Damon & Elena {RANTING THREAD} Ship ranting, off-topic ranting, whatever! Rant your hearts out.

SpuffyDelena posted on Mar 07, 2011 at 08:43AM
Sometimes you just need to let it out....

Just one rule: NO BASHING OF SHIPPERS. NONE. Do not use specific SNs or target posters.
last edited on Mar 07, 2011 at 08:59AM

Damon & Elena 3418 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 3151-3200 of 3418

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना delenasalvatore said…
You know what really troubles me? It's when people say that DE shippers are the worst fans: rude, disrespectful, aggressive, intolerant of others who don't ship DE etc...don't they realise that there are people like that in EVERY fanbase, including THEIRS? Months ago I contacted a Bamon fan who re-posted an article of ours on their spot (btw, it was sort of about them), along with some 'choice' comments (mine), asking her to take it down. The effect it had on most of the Bamon fans who commented was akin to dangling a piece of raw meat in front of a pack of ravenous hyenas. While there were one or two who didn't think the article should have been re-posted on their spot, the grand majority took the whole thing as licence for a 'DE bashing free-for-all'. That was months ago, and the article got removed. I never got a reply, so I assumed the Bamon fan didn't have anything to say to my (long) message to her. Earlier this week, to my amazement, I received a reply. She didn't give me any reason for why she had re-posted an article of ours without the author's knowledge, or what her motivations were. She just said, didn't I know that DE fans have said way worse things about Bamon? I asked in my reply to her, even if DE fans have said worse things, is that a good excuse or reason for basically inciting yet more hatred? There will never be a time when all fandoms are friends, but they can learn to tolerate each other. As long as people deliberately stir up trouble or incite ship wars, that will never happen. People need to get over this 'blame game' of saying 'Well, YOU'RE worse than we are, so there' - that's childish and stupid. I don't know if DE fans say worse things about Bamon. But I know in the past, Bamon fans have not been exempt from saying bad stuff about DE shippers. Pretending that they're better than we are is a big fat lie.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना loveofdelena said…
smile
heh! if you think that's irritating, you want to see some of the shit they post in our tag on tumblr! some of it will be guarenteed to piss you off! that's all im going to say!! same goes for stelena too!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना aceg said…
@TheWuzzy: I don't have the IT ship even though I thought Bamon was in the past. I did enjoy some tvd couples to a certain degree like Delena, Steroline, Jarlic etc.

@Manonx: yeah that person whose name mustn't be mentioned take things so personally which is really sad.
OK, so I was scrolling through all the new and upcoming couples/shipping spots out of curiosity. Damon and Caroline, anyone? Elena and Elijah? Bonnie's multi-shipping? Then I looked at the Kian spot and saw the funniest thing ever:

"i know it sounds lame, but i'm just hoping that all this atraction to Nian is just so Kian can be together without all the cameras and paparazzi stuff u know? that's how i'm thinking when i'm seeing all those new photos with Nina and Ian holding hands, and the press are writing about their dating"

HOW DELUSIONAL AND CRAZY CAN THEY BE?! They have reached giddy new heights of desperation, and they cannot possibly get any more deluded than they already are. It's like saying all the 'attraction' to Rob and Kristen is just so Rob can be with Ashley Greene! It's OK to enjoy Kat/Ian as an alternative/AU shipping because you enjoy them as 'Bamon', but to actually think that Nian - who have been together for over a year - is simply acting as a cover-up so Kian can be together is going too far. If Kat and Ian WERE dating, or wanted to, then what do they think is stopping them? Kat isn't Jennifer Lopez. They're not Hollywood royalty who need another couple to act as a decoy so they can have a normal life. They film in Atlanta, not L.A. And doesn't Kat have a boyfriend? Seriously, if Bamon fans honestly think Ian would use Nina like that by pretending to the world they were a serious couple so the paparazzi would leave his 'real' relationship with Kat alone, then they need help. Then again, when you consider how some Bamon fans react to the tiniest scene which features their beloved couple, and take it as a declaration for epic love, I suppose desperation and twisted logic is normal for them. Even so, it disturbs me that they can't accept the truth and have to make everything about Kat and their fantasies.
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
@delenasalvatore I seldomly visit Daroline because I ship them (not necessarily romantic) and those spot you mentioned above.

Their ardent devotion to Bonnie/Kat can be blind at times, but do you think Matt/Julia's twitter incident and TVD's treatment of non-Caucasian character played a part in this? And their need to be more vocal about Kat/Bonnie and the so-called Bonnie multishipping is a strategy to pressure TPTB giving Bonnie decent s/l?
@aceg, I was only vaguely aware of the Twitter thing and even now, I'm not quite sure what it was about other than Julie and Matt made some Bonnie fans really angry about something (did Jules say that vampires and witches don't mix or something?) and fans accused them of being racist. I heard that one fan went so far as wanting to boycott the show. I don't know the details. About TVD's treatment of Bonnie - I don't know. I do think it's a bit suspicious that some Bamon fans don't necessarily like Damon, who is a huge character on the show, and yet continue to support the idea of Bamon. I mean, if they loved Damon, and he was their favourite character, then it would make sense to ship him with Bonnie when they love her too. But if he gets on their nerves most of the time, then it could be argued that their shipping of Bamon is partly for superficial reasons. If the writers did 'Bamon' on the show, then of course Bonnie would get more scenes. I've often wished the writers gave Bonnie a proper love interest - sexy, European, maybe a vampire hunter, someone decent. I'm sure that if they did that, a lot of the interest in 'Bamon' would fade away. Not completely, but a lot of fans would move on from it. As to how this plays into fans need for Kian to be real, I dunno. I think that if Bamon can't happen on the show, they would happily settle for an off-screen relationship between the two instead. But it all seems pointless, quite frankly. Anyone with half a brain can tell that Nian are a couple. Why do they have to distort the truth all the time? It's tragic. And where did this devotion to Bonnie/Kat come from, anyway? Elena/Nina and Caroline/Candice don't seem to inspire the same craziness.
@delenasalvatore Some Bonnie fans tweet to JP about wanting Kol/Bonnie. Then JP replied why would you ship Bonnie with a cold blood murder not Jamie. Apparently, JP's tone angered Bonnie fans and they took it as lack of respect for both the character and her fans. Then Matt came to Julie's defense: "Are Jewish people upset about Bonnie's treatment." It is obvious his comment doubled bonnie/kat fans anger and they thought it was insult to Kat (she's Jewish decent too)

You can check this site for details.
link

I don't know. I do think it's a bit suspicious that some Bamon fans don't necessarily like Damon, who is a huge character on the show, and yet continue to support the idea of Bamon.

It is rather complicated with Bamon fans' mixed perception of Damon as a character. I partially agree that some bamon fans were notoriously known for bully Damon and Ian; there are fans that criticized Damon for his volatile nature and feelings of unworthiness need to be balanced by a powerful and strong supernatural characters. And giving his unpleasant interactions with the folks of MF, only Bonnie could deal with him because she's a powerful witch, a rational and loyal character, someone who doesn't take crap from anybody. They think that Elena is too forgiving with Damon. There are also some really nice Bamon fans who loved Damon but haven't seen them that much on bamon spot now.

I've often wished the writers gave Bonnie a proper love interest

You are absolutely right. This is a major reason for Bonnie fans unhappiness with the show especially when Elena and Caroline got storylines and pairings not Bonnie. Then Elena and now Caroline took the blame for Bonnie's lack of s/l and lack of attentions from boys lol. They think the writers focus too much on propping Elena and Caroline s/l not enough Bonnie.

And where did this devotion to Bonnie/Kat come from, anyway? Elena/Nina and Caroline/Candice don't seem to inspire the same craziness

lol perhaps they took everything too personally (I know I was before) I think lack of Bonnie pairings/Bamon only feed their anxiety more. Oh and I absolutely agree with you on that Kian stuff.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना TheWuzzy said…
@delenasalvatore
The fact that Bonnie gets no substantial storylines and is basically abandoned as a character as far as I can see, makes the Bonnie fans very angry. That's why they're so crazy. I mean she's such a potentially strong character and yet she barely appears in the show. I wish she got a decent love interest as well, a strong, sexy capable guy who was a match for her! I mean this new guy who's basically her half brother is cute but it's so OOC for Bonnie, it's like the writers are trying to placate the fans by giving Bonnie something to do but can't be bothered to give it a nice build up and storyline. If you think about it Car has had loads of her own storylines and character development, and what has Bonnie had since the witch thing in Season 1? Her thing with Jeremy, and that's basically it. It really peeves me because she used to be my fave character after Damon, but very quickly in S2 the writers seemed to drop her and only wheel her out as a plot device, when they need a spell casting! I totally understand the Bonnie fans frustration.

Oh, and the twitter incident was ridiculous and was blown all out of proportion. Matt behaved unproffesionally, but by this point he was coming to the rescue of Julie who was basically being assaulted via the internet, so it's not like he wasn't provoked, and his behaviour was far better than most of those stupid fans. There's a scary hardcore group of Bonnie fans who, like you said, are like a pack of hyenas. Do anything in the slightest to annoy them and the next minute it's like the apocalypse is nigh - they're bloody insane, and very immature.

@aceg
You're right about the Bamon fans. I get angry that they 'ship' Bamon and yet hate Damon and bully him constantly but I've realised why. It's because the majority of Bamon fans are just Bonnie fans who desperately want Bonnie to have a love interest who is actually a match for her. She never has so far, all her love interests have been about as exciting as damp squibs. They think, who else on the show can we ship Bonnie with who is smart, witty, sexy, and arguably has chemistry with Bonnie etc etc.... oh yeah.... Damon! And that is why they ship them together, even though as loyal Bonnie fans they agree with Bonnie's judgemental treatment of Damon, who is a murderer and a douche, much as we love him. She doesn't take any crap from Damon, which I think is hilarious, and I really enjoy their scenes together. I love them as a pair but not as a couple, if you see what I mean, since I'm a raving Delena fan.
@TheWuzzy:
I got Matt meant to dampen the hatred against JP from those twitter bonnie fans. Unfortunately, it backfired on him... Those susceptible bonnie fans already fired accusations at TVD for display of subtle racism (black characters being servant or killed). Unfortunately Julie and Matt tweets only strengthen Bonnie fans' belief about TVD ' s racial prejudice and preference. Then they even opened campaign against TVD on fanpop bamon spot and public site. If Matt modulated his tone this would be less likely to happen.

Yep. And I guess the facts that some Bamon fans are hardcore Stefan/Stelena/Paul fans partially determined their unfavorable assessment on Damon/Elena/Delena/Nian even though they refused to admit it.
@aceg, if I may ask, why did you stop shipping Bamon? (Just out of interest).

@TheWuzzy, Bonnie fans may be justified in being angry at Bonnie's lack of character development/story, but I still don't think they should ship her with Damon just because they see it as a way for Bonnie to get more screen time. I think it's pretty manipulative and shallow of them to do that, even if they can't see it. If they love Bonnie and they love Stefan, why don't they ship Stefonnie? And I don't think it's right that they turn their anger onto DE and Damon/DE/Nian fans just because they feel bitter. I've noticed that some Bamon fans can be quite prejudiced against DE and the DE fanbase. While I've no doubt that they've had bad experiences with DE shippers on the subject of Bamon, it sometimes feels that they thrive on a certain degree of animosity towards Delena. For example, they'll say that the only reason why DE shippers don't like Bamon is because we feel 'threatened'. When discussing the reasons why Bamon should be together, they can't do it without tearing DE apart. It's like they need to dismantle the argument for DE in order to validate their ship.
@delenasalvatore: it is a gradual transition from supporting Bamon to abandoning Bamon. After season 2 finale, I took a break from TVD and bamon spot to escape from endless disputes and regroup my thoughts on the show/ship. I begun to have doubts on the bamon logic. Some of Bamon fans' faith (include myself) is built upon formulaic logic. While the potential of bamon hookup still kept my interest at the time, I no longer feel the "bamon passion" in the same way other loyal bamon fans did. Meanwhile, the discrepancy between some bonnie/bamon fans and me is intensified when I challenged them over the excessive bashing and prejudice on the spot. Because of this, I got into ugly fights with them... Eventually, I abandoned Bamon.
@aceg, wow. I admire your courage for challenging them. I remember one Bamon fan who published an article on the spot ages ago about the negativity she saw there, and she was practically eaten alive for it. We used to rant about what was going on on the Bamon spot almost every day, usually because of one person's articles. But when S3 started, things went really quiet so I assumed the Bamon spot had calmed down. Did you leave the spot completely? When you challenged them about the bashing and prejudice, what did they say? I mean, did they deny it or did they try to justify it? (Again, this is just out of interest. It always amazed me how the spot kept growing with the amount of negativity on there.
smile
@delenasalvatore: yep that article hit on the right spot despite its harsh tone. The responses were greatly unfavorable because she touched on sensitive subject. I don't know if the interested parties would ever give a pertinent remark on the points after they calmed down... I didn't write articles to speak my dissent opinions due to laziness lol. I and another bamon fan called some ardent bamon fans out over hearsay about Ian cheating and vendetta against DErs on Bamon rant forum. lol you wouldn't be surprised about their responses. Preach to deaf ears that's all I could say lol. The Lady Meir of bamon spot (my nickname for A.P) got mad and said "I was so sick of being here" and want to leave. One of her Mossad said we kissed DE fans ass and fuck us lol. two bamon fans also removed me from their friend list because I didn't support the " DE fandom is responsible for shipper war" article post on tvd spot. A Christian bamon fan who wrote a mini-rant on bamon tvd discussion forum in which she declared DE as "vile, disgusting and sick" I post a reply,as a religious faithful committed to a religion which unjustly punished people in history, you should be careful with your words not to be reminded of the dark past. She became mad at me for vilify her religion...Shortly afterward I considered withdraw from bamon spot. But I declined. Despite some unpleasant confrontations on bamon spot, I got to know some wonderful bamon fans there. And I can't just cut off completely you know. Nowadays I still visit there sometimes.

P.S. Many nice bamon fans were rarely seen on bamon spot now. The ones that stay there are usually the noisy ones.
big smile
ROFL!! they crack me up!! sorry, but if delena is vile , disgusting and sick, then WHAT is bamon???!!!! is this coming from afanbase who thinks it's cool to have one half of their ship, torture the other??!!! sorry bamon freaks , but if anything is SICK and DISGUSTING then it's your lameass crack ship!!! get it right children! lol
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना clairmxxx said…
i have to say this... maybe i sound really horrible, but i need to get this of my chest!!!! .... I really think Stelena fans live in coocoo land now!!! they are so blinded by the fact Elena chose Stefan that they cannot see whats really building up, they say that it does not matter that Elena met Damon first however clearly it does because when Elena was picking Stefan she said to Damon "maybe if you and i had met first" so clearly thats been put in the show to show people that DE are going for endgame & they say things to stick up for their ship that don't even make sense, its like when they are thinking of Stelena they don't apply any logic to their thoughts because if they did they would realise that it is all so different to how they like to beleive!!! Right, i am glad thats said now, i don't like to bitch on other ships but this needed saying!
angry
omg!! i tell you those team damon vs team stefan quizes r a load of BS!!! they fucking make his holiness sound like some selfless hero, and they make damon sound evil!! im telling you, whoever created those quizes, is obviously a stelena fan!!
wink
....*sigh*....those bamon fans just never seem to learn, apparently now, they've somehow got it in their heads that bonbon is damon's new love interest!! LOL!! when will they ever learn, this is NOT the books, this is the SHOW!!! and incase they have'nt noticed, jp has more than made it clear that the very thought of bamon being together is nothing short of REDICILOUS!!!! i mean if damon's quote in season 2 episode 18 didn't convince them that bamon is NEVER going to happen, then i don't know what will!!! i have a very deep feeling that the writers put that qoute in there for a very good reason, they wanted to get their point across about bamon being the most absurd thing that they have ever had the most unfortunate pleasure of hearing about!!

so whine and bitch about your witvhbitch and how you want damon to see that SHE is his true love all you want bamonbitches, get on your knees and beg JP god knows how many times to make it happen because lets be real here, IT'S NEVER GOING TO GET YOU ANYWHERE!!! vampires and witches DO NOT GO TOGETHER!!! HWO MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD THAT!!! oh yes, your precious bonbon, will indeed get a love interest, that im sure of, but one things for ceartain, IT'S NOT AND NEVER WILL BE DAMON UNDERSTOOD!!!! damon does not have feeling for bonnie, there is only 1 queen of his heart, and that is and always will be elena!! in the books and the show!! get it right idiots!!

DELENA FWT!!!
Yesterday I sneaked a peek at the SE spot and the place seemed kind of dead. Someone had posted this article about why SE are a 'healthy' relationship. Oh absolutely! What could be more healthy than letting someone you love DIE?
@clairmxxx, the writers wouldn't have Elena say 'Maybe if you and I had met first' and then show that she DID meet Damon first if it didn't mean something. I think it was their way of saying that Elena does love him, and if the timing hadn't been so messed up, then she would have chosen him, and not Stefan. I think it was also their subtle way of showing that prior to meeting Stefan, Elena wanted different things in life that she could have with Damon and DE are really meant to be together, but the timing isn't right. Of course, now that she's a vampire everything will change and although I'm trying not to get too excited about the spoilers going around, it seems pretty certain that SE will not be able to go the distance once Elena becomes a vampire. If Stefan needs to lean on someone else - (not Damon) to adjust to Elena's transition, then it definitely signals that there's trouble in paradise. Everything about Elena's choice and why she fell for Stefan had to do with him making her feel safe as a human. But now the worst thing has happened, and there is no 'safe' anymore. So the balance of their relationship has changed, and she doesn't need him to fill the 'void' in her life anymore. She doesn't need him to give a sense of 'normalcy' because her sense of what's normal has shifted dramatically as a vampire. Unfortunately, SE'ers can be notorious for turning a blind eye. Don't expect any logic from them!
I am NEVER going to read the comments on vampire-diaries.net again, because it is too damn depressing. I only wanted to post my analysis on the comic-con covers, and discovered it had been taken over by a small group of people who just want to talk negative crap. 3X22 means the triangle is over, no, it means the triangle never started, and they don't care about it anymore. It also means that the writers are just stringing fans along. Elena's love for Stefan will only intensify now that she's a vampire, and there's like, no hope or chance that that will change, as Damon was already doing everything to protect her when she was a human, and it made no difference to her.
I KNEW I shouldn't have read the comments.

OK, there are definitely things I would have changed had I been a writer for the show. I would have liked to have seen more of Elena's angst this season, and I felt we didn't really see her being torn between the two brothers. It was hinted at it, but it could have been stronger. The writers made it so subtle as to make her seem disinterested in places, but then with Stefan on a ripper relapse/recovery, was S3 the time for Elena to throw herself unabandonedly into Damon's arms? No, because she would have looked like a tramp for it. DE made huge progress this season, but because of what was going on with Stefan, they weren't free to have a relationship like they would have been had Stefan been in a good place. They would both have suffered as a result and their romance would have been short-lived.

I don't like that people are accepting that the triangle is over, because they're pretty much sweeping 3 seasons under the carpet and saying it doesn't matter and DE won't ever happen. I think that's what bothers me the most. How can you chuck all that hope away because of one episode? One episode that had more to do with DE than it did about Stelena. Quite honestly, it worries me that Julie has made a number of fans hate the triangle and lost DE shippers as well. It's not as if she's unaware of how popular DE are, but she's clearly not going to just give us what we want just because we're demanding it. However, I suppose that's her problem. It's not as if she didn't know what fans' reactions would be. If she thought she could walk away unscathed, she was severely underestimating the fans.

To say that Elena's love for Stefan will intensify now that she's a vampire is true, because she does love him, and your feelings do become magnified after you turn into a vampire. However, she also said that Damon 'consumes' her! If that's true for her as a human, it will only be more so now that she's a vampire! And if the writers want to do the 'new' Elena justice, they will most certainly have to make that a reality. You could even suggest that the writers turned Elena into a vampire at the end of S3 because they wanted to be able to explore Elena's feelings for Damon unreservedly.
Sure, the writers still have a lot to prove at this stage in the show. But they're not stupid, they must realise that. I feel upset when reading such defeatist, pessimistic comments because I feel the opposite. If I thought DE had reached the end of their journey, then I would feel it. Even if a couple isn't over, when something doesn't feel right anymore, then I always know. DE still feel right to me, and I see no reason why I should believe the worst. I look forward to the day when S4 begins and Team Pessimist change their tune.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ilovesmoothies said…
@delenasalvatore, I feel your pain. I often leave that site feeling quite depressed.. Its so sad reading the comments from these pre-finale DE fans who now claim to have been freed of their 'Delena blinkers' and are finally able to see the truth (however much they hate it) that the real epic love story of the show is and always will be SE. The part that bothers me the most is that it was made crystal clear in the finale that Stefan is no longer (and probably/hopefully never will be again) Elena's always -- he was reduced, in a single line, to her Mr. Right Now. This fact is so important in the SE (and DE) story and I cannot for the life of me fathom why anybody who calls themselves a Delena shipper could overlook it. Have you tried the DE positivity thread on the vampire-diaries.net site? Its quite a nice place to escape to (especially in the immediate aftermath of the finale) for some well deserved positivity. Also, this tumblr - link - is FANTASTIC. She is endlessly positive about DE and her posts are always such a pleasure to read. I don't have a tumblr, but I look up her's on a daily basis because it is just that good. Always perks me right up :)
@ilovesmoothies, I can tell from your description of them that you've seen for yourself the woe and brimstone the 'Bitter Club' like to spout. When I tried to defend the triangle, I was greeted with much derision and hilarity by them, who seemed to think that believing in the existence of a triangle was akin to believing the tooth fairy was real. 'Mount Doom' is certainly not a nice place to be for someone who ships DE. I visit the site regularly but I intend to stay away from the comments from now on. I went looking for the DE positivity thread but couldn't find it anywhere. But I did have a look at the tumblr link you posted, and you were right!
angry
stupid people!!, if they can give up on delena just because of one stupid episode, that, like you said, was so much more delena centered than stelena, then it just goes to show you where their loyalties truely lie doesn't it!! they are not, and certainly never will be true delena shippers!! oh and as for their BS about the triangle being over, and stelena being the TRUE love story of the show, they seriously need to watch all three season's again, because NOWHERE in those three season's do i ever get the feeling that where are or ever will be the the true epic love love story of the show, not much has changed for them to be considered true love! they just continue to love eachother with no obticals between them!! THAT IS NOT TRUE LOVE!!!!

listen, don't worry about what they think, they will be laughing on the other side of their asses, when they are the ones, who are proved wrong, and it will be humilliating for them!! DELENA WILL HAPPEN, WE JUST JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT!!! AFTERALL, GOOD THING NEVER COME TO THOSE WHO AREN'T PATIENT!!!!! REMEMBER THAT!!!! DE 4EVA!!!!
@loveofdelena, I don't think they stopped believing because of 3x22, I could see from their comments pre-finale that they were already seriously disillusioned with the triangle, or lack of it, according to them. 3x22 simply reinforced their beliefs/prejudices that it was a one-stop shop away from an all-singing, all dancing SE endgame. Now, these people absolutely don't like SE at all, so it's not because they secretly always preferred SE or think they're an epic love or anything like that, but they have become so embittered about the lack of triangle action, that they have conceded that Stelena are the writers' No. 1 couple and priority, even though they don't want them to be together. How sad is that?? While we can all say how much it sucked that Elena chose Stefan, SE were nothing but a side-note in the finale, and there was much to encourage us that DE would be endgame. It's absurd that they can't get past her choice when Elena pretty much admitted that she was just choosing Stefan for right now. It just...it really does pain me to see 'DE fans' reject the triangle in the belief that DE are meaningless in the "SE story", because I always thought that our fans were made of stronger stuff than that. In a way, it feels like a betrayal. I don't normally say this about TVD fans, but I hope for the day when I can read the comments without fear and write the Club Doom-ers a nice long 'I told you so.'
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना loveofpete said…
meh
I think the Delena fans who "gave up" on DE for right now or forever is just TIRED of waiting for something "significant" to happen in the triangle. They don't want hints or guesses, they want to be hit over the head with it just like they do with SE, so there is no debate or questions. We have done the getting to know each other , and then the two steps forward and 10 steps back for awhile now. I know it's supposedly not long on Mystic Falls time frame but it is in our reality. It has been 3 years in our reality. Ha
It is like in real life and you are waiting and waiting for something to happen and it doesn't happen. Most people would get tired, angry and frustrated especially when it is hinted or promised.
So I don't think DE fans who left, hopefully for now, is giving up lightly. I think once they hear or see some real forward movement in this "triangle" on the DE front , that actually sticks and is dealt with, then they will be okay.
When we have the characters say and do someting in one episode and a few episodes later no one remembers, it is swept under the rug or it is not followd up, most viewers would be like WTH? LOL
It would help also if TVD had some other intersting SL going on along with the traingle but they didn't. The SL that they had in S3 was great , at first, then it quickly fizzled out and got stale. Maybe in S4 if everyone have their seperate SL it will be much better, Damon has his own SL away from SE, Elena has her own etc.. I am dying for Damon to have his own SL away from Stefan, Elena/gang stuff so I can see hmi in action again and not woobified by SE.
Let them come to him if they need help.
@loveofpete, I think pretty much everyone is fed-up of waiting, but the difference between us and the Club Doom-ers is that Club Doom is taking Elena's choice as the be all and end all. They are so fixated on that, they have missed the many details in 3x22 that proved the opposite. I mean, if SE had been given a big, passionate scene when Elena told Stefan "I didn't stop loving you and I know I never will, no matter what I feel for Damon", THEN I would be seriously freaking out. But she didn't, and SE never got such a scene. The kiss was like a damp squib after 3x19. Never mind the fact that Stefan failed to pull her out of the car in time and basically let her drown. Did anyone else notice that we never even got a 'hero' shot of Stefan carrying a dead Elena in his arms, laying her on the shore of the lake and the look on his face when he realised that the girl he loved was dead?? At first, I didn't think about this until later. Then I thought: OK - what?? Like that would have been SUCH an epic scene for SE to have had, but the writers couldn't even give them that. So 3x22 had huge potential to be an epic episode for SE, but it wasn't. That should tell us something. But do the Club Doomers see that? No, because they can't get over the fact that Elena chose Stefan. Now, it's halfway through the series. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that things can and do change. If they don't, then they stagnate and fans grow bored. I agree that the writers spent a lot of time in the later half of the season where nothing much happened with the triangle because - well, nobody could make a decision. Damon stepped back to let Stefan back in, but Stefan wouldn't. Then, Stefan stepped back to let Elena figure out where she stood with Damon, and that worked a treat, until she got cold feet about the whole thing and DE had an argument that once again, left them without any real resolution to the situation they were in. If I were Julie or one of the many co-producers, I would advise the writers to keep moving forward with the story instead of having the characters being frozen in indecision whenever something big needed to happen. I would say that THAT was where the triangle went wrong this season. Too much time was wasted where the characters didn't know what to do, and where they were waiting for one or the other to do or say something or make a decision. It felt like nothing was happening. I really hope they learn from that and don't repeat the same mistake in S4. Because at this stage in the series, that's the last thing that should happen. We shouldn't be waiting for something big to happen, we should be seeing it in front of us.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना delenaluv said…
wink
i think it was very significant that we did not see stefan carry elena out of the water and realize that she was dead cuz even the writers know that the carrying elena thing belongs 2 d/e and couldn't even throw s/e that litte crumb of an important epic scene between 2 so called epic lovers...why u ask...cuz they r so NOT epic that the writers didn't even care to write a scene that should definitely have been in the finale if they truely were the epic love story of the show but the truely significant scenes and subtle hidden meanings and messages r given 2 us and only true d/e fans and people without blinders or without being in denial would dare see that what is suppose 2 be oh so subtle is in fact quite obvious!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना JanaP said…
sad
@delenasalvatore: Don´t be that much upset with some "Delena Fans" on Vampire Diaries net- at least not in the open DE theard. There is one person who CLAIM to be a DE fan and bring down the whole theard, telling how there is no hope for DE. I know this person from FF, where she did the same thing with Nian. People are already depressed, then someone like her come and make it worse and make people doupt- people are that easy to manipulate. Through I must admit that I am also very sad to read that DEers are giving up on DE, saying there is no hope for DE, that SE are the epic love story. Whenever JP has to say something they search for negative statement (or turn around her words), ignore or the good things Julie says. Personally I think it would have been to soon for Elena to choose Damon, it would have seem rushed (yeah after three season I still thought it´s not the right time). I see people go on and on about Elena let Damon die alone, which I still not get. I ddin´t see it that way, and obvious Julie didn´t write it like that. It was not her intention. But whenever a positive DEer open their mouth, defending the finale, people claim that we are delusional. It hurts so much to hear it from our own fandom. At last: I really don´t think JPs interwievs are as bad as some people make out them to be...
@delenaluv, True. The writers gave SE the minimum of scenes that was needed for them, but nowhere in that episode did they give off the vibe that it would be Stelena forever and always. They didn't care to dwell on anything that would be romantic and epic for them. That's why I get so frustrated by people who insist that SE are the favourites. They aren't. 3x22 just confirmed they aren't. If Julie REALLY loved Stelena, why didn't she put a love confession and a heroic 'carrying' scene in? If I loved SE and I thought they were the endgame, and I produced the show, I would have.

@JanaP, it's just that I can't even read the comments for whatever news the site has up, because whenever I do, it's just a group of people ranting about the 'non-existent' triangle, and why they think Damon should move on because Elena's not good enough for him, and why DE can never happen now because now that Elena's chosen Stefan again, it's too late. It wouldn't be so bad if it were from SE fans, but coming from people who 'used' to ship DE...until they 'saw the light' and realised it was never going to happen because Julie will always love SE and Elena will always love Stefan...I mean, the whole place has turned into the on-line equivalent of Mount Doom from 'Lord of The Rings'. And whenever someone says 'There's a lot of hate around here', one of the Club Doom-ers says 'What's wrong with saying how we feel?' It makes me want to throw something! Former DE fans?! Huh, I doubt that. I think Nina and Ian decided they didn't want such nasty people being in the DE fandom, and so they threw them out!!!
angry
you know what guys, i find it disgusting how stelena is portrayed as the perfect love story on the show!!, it's so rediclous!! young children who watch this show are going to grow up thinking that THAT is how true love is supposed to be!! all cheesy and overrated,, and rediclously uderdeveloped!! and that is NOT how it is at all. true love is honest, and painful.and angsty and passionate,and takes a huge amount of development to be sure it's what is supposed to be. not some boring cheesy fake fairytale!! no seriiiieeee!!! im sorry,but countless i love you's, stale hugs, lying to your partner countless times, and giving in to your parnter even at the expense of their life??? WHAT ON EARTH SORT OF EXAMPLE IS THAT TO SET THE CHILDREN????!!!!! NOT A VERY GOOD ONE BY ANY MEANS!!!! no wonder so many niave little kids are stelena fans...julie poor use of writing romance has more than likely warped their minds, poor things!!!
OK, I'm going to assume that the people who voted in vampire-diaries.net's top 5 episodes of S3 have lost their marbles or are SE shippers. Why? 3x14 'Dangerous Liaisons' made Number 4! NUMBER 4! I ask you!!! I hated, hated HATED that episode! Klaroline moments were nice, the dancing was nice...and...yeah, that's it. I'm going to assume that the only reason why it's in the top 5 at all is for Klaroline and the SE porch scene. I mean, it was such a badly written episode for Elena. Half way through the episode, she acted as if her body had been possessed by another person.
"Mama Original wants to meet me? And she's inviting me to a party? Bring it on! In spite of the numerous attempts from her son to sacrifice me/use me as a blood bank/mess with everyone I care about, and in spite of knowing that danger follows me everywhere I go, I see no reason why I shouldn't accept! I'm even going to enlist the help of my troubled ex-boyfriend to knock Damon, the only brother who's man enough to protect me, unconscious for a half-hour so I can meet Mama Original! Go Stefan! Even though Stefan previously tried to drive me off the same bridge where my parents died, terrifying me witless, it was all part of his devilish plot to get revenge on Mr Hybrid Klaus, so I forgive him. He's done nothing to deserve my forgiveness, but...oh, I must have been struck down with amnesia, I can barely remember it even happened! Then, after I've done all that, I'm going to put my foot in it when Damon tells me he loves me by inferring that it's a problem. Just to complete my 'Elena's-lost-her-marbles' transition, right after I've said the worst thing I possibly could to Damon, the only brother who's man enough to do whatever it takes to keep me safe, I'm going to prove to Stefan that he still loves me by pressing myself against him on the porch in one last bid to salvage our damaged relationship, and tick off all the viewers who've been wanting the triangle to get started. What a minx I am! The morning after, I'm going to discover that Damon spent the night banging that bitch Rebekah, and even though I probably drove him to it after rejecting him, I'm going to be so mad, I won't be able to hold a civil conversation with him for the next 6 episodes."

Seriously, there's no doubt about it. 3x14 was a BAD episode. It does not deserve to be in the top 5. The writers must have been possessed by a horde of aliens, because it was as if half of Elena's brain had been sucked out of her ears. There was just no explaining why she acted the way she did. 3x14 caused the maximum damage to the triangle, Elena and DE. It made it look as if she would only ever love Stefan even though it wasn't true. The triangle lost a lot of fans because of horrible writing.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना TheWuzzy said…
cool
@delenasalvatore To try and see it positively, apart from of course the Klaroliners loving it, 3x14 had a lot of yummy angst and drama, saw Damon being badass!Damon (which was very lacking for most of S3) and in a way I liked it as I was like "Yeah, Damon, abandon Elena and make HER come running and apologising for a change!" It was good in my eyes, and even good for DE because I thought it was going to be a game changer for the love triangle which had been stagnating for the past coupla eps. So don't be too sad :)

About these Club Doomers, wth is their problem!? If they actually thought about it for a second they'd see that the so called "Epic for SE" finale was frankly, well, shit. If I was an SEer not only would I be flaming pissed that my couple got the lamest send off ever but I would be quivering in my pants at how blatantly obvious it was that SE were on shaky ground and DE were far FAR from over! Don't let the haterz get you down.

You know DE actually got the best deal because the one thing we dreaded --Elena choosing Damon just because she's on the rebound --- didn't happen infact that's basically what the finale did to Stefan! I mean if THAT doesn't hammer the last nail home on SE's coffin I don't know WHAT will. Seriously, I know I'm an uber happy person but HOW can people be so depressed when DE are OBVIOUSLY endgame? :D

In the end the writers need to give the crowd what they want or lose their careers...and since what most people want is DE endgame....helllloooo! Do the maths!
You know I recently checked the list for TCA sci/fantasy category, there included Anna Torpev and Ginnifer Goodwin. Of course there are also another fan's fave Nina. For the bonnie fans this doesn't go well for them because it seems their queen will have to compete with several veteran actress to win the award. Hopefully they don't use Nian for scapegoat like last year if Kat doesn't win this year.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना DelenaDiaries said…
meh
'Worried about what the future holds for Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley)? ' No, no I am not worried about Damon and Stefan's future. I don't care if they hate each other until the end of time. Not everyone is as 'Team Salvatore' as Julie Plec.
I mean as obsessed as Julie Plec is with them, why doesn't she just ditch the triangle and make a LINE?
And something else annoying is how many people say that Debekah are a hot couple. She tried to kill him while he hung from a ceiling from his wrists. And this is hot?
Wow I sound psychotic. Okay then.
Debekah = ugh. It annoys me too that people can like them as a couple, or think they would be good together. She tortured Damon. Enough said.

And can I just say how much it irks me that whenever Damon is pictured with a girl who is not Elena, everyone immediately jumps to conclusions about their 'relationship', and assumes they will hook up. Why for heaven's sake? Does Damon have to bang every woman he sits next to or speaks to? Whenever the producers or the cast say these 5 words: "New. Love. Interest. For. Damon" I have to grit my teeth. Shut the heck up! Damon already HAS a love interest! He doesn't need a 'new' one! I mean, there was Rose, and she died. He had Andie, and she died too, thanks to Stefan. He sort of hooked up with Sage, she betrayed him and she also died. He hooked up with Rebekah a few times, she strung him up by the wrists and tortured him. Oh, and there was Caroline and I don't know if Isobel counts, but yeah, she died too, and we all know how his thing with Katherine turned out. I mean, what is the point to any of these relationships when the writers obviously don't give a damn one way or the other? What is the point when the girl either stabs him in the back or dies, or both? What is the point when Damon loves ELENA and if he loved anyone else, then he would look kind of fickle and make the triangle look weak? Damon and his 'new love interest' would be the death knell of the triangle, the writers know that. That's why any relationship he has ends up being very short-lived or superficial. If the writers aren't going to do the story properly, then I would rather not see it at all. End of. So no, I don't want to see Damon with a new love interest at all in S4. I want him to get together with Elena. I'm tired of these bevy of girlfriends the writers keep bringing in, just to kill them off or to betray Damon. He doesn't need a 'new love interest'. He needs Elena. She's the one he loves, so why not just go with that?
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना HaleyDewit said…
smirk
I think those people who think Debekah are hot, are the same people that think Bamon are hot. As long as Damon gets tortured it's hot.
big smile
haha i really couldn't have said it better myself haleydewit!!! they are so obviously BAMON fans!!! and delenasalvatore? RIGHT YOU ARE..AGAIN!!!! lolz
smile
lol it looks that TVD writers have a tendency to use sex appeal of male actors to win the audiences. engaging Ian and Paul in making porn-like sex scene with Katherine. Rebekah and Sage which sometimes it is almost uncomfortable to watch. Sometimes I wonder if JP focus too much on the physical aspect of relationship while ignoring what is important-build up
big smile
i think damon and elena have had an incredible buildup 4 the past three seasons and as far as i'm concerned the ONLY couple given such attention 2 detail and the actual courtesy of the writers being so invested in the beauty of their buildup and journey that i for 1 am looking forward 2 their sex or rather MAKING LOVE scene and will feel comfortable as hell watching and re-watching it over and over and over and.......................................­...­...­...­...­...­...­.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Nutika said…
@aceg I don't think so. They doing it to show some guys shirtless etc but when it comes to important couples like Delena (And I think I could add here Klaroline) they make bouild up :) They are gving us 3 and more season f it with no sex. And remember that there are another shows where producers use more 'boobs' as my male friens calls scenes like that :)
And I agree with @delenaluv. Delena is a couple that you can find a lot references to in the show scenery and music :)
@Nutika: I just wish the writers would stick up with major couple which they intended a build up and won't use unnecessary sex/flings to create drama. lol it is no question about Ian's charm but his character doesn't have to be in bed with random women to prove that ;D

There are already complaints since Andie Star make her debut, criticized TPTB for Damon getting naked with women while ignore the little witch to darkness. Some people even claimed that exploring sexuality of Kat/Bonnie would be more interesting than Damon's flings lol.
angry
you know what guys, don't you think that it's unfair, that JP said damon is going to have to change, in order for elena to love him??!!! SO WHAT SHE IS BASICALLY SAYING, IS THAT IN ORDER FOR SOMEONE TO LOVE YOU, YOU MUST CHANGE WHO YOU ARE???!!!!! im sorry, but who is she to tell us that??!!! you should NEVER have to change who you are!! not for anyone!!, the real lesson is that, that person is supposed to love YOU regardless of your faults!!! and if damon can love ALL of elena, then whay can't elena do the same for him hmm....why does HE have to change, and her stay the same??!!! THAT'S HARDLY FAIR IS IT!!!! im telling you, trying to reason with julie plec, is like trying to reason with a 5 year old!!! THAT WOMEN DOES IN THE LEAST UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF: in order for the love to be real, then that person, has to love ALL of their other half, in order for the relationship to be real!! and that's the way it is!!!
angry
if elena said in s2 that she likes him just the way he is then i guess it's safe 2 say she loves him just the way he is since we know that like has really been love 4 quite some time!! is jp saying that stefan was and is deserving of elena even through all the lies, deception, betrayal and hurt that he has caused her...how is 1 more than deserving than the other? i would think damon was more deserving cuz good bad or indifferent what u see is what u got with damon and sometimes u didn't see or know about the good and u still got it cuz he wasn't looking 2 a pat on the back or absolution from anybody but himself!! for a writer it's ironic that she doesn't seem 2 know wtf she's saying or really know these characters eventhough she's writing their story. i think she needs 2 watch or re-watch from s1 cuz she has obviously 4gotten how much damon has changed and how truely deserving he really is!!!
big smile
Man!! poor ian is getting soooooo much hatred from stelena and bamon fans...JEALOUSY IS A BITCH ISN'T IT CHILDREN!!!!
angry
Sorry to burst your bubble your bubble julie plec, but elena has loved damon for a long time!!, she is only now beginning to see that!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना NateHeartSerena said…
The definition of having no logic-

Bamon fans- They hate "good guy Damon" and feel as though Elena is forcing him to change for the worst, yet want him to have his edge back and be like season 1 Damon, and think that Bonnie would be accepting of who Damon truly is and challenge him.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????

Bonnie hates vampires. Bonnie hated season 1 Damon. Bonnie barely tolerates season 2 and season 3 Damon. Bonnie has made two attempts on Damon's life (not despelling the Gilbert device and lighting him on fire). Bonnie wants nothing to do with Damon. INSERT CRAZY BAMON FAN LOGIC HERE = Bonnie would accept and challenge Damon in a healthy way therefore allowing them to have an amazing relationship.

Um ok. Super healthy to be mind whamming your significant other into being obiediant but also keeping his edge because if his nice, then his boring and its Elenas fault and its bad, but when he kills and feeds on humans its fun to watch, but Bonnie hates that stuff so she'd stop him but also accept him and if he changes to be nice its Elenas fault...... SEE! NO LOGIC. NO KNOWLEDGE. Explain this reasoning. Oh wait, they can't because THERE IS NONE!

Bamon fan logic - "Elena makes Damon a wimp"
Damon has switched back on the humanity, he considers others and has fallen in love. Elena encourages her friends, family and Stefan to understand Damon and is constantly reaching out to him and giving him support "you and I- we have something- an understanding", "I like you now just the way you are", etc. Damon is now a hero of sorts, who helps save the town both BONNIE AND ELENA live in "I came to this town wanting to destroy it and now I find myself wanting to protect it", "somewhere along the way you (Elena) decided I was worth saving", etc. He has a better relationship with Stefan than his had in years and a better relationship with people in general. He is no longer a mass murderer. INSERT BAMON LOGIC HERE = Elena is the absolute worst for Damon and doesnt accept him for who he is.

Now for all of you who have stuck it out this far and have your brain scrambled by the lack of logic, im going to break it down for you-

Violent season 1 Damon= what Bamon fans want. What Bamon fans think Bonnie could love/control.
Reluctant Hero Season 2/3 Damon= what Bamon fans hate.

So basically to sum it all up. Damon should go back to his season1 anti social violent mass murdering self and Bonnie will accept him for who he is but challenge him through mind whammies to not be that person. Accept him.... but change him through violence? Ok.... coz that makes total sense...

AKA THEY JUST WISH IT WAS BONNIE THROUGH, CHALLENGING HIM( aka violence), THAT CAUSED DAMON TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER RATHER THAN DAMON CHANGING THROUGH HIS LOVE FOR ELENA.

You've reached the end of NO LOGIC 101.

If your brain hurts, that's normal.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना HaleyDewit said…
mischievous
Ahh, those crazy Bamon fans xD Always good for a laugh xD
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना JanaP said…
NateHeartSerena lol Bamon fans don´t make sense in their statement that Bonnie accepts Damon as he is and would never change him. Especially laughable when you remmeber Bonnies line to Stefan about Damon needing to change otherwise she will kill him- which she almost did in S2...
laugh
bamon fans make no fuckin sense cuz they r just pissed that ELENA made damon become the better man who actually does have the ability 2 feel and love when they wish it was bonnie! becuz it was elena and his love 4 her that gave him his humanity back , he's a wimp and a pussy but if it was bonnie that accomplished all this and had damon's love then he would be a better man...but under the mighty witches control ofcoarse cuz that screams healthy relationship!!! in thier obvious jealousy they end up making no sense and contradicting themselves but r 2 envious and bitter 2 realize how stupid and sad they really sound!!!
big smile
wow!!! they really think this??????!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! im....im not even going to go into detail here!!! this is just beyond INSANE!!!!!! , do they expect us to believe that they understand how REAL relationships work????!!!! omg OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना RealismHurts said…
First Karoline, now this. -_-