Damon & Elena {RANTING THREAD} Ship ranting, off-topic ranting, whatever! Rant your hearts out.

SpuffyDelena posted on Mar 07, 2011 at 08:43AM
Sometimes you just need to let it out....

Just one rule: NO BASHING OF SHIPPERS. NONE. Do not use specific SNs or target posters.
last edited on Mar 07, 2011 at 08:59AM

Damon & Elena 3418 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 3301-3350 of 3418

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना loveofdelena said…
smirk
lol let them!! if they wont except whats happening in the show, it's their own problem, what, did they honestly think that there would be six season of stelena filled cheese?? come'on SE's, get real!! i knew you where blind, but dillusional too??, they know quite well that if that where the case, the fans would end up being bored shitless, and quite watching the show, and it's as simple as that!! it's because of delena that they have this show, if not for the delena awsomeness, the show would have been canceled a long time ago!! and i think deep down, they KNOW this!! they are just to darn stubborn to admit it!!
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Manonx said…
@loveofdelena: Well, the show's not only good because of Delena, but I agree with the rest of your post :)

A rant I completely agree with (from the reactions of that new Hollywood Live article about how Damon's always right:

The real disturbing trend is that for the past 3 SEASONS Damon has pretty much always been right and people are still not listening to him.
I mean come on!
Elena wanted to sacrafice herself to save her friends, Damon was strongly against this. Elena claimed if she didnt go with it, people she loved would die. Ummm the first thing Klaus did was kidnap Tyler n Caroline to use (resulting in Damon being bit when saving them and Stefan having to go Rippermode to save Damon) despite this people Elena loved still suffered- Jenna died and Klaus became a hybrid –> leading to Klaus constantly tormenting her to get at her blood
Elena chose to trust her vampire hating witch friend to despell a device- leading to Damon and Stefan almost dying and Anna dying
Elena and Stefan didnt want her to feed leading to her eventually feeding anyway and making Bonnie resort to dark magic
Elena told Stefan to save Matt first hence killing herself.
Elena and Stefan thought she should trust Esther (the witch trying to kill all vampires in existance) leading to her using Elena’s blood to make Evilaric and hence as a result of the poor decision above, ultimately leading to Alarics death.
Elena and Stefan need to just stop. JUST STOP. And listen to Damon.
Memorial is a perfect example of that. Elena is throwing up blood and goes to Damon for help, and while asking for help. FROM DAMON, has the stupidity to say “Stefans right I should try to get through this without hurting anyone” Ummmm then why go to Damon at all if Stefan is right?
Oh of course, because Damon was right, as always and gets no credit.
I truly hope Julie Plec is doing this on purpose so the audience has the brains at least to side with Damon. Otherwise its just plain frustrating.
Rant over.

Thank you, person I don't know, for this beautiful rant!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना HaleyDewit said…
Wow! I couldn't agree more!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना TheWuzzy said…
@HaleyDewit Oh my god. Your comment about some shippers still seeing the Season 1 Damon and Stefan - YOU ARE SO RIGHT. It's like they refuse to accept that Stefan also has a darkside and really isn't a whole lot better than Damon.

It really peed me off that Elena automatically assumed that Damon would be the one to blow up the council. Er, excuse me? Who was the last person to ever go round killing people? Damon? No! Damon has not done that since that girl in Season 2! Oh yeah that's right the last person to be a psychopath... WAS STEFAN. But do they remember this NOOOOO!

That person's rant pretty much hit the nail on the head. I mean I don't like Damon's fatalistic 'We're all going to die so why bother' attitude to everything but you've gotta admit when it turns out that time and time again he's right... maybe they should start listening.

The scene this ep with ghost!Alaric made me cry. Nuff said.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना delenasalvatore said…
There has to be a tactical reason for Julie writing Damon in this way, otherwise it's pointless. A lot of fans believe there is blatant favoritism on the writers' part for never crediting Damon even though he's usually right, and for the way they've written the love triangle so far, in that Damon never gets the girl. But I think they want us to side with him so we'll want him to win Elena's love. That's the way I see it, even if I do sometimes question the way they've done certain things. Because they could have written it differently, and had Stefan always be in the right and Damon always in the wrong, and if people didn't want Damon to be with Elena, then the whole love triangle would fall flat, wouldn't it? What's the point in it if people just want Elena to stay with Stefan?? TVGuide's recent poll reveals that more than 80 percent of voters think DE should sleep together. That's an outright majority even if the entire TVD fanbase didn't vote in it. What annoys the heck out of me though, are the SE'ers who think that if such an event took place, then it would signal the destruction of moral values and the downfall of the show, not to mention the human race because it's morally abhorrent for a girl to sleep with her ex-boyfriend's brother. I just think they're being ridiculously pious. Don't they realise that there are far far worse things that go on in the real world to get upset over? The way I see it, human beings have created the destruction of 'family values' by their own immoral behaviour,and there's really nothing TVD can show that would contribute to that. There are people who get drunk every Friday or Saturday night and wake up the next day in a stranger's bed with no knowledge of how they got there, let alone who they slept with. So if SE'ers are enraged at a TV programme for showing a girl sleep with a guy she loves, who loves her deeply, then I suggest they should take a good look around them at the world they live in first, and then decide.

P.S. I saw THIS little charmer on TVGuide's comments and had to reply to it. I think it's one of the most obtuse things I've ever read. Maybe it was written by a 12 year old? But surely even 12 year olds have more sense than this person, and are at least following the storyline accurately?

"Serious? People want Damon and Elena to 'do it'. Having sex with your current/ex boyfriend's brother is just wrong imo. Stefan would do anything for Elena, Damon wouldn't. Damon is too selfish. I'd hate it if Damon saved me instead of my best friend!!! I'd hate him also for killing people I cared about, like killing Elena's brother (even though he's fine now), he also killed Vicki, Lexi, her teacher and many more I cannot remember."

Uh, what was that? She'd hate it if someone chose to save her, and not her best friend? Does she want to die or something? And did she forget that Stefan had a list of hundreds of victims names he slaughtered as a ripper at the back of a cupboard in his apartment in Chicago?? As a Damon/DE fan, I think TVD fans of this sort are the WORST. If they hate Damon, then fine. There are plenty of Damon/DE fans who hate Stefan. But at least they hate Stefan for legitimate reasons. The reasons this fan gives doesn't even make sense.
tongue
So far in season 4, these are the ones that have helped Elena with her transition.

Damon: first of all by being truthful. Instead of tiptoeing around the inevitable outcome, he simply stated the fact that she had no choice but to feed or die. And in Memorial he convinced her to drink from the vein.

Matt: by letting her drink his blood, ultimately saving her.

Caroline: by simply standing by her side when she almost attacked April.

The only one who doesn't seem to have helped Elena thus far is Stefan. He thinks he's helping her, but he's only getting her killed. All over again. Seriously, how many times is he going to let her die?

He let Klaus sacrifice her, because 'I'm going to put my faith in her' (something like that)
He saved Matt and she died, because respect is so much more important than love.
She almost died in Growing Pains and was sick in Memorial, because Stefan was too much in denial.

I thought Stefan was supposed to be the safe choice.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना eve_k said…
^ Stefan loves human Elena.He has her on a pedestal and thinks that vampire Elena should act exactly the same.He says that he doesn't want her to feed on people "because it would destroy her" but the truth is he is worried that he won't she her the same way.It will destroy his image of her.And he can't stand that.He forgets that the only reason he is on the bunny diet is that he CAN NOT CONTROL himself.I twas not choice,it was need.And now he is trying to force her into his choices being very emotionally manipulative in the process.Hardly "the best choice I made" if you ask me...
wink
And if Stefan really is safer for Elena, then I have this Taylor Swift lyrics quote:

'Nothing safe is worth the drive'
I have tried and I can't see it. I can't see Stefan's purpose on the show, other than to keep Delena apart and to badmouth Damon.

'Why don't we leave the murdering to Damon?'

FUCK YOU, Stefan!

While he was being cheesy again with Elena, Damon teamed up with Klaus, Jeremy and Meredith to take down Connor. And while Stefan was complaining to Caroline about his same old guilt, it was Damon who saved Matt and comforted Elena. Stefan's the one that should leave town, because he's utterly useless.

Hey, Stefan? I think Elena's over you. You should take her puking while you're making out as the first clue. And you should take her imagining you're Damon as the second clue. So, please, move to another planet. Don't leave postcards :)
hmmm
@HaleyDewit I really hated how hypocrite Stefan was when he said that. I mean, two months (or something, I don't really keep track of the time passing in MF) ago in TVD-land, Srefan was out MURDERING PEOPLE! They are both murderers, so Stefan pretending Damon does all the murdering is really a no-go. And makes Stefan seem really stupid, really. I just want to punch him in the face when he makes a comment like that. And I'm not even a Stefan hater.
I've had it with those Stelena fans bitching about the love triangle! So what, as long as they can have their cheesefest it's all good, but as soon as DE are in the spotlight they're sick of the love triangle? Can you say hypocrite anf selfish much? I know I shouldn't let it get to me, because it shows how chicken they are.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना sugarfairee said…
I just read the most pathetic tweet ever!! --> "I have nothing against it,but Julie is destroying TVD with Delena. DE doesn't exist in books. She made it up!" Did she even read the books??
angry
erm...what???!!!! NO COMMENT!!!!
tongue
Okayyyyy, there's denial and then there's plain stupidity...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना amshafe said…
Hahaha....don't they get it doesn't matter what happens in the damn books? (although I know DE does exist in the books)

The show is LOOSELY BASED on the books. JP and KW have said before it doesn't matter what happens in the books, they need to gtf over it. Most TV adaptations of books change almost everything. They need to stop whining. And a majority of TVD viewers haven't read the books anyways.

@delenasalvatore

They have to be writing it that way on purpose. I've said it before and I'll say it again...the writers want us to root for Damon. Everything about the writing says that to me. That fact that some stubborn SE fans refuse to do so...well, their loss.

They are getting more and more pathetic by the day. Honestly, I wonder what the average age of those fans are. B/c I don't see any real valid reason to ship Stelena over Delena. Damon and Elena have so much that SE don't, it's just unbelievable. What do SE have? Puppy first love, full of denial of reality and all their issues. I just don't get it.

The saddest part? These SE fans are just using the brother thing as an excuse, they don't actually give a damn. They just don't like Delena, period.

Not only that, but the "Damon's killed ppl thing"...LMAO. Stefan can murder tons of ppl but apparently as long as he does it offscreen it doesn't count.

Also, what about Andy? Stefan killed her right in front of Damon.

Stefan also tried to drive Elena off a bridge after force feeding her blood.

He refused to help Elena save Jeremy's life by not giving Klaus' coffins back.

I mean, they've both done bad things but it seems Stefan's are just swept under the rug.

I do believe eventually everyone will see how much they've been taking Damon for granted and that they've been wrong about him. I'm waiting for that day.

Stefan is the obstacle to Delena, not the other way around.

There's a reason we got to see Damon and Elena meet first before her parent died and Stefan saved her. Damon and Elena are the ones being kept apart even though they should clearly be together.

Stefan can't handle Elena being a vampire. He loves Elena, but he loves the Elena he met right after her parents died. @eve_k is right, he has this image of her and he's afraid if she doesn't follow his way of feeding and being a vamp that he won't see her the same way, you could tell when he was going on about "guilt" and whatnot that he wasn't being honest. More like he doesn't want Elena doing things that will shatter that image, and be a burden to him and his guilt.

This is just showing how much more unconditional Damon's love for Elena is. Stefan ALWAYS is the one walking away from Elena, it's never the other way around. And he's going to do it again soon. Stefan's love is conditional, and not only that, but he won't do anything Elena disagrees w/ for fear of angering her.

Not saving her wasn't about respect, that's b.s. It was about not wanting Elena to hate him and be angry with him. How is that not selfish, when the only person he's thinking of there is himself, to the point that he's willing to risk Elena's life as long as he doesn't anger her or lose her? I mean, cmon.

Sane SE fans should see that Stefan's motivations for not saving Elena aren't right, that Damon was right once again, and you could see that when Damon gave his speech to Elena she realized that...she was questioning her choice, and that's why she convinced herself she made the best choice w/ Stefan, because he listened to what she wanted, but deep down Elena knows that she would have done what Damon would have done. And that scares her.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना NateHeartSerena said…
@Manox

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. That rant was mine! lol
O xD It was a very good one! I agree with you, obviously!
I don't think it's stupid to feel irritated with SE'ers who bitch about the triangle. For 3/4 years, Stelena fans have been lulled into a false sense of complacency. I think most of them truly believed it would never happen. Every time it looked as if the love triangle was taking off, the writers would slam on the brakes and it was just bump bump bump skid, over and over. That being said, I think that if they had been more perceptive, they would have known DE was going to happen. And that's why I get annoyed every time I hear one of them dismiss DE as lust, or that Damon's a replacement for Stefan, or some other stupid thing that has no truth or validity in the show (or in the case of the tweet sugarfairee mentioned, in the books). I swear, it's like they are so intent on NOT believing the truth, that they are content to make up anything, even if it doesn't make sense. They would rather do that than face what's real.
hmmm
Why would Elena want/need replacement for Stefan when Stefan is right there, all the time, ruining my screen?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना loveissweet19 said…
@DelenaSalvatore what you said about some of those SE fans sounds just like SE's relationship on the show. It's no wonder they ship it.. Refusing to accept the reality of the situation.

Personally I think it's been pretty obvious that this is where the show was headed from the very beginning, even as early as season 1. The seeds were being planted and the writers were slowly building the foundation for DE's relationship.. If they chose to ignore that very fact and delude themselves into thinking otherwise, they have no one to blame but themselves for their disappointment. Did they really believe that DE would always just be a tease, and the writers were never really going to go there? I find it hard to believe that anyone watching this show who isn't dumb would actually see DE's build up and relationship and think it's not important or won't come into play later on in the series... Like you said they were in denial, denial, denial and now reality is slowly creeping up on them. I know this isn't all fans but I've heard a few who are already threatening to boycott the show (which is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard TBH... Really? over a fictional couple?)

Anyway I think DE fans have been waiting way too long for DE's relationship to finally take off, and hopefully that happens this season.
@loveissweet19, it feels like aeons since you last commented! I wondered if you'd gone away forever. It's so good to have you back! You know, I never made the link between Stelena's relationship and SE fans denial before now. The parallel seems so apparent, it's a wonder I didn't think of it before.

DE HAS to happen this season. I don't like to put a time limit on their relationship, or sound desperate, but after the way 3x22 ended, and how S4 began, then the show is in real danger if the writers don't make it happen. They've spent so long warming up to it and laying the foundations for a relationship, that if the writers find a way to put DE off yet again...then it really will look as if they will never happen at all, and the worst assumptions people made about the producers being on SE's side are going to look true. Even in the face of 4 years of story-telling and romantic suspense and all the valid reasons for DE being THE Couple of the show over Stelena, it's still going to look true. Which will be horrendous for us. Because the reasons we've compiled for Delena, the parallels, the 4 seasons of development, the epic moments, the kisses which have got millions of views on YouTube, the undeniable fact that DE are the most popular couple on the show and one of the most popular on TV by far...the hundreds of reasons we have for shipping them will mean virtually nothing if they don't get together. The writers can't want us to ship DE, but not give them to us. That's asking for a serious backlash all round. There are some fans who think DE won't be together until the end of the show, but that doesn't seem fair when SE have had 2 solid seasons of being a couple at least, plus the episodes in S3 (I know they weren't together for most of it, but I'm pretty sure they still count), and S4.

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना loveissweet19 said…
@DelenaSalvatore Sorry I haven't been around lately to comment. School and real life kind of got in the way, but I did come by a few times to keep up with the most recent stuff.

But Yes I agree with everything you're saying regarding DE and the show and i think this season we might finally get some pay-off. Things are looking good so far and I'm very pleased with the episodes so far, especially after the way S3 ended. I feel like there's definitely a noticeable shift in the dynamic of the triangle, and I've enjoyed everything so far, even the way the writers are slowly tearing SE down.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना bdavis98 said…
I'm really considering stop watching the show and no it has nothing to do with the lack of DE scenes or the over load of cheeSE CRAP or even Damon getting heart broken/rejected/judged/looked down at every episode because even though it breaks my heart to see him being used by pretty much everyone then tossed a side like a pice of machine that did it's work and they don't need it/him any more so they throw it in trash I got used to it by now after 3 years of this shit u get used to it at some point right??

Back to my point, the reason that will make stop watching TVD is because of "saint" dick,selfish,hypocrite, weak,coward Stefan I didn't think I could possibly hate more then I alaredy did but this season each episode my hate for him just grows deeper and deeper. I mean the guy bisically KILLS/LET "the love if his life" DIE and yet somehow he's the "good guy" because he "respected" her chose CRAP and Damon is the "bad guy" because he would have saved her life.
Then again Damon is the bad guy for being realistic about Elena not having much of a choice either she dies or becomes a vampire,and fucking "saint" stefn is the "good guy" becUse he giving her false hope because even though Elena was going through the hardest time in her life it was still about "saint" Stefan trying to make up for his mistck insted of really helping her

Then there's the whe blood thing the girl was starving to death but she kept it from "saint" Stefan so he won't get upset, and when Damon tried to help "saint" stefan punched and u know why?? No it's because Damon did something bad or hurt elena in anyway no because Damon hurt his feelings well boho the love of his life is suffering from something HE DID to he (by letting her die those becoming a vampire) and the first/only person who tried to help her u hit him really??? The punch wasn't about defending Elena or whatever in any way it was about him and him only. And even with all the horrible things he did last season he still thinks he's better than Damon to quote mr. "saint" (let's leave the killing for Damon) I mean REALLY???? As If you never killed anyone in your life,as if u didn't use your so called "the love of your life" as device as part of you revenge plan
That fucking dick has the guts to call Damon the "bad guy" the one who munplites with people, look who's taking from day 1 that all he has done lie after lie, secrets kept from Elena and everyone and somehow he's the "honest" "good guy" REALLY???

I'm going to stop watching the show because somehow it always ends up being about "saint" fucking Stefan no matter what, even if the situation wasn't about at all it still ends up about him and how "good" he is the guy is NEVER at fault NEVER that just so unrealistic and got old long time ago
He makes the show not worth watching he makes it look so stupid and so predictable
angry
amen!!! i could not agree more!! just when i think my hatred for this selfcentered prick couldn't be anymore higher than it already is, this fuckery of an episode goes and proves me wrong once again!!! i CAN seriously believe that he is willing to keep the info about the cure from damon, because he's so selfish that way, it's come to be what i expect of him!! HE DOES NOT DESERVE all this worship from elena and the gang!! he is so full of himself, and he NEVER works for forgiveness, he has it thrown to him on a silver platter again and again, while the RIGHTFUL hero of the show, is made to be looked down upon and tortured, and critisied again, and again and again,!!! SERIOUSLY!!! THIS BULLSHIT FUCKERY HAS GOT TO STOP, AND STOP NOW!!! IT IS BEYOND UNBLIEVEABLE THAT THAT SELFCENTERED BASTARD, IS CONTINUELY LET OFF THE HOOK AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN!!! this is some seriously BAD wiriting!! i am sooooo dissapointed with the writer's they are literally DESTROYING elena 's character,and the show along with it!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! WE HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH THIS CONSTANT BULLSHIT FOR FOUR FUCKING SEASONS NOW!!!, IT HAS TO STOP, THE FANS WANT DELENA, AND ONE WAY OR ANOTHER WE WILL GET IT!!!
wink
So,Stefan's genius plan is to have himself and Elena humans again and leave happily ever after while she sporadically makes blood donations to Klaus??And I was so stupid,that thought that at least as a vampire she got free of Klaus...Apparently not.Being a blood-bag was the best thing that ever happened to her and she must not lose that experience...I salute you Stefan!!!
I think the cure thing is INCREDIBLY lame. And that's all I have to say about it for now, still progressing the stupidness of it.
@ eve_k: My thoughts exactly! As a vampire Elena might be struggling now, but once she learns to be a vampire she'll be stronger than ever and tougher than ever. Stefan keeps thinking that when Elena kills someone the guilt will destroy her, but for FUCKS SAKE, SHE IS NOT STEFAN!!! And really? He's going to conspire with Klaus who made their lives a living hell, so the love of his love (who he let die, I might add) can go back to being hybrid supply? I don't want it. I don't want Elena turning human again, because I fear that when that happens the cheesefest will be back on completely. And I just can't handle anymore cheese. That scene at the beginning was so...

And Bonnie! Geez! If it's not Caroline or Stefan, it's her worshipping at St. Stefan's sorry ass. It's as if the writers are trying to convince us to turn against Damon, but the more crap they throw at him the more people that will choose his side.

We want Delena! We need Delena! We deserve Delena!

PS: I thought Caroline was supposed to witness a DE moment? I guess that was Bonnie.
PPS: Has anyone realized Damon is again the only one who knows Professor Shane is-to say it with his words-creepy?
I'm a woman but i don't understand womens I really really don't, women always say they want a man who's always there for them through the easy part abd especially the hard parts,women say they want a man who makes them laugh,a man who takes control of the situation a man who she feeks comfortable enough to argue with about and be vanurable with yet makes her feel strong,a selfless man who would always put her first,an honest man who's straight with her about how he feels and trust her enough to tell her all his secrests

Well all these amazing qualities excite on one of the guys she's in a love tringal with but the women always chocies the guy who lies,cheats,hide secrtes from,who pretends to be something he's not, who uses her so i really really don't understand women

I'm saying all of this because there are 4 cases in 4 different tv shows where this happned ok so here we go:
1)damon from TVD (I don't need to explain that one right)
2) Eric northman from TB
3)wade kensalla from HOD
4)duke crocker from haven
These four amazing men who all the qualities I said before applies to them (I wanted to explain each one of them but I'm writing this from my IPhone so it's harder,it will take a lot of time and I'm about to sleep so i'm sorry i didn't explain more about each one of them) anyway back to my point each one if these guys have these amazing/incredible qualities that everyone women looks for and wants and yet some how each one of these women (elena,Sookie,zoe,Audrey) pick the other guy who are hypocrite,lair,selfish,self centered,dicks,users (Stefan,bill,George,Nathan)

So I really really fon't understand women or at least these women, after watching them not appreciating what they have I don't blame men for not getting women because I my self a women don't understand what the hell they ate thinking!!!!
It's like they love the pain/lies these guys(stefan,bill,george,nathan) cause them which is 1000,000 times worse than these guys (Damon,Eric)(wade,duke, I put those two alone because they didn't cause any pain to the women's they love unlike Damon & Eric,but ofcourse it's nothing like the pain and suffering Stefan & bill cause Elena & Sookie)

Anyway,like I was saying these girls always run back to the guys who lie,cheat,use,abuse.... The most so I really don't understand this van someone explain it for me?!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना clairmxxx said…
guys, i really need to say this, just once..

saint f*cking douchy dick is REALLY pissing me off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its just he always seems to look down on Damon, his own brother, all the time :'(

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ivybelle said…
angry
^^^ i know right!!?? how can anyone like this bastard!! he just has to put down Damon to make himself look good. dude seriously!! grow up!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना CharmedFan4eva_ said…
I'm still so happy that STELENA IS OVER!!!!! hopefully forever but maybe not...idk but I'm still super excited! <3 n cant wait for next episode. I'm ignoring Stefan for now, even him cannot ruin my happiness.
SE'ers apparent stupidity never fails to amaze me. The way some of them are carrying on, threatening to boycott the show, saying they are going to quit watching is ridiculously childish. This was always going to happen. This is not some cruel and mind-bending trick the writers have pulled out of their hats after hiding it from us for the past 3 years, there have been many hints that DE would get together and SE would end. That they can't accept it is their own fault. What do they do? Watch the show with ear-plugs and a blindfold in hand so they can cover their eyes and ears when DE come on the screen? Are they in such deep denial that they are unable to comprehend the dialogue when DE have a conversation, or talk about each other to their friends? Seriously. What is wrong with them that their brains immediately disengage from reality when it comes to DE and SE? And why is it that certain Stefan/SE fans continue to antagonize Damon after he's changed so much, and still see Stefan as the wounded hero? I've noticed that a lot of SE fans seem to be frozen in some kind of time warp, and their understanding of Damon and Stefan and DE/SE is from when TVD first aired on TV, in 2009. Their perceptions of those characters and relationships hasn't changed at all since then.

Another thing I ask is; WHY is it that some DE fans continue to be defeatist and ultra negative, even after SE break up and Elena admits to having feelings for Damon? It's like they can't be happy no matter what. When something bad happens, they say "DE will never happen. It's always going to be SE. Kevin and Julie said so, and this proves it. I believe them 100 percent." When something amazing happens, they say "DE will never happen. It's always going to be SE. Kevin and Julie said so, and I believe them 100 percent." I just have to rage about this for a moment, because although Kevin and Julie have gushed about SE in the past, a lot has changed. Elena said in 2x01, "It's always gonna be Stefan." Is it still true? No. In 3x22 and in 4x01 she was all "I chose Stefan because I love him...It's the best decision I ever made. I'll be with him forever if I want." Is it still true? No. Don't these fans have minds of their own? What makes them trust Kevin and Julie so implicitly when the show has proved time and time again that nothing that Elena has said about Stefan - or indeed Damon: ("Maybe that's the problem", "I hate him" "You have lost me forever,") has remained constant through the passing of time? Are they really going to believe everything the producers say?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना delenaluv said…
laugh
speaking of s/e fans whoes brains have disengaged, i had the (non)pleasure of having a friendly debate with 1 on tvd fanpop page and it ended like it usual does withh them which is not well. u know ur nearing the end when the only responsed they have left 2 give is that they don't care and they just keep responded cuz they think ur responses r funny. what i find funny is some1 claiming not 2 care at all but still finding the time 2 reply back yet saying how it's u that is going on and on. i'd rather be a person that "goes on and on" about something i care about and believe in instead of going on and on wasting my time about something a claim 2 give 2 shits about!! i had 2 ask if she doesn't really give a shit and that it's just a show then why bother joining fanpop in the 1st place or continue 2 reply in the 2nd? since she cares so little i'll be expecting a response back shortly!! lol
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना xoheartinohioxo said…
What do they do? Watch the show with ear-plugs and a blindfold in hand so they can cover their eyes and ears when DE come on the screen?

Okay first i have to address this comment - you are amazing, you know that right?! This is probably the most accurate description for [most] Stelena fans! *I say most because i am friends with a few SE fans who are very lovely, kind girls that never disrespect DE/DE fans & they can acknowledge that there is obviously something there between Delena. They may not like it, but they don't deny it.*

Another thing I ask is; WHY is it that some DE fans continue to be defeatist and ultra negative, even after SE break up and Elena admits to having feelings for Damon? It's like they can't be happy no matter what.

Now this - THANK YOU! I'm so glad someone else sees this because i was starting to feel like I'm the only one NOT being a negative Nancy!

Now please, PLEASE understand that I am not trying to attack ANYONE, especially not my amazing Delena girls! [I may not talk directly to many of you, but we're part of this spot, we love Delena, so that makes you my girls! And I am fierce when it comes to my girls ♥] But the negative attitudes is part of what was getting me so frustrated with all the anti-Caroline/hating on Caroline.

Trust me when i say that i am in NO WAY happy or pleased that Caroline is once again being used as the writers personal Stelena cheerleader, BUT seeing as it's nothing new AND how 100% confident i am in DE, I really can't find the strength to be fussed by it!
I still like Caroline, but the fact that she's used by the writers as a "Stelena cheerleader" is beyond ridiculous. It makes the character seem really dumb about not noticing Stefan in season 3.

What I'd like to talk about is this:

"Damon is in love with her humanity not HER as a compatible soulmate."

Can we just laugh at that statement? ='D Who is this person talking about? *cough* Stefan *cough* Certainly not Damon! Secretly a DE fan who wants to see Damon's qualities in Stefan?
@Manonx - definitely Stefan! A big part of why he fell for Elena in the first place was that she was a human Katherine. Stefan doesn't like being a vampire, so being with a human girl is the perfect way to forget what he is. I think he even admits to Lexi something along those lines in S1, but I don't have the exact quote. Damon didn't have that issue. But nevertheless, it's still a valid reason for loving someone, right? I mean...how can you separate someone's 'humanity' from who they are as a person anyway? Isn't somebody's humanity an intrinsic part of who they are? For example, everyone thought Damon was this heartless monster at first but he wasn't really. His humanity was still there, it was just buried underneath where no-one could see it that well. If Stefan's love for Elena was unconditional, he wouldn't care that she was the same as him. He would say to her 'No matter how many mistakes you make, or even if you kill someone, I will always love you. Nothing can change that.' Does he? No. Because in reality, that would affect how he saw her so he tries to protect her from that. While it may be for her sake, it's for his own as well. So of the two brothers, Damon's love is the stronger. Because his love for Elena remains unchanged - which means he doesn't just love her for her humanity, he loves her for who she is. Whether she's a vampire or not, she's still the same girl inside. So he DOES love her as a 'compatible soul mate'.
@delenasalvatore: here's the quote you're looking for.

"Elena is warm and she`s kind and she`s caring and she`s selfless and it`s real and honestly when I`m around her I completely forget what I am."
smile
@delenasalavtore one of the main reasons I never/will never ship SE is because the never really loved each other, Elena feel in love with this normal teenage boy with a tragic story about losing both of hsis parents like she did, and "saint" feel in love with a girl who was still trying to cop with the lost of her parents and sating still in one place. They never really showed the real side of them to one another, and when they did by chance/mistake they always just ignore it or made excuse for it.

They feel with who they were in between, "saint" loved the quite girl with tragic story which is just ONLy part of Elena, and Elena feel in love with the boy who keeps everything the same never changing again that's just part of "saint", they were both going through a phase trying to cop ety everything that was going on in their lives and when they got together both of them were stuck on that phase and feel in love with that person in the phase. But it was just a phase nothing more than that and that's why now that both have moved on from the phase they found that they really didn't love the other for who they truly are or it least didn't love each other enough for who they really are
Hence "saint" only loving the quit Elena and Elena only loving the "saint"
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना TheWuzzy said…
sad
I really, really hate o rain on everyone's parade but I SERIOUSLY need to get this off of my chest:
I've been waiting for three years for Delena to happen, and now in the next episode it looks like all my fangirl dreams are going to be fulfilled.
But you know what? I don't want it.
I'm not ready. THEY are not ready. IT SEEMS TOO EASY. How can Elena suddenly be all after Damon when only six episodes ago she was swearing to Stefan that he was the only one? Yes, of course she's changed now she's a vampire but TOO SOON. She can't just turn her back on all that. She is still the same girl deep down - after breaking Damon's heart is she really going to try and just casually break up with Stefan and wander into his arms? Arrrrrk. I'm so confused about my feelings right now, because I know I should be screaming with excitement but... it suddenly all seems hollow. I thought this was what I wanted more than anything, but now that it's here... I don't know anymore. :( :(
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना arilyn said…
@TheWuzzy i think fans are expecting too much out of next episode. I don't think anything very significant will happen other than Elena confessing her feelings.
I seriously doubt DE is going to get together in the next few episodes.
I am not that worried.I think that it may be a little to soon but because the writers always take DE seriously and slowly I doubt that they will disappoint us know.After all DEX is a very special moment that we have been waiting for for too long,and I trust that they will treat it as such.
What I am worried about is the spoiler about "it is not what it seems." I don't know if I can handle another dream or hallucination.We have seen so many of those with DE that another one would reach the point of ridiculous. If anything,whatever is going to happen at least let it be real this time.We deserve at least that much.
When the episode ended, I was sad and disappointed. It was all perfect, but the conversation between Stefan and Caroline kind of ruined it for me.
But then I started thinking and I kicked myself in the ass. Since when do I listen to Stefan or Caroline? Of all people? So, just because they say Elena is sired to Damon, I accept it as true? No! No way! Stefan has always disrespected Damon, has always badmouthed his brother. And Caroline is just too ignorant for words. So, no, I'm not going to listen to these two....I can't come up with a word that describe how much I despise them.

You know what I love? Caroline has to incessantly repeat how Stefan and Elena are epic and soulmates. But one look on Matt's face and you can tell he's Team Delena.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना DelenaDiaries said…
heart
^^^I was listening to Bon Iver's Skinny Love when I read your comment @haleydewit and I don't know whether I laughed or cried but I got a big sense of hope, so thank you
I am not worried about the sire bond at all. If it's real, then it is separate from Elena's love for Damon, and certainly couldn't have been responsible for her falling for him, which happened way before she was turned. I am here to rant about stupid hypocritical multi-shippers. (No offence to anyone who multi-ships here btw. You're fine. It's just certain fans who say they love SE and DE, but then compare them and say; 'DE are cute, but SE are soulmates.' And la la la la). I saw one on YouTube who said "This is cute! But their love is just sexual. Stefan is her soulmate. He actually looked into her eyes and stuff when they made love. Damon just treated her like another girl in his line-up. I love SE and DE though!'
I mean, Aagggghhhh! *clutches hair* JUST SEXUAL? Bitch, please. If it was just sexual, why didn't Damon sleep with Elena long ago? I mean, it's not like he never had the chance. Why does he do all the things he does to protect her and save her and help her with whatever problems she has, and compel Jeremy to go to Denver to keep him out of harm's way, and get bitten by a werewolf and almost die trying to save her friends, and encourage her to patch things up with Stefan, and put her and Stefan first even if it means he can't be with her? They are just so hypocritical to say they love SE and DE, even though they blatantly prefer SE. If they love SE more, then fine. But say so instead of being coy about it and saying you love them both. They DON'T. They never see any of the things Damon does for Elena. Never. Unless it's something terrible, which they will then recount whenever they get the chance without fail.
big smile
@DelenaDiaries: anything to cheer up the Delena fa,s :)
BTW, anyone else who was a little..stunned by Caroline's reaction to Stefan saying Klaus needed Elena to create more hybrids? So, it's okay for Klaus to jack her blood as long as Steffie can be with her, but Elena having feelings for Damon is all wrong? And what was that crap about Damon never being right? Seriously! Can this bitch be anymore ignorant? Where's Katherine, where's Rebekah? I need those two to come back.