क्लॅसिक डिज़्नी मूलन and Pocahontas: The Forgotten Princesses

Sireenqueen posted on Jul 10, 2012 at 03:35AM
Recently Disney held a parade for all of the Disney Princesses, including Tiana and Rapunzel, the two newest princesses; but the parade did not include two very important princesses: Mulan and Pocahontas. What bothers me is how much people talk about Cinderella and Belle without even thinking of Mulan and Pocahontas.

Mulan is a Chinese princess who impersonates a man and takes her father's place in a battle.
Pocahontas is a Native American woman who falls in love with an English captain and stops his execution after their secret love was revealed.

Both of these women deserve to be given more recognition, and I hope you all agree.

क्लॅसिक डिज़्नी 3 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना author7 said…
I agree. I coinsider both as my faovrites. I like that Mulan is so brave and that Pocahontas is so friendly to the nature. I also think they should have more time in the spootlight.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना glelsey said…
Yeah, I noticed how the Disney company seems to ignore the two characters/leave them out of certain princess-y things. Which is strange because both continue to receive a lot of love from their fans - you'd think they would want to be cashing in on that!

The characters are noticeably more action-oriented than most other Disney Princesses, the atmosphere of the movie Pocahontas is pretty different to the atmosphere of many of the other princess movies, and personally I really appreciate how neither of the movies feel overly-American, in terms of culture (yes, I realise that's an odd thing to say about a Native American set movie, but I like how they captured a different atmosphere in the film). While plenty of Disney movies have their own charms that make them wonderful, I can't deny that Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and Frozen all feel like they are set in the US. Sure, they made the effort of throwing in a few non-American accents for a select few characters, Beauty and the Beast sometimes has characters speak a word or two in French, and Frozen contains a bit of Norwegian yoik chanting, but otherwise they're very much American. I felt like Pocahontas and Mulan were two of the movies that managed to stay a little clearer of that.

I think it's great that the princess line-up is becoming more and more diverse, in terms of race, personality, abilities that the characters have, and so on. But it's kind of annoying when they don't put the spotlight on the less typical ones (since this thread first started, I've noticed Tiana gaining less attention from the company too). Let's see what happens with Moana, and more specifically, how the company treats her!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Efee said…
That's really weird. It's true that Mulan was put there without being a real princess in the filk himself (the first, anyway, didn't watch the second). But she surely could present the princesses of her time (Unlike the old one which were really the old fastioned princess). Pocahntas the same. She never gets the offical title of princess in the movie (despite being the chief's daughter). But again, she fits her place among the princesses.

Shame on them. I think Aurara, for example doesn't deserve much attction as she hardly appears in the movie. I don't say to put her out, but she should be put out before those two, if you ask me. (And I don't care if she sounds nice or not).