posted on Sep 29, 2009 at 02:57PM
Rules:
The first person picks something (ie a black dragon) and the next person has to find a picture of it. Then that person picks something and so on. Obviously the picture has to be something fantasy related but if you want to name something mundane (ie dog) you can and it will be up to the next person to find a fantasy image of it.

Please try to credit the artist and leave a link back to the site where you found the picture.

I'll start!

A black dragon.
last edited on Sep 29, 2009 at 03:04PM

फेंटसी आर्ट 137 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 137

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Asvini said…
smirk
Cool idea :)
I found this one by Clyde Caldwell, here's the site I got it from:
link

Ok next how about a dark/sinister looking mermaid? I've always loved mermaids but only ever seem to see really cutesy images of them.
 Cool idea :) I found this one द्वारा Clyde Caldwell, here's the site I got it from: http://www.clydecaldw
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना fanfly said…
I love how the dragon is spitting acid!

This one is by Keith Thompson (known as Keithwormwood on DeviantArt), who is so incredibly talented. Click on the picture to get a closer look- it's worth it!
link

Next up: Cerberus, the 3 headed dog that guards the gates of Hades
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
 I प्यार how the dragon is spitting acid! This one is द्वारा Keith Thompson (known as Keithwormwood on Dev
Wow, that mermaid is great. Definetly not overly cutesy! Speaking of cutesy you can't imagine how tempted I was to put one of the many adorable chibi versions of Cerberus I found. Isntead of the adorable ones I went with this by Laura Csajagi, which I got from here:
link

Next how about one with a character sitting on a throne
 Wow, that mermaid is great. Definetly not overly cutesy! Speaking of cutesy आप can't imagine how tem
Chibi Cerberus! Ooh now I'm going to have to go look some up. lol
I looked at the link and I love Laura's work- I was tempted to use that pic of the guy with the sword sitting on the throne but decided to look around first!
So I found one by Michael Whelan, at his official site.
link

Next up: A figure with mechanical wings.
 चीबी Cerberus! Ooh now I'm going to have to go look some up. लोल I looked at the link and I प्यार Lau
smile
I love how chilled the guy on the skull throne looks. He's like "So, sat here on my skull chair, just killed a few chicks...I wonder what time KFC opens?" :)

This was a weird one, I found more actual people wearing mechanical wings than drawings. This is by Annika Freyah Nilsen and I got it here:
link

Next: a female cyclops
 I प्यार how chilled the guy on the skull सिंहासन looks. He's like "So, sat here on my skull chair, just
That's a good one, Asvini! Haven't seen too many female cyclops around. When I went looking, I found a few girls dressed in Cyclops (from X-Men) costumes. LOL But then I remembered seeing this cool pic by a great artist on DA so I hunted that down.

NomeEdonna (I don't know their real name)
link

Next: A non-cutesy fairy
 That's a good one, Asvini! Haven't seen too many female cyclops around. When I went looking, I found
smile
I really like that cyclops. Also I like that it's an unexpected way to draw a cyclops since most people draw them as ogre like creatures.
When I read non cutesy fairy my first instinct was to look for something by Brian Froud but I decided to try to find something less familiar. With hindsight maybe I should've just gone with Froud, it would have saved me from looking at a ton of images so sugary I'm pretty sure they could give someone diabetes. My cat walked away in disgust. Well, ok maybe that had more to do with me running out of food for him to attempt to steal, but I like to believe it was because he was sick of all the sweet fairies. I mean, I can really like some sweet and pretty art but wow.
I eventually found this by David Bolt. I got it from:
link

Next, a character/creature in a cage
 I really like that cyclops. Also I like that it's an unexpected way to draw a cyclops since most peop
I agree- I sometimes like sweet fairies too but eventually you go into diabetic shock and need something with a little edge to it. I like this one- it has a very surreal feel to it.

Here's something a little different. A bit of 3D art by Joanna Thomas (Inchelina on DeviantArt). This wasn't what I had in mind when I started looking but it really caught my attention.
link

Next: A character/creature climbing or sitting in a tree.
 I agree- I sometimes like sweet परियों too but eventually आप go into diabetic shock and need someth
smile
That reminds me of one of my aunties (because she collects fairy figurines, not because we keep her in a cage) it's really cool.

This is by Anne Stokes. I got it from here:
link

Next: Medusa
 That reminds me of one of my aunties (because she collects fairy figurines, not because we keep her i
I love the image you picked- green is my favourite color!

Oh this one was hard- I love Medusa, I think she's a fascinating and visually striking character- I had such a hard time choosing which image to use!
This one's by Billy Nunez and is a long time favourite of mine.
link

Next: Continuing with the Greek myths how about my all time favourite one-
Hades and Persephone
 I प्यार the image आप picked- green is my favourite color! Oh this one was hard- I प्यार Medusa, I thi
smile
I had a surprisingly hard time with this one, at first I just couldn't seem to find anything I really liked, and you'd be amazed how many images of Hades from the Disney movie Hercules I had to sift through. Who knew that character was so popular? I don't know if maybe I was being a little harsher on artists than usual since I liked that story a lot as a child (though it did make me slightly paranoid about eating at other people's houses for a while when I first heard it).

This is just before Hades abducts Persephone, and it's by Sandara on deviantart (don't know real/full name)

link

Next, two mythical creatures fighting
 I had a surprisingly hard time with this one, at first I just couldn't seem to find anything I really
Jeez- I didn't think Disney's Hades was that popular either! Kind of annoying. But I love the image you found- how he's in shadow and she's in light, how they're going in different directions and how his cloak seems to be reaching out for her.

As for the mythical creatures- at first I was thinking something along the lines of a dragon vs pegasus type thing, but then I found this and just had to use it!
It's by Frank Frazetta
link

Next: A mythical creature in an urban setting.
 Jeez- I didn't think Disney's Hades was that लोकप्रिय either! Kind of annoying. But I प्यार the image y
I like that image, I love that if you cover the werewolf/vampire fight the background actually looks quite dreamy and soft, then you look and *boom* were/vamp fight.

So here's an urban griffin (well, a tiger version of a griffin, not a regular lion griffin). I was torn between this and a picture of someone walking a little dragon on a leash, the fact that the griffin has his own cup of coffee is what made me choose it :)

It's by Christina DeLong, and I got it from here:
link

next a character laughing
 I like that image, I प्यार that if आप cover the werewolf/vampire fight the background actually looks
I love that picture! He's got his own messenger bag and everything. lol
When I saw what the search criteria was- this image instantly popped into my head! I had just faved it on DA not too long ago. It's adorable IMO and not in a saccharine way. It just looks like they're having so much fun!
It's by Sam Nielson (Artsammich on DA)
link

Next: Something (or someone) with tentacles!
 I प्यार that picture! He's got his own messenger bag and everything. लोल When I saw what the खोजिए cr
Aw, that picture is great. They just look like they are having such a good time.

This is by Simon Dominic, I really like that it has this creepy dramatic look, but the little squid guy has a balloon. I got it from here:
link

next, something/someone falling
 Aw, that picture is great. They just look like they are having such a good time. This is द्वारा Simon Do
That's a great pic, Asvini. The balloon takes it to a whole other level.

This one's by John Howe
link

Next: A character sitting on the edge of something
 That's a great pic, Asvini. The balloon takes it to a whole other level. This one's द्वारा John Howe htt
smile
I spent ages looking for a picture I saw a while ago of this half snake half woman sat on the edge of a cliff watching hunters below looking for her and I can't find it. I gave up eventually. Surprisingly, it turns out looking for an image you vaguely remember with no idea what it's called isn't the easiest thing in the world. Shocking, right?

This is by Defonten (don't know real name) and I got it from here:
link

Next a character wearing a mask
 I spent ages looking for a picture I saw a while पूर्व of this half snake half woman sat on the edge of
I've done that before too, Asvini- tried to find a pic that I couldn't remember the artist or title. It's just a tad bit impossible! lol I like this one that you found though. Especially the figure and the way his wings meet his body.

When I heard 'mask' this is the image that popped into my head. I thought about looking for something different because this was really easy to find but...it's so beautiful. Anyway, it's by Michael Whelan.
link

Next: An anthropomorphic creature.
 I've done that before too, Asvini- tried to find a pic that I couldn't remember the artist या title.
I love that picture, I'm a big fan of Michael Whelan. If I had unlimited money that's what I'd wear for Halloween, lol.

I really like this bird woman, it helped me overcome my trauma after my search led me to an image of a giraffe-woman and a zebra-man doing...unspeakable things *shudder* that will be in my nightmares tonight. I'm sending you my therapy bill.
This trauma reducing image is by Liiga Smilshkalne and I got it from here:
link

Next, someone riding a mythical creature
 I प्यार that picture, I'm a big प्रशंसक of Michael Whelan. If I had unlimited money that's what I'd wear f
That would be an awesome costume!

Sorry, I forgot about the whole subculture of furry sex art! It's...hrmm...interesting. LOL
I love this pic you found- it's glowing! Reminds me of radioactive acid! Hopefully it burned all those giraffe/zebra nasties out of your brain. ;D

So this image is by Brenda Lyons and I found it here-
link

Next: A battle scene.
 That would be an awesome costume! Sorry, I forgot about the whole subculture of furry sex art! It's
heart
Nice pic, I looked through the artist's gallery and I like the masks she makes too. Very cool.

I like this image mainly because it reminds me of the covers of the old adventure books I used to read when I was little. It's by Patrick McEvoy and I got it here:
link

Next: A character/creature eating
 Nice pic, I looked through the artist's gallery and I like the masks she makes too. Very cool. I lik
You know it reminds me of those 'choose your own adventure' books where depending on what options you chose you'd either end up as king of the world or very dead. lol

This one just makes me laugh! It's by Alyssa Parsons and I found it here link

Next: A character/creature playing an instrument
 आप know it reminds me of those 'choose your own adventure' पुस्तकें where depending on what options आप
heart
It took me a second looking at that to realise what he was eating, lol. That's great.

Here are some musical mermaids by Crystal Rose-Thompson (redheaded-step-child on deviantart) which I got from here:
link

My computer's died, just thought I'd mention as it will be taking me longer to get on Fanpop for a while, in case you thought I'd just become the worlds slowest pic finder :)

Next, in honor of my sucky pc, something broken.
 It took me a सेकंड looking at that to realise what he was eating, lol. That's great. Here are some
I'm sorry your computer's sick! I hate it when that happens. I'm far too dependent on my PC...it's sad. lol
I love the picture you found- so unique! I've never seen mermaids playing violins before.

Ok I found this image on DeviantArt, posted by Akashaqueen, whom I believe to be the model.
link
But I think the actual artist who did the photomanipulation is Anxiogene
link

Next: In the hopes that your computer will get well, a doctor/healer of some kind.
 I'm sorry your computer's sick! I hate it when that happens. I'm far too dependent on my PC...it's sa
heart
That pic is great, and really interesting too, not what I was expecting. I like that she's just kind of dropped there, but her eyes are still looking right at you, so she's not just blank and slumped. It kind of makes me think of Echo saying 'I'm not broken' in Dollhouse when she was remote wiped. Does that make sense or have I just been watching too many Joss show reruns lately?

Here's a healer doing some..uh..mystical...heal-y...thing (I'd make a great art critic, woudn't I? "And this week we are looking at the healer by Michael Erickson, which as you can see features mystical heal-y things" lol.)
It is by Michael Erickson and it's from here:
link

Next: A character/creature during a transformation
 That pic is great, and really interesting too, not what I was expecting. I like that she's just kind
Yeah, I think I've got Joss on the brain too because as soon as I saw this picture I thought of Dollhouse! lol And I know exactly what you mean- she has this almost defiant expression on her face.

I like the contrast between the cool blue foreground and the warmer colors in the background of the pic you found. It almost gives me vertigo or something. lol

So this is a woman transforming into a raven (which apparently she does every time she touches her beloved...bummer). It's by Natascha Röösli and I found it here
link

Next up: A creature/character who's green.
 Yeah, I think I've got Joss on the brain too because as soon as I saw this picture I thought of Dollh
smile
That pic is really cool and it has a great atmosphere to it. I love when pictures have a story behind them like that too. Especially when it's a story that actually sounds really interesting like this one, because I've seen a few that have a story in the description that seems kind of shoved in to give the picture depth, like "uh, this is...Mortimer, king of the...erm...guys in armour. He's looking for his lost teddy bear. Wait, no something cooler. His lost power staff of awesomeness. If he doesn't find it by nightfall..his, uh, fingers will all fall off." so it's always cool to see something well done with an interesting story behind it :)

I remembered this green fairy which I had saved on my computer, but as my computer is still busy sucking and looks like it'll be dead for a little while I didn't think I'd be able to find it, but funnily I actually managed to track it down in about two minutes. I love when that happens. It's by Andy Buck (DarkPsychosis on deviantart) and I got it from here:
link

Next: A black and white image
 That pic is really cool and it has a great atmosphere to it. I प्यार when pictures have a story behind
I love images with stories too. If you're ever looking for a good, funny story behind a picture- check out Ursula Vernon! She has a way with words. link

I love this fairy! I love how she's all green(it's my favourite color!) and her wings are just awesome. And the tail- gotta love the tail!

This artist was the first one who popped into my head when I heard black and white- she does it so well. Her name is Karolina Anderson (karincoma on DeviantArt) and I found this image here
link

Next: A character wearing yellow.
 I प्यार तस्वीरें with stories too. If you're ever looking for a good, funny story behind a picture- chec
I really like that image, I took a look at karincoma's gallery on deviantart and she really does do a lot of great black and white work, extremely cool.

This is by Jhoneil Centeno, and it actually took me a minute to see the little monster guy, he's all yellow and camouflaged. I got it from here:
link

Next: A character dancing
 I really like that image, I took a look at karincoma's gallery on deviantart and she really does do a
That goblin-dude in the back is jealous! Why didn't he get a flower?

The first artist that I thought of when I heard dancing was Stephanie Law, but when I looked through her gallery I realized that there's not so many figures dancing as there are people who look like they should be dancing. It's weird; they all have this kind of grace to them, like ballerinas! Anyway, I did find one of hers called the Last Dance of Hopoe and it's based on a Hawaiian myth.
I found it here link

Next: A fantastical landscape/cityscape without a focus on a character
 That goblin-dude in the back is jealous! Why didn't he get a flower? The first artist that I thought
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना martemora15 said…
big smile
Wow! Awesome pic! It's like she's dancing with the wind! XD

I thought that Thomas Moran would be a real fit for this job. He was a painter and printmaker from late 1800's to early 1900's Bolton, England.

link

Now I want to see sometjing real childish, yet very mystic...
 Wow! Awesome pic! It's like she's dancing with the wind! XD I thought that Thomas Moran would be a
That's a nice picture you found, I like that you gave a little history on the artist.

I'm not really sure what you meant by childish- childish as in artistic syle? or as in featuring a childish theme? I kind of just winged it with this one. This image felt childish/mystic to me. It's by efira-japan on DeviantArt (I'm not sure what his real name is) and I found the image here
link

Next up: A character carrying another character.
 That's a nice picture आप found, I like that आप gave a little history on the artist. I'm not really
heart
This is fun ^-^

And yes, that was pretty much what I was hoping for...

I found my picture here
link
It's called Carry the Fallen, and is an ilustration to a story, written by the artist.

This time I would like to see a vampire with his/her human/werewolf/mermaid/etc girl/boyfriend. (Not Twilight) Just something real sweet...
 This is fun ^-^ And yes, that was pretty much what I was hoping for... I found my picture here
It was actually a challenge looking for a scene with a vampire's partner, because a lot of vampire art focuses on the solitude, and the ones that don't are usually either a vampire attacking/biting someone or when it's a vampire couple the ones I found were pretty far from sweet *blushes* After looking through way too many raunchy vamp images (and inexplicably also stumbling on a Harry Potter/Edward Cullen crossover image which is apparently a companion piece to a fanfic in which they are dating...huh? I don't think I could find the idea of that any more confusing or freaky) I found this picture of two vampire lovers by shinobinaku on deviantart (unsure of real name). I got it from here:
link

Next: More than one of the same type of mythical creature together
 It was actually a challenge looking for a scene with a vampire's partner, because a lot of vampire ar
big smile
The picture that you found is surprisingly sweet! I don't usually associate that kind of tenderness with vampires. And now I have Harry/Edward nastiness burning in my brain...thank you so much. :PPP

I meant to find a whole herd of gryphons but I saw this picture and fell in love with it so...It's by Christy Grandjean and I found it here
link

Next: A Halloween picture! Happy Halloween! =D
 The picture that आप found is surprisingly sweet! I don't usually associate that kind of tenderness w
big smile
Oh, I love that picture. Especially the leopard Gryphon. So cool to see the two really different types of the same thing.

To be really Halloweeny here's a dragon carved on a pumpkin by volcanic-glass on deviantart (unsure of real name). I got it from here:
link

Hope you guys had fun Halloweens :D

Next, a twist on a traditional mythical creature (any mythical creature as long as it's a different take on a classic)
 Oh, I प्यार that picture. Especially the leopard Gryphon. So cool to see the two really different type
I love that pumpkin! So awesome. I watched a pumpkin carving contest on TV the other day and IMO this one is just as good as the ones on the contest.

Ok...frankly this picture kind of freaks me out but it's just a unique idea and such a twist on the traditional centaur that I had to use it. It's by Chuck Tam and I found it here
link

Next: Something with more than 2 eyes
 I प्यार that pumpkin! So awesome. I watched a कद्दू carving contest on TV the other दिन and IMO this
Wow, that picture you found really is something. Kind of interesting and off putting at the same time. It's very well done and just quite creepy too :)

Well in keeping with my tradition of stumbling upon horrible or nightmare inducing images I found some really..uh special images this time (special being a euphemism for 'things that will cause me to need therapy') and one of them was so weird I have to share it, I'll post it next because in this post I'll put the actual image I settled on. It's an alien with an extra eye by Kizzuh on deviantart (Real name Keira, no last name given as far as I can tell) and it's from here:
link

I think it's pretty cool, and a slightly unexpected way to have the whole extra eye thing.

Next a creature/character whose reflection you can see
 Wow, that picture आप found really is something. Kind of interesting and off putting at the same time
sick
Right, this has nothing to do with the picture hunt, this is just something I found when looking for characters with extra eyes, and I'm sharing the nightmares, lol. This is the one I meant before that I said was so weird I had to share. As far as I can tell it's not intended as art at all, it was photoshopped to go in a comedy article at cracked.com, so heavens knows why it turned up in my search. Just my knack for accidentally finding unsettling images I guess. Or my search engine hates me. One of the two.

I'm pretty sure this is what the nightmares of crazy people look like.
 Right, this has nothing to do with the picture hunt, this is just something I found when looking for
Ha! I think that's pretty cool. Kinda mesmerizing- it's hypnotizing me with it's yellow eyes!
As for the the other pic- that is an unexpected extra eye! I like how it's more human than the normally placed eyes.

This one is by Luis Royo and I found it here
link

Next: A doll
 Ha! I think that's pretty cool. Kinda mesmerizing- it's hypnotizing me with it's yellow eyes! As for
smile
That's really beautiful. You know a picture's good when it takes you a while to see past the pretty and realise 'wait, that's a rotting, stabbed head isn't it?'

Here's a doll by Kmye Chan, which I got from here:
link

Next, a character with his/her back to the viewer.
 That's really beautiful. आप know a picture's good when it takes आप a while to see past the pretty a
heart
The doll picture is really cute, but still a bit creepy... The picture I chose is called 'Don't turn your back on love' (ca) and I found it on deviantart.

What I want to see is... A kind of weird shipping. One of those that 'normal' poeple dislike. (but nothing to sick, like HarrySNape or something like that)
 The doll picture is really cute, but still a bit creepy... The picture I chose is called 'Don't turn
cool
Well, the thing is, I'm not much of a shipper at all and I never read fanfic, so I have no idea which are liked and which are considered weird (and which of the weird ones would fall into some people's 'sick' categories) so I didn't really know what to look for. I don't know if this qualifies. If it doesn't someone else should feel free to post another image more fitting to the request as if I didn't put this :)

I went with the Malfoys, I know they are a cannon ship, but since they are on the villain side I don't see many people into them as a couple, and when I do I very rarely see them portrayed as loving towards eachother, which is what they are shown as here, so since it's them being seen in what appears to be a different light I figured it counts as weird. It's Lucius and Narcissa on their wedding day, I like it because even though they look quite sweet and enthralled with eachother, there is still enough pointy smugness about them that they seem in character, lol. It's by an artist who goes by Makani and here is her site:
link

Even if this image doesn't count I recommend her site if you are a Harry Potter fan, she has some great pieces (especially in the 'silly' category. There's one of Lucius and Arthur as horses that cracks me up, there are lots of funny ones)

Assuming this counts, next an image featuring a lion. If this does not count, just ignore crazy Asvini :D
 Well, the thing is, I'm not much of a shipper at all and I never read fanfic, so I have no idea which
Hey it works for me! lol And that it is a rather sweet picture of them. And yet they still look so ... snooty. Ha!

This pic is by E. Hollinger and I found it here
link

Next: A humanoid character with antlers
 हे it works for me! लोल And that it is a rather sweet picture of them. And yet they still look so ..
sunny
Wow, I really like that. Well, I'm not saying I like watching a unicorn get eaten...oh you know what I mean. It's really well done.

I saw a few cute ones for this. In keeping with my tradition of choosing images for silly reasons (like a squid guy with a balloon or a Griffin with coffee, lol) I chose this partly because I like the crow bringing her an apple. It's by Amanda Turnage (ArmadaRyu on deviantart) which I got from here:
link

Next a character with red hair
 Wow, I really like that. Well, I'm not saying I like watching a unicorn get eaten...oh आप know what
I really like that picture. The apple stands out beautifully against the more washed out colors and I like how she's somewhat swallowed by the folds of her dress.

Ok so the first character that popped into my head was Willow of course! And I'm in the process of finally reading the BtVS Season 8 comics so I just had to do a pic of Willow. This is one of the covers for the comic and I think it's by Jo Chen. I found it here
link

Next: Someone with an eyepatch! LOL I've got Buffy on the brain.
 I really like that picture. The सेब stands out beautifully against the और washed out रंग and I
smile
I really like the cover art for the Buffy comics. I haven't even read the comics, I was happy with how the show ended and I've never been too big on comics. All I've ever read was a couple of Catwoman comics years ago. Even though I haven't read the comics I usually check out the covers, they're really cool.

So, what's cooler than someone with an eyepatch? A tiger with an eyepatch! This is by Tiiniuw on devaintart, from here:
link

Next a character/creature underwater that's not a mermaid :)
 I really like the cover art for the Buffy comics. I haven't even read the comics, I was happy with ho
Ooh, nothing is cooler than a tiger with an eyepatch! Awesome image. He's got such a great sense of history and world-weariness about him.

I had a hard time finding something that didn't have mermaids in it! I didn't want it to be a sea dragon either so I found this image inspired by 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It's by Robert Brown and I found it here
link

Next: A character drinking or holding a drink
 Ooh, nothing is कूलर than a tiger with an eyepatch! Awesome image. He's got such a great sense of h
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना breebree446 said…
smile
A baby fairy drinking morning dew. From MyTini on Deviantart.
link
Next: A Griffin
 A baby fairy drinking morning dew. From MyTini on Deviantart. http://mytini.deviantart.com/ Next: A
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Symphonia06 said…
wink
Il me semble bien que la fée bébé de la photo ci-dessus une grandit Grâce à cette magique et rosée matinale Qui lui «donnés» La beautée, l'art de parler aux insectes, elle a la chance de vivre Dans une fleur qui s ' ouvre au levé du soleil et je la sens Pleinement heureuse d'être unie à la nature cette Qui l'Entouré et de se sentir en harmonie avec elle
L'image est de Ftourini sur Deviantart
Suivant : la suite de cette histoire...
 Il me semble bien que la fée bébé de la चित्र ci-dessus une grandit Grâce à cette magique et ros