डिज़्नी प्रिन्सेस Unpopular डिज़्नी opinions (confessions)

viktoriya773 posted on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:53PM
Post your unpopular Disney opinion here. Express your opinion about not only DP but Disney in general. Please be respectful about each other's opinions and don't bash someone because of it. Say "I disagree/agree with you because..." I'm sure everyone is mature enough to handle it.

डिज़्नी प्रिन्सेस 813 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 701-750 of 813

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना KataraLover said…
I think Frozen haters are becoming more annoying than the never ending hype and promotion Frozen got ever was. I say this as someone who is a former hater of Frozen. Now that the hype has died down a considerable amount and therefore isn't clouding my judgement, I think it's a great movie. Is it perfect? No, but very few (If any) movies are. The haters nowadays are really getting annoying because even with the hype not being as massive, they won't stop acting like it's the worst thing Disney ever made, which it's far from being.
disnerdtobe commented…
I agree with आप SO MUCH! The only "hype" फ्रोज़न gets nowadays is from its own haters. They're just feeding their own cycle. फ्रोज़न IS a great movie. I'm glad that at last आप see the light (yes I know, टैंगल्ड reference, but I can't help myself). As they say, better late than never! एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Sparklefairy375 commented…
I have always can't stand with फ्रोज़न haters, ever! Hating something because it's overrated is not a good thing. Don't आप ever realize that फ्रोज़न hype are going down now? एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
AudreyFreak commented…
The ones who are salty about "those basic white girls!!!" getting और attention than whoever their faves are are the worst. A lot of haters are so entitled. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I don't think that The Princess and the Frog is the reason that Disney stopped making 2D animated films because they did release another one afterwards with the 2011 version of Winnie the Pooh. That movie did pretty good critically but not as good as The Princess and the Frog did. However, it was a pretty big box office disappointment where as The Princess and the Frog did fairly well at the box office, though not as well as Disney wanted. So I would blame Winnie the Pooh for there not being any new hand-drawn animated films from Disney much more than I would blame The Princess and the Frog. Hell, it actually started an age of critical and financial successes for Disney with the Revival era. I would also blame that the dumbasses at Disney are playing it too safe with 3D and not 2D, even though I do think there is a prejudice against hand drawn films. But the main fault certainly wasn't The Princess and the Frog AT ALL and it's not exactly Winnie the Pooh's fault either. It's the fault of the dumbasses at Disney that are afraid to take a risk with 2D because of the post-Renaissance era where they did very poorly. Nothing against 3D but we need some variety by having some more 2D animated movies from Disney.
MalloMar commented…
Agree with all of this. :) एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I don't get what all the hate towards Tiana or her movie is. Yes, she's a workaholic but you need to take into consideration the time period where she had to work two waitress jobs her whole life and only got about a few seconds of sleep. Besides, the movie doesn't show her perspective as completely wrong because she forgot to follow another piece of her father's advice, to never lose sight of what was really important, love and letting herself enjoy life. She became distant with friends of hers because as one of them put it "All you ever do is work!" But she's never rude about it to anyone, except Naveen but he really deserved it. He hadn't worked once his entire life and believed her and everyone in life should serve him on a silver platter. She's not just a role model because she works hard, she's also a role model because she shows people that you shouldn't lose sight of things like friends, family, and letting yourself enjoy life a little. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, after all. She has flaws that she has to overcome and she's not always shown as in the right with her beliefs and actions. I also admire that she doesn't ask her best friend for money and would prefer to earn it instead of taking advantage of their friendship. While I don't expect everyone to love or like her, I personally have always felt that a lot of the hate she gets was just really nitpicky and grasping as straws. But no character is for everybody after all.

The movie has gorgeous animation with a lot of colors, lighting, shading, beautiful backgrounds, great designs, creativity, and amazing magic effects. The songs fit the movie perfectly and are so charming and memorable like a classic Disney movie, the characters are likable and memorable, the villain is awesome with a lot of creativity, the romance is good (not great), there's more originality here than with most fairy tale and Disney Princess movies, the humor is hilarious and doesn't feel forced or gimmicky, it doesn't rely on what's popular but instead what's timeless, and it's absolutely engaging in my personal opinion. Like I said, you can't please everybody, so I don't expect everyone to like or love this movie just because I do. I just feel like people get nitpicky because it tried to be like classic Disney while also having more originality to that formula. However, that's just my opinion and people are allowed to have different opinions. I personally just think (While I do love them and I'm NOT hating) that it should've gotten MIUCH more praise and attention than Tangled or Frozen did.
wavesurf commented…
TPATF movie itself is not exciting, but rather bland in my view. Based on other " 2D adventures" that were not box office hits -- Tarzan या Hercules--- TPATF just was duller than they were in terms of plotline, and didn't seem to have characters that audiences immediately loved, aside from Charlotte. Some people didn't like the voodoo element, either. And on a personal level, I didn't like "my own African American representation" distilled down to an angry African American girl working two jobs "just to make ends meet" in order to realize her dreams. Again, this was डिज़्नी promoting the American Double Standard: White people are better, wealthier, have और advantages-- and in order to achieve anything like what they have, the African American population ( Tiana) has to become a workaholic zombie to reach the same level. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
Does that not scream double standard to you? Yes, Tiana has White and Latina प्रशंसकों among her fanbase, but very, very, very few African American fans. TPATF is NOT a flattering movie, and I do find Tiana "rude" and "mean" towards रे the firefly, and dismissive of Naveen and Mama Odie, all in her efforts to reach "the same level" of advantages as Lottie has. I'm African American, yes. But Tiana? No thanks. Not every African American should be relegated to an angry, passive-aggressive person because we "have had it hard." There's no excuse to be what Tiana is: self-righteous and without compassion. And as for 3D, I don't think the 3D of the revival era has fared any better than the 2D from Disney. The backlash is on everything, not necessarily one thing. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
coolsinger198 commented…
Agreed. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Sparklefairy375 said…
I don't think Tiana is that pretty. She is the most plain out of all DPs. Others have their own unique of beauty but she's not IMO.
wavesurf commented…
Tiana is cute...at least? I think she is plain-looking, yes, but not the most plain of all! I mean, Tiana resembles Belle a great deal. They have the exact same facial features, except for the nose, the hair, and the eye color. Belle ( on whom Tiana is based द्वारा the way she is drawn) certainly isn't ugly at all, nor is she breath-takingly beautiful ( the gorgeous one is Babette's two-second facial features in the actual movie). Belle's smile isn't gorgeous, but it doesn't need to be. Tiana's main problem is that she literally scowls so much throughout TPATF, and a constant frowny face puts me off. Even Belle doesn't actually spend nearly that much face-time frowning. The other official princess who scowls way too much is Merida, but I digress... एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I think the idea of Prince Anders (new character played by Billy Magnussen in Aladdin live action) to be Aladdin’s rival to winning over Princess Jasmine’s heart is really that UN-necessary.
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
disnerdtobe commented…
I agree. And I think many others would also agree with you. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना cruella said…
angry
I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but it's something I've been wanting to say for a while. Here goes...Don Rosa comics are HIGHLY overrated and most of the fans are EXTREMELY annoying! I'm not going to say it's technically the worst version of Scrooge, (that's probably the House of Mouse one, where they made him one-dimensionally greedy and stupid) but his personality is way too harsh and he has almost no redeeming qualities. I don't see what's so likable about an anti-hero who treats his family like garbage, why are we rooting for this jerk? And don't get me started on the fans, so many Rosa fans will out right attack you, if you say anything negative about Rosa's Scrooge or comics. I just got ganged up on in the comment section of a DuckTales video for saying I didn't like his work!

Sorry for the rant. And I am not trying to say you shouldn't like those comics just because I don't. Nor, am I saying that all Rosa fans are like that, I do have some friends who are fans of his. But it just seems likes there's a huge percentage of his fans that can't stand you having a different opinion than theirs' and I'm just tired of getting attacked for my opinion.
wavesurf commented…
I know nothing about Don Rosa, so there is that. But I can speak to the following. So often, if आप say something that "pricks" the conscience of the person, this elicits "an attack of you" द्वारा them. If आप say a character is mean, या cruel, या perhaps "not on the pedestal" where most people place them...you will indeed get a nasty attack on your personality, your opinions, and your choices. Unfortunately, there simply aren't many options left to आप in such a case. आप either decide to reverse your stance and retract your opinions; आप begin to praise the same character that everyone else praises, and vilify the same character/person everyone hates; या आप hold your ground even when nobody wants to hear about what आप have to say, and आप let yourself get attacked द्वारा everyone. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
Believe me, I know all too well what this cycle is like. I've endured it for years upon years upon years. My सलाह is to stand your ground, Cruella. आप don't have to kow-tow to "the crowd." If other's belief systems run counter to your own morals, आप have to disagree with them, but also find a way to live with yourself without giving up who आप are to do so. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
cruella commented…
@wavesurf Don Rosa is a very लोकप्रिय डिज़्नी comic author/artist. In my personal opinion he pretty much ruined Scrooge's character, since he turned him into a villainous, anti-hero. But that version is somehow very popular, despite not having many redeeming qualities. Anyway thanks for the encouragement, I don't plan on changing my mind just because they claim I'm wrong. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Honestly I enjoy and prefer Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (and also its sequel) more than the 1951 animated Alice in Wonderland one (I don't know if I have weird taste or what?). The characters are interesting, maybe LA Alice is not so much (she sometimes feel too modern for a female in that era though), but others like Mad Hatter, Red and White Queen are interesting enough. The story is more developed in a better way for me.
Meanwhile the only thing that makes me like the animated movie is how sweet and curious Alice is. And she's the only interesting character in that movie. Most of other characters are annoying (except of Alice's sister and cat, and the white rabbit).
 Honestly I enjoy and prefer Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (and also its sequel) और than the 1951
wavesurf commented…
I also tended to like Tim Burton's remake of Alice, और than the original cartoon. But maybe, that's because the plotline of the original cartoon was kind of dull. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Yeah, I think so too. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
^I think they might be add some political things to made the movie looks और mature and to appeal adult audiences. And I agree about Red क्वीन being the only insane character though. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I don't get why people find Anna likeable. I found she is silly and annoying. Her clumsiness and awkwardness felt soooo forced and not funny at all, even some of previous princesses when act awkwardly like Ariel's and Mulan's are felt more natural and funnier than her.
Many peoples are too focused with Elsa's fatal flaws, but barely anyone realize how Anna is actually also give the big contribution with most of bad situations happen in the kingdom. All Elsa did is just freeze the kingdom, otherwise she's just running away and stay in her ice castle. Instead Anna constantly FORCE Elsa to bless her marriage plan with Hans, made her accidentally reveal her ice power and freeze the kingdom. Anna didn't care with any of Elsa's obvious reason why she refuse to bless them, instead she told Elsa to just bless them in the name of true love. Oh my, what kind of true love that you have with a man you just met that day? Also, Anna insists that Hans stays behind to rule during her absence, what is more reckless than trust a stranger to rule your kingdom when you left for a while? Which made everything is going to be worse. Hans betrays her, plans to kill Elsa and take the throne as the ruler of the kingdom.
But I guess her flaws are covered with her character being a stereotypical type of heroine, being optimistic and cheerful, so peoples would though she's way more positive and better than Elsa.
MalloMar commented…
I don't know. From what I've seen a lot of people dislike Anna. I somewhat like her, despite her being too trusting and an airhead. I like that she actually tries to fix her problems, unlike Elsa who just shuts herself away and mopes. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Elsa, I just think she doesn't do much to एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
MalloMar commented…
Help the situation. But I can understand why Anna is unpopular, regardless of my opinion. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
princesslullaby commented…
^agree with wavesurf. but i don; एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना deedragongirl said…
I was initially very happy that all the princesses will be in Wreck it Ralph 2, but after sometimes I just became skeptical as to how they will contribute to the film itself.
I find it annoying how when people act like the main requirement to play a live-action version of a Disney character should be that they look like them. So apparently being talented and capturing the spirit of the character isn't the most important? Yes, when casting, an actor should look a certain way, but their looks can't be the only deciding factor. I mean, look at Glenn Close as Cruella De Vil. Does she look like Cruella? No, because the only ones who have cheek bones like hers are either people with butchered Botox or people who have been dead long enough for their skin to decay and only have their skull remaining. Glenn not only captured the spirit of Cruella and gave a great performance, she absolutely WAS Cruella. Even people who don't like that movie absolutely ADORE Glenn Close as Cruella De Vil. I don't mean to be rude but it bugs me when people say "Not so and so! They don't look like whoever at all!" I really don't care if they don't look like them because I prefer that they have talent and can capture the spirit of the character. Just my personal opinion.
I think it would be a great move if Disney decide to remaking any of their unpopular movies instead of only focused to remake popular movies. Doesn't mean that remaking popular movies were wrong, but there are some that did well (like Cinderella and Jungle Book) and some that might be disappointed and not as good or iconic as the animated one (ex: Beauty and the Beast; some found it good but some others aren't, and the unnecessary upcoming Lion King remake; oh why need to remake an animated movie full of animals?). I think some movies like Hunchback of Notre Dame, Black Cauldron, and Atlantis are have good potential to be good remake.

Unless, in other side it might be won't appeal audiences in general to watch, unlike brighter Disney fairytale movies like Cinderella, Aladdin, etc.
MaidofOrleans commented…
I heard rumors of a live action Black Cauldron remake! एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
Hmm. A remake of The Black Cauldron? That's interesting... एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Merida looks like a young Anakin Skywalker in drags!!
cruella commented…
लोल I guess I can see that a little. Both of them have very baby faces that don’t really look like an adult of either sex. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
deedragongirl commented…
^^ Omygosh, your last statement makes my day! एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Moana is the type of Disney stereotypical heroine that was likeable enough, but I think she has the least adventures and conflicts compare to other princesses, either with villains or any other characters.
She didn't really have any conflict, or any miserable past. She has nice family that understanding her enough except her father is being a bit strict (but not too much like Triton and Elinor). She only needs more time to get along with Maui, just that.
All of her villains are even not real evil, one is actually a friend that gets mad and some minor villains are doesn't even looks like villain.
The movie itself too, it's like the movie only show us the beautiful animation, soundtrack, and Moana/Maui's journey. For the plot, just copy some parts of previous Disney movies.

Well, I still like Moana (both movie and character), but I like it less than before. And I though the movie is a bit boring.
wavesurf commented…
^Disnerdtobe raised this same issue several posts ago, in this thread. I agreed with Disnerdtobe, that Moana lacks a real motive for what she is doing. And like आप have said, there just isn't much conflict in the movie at all. Moana is nice, but she's not one of my favorites. I like Esmeralda, Kidagakash, and Megara और than Moana. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
^Yeah I know she already made that confession here, but I add some of my own perspective here एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
AudreyFreak commented…
I like Moana but... She's sort of forgettable. I can't put my finger on why. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
MalloMar commented…
I gotta say, the reason i like the movie so much is the setting and music. I cant get enough of those lovely islands and endless ocean. its all animated so beautifully.I adore the संगीत too. So yeah, I have to agree that it's not incredibly memorable character wise, and sort of follows the "modern डिज़्नी movie formula.'' But it'll always be a guilty pleasure of mine because of that setting. :) एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना AdelitaI said…
1. My favorite Disney movie is Pocahontas. Pocahontas is my favorite Disney herone and Governor Ratcliffe is my favorite Disney villain.
2. In my opinion Tangled is better than Frozen.
3. In my opinion Princess and the Frog is better than Frozen.
4. I love Tiana and don't really like Belle, Elsa or Mulan.
5. In my opinion Cinderella, Aurora, Arielle and Elsa overrated are not as gorgeous in looks as many think. I find them to be beautiful( like all princesses) but not as gorgeous as people say. None of them is in my TOP-5 prettiest princesses.
6. In my opinion Tiana and Mulan are more beautiful than many think and more beautiful than those whom I listed in 5.
7. I don't find Maleficent interesting and I don't really like her.
8. I don't like the idea of live-action remakes.
Just my opinion, I respect different.
I disagree with most of these, but this is your opinion. And wow, there are not many peoples who made Pocahontas as their प्रिय Princess. Your opinion about how PATF and टैंगल्ड better than फ्रोज़न isn't that unpopular, most peoples have the same though with you. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
AdelitaI commented…
Seriously? I can believe that many people think that टैंगल्ड is better. But PATF? It's probably the least लोकप्रिय DP movie, isn't it? एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
^ That's my point. People DO KNOW who Tiana IS, and they know that she's Disney's first and only African American princess ( POC stans???) and they know her for having the "realistic" non-magical job. Tiana's ethnicity and character traits are used द्वारा प्रशंसकों to codemn her predecessors, who were "only interested in romance." YUP. For डिज़्नी now treating romance with contempt, and for a fanbase that is generally annoying द्वारा promoting Tiana as some paragon of work ethic, I will still stick Tiana with the titled of "overrated" since all I hear is how "she is the best" along with Belle. Tiana's प्रशंसकों have basically made her appear overrated to me. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना k35maiko said…
Do you guys think that Lilo & Stitch's Lilo is included in the disney Princess???
She has pretty black hair and nice smiling, good personality! I think that Lilo should be the represnative of PRINCESS!!:(
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना PrincessAyeka12 said…
- Jasmine has the best wedding dress
- Aurora's skintone is weird
- Face characters are important, as is talent but age is not. Anne Hathaway will also be my Belle. I am not Ageist. I grew up in the 90's, where twenty-thirty year olds played teenagers. I never complained once. They were very good actors and actresses.
- Belle will never be Hermione Granger and Hermione Granger will never be Belle. Hermione is smarter than Belle. Emma Watson wasn't a good choice to play Belle. Her acting was wooden.
I only agree about Aurora's skintone, somehow her skin tone shown in very light गुलाबी color. Also about how age isn't the important aspect to play any specific character. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
deedragongirl commented…
I have to agree with the Emma Watson part. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
Hmm. Anne Hathway has the face for Belle, but Evangeline Lily would have worked out, too. In my opinion, Emma Watson doesn't even resemble Belle much ( facially) at all. And Emma Watson's अभिनय was as wooden as in every single movie in which I've seen her. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना MaidofOrleans said…
Belle wouldn't be in Ravenclaw. She would be in either Hufflepuff or Slytherin.

Ravenclaw's characteristics are wisdom, wit, intelligence, and creativity. The only one of these traits that Belle consistently displays is wit, with her backhanded compliments toward Gaston. I don't think she comes off particularly wise, intelligent, or creative, since she tends to rush into things without thinking (i.e. when she went to the West Wing). Yes, she may be a bookworm, but so was Hermione, and Hermione wasn't in Ravenclaw.

Hufflepuff's characteristics are fair, loyal, patient, and hardworking. Belle is unhappy with how the town treats her unfairly just because she's different. She's exceptionally loyal to her father, giving up her dreams of adventure to stay with him at the beginning of the movie and then giving up her freedom for him so the Beast will let him go. Later she is loyal to the Beast, and returns to the castle as soon as she realizes he's in danger. She's also very patient with the Beast once she gets to know him, and forgives his rough table manners and teaches him how to read. The only Hufflepuff trait that she doesn't really portray is hardworking.

Slytherin's characteristics are cunning, ambition, determination, and fraternity. Belle uses her cunning to get Gaston out of her house, making him think she's flattered by his marriage proposal only to open the door and let him fall into the mud. She's very ambitious with her dreams of adventure. She even says "I want so much more than they've got planned." No matter what she decides to do, she's always determined to get it done, whether it's rescuing her father or taming the Beast. Those few friends she has she keeps very close to her and doesn't like to let them go. She'll do almost anything for them, as showcased when she gives up her freedom for her father.

All in all, I think Belle would fit better in Hufflepuff or Slytherin than she would in Ravenclaw. Haha sorry for this being super random, I'm just sick of seeing Disney/Harry Potter crossover fanart in which Belle is a Ravenclaw. Just because she reads doesn't mean she fits in that house!
UnholyNoise commented…
accurate. (though i don't think ravenclaws are always above doing dumb impulsive things.) belle doesn't read out of a need to to know और about the world around her; it's escapism because there's no excitement in her घर life. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I don't get why a lot of peoples consider her a Ravenclaw. I seriously don't see it in her. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
AudreyFreak commented…
Good points! It didn't feel quite right to me that she'd definitely be in Ravenclaw, but I could find no good reason to think that या argument against it. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I don't get why people have to make such a big deal with Elsa with a lot of judges to her such as coward, anxious, pathetic, whatever is that. Don't you all forget how Elsa is a character written to be misunderstood? Although in other side yes, writers and producers are completely succedded to make a different kind of Disney heroine that is not always being cheerful and optimistic, instead they made her to be pessimist and live with fearful. But some people are overjudged her too far. And also she ISN'T supposed to be a role model, so stop saying she's the worst role model, because she ISN'T supposed to be one.

And as a reminder, this has no correlation with her having ice power, or her character, movie, and song being overrated (this is just nonsense reason being misuse by some peoples to express their hatred to her). This is just my complain of how people seems to pretend her like she's worst Disney heroine ever. I know it's not a new issue but realizing how I never post one here so I decide to make one.
disnerdtobe commented…
Agreed! एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
I agree that Elsa ( like Merida) isn't supposed to be a role model. But I do agree that Elsa's demeanor is a change from the confident type: she's very anxious, pessimistic, withdrawn, and the rest. Much as I dislike Elsa, I find no personal reasons to continue to beat a dead horse. I give up already. The constant argument of who is "the best role model" angers me, because it generally SUCKS when प्रशंसकों do that. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
AudreyFreak commented…
On Tumblr, it looks like a lot of PatF प्रशंसकों who don't like फ्रोज़न या its princesses getting so much attention who do it. Dunno why फैन्पॉप is like that. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
It's kinda sad that the Disney Princess lineup only features humans in it, I wish Nala (from the Lion King) was part of it as well!
I think they have a standart to include any heroine to be part of it, even not all human heroines have the same chance to be the official member. Beside, Nala is a क्वीन instead of a princess. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
PrincessAyeka12 commented…
I agree. I wish Maid Marian was apart of it. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना disnerdtobe said…
Is it just me or sometimes I find the concept art to be even more beautiful than the animation itself.
MaidofOrleans commented…
Definitely agree. Concept art is gorgeous. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
Agreed. It kind of gives आप a glimpse of the animator's vision before the finished product, and that's special. <3 एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना beautybeastfan2 said…
I don't understand why people call Mulan a Transgender. She dresses like a man to take her dad's place in the army, and that's it. It gets annoying that people think like that.
deedragongirl commented…
I didn't know about this until आप mentioned it! Yeap, this kind of people are probably homophobic! Just ignore them. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
UnholyNoise commented…
maybe trans people see something relatable in how she violates traditional gender roles, idk. why not just chill and let people headcanon what they want? एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
beautybeastfan2 commented…
Oh, I don't get very mad about it. It's just something that I've noticed, that's all. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
tongue

Okay, I get that it’s popular to ship characters who are really close friends (Nick/Judy, Dory/Marlin, etc.), even though I’m not fan of doing that, but whatever, to each their own. Anyway, you would think even if someone is a fan of shipping those kind of characters, they would know better than to interpret a fanfiction that clearly shows characters in a close NON-romantic friendship as a shipping. No offense to all the users on various sites who have asked me, but for the hundredth time, I do NOT ship Scrooge and Minnie! Their relationship is meant to be more of a father/daughter not boyfriend/girlfriend.
Considering that Emma Watson's portrayal as Belle is wooden, I would either go for Anne Hathaway or Emmy Rossum as Belle, but the former will definitely be typecast as royalties like the 1950's popular Austrian actress Romy Schneider.
I feel like peoples tend to put double standards for Princesses more than Princes (Or Heroines more than Heroes). I often seeing older Princesses for being criticized due of being damsels and do nothing beside waiting the prince, and the newer Princesses for being way too flawed, selfish, stubborn, or helpless, but I rarely found the same thing happen with Princes.
Look how peoples categorize which princesses/heroines that are best role model and which one are not. I seriously never found it with the princes/heroes as well.
disnerdtobe commented…
I agree. People are really harsh on female characters. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
MalloMar commented…
I suppose that (for most of the फिल्में anyway) the Princess gets और focus than the Prince, so its easier to notice these things. Of course, it isn't always true, and i do agree with you. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना snowybennet said…
Lilo and Nani make a better sister relationship than Anna and Elsa.
AudreyFreak commented…
Isn't that pretty लोकप्रिय in the fandom? एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Ariel and Elsa are selfish and inmature. Ariel changes everything for a random guy she has a crush on and Elsa ignores her sister for years, blames her for her problems and runs from her responsabilities,
Ariel and Elsa are selfish and inmature. Ariel changes everything for a random guy she has a crush on and Elsa ignores her sister for years, blames her for her problems and runs from her responsabilities,

UnholyNoise commented…
lol. elsa is only selfish if आप completely ignore that she grew up being forced to repress her powers, and the basic human emotions that could trigger them, and then basically exiled herself when they were discovered -- all in order to protect her sister and her kingdom from abilities she never learned how to harness. she did the best she could दिया the circumstances. but yeah, everything ariel does is motivated द्वारा what she wants, and none of it is especially dire या necessary. which would have been fine, except that other people constantly had to pay for it. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
^People paid dearly for Elsa's mistake. Elsa got so angry at the repressive life that she had to live, that she exiled herself, "let it all go" without thinking, and FROZE the entire kingdom because she believed that "now was her time." I would have accepted this as an accident, if, after Anna reminded her of what she had done, Elsa hadn't turned around and slammed ice into her sister's दिल in a frenzy of anger. That basically did make me see Elsa as selfish. That, and of course, sending out Marshmellow to make sure Anna never returned. I wonder just how these last two actions make Elsa so selfless? Elsa is definitely selfish to me. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
And YUP. Ariel is selfish for having "her own dream" which doesn't apparently include living under the sea for the rest of her life, and being part of her father’s “singing orchestra” forever. Ariel's dream is indeed selfish, but Snow White's desire for her prince to come back is likewise selfish. Like Elsa wanting to claim her own freedom, and Ariel wanting to become a human, Snow believes that her prince will return to her. Is this a dream that the dwarfs can share with Snow White? I'd say, nope. But Snow White is not immune from selfishness. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I don't find Meg pretty. She has weird face and her design is way too pointy. And also her waist...she looks like a girl with anorexic imho.
 I don't find Meg pretty. She has weird face and her डिज़ाइन is way too pointy. And also her waist...sh
MaidofOrleans commented…
I agree that she's not very attractive. If she was an official DP she'd be last on my prettiest list. I just don't like the way she's animated :/ एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
UnholyNoise commented…
i loooove her hair - not enough curly-haired women in एनीमेशन :( - but her body is like...grotesquely thin. i know all the character designs in that movie are based on greek vase art, blah blah blah; it's still weird to look at. her looks are vastly better than her personality though, imo. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
MalloMar commented…
Solid and memorable character डिज़ाइन though! एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना princesslullaby said…
I think the only unpopular opinion I can think of off the top of my head is that Belle is so selfless-- I don't really see her as selfless, or any more selfless than the other princesses. She took her father's place, yes, but I think anyone who cared about anyone else would have done that. Her father was the only person she loved, so it would be no-brainer. She wouldn't want to live without him and she couldn't knowing he was in the castle. I never saw it as some grand act of selflessness. I thought it was just something anyone would do for someone they loved. And we see later, she refuses to marry Gaston even though he will throw Maurice in an asylum so obviously she won't do EVERYTHING for her dad--- to me that would be more selfless (and horrible). To me all the princesses do something to obtain their own ends so I don't find any of them particularly selfless-- perhaps Mulan, but she even admits she joined more to prove herself than to save her dad.
wavesurf commented…
^I definitely agree with this. I also did an लेख series ( where I reflected on just how selfish/selfless each princess is, along with all of their other flaws). Moana is missing from these assessments, because she wasn't "out" at the time I wrote these. लिंक्स to the other लेखाए are found in this last one.--> link I still believe in what I've written in these articles. But the bashing of some princesses ( Ariel and Merida) needs to stop, imo, while the constant praise for Belle and Elsa's selflessness is totally misplaced imo. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Mongoose09 said…
I never really understand why people use "spoiled" as a reason to dislike a character or simply as a negative trait, period. (Jasmine, Ariel, Lottie, etc). A person/character can't help being spoiled and there is a vast difference between someone who is simply privileged and a spoiled brat. for what it's worth I don't find any of the DPs spoiled anyway.
I don't think any of them are spoiled either. I don't think any of them act entitled, चमेली and Ariel are just और privileged than some of the other DPs. I Think they call them spoiled because they seem 'ungrateful' just because they aren't content staying in the life that they're given. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Agreed. Nothing wrong for being spoiled. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
AudreyFreak commented…
I think some people use it to mean the character is pampered and hasn't had to work या suffer to get anything they want. I also think it's a dumb reason, because none of that is their fault as आप कहा nor does it mean they can't still be a great person. I mean, Sara Crewe from A Little Princess was spoiled rotten but was a kind, thoughtful person even before she लॉस्ट everything. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना magicworld_88 said…
-Belle use to be my favorite princess as a kid and i really want to like her but
I find her to be the less interesting of all the disney princess the fact that a lot of people ( including myself) relate to her doesnt help she seems to be the typical girl that everyone can be and i think she doesnt have something unique in her
- i really dont see how aurora is shy she was surprised but then act confident around philip and her parents
wavesurf commented…
Being "relateable" to everyone is one of Belle's hallmarks, I suppose. Belle is bland white bread/vanilla ice cream.Because "everyooooobody sees themselves in Belle." But I was eight when I first watched Belle, and I found her so very unrelateable. Belle is a white girl who didn't have to struggle with her upbringing ( like Ariel and सिंडरेला who are also white girls, had to struggle and contend with abusive step-parents and abusive parents, who were left after the parents who were't abusive already died). Belle chose to sacrifice herself to stay with an abusive guy. That WAS her choice. Belle didn't do anything fun, didn't outsmart anybody, didn't defy anyone's expectations ( save her own high-minded expectations for herself being too-good for everybody around her), and Belle really didn't really save anybody's life-- except Maurice's. It was the enchantress's spell that did the whole weight-lifting for the entire movie. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
So, like आप have surmised, I have struggled to like Belle since I was a kid. The live-action remake ( circa 2017) was even blander and less charming. I just...frankly, don't understand the "Belle worship." Jane Porter is such a better example than Belle is. I can see मूलन stans being adamant that she did something. I can see Ariel प्रशंसकों saying that she stood up to the patriarchal status-quo ( most of the sole control in Atlantica belongs to men ( Triton and Sebastian, wow…) Besides the "feminist argument from the radical feminists," I never have found exactly what Belle did in her movie that was groundbreaking enough to justify jaw-dropping love. So I continue to place Belle low. Aurora isn't shy, just demure. Aurora is very up-front with what she wants; when the opportunity presents itself she insists that Phillip दिखाना up in the cottage to meet her "aunts" in person. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
AudreyFreak commented…
I think people tend to give Belle the credit for "changing" the beast (read: overcome the main obstacle, save the day, whatever) just because she's heavily painted as the one to root for. In reality the Beast has agency and he CHOSE to improve himself. Belle inspired him to do it but it was all his own doing. He's also the one who got rid of Gaston. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I never understand why many peoples ever want Marvel or Star Wars heroine to join the Disney Princess lineup, only because she was called as "a Princess"
I think the Disney Princess lineup don't fit with live action, modern and sci-fi princess.
disnerdtobe commented…
I totally agree! See this is why I didn't want डिज़्नी to buy Marvel या तारा, स्टार Wars या लोमड़ी, फॉक्स cause then everyone's gonna want everyone to be a डिज़्नी princess. Before long, any female heroine in any Hollywood movie is gonna be called a डिज़्नी princess. And these characters aren't even Disney! They're just companies that डिज़्नी चुरा लिया money from. I completely agree. These LA action/sci-fi characters do not fit the DP lineup. The DP lineup is और for fantasy. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
disnerdtobe commented…
And Disney's is gonna start selling तारा, स्टार wars/marvel/avatar crap in their stores when there's ton of stuff from ACTUAL डिज़्नी that they can sell. Hello? There are tons of other डिज़्नी फिल्में and characters प्रशंसकों want to buy merchandise of. So much for promoting stuff that डिज़्नी actually makes. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
disnerdtobe commented…
^Exactly. So maybe डिज़्नी should start trying to make better snow globes instead of strategizing which company to eat up next. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना wavesurf said…
I LOVE Princess Suri. Suri is what Tiana was supposed to be!!!! Now, I don't think Suri even needs to join the lineup at all. Neytiri doesn't need to join it, either. But Suri is this wonderful, polished scientist, and is such a NICE, KIND, and SWEET PERSON to other people, and does this along with showing her own tenacity and grit. Instead of the self-righteousness, and nitpicking judgment of Tiana, Suri is a welcome leap FORWARD!
May I ask you, who is Princess Suri? एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
^Black Panther's sister from the Marvel universe. She's sister to the King of Wakanda, T'Challa. If आप can, do go see Black तेंदुआ, पैंथर if it opens in Indonesia..For the first time, white people do not dominate the screen, and they aren't the main protagonists. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
i found her so annoying. The way she spoke was so un-wakandian and forced (especially the humor) and using data memes. I inferred that because she's a techie she picked up the language of the internet, but if they had explained that in some way that would have been really funny- her uses common slang wrong. But it just came off as shameless pandering. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
meant to say *dated memes. not data memes लोल एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I don't really think that evil and sinister facial expressions on female characters make them less attractive and I don't find the facial expressions ugly AT ALL. In fact, I actually find those evil and sinister facial expressions that good looking villainesses make to be incredibly attractive, hot, and sexy. It adds like a dangerous but alluring and seductive quality that's so appealing to me. Plus, villainesses don't have to look all innocent and can have sharper and narrower eyes instead of big and round innocent looking ones. I also noticed this in anime, the villainesses, unlike the female characters on the good side, almost always have lips instead of just being drawn without lips, which is part of why I don't care for the anime style because animated female characters having lips is important to me. Anyway, the evil and sinister facial expressions are to be expected with villainesses and it also gives them a more mature look because they don't have to look so innocent. They end up looking more like women than girls. This is related to Disney because I hear this complaint all the time about Vanessa from The Little Mermaid.
 I don't really think that evil and sinister facial expressions on female characters make them less at
wavesurf commented…
Vanessa (but basically Ursula from The Little Mermaid) is one of my all time प्रिय villain characters. Megara from Hercules is an example of a heroine with sharper features, and contrary to several posts above this one, I find her pretty attractive. I think sharper features have their place and sometimes work out in the context of the character. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Tbh I don't really think it's that an unpopular opinion. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
okay so then.........you should say it IS a point of contention , not that it ISN'T lol. because you're saying it IS an argument. so आप can take that sarcasm and use it for another time when आप actually know what you're talking about एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
You know, I'm just gonna say it- I'm tired of people saying that Snow White wouldn't beat Shrek in eating 10 raw onions faster than him. This is brought up literally ALL THE TIME and I am SICK of it! Yes, she ate a bite of an apple and fainted but the apple was POISONED. 10 raw onions are totally different circumstances! Just because she isn't as big or as manly as Shrek does not mean Snow White can't do everything he does, including eating 10 raw onions at a rapid pace! I can't take hearing it anymore and I will not stand for another minute of it!
MaidofOrleans commented…
Finally someone कहा it. Preach girl! एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना mhs1025 said…
I was recently going through my Facebook feed and I saw a headline on Frozen 2. It said Elsa may have a female love interest in the movie. Some people loved the idea while others hated it. There were afew who wanted her to stay single. I want to know what your opinions are. Because I'm Christian, I personally hope they give her a male love interest SHOULD they give her a love interest. (I know I've been pretty brash about stuff like this in the past, and I apologize for it.)
Mongoose09 commented…
I don't really care either way, but I hope she stays single एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Agreed एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
i want her to have a girlfriend <3 एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
Like Starfox said...single would be better. The फ्रोज़न fanbase has fractured into so many separate factions, and each is angry about something. Just keep her single. Because, then, they'll be another ridiculous uproar that makes the internet a foul place to visit. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Speaking as one of the few Jar Jar Binks fans out there, I do not for the life of me get the (weird and honestly creepy) furry fetish that nearly all of his female fans seem of have about him. Almost all of them seem find him sexually appealing for some reason and are always doing stuff like, nude pictures of him with his head on a stud’s body; or they’re writing a self-insert romance/porn fanfic where they date him, and he’s completely out character, no longer clumsy or awkward but a total Gary Stu. I mean, I used to think that Launchpad’s fan girls were bad to overly sexualize him but they’ve got nothing on Jar Jar’s fan girls. Also, at least you can argue that Launchpad was intended to look sexy. But, I guess my question is, why? I mean, Jar Jar was intended to be a dim witted but well meaning, clumsy and awkward comic relief character; not sexually appealing. And turning him into a sex object is not being a fan of him.

(I added a picture of one of the tamer examples)
 Speaking as one of the few Jar Jar Binks प्रशंसकों out there, I do not for the life of me get the (weird a
mhs1025 commented…
I didn't know female प्रशंसकों thought about him like that! That IS creepy! It'd be one thing if they wrote romantic fanfics/one-shots about Obi-Wan, या even Anakin, but Jar Jar? WOW! Even the Obi-Wan and Anakin fangirls don't take THAT far. But yeah, Jar Jar was meant to be funny, clumsy, awkward, and dim-witted. I may not be a big प्रशंसक of his, but he CAN be funny. As there's some comedy in all the तारा, स्टार Wars films, he was meant to gave comic relief, NOT be some sex symbol that these girls claim him out to be. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
cruella commented…
Yeah, it doesn’t surprise me that not many people know about his creepy fan-girls, since his प्रशंसकों in general are pretty scarce. But I’ve definitely had some दिखाना me their artwork/fanfics. I guess they assumed that I had the same fetish, since I’m a female Jar Jar fan. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
mhs1025 commented…
If I were a प्रशंसक of his, even I would recognize that he's FAR from all of that. द्वारा the way, that picture just took things to a whole new level. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
cruella commented…
Well yeah, I mean, a big part of being a प्रशंसक of a character is liking them for what they are (and what they're not), and not trying to turn them into something they aren't. I mean, I प्यार Jar Jar because I find him funny, endearing, and relatable, NOT because he's some dream guy/stud. And if आप think that picture is bad I've definitely seen worse :P एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
A few months ago, I read that Disney was going to make Sailor Moon back in 1997, wonder what would it be like if Naoko Takeuchi would have accepted it? Considering that Disney is popular in Japan too and I'm a big fan of Sailor Moon (both the Classic and R) and Disney.
I honestly never got the big deal over Angela Lansbury's (Mrs. Potts) singing voice. People act like it's absolutely amazing and I remember a critic saying she has one of the most beautiful voices on Broadway at the time Beauty and the Beast came out. I just don't really get it! I mean, her voice is good but it's really nothing special and is kind of an average and everyday sounding kind of voice. I've heard girls in my high school choir that sound just as good as she does. I even remember hearing someone saying that Emma Thompson's singing voice was inferior to Angela Lansbury's and I think they're on the exact same level. She's far from one of the best singing voices of all time and while her voice is good it's pretty ordinary and nothing special.
people say that? her voice is prettier than emma's only because emma's sounds so cockney in the movie, but it's just like a pleasant old lady गाना voice. it's soothing and all but yeah, i wouldn't buy an album from her लोल एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
deedragongirl commented…
Emma's गाना sounds wooden if आप ask me, I think Emma Thompson is trained. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I agree. I recently heard the Mrs. Potts version on यूट्यूब and it sounds pretty flat and lack of emotions. I feel the same about Emma Thompson. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना PrincessAyeka12 said…
I watched the pilot of Tangled the TV series and realised something. I can't take her seriously with the brunette short hair because I'm a child of the 80's & 90's. Mandy Moore will always be a blonde haired singer to me. As a grown up woman with brown hair she's unrecognisable now. The voice is still the same but it sounds wrong on a Brown haired Rapunzel. When Rapunzel got her blonde hair back, I still couldn't take her seriously. Blonde Rapunzel looks like a little girl. In the movie it made sense. But here, she's taken a step back.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना beautybeastfan2 said…
I don't understand why people associate the animated Alice in Wonderland with drugs, or think that you have to be high to enjoy it. It's just about a girl in a dream world.
I never found the ending to Pocahontas to be particularly sad. I was just rewatching the ending to Tarzan and found it to be just as bittersweet, if not more. Jane and her father were to never to go back home again. What if they changed their minds but they'd have no way to go back to England? Leaving behind all their friends and family forever. What if they miss all the things about England and home? Staying in the jungle seems adventurous at first but I'd get bored and would eventually want to go home. I think it'd be cool if Tarzan got to see England since he wanted to know so much about it. I never saw the ending to Pocahontas as permanent. I always thought that after John Smith recovered, he was gonna come back. He knows where they are and he could come back to Virginia. Meanwhile, Jane and her father were essentially stranded in the jungle and they'd have know way of going back, unless if they were smart enough to build a boat and somehow find their way back without someone skilled enough to sail the oceans.
My unpopular opinion: Rapunzel's life was BETTER in a LOT of ways than was Ariel's. Rapunzel was frustrated by Gothel keeping her isolated and ignorant, but Ariel was tormented through harsh verbal harangues that were DISGUISED as protection but were NOT, and Ariel was openly forbidden to express her point of view. All Triton wanted for Ariel was for her to sing in front of crowds so "he could look good," and then marry her off to a merman. That's Triton's trajectory for Ariel. Every time Ariel doesn't do what Triton wants... he blows up at her. Ariel's abuse is right up there with Cindy's and Snow's.

I simply don't see Rapunzel's abuse as being worse then Ariel's, because Ariel's life had a whole chock ton more rules and punishments IN IT... What I do see is the gradual frustration building up in Rapunzel's life (which is similar to Jasmine's) with both of them being cooped up in a single location, and both of them running away from there because of that frustration. Rapunzel was never heartbroken about her living conditions as was Ariel, her predecessor. Gothel never put Rapunzel's intelligence down, but Triton DID.

I don't see Gothel as the extremely bad figure in Disney's pantheon of villains. The Evil Queen, Lady Tremaine, and King Triton are the worst offenders for consistent, openly degrading, mental and physical abuse. Gothel spews a lot of mental abuse, but with her it's a two-way-street. She gives so that she can get something from Rapunzel. Triton withholds his love from Ariel so that she will stay where he wants her, and then, when that fails, he compounds the situation by driving her straight into the arms of his nemesis, Ursula.

No. Ariel's situation and Rapunzel's situation ARE NOWHERE near the same. Punzie and Jasmine have it somewhat well off. They don't have it great, but they are better off than Ariel is. Sure, those two princesses are cooped up, but no one is yelling at them every day about their interests, nor telling them that they have no right to speak up.
@wavesurf-- I don't think I can take seriously you saying that Rapunzel has it well off. She was emotionally abused every day by her abducter who didn't care one ounce about her and only cared about her hair. I think you're a little hard on Triton- he's not the best dad but he gives his daughter a lot of freedom and him asking her not to fall in love with the people who regularly murder them is pretty reasonable. His temper is bad but you can tell he genuinely cares about Ariel. It kinda sounds like you are projecting. Triton is clearly willing to sacrifice his life for Ariel. He's not the best parent, but he's certainly better than Gothel who emotionally and mentally abused Rapunzel with every sentence and kept her confined in a tower for 18 years. Gothel punished Rapunzel literally every day by shutting down any notions of desired freedom and oppressing her horribly. Triton wasn't really unreasonable, just volatile. I also think you're inserting stuff into the story that isn't present, we don't see that Triton wants Ariel to sing because it makes him look good-- in fact, it's Sebastian who's upset about that. And he literally never says ANYTHING about marrying her off to a merman, in fact, he's excited for her when she's in love but doesn't meddle at all with her, except for curiously asking Sebastian. There is literally no evidence of him trying to marry her off so I'm not really sure where you got that from. Triton's exasperation is often justified. To compare Ariel's abuse with Cinderella and Snow White is blowing things waaaaaaaaaay out of proportion. And this is coming from someone who strongly related to Ariel's living situation when I was her age. My dad acted a lot like Triton, except he was less restrictive, but way more explosive over small things. This just sounds like a lot of projection and denial.
@princesslullaby: Okay. You think I am projecting? Triton destroys Ariel's stuff in an argument, just as my mother made me take some of my belongings out to the trash during our argument, and then the trash people took my stuff and hauled it away. I never got it back. There were multiple instances in my life like this. If I am projecting, please explain how? Because I don't see how I AM projecting. I see patterns. Gothel isn't doing anything but lying with every breath, which is what Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather did for 16 years to Aurora. I don't see how I AM the one who should not be taken seriously. Rapunzel had it better off than I did. I believe that from simply watching how Gothel treats her in the movie. I didn't get that kind of treatment, even if "said treatment" was abusive in its own way.
आप literally just compared your mother to triton and then asked how आप could be projecting. comparing gothel to the good परियों is pretty ridiculous because the परियों literally did not have a choice in order to keep aurora safe. gothel ..kidnapped...rapunzell..and lied about her identity for 18 years. people who say rapunzel's abuse is worse than ariel's aren't saying that ariel didn't suffer. but there's a strong emotional disconnect clearly if आप think rapunzel lived a good life. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
I have an emotional disconnect. Ok. But I don't find Rapunzel to be the victim आप all say she is. She left her tower द्वारा MAKING Flynn take her. I don't see how Rapunzel didn't live a decent life. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
We didn't say आप aren't listening, but आप are wrong imo एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
I really don’t like, bordering on hate, marvel or DC. I don’t like superhero action movies. Also Pirates of carribean was as boring as hell. I never watched the whole thing because I could never get through even half of it. I just don’t find superheroes nor pirates fascinating at all. I much prefer fairytales and that’s why DP movies are among my favorites. Also they’re replacing a bugs land in California adventure park with marvel land? Yuk. A bugs life was an excellent movie. Sigh this is why I don’t like Disney buying marvel and other studios.
These franchises are overpraised द्वारा the whole world लोल एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
wavesurf commented…
I don't mind them, but some parts of Disney's "cash cows" are starting to become less and less interesting. I watch Marvel for a laugh. DC is not owned द्वारा Disney. Not yet. तारा, स्टार Wars, for instance, that डिज़्नी has acquired, has been effectively RUINED. Most true तारा, स्टार Wars प्रशंसकों ( from the 1970s) will tell आप that डिज़्नी has gotten way off the original tone of the galaxy series. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
disnerdtobe commented…
^exactly. It's just superhero फिल्में every साल and I'm getting bored. This is why I प्यार LaLa Land because it stood out from the crowd (no pun intended). It was absolutely refreshing. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना magicworld_88 said…
-I dont know if this is unpopular but i feel like for people if your are a disney prince and you are not a jerk then you dont have a personality. naveen Flynn are bad boy they have a personality. Eric is Nice then he doesnt have a personality. This is so annoying !
- also this is not very important but sentences like "OMG Phillip is so romantic he kill a dragon "just" for aurora" annoy me because they act like aurora is the center of the World and everything is about her and phillip was having fun with the goblins in maleficent dungeon he would have loved to stay one century lol but then decided to save his love After he realize she was in danger. I mean both needed to be save aurora and phillip and even their kingdom. So no Phillip didnt kill a dragon "only for" aurora but also for himself ( with a lot of help from the fairies). I even read on a fanfiction ( who was very good) aurora said to Phillip when they argue "why did you save me" "i wish you never save me" that sound very selfish ! Aurora is not the only one who is in distress in sleeping beauty.
- last one There is a lot of people who cast blond Emma stone as Elsa but think Emma stone would be better as Charlotte from princess and the frog.
Mongoose09 commented…
Agree SO much with your first point. It bugs me when people feel characters have to have "edge" या some complex backstory to them in order to be considered good characters . Just because a character is nice and sweet like Eric it doesn't mean he has no personality. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
anukriti2409 commented…
one your first point, it is not that nice characters doesn't have personality, it is that they do not दिखाना depth of their characters. Real life people are not nice all the time. They get angry, frustrated, sad for no reason etc. With Eric in specific, आप really have to read between the lines to see the spectrum of emotions. In general, he always seems "nice". BTW, he's one of my fav prince :) एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Mongoose09 commented…
^ But आप don't have to be 'flawed' in order to have a personality, at least IMO. Also I don't view Belle as particularly flawed. एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
Okay, I don't know if this is unpopular, but this photo says it all!!
 Okay, I don't know if this is unpopular, but this चित्र says it all!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना JNTA1234 said…
I don't know why it's still so hard for people to understand that "Disney Princess" is just a title.

"Lead human female (of a certain age) from popular/successful Disney film" doesn't roll off the tongue like Disney Princess does. I don't know why the princess title bothers people so much, do you want the X-Men to be called X-Men-and-Women? No. Even though the most prominent and powerful characters are women they're still called the X-Men. In the original Power Rangers series, they called their giant robots DINOzords, even though two of them were modeled after a Mastodon and Sabertooth Tiger, which aren't dinosaurs, it's the same type of thing here. Sometimes the princess title doesn't even make a difference in the context of the actual films, Snow White's status as a princess hardly makes a difference on the plot of the film, in fact it would be even more messed up if the Evil Queen was trying to kill some poor peasant girl she didn't even know.

The people go on and on about how Mulan doesn't fit in the lineup and how it's an "insult" to her character to put her in the line are usually the same type of people who think she's this strong butch warrior chick and all the other princesses are dainty girly girls. THEY are ones insulting her and the other princesses with this foolishness, "she's better than princess, she's a warrior/hero". If they actually watch the damn movie, they'd see that aspects of Mulan's personality aren't that much different from Belle, Tiana, Rapunzel and even Cinderella and Aurora. For that matter, Pocahontas almost MIRRORS Ariel with some of her personality and actions. Mulan likes wearing dresses, her blue dress at the end of the movie is more "princessy" than Jasmine's main outfit, and she hates dressing up like a dude.

To be honest maybe I'm being biased but outside of Pocahontas's wardrobe, both Pocahontas and Mulan fit into the lineup better than Merida. I know this isn't necessarily an unpopular opinion but I just wanted to get it out there.

And sidenote I know some people are like "Disney's just too lazy to make an actual Chinese princess". Uh no. Disney's probably hesitant to make another Chinese film because no matter how much research they do and not to mention travelling all the way to China in the making of Mulan, people STILL found reasons to be offended. Even with Moana, people still found reason to be in uproar, even though I'm really sure they were pretty extensive with the research on that one. So much so, they forget to make the story compelling, but that's a discussion for another time.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना BB2010 said…
I'm not a fan of the movie Pocahontas because I find it gross that she was aged up to be with a man who in real life most likely made up the story about Pocahontas saving him
Agree एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
notbrandyss commented…
same thing एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
BB2010 commented…
oh my god the spelling errors in my टिप्पणी दे लोल एक साल  से अधिक पुराना