किताबें पढ़ने के लिए What book are आप currently reading? Why? How far are you?

PkmnTrainerJ posted on Aug 08, 2007 at 08:30PM
link

Why?
I love David & Leigh Eddings books and the synopsis on this got me intrigued. Stand alone tale though, so I need a new one after this

How far?
To where he Althalus has just reached The House At The End Of The World.

किताबें पढ़ने के लिए 123 उत्तरों

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 123

एक साल  से अधिक पुराना LisaS said…
The Moon's a Balloon, David Niven Autobiography

Because I enjoy his movies, wanted to know more about his life from his point of view, and it had great reviews.

The part where he has just moved to America.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना DrDevience said…
Hell 101 - Because my daughter's boyfriend wrote it ;)

IT is a book of horror-themed short stories and I've only read the first one so far and loved it... plan to get to one story per night before bed.

(I've read the Eddings books and loved them too)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना tubby2002 said…
The Dragon Quartet- The Book of Water

Why: Because I was talking to the girl at the books store, looking for a book to read (and I like fantasy books) and she recomended it to me. I loved the first book of it (The book of Earth) so I moved to the second...

How far: I am a little more than half way through it... The part where N'Doch finally accepts Water as being his dragon and is about to take them to the City.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Lunatic said…
Jane Eyre. Because for the summer I'm reading all the classics I can think of that I haven't read already. I've only just started (I've spent 30 mins on reading it) and Jane is going to school.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना fashionfuture said…
Amrita by Banana Yoshimoto

I randomly picked up two books which were a collection of short stories by her and loved them so I bought a novel by her.

Only about 8 chapters in but her style of writing is addictive so I will finish in a few days.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना imtkldpnk said…
I am currently reading "The Judas Strain" by James Rollins. Very good book.

I am at a point where Gray is trying to bargain to Nasser to spare his parents life.
About 3/4 the way through.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Sunflower said…
Book: Otherland: River of Blue Fire by Tad Williams

Why: My husband recommended this series of 4 mammoth sci-fi books. I read the first volume for easter and this second one this summer. Each book is 800 pages, so I need a lot of time on my hands to make any real progress :)

How far: I have about 150 pages left and now my vacation is over...
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना katie89 said…
Like "Lunatic" I also read many classics this summer. Right now I'm reading Wuthering Heights. I'm on page 200 but I'm kind of bored with it.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना msqueenbea said…
Book: John connolly The Unquiet

Why: Because his books are awesome

How far: I've only just started it, i only finished the latest Karin Slaughter yesterday.
last edited एक साल  से अधिक पुराना
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना curiouscat said…
i just started reading The Wee Free Men by the funny terry pratchett. nearing the end of chapter 4.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना PkmnTrainerJ said…
link

Why?
I am reading through the books that are referenced or featured on Lost, and this is one of them. I also never read it originally after I read Alice In Wonderland for the first time.

How far?
Just about to start, have just finished Alice In Wonderland to prepare me.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Sunflower said…
I just finished a book (Lisie's Story by Stephen King). Now I'm starting on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I can't wait :)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना tubby2002 said…
I am reading Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton because I read about five or six of her other books so i thought that I would start her Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series and this is the frist one....I just started it last night so I am only about 30 pages or so into it.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना aimeemarie said…
chuck klosterman IV by chuck klosterman. b/c he is amazing and hilarious.

another good read of his - killing yourself to live. it's priceless.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना marissa said…
im reading three books right now.
(one at school, one at home, one at my dads...)

tuesdays with morrie, im about half way through.
pride and prejudice, i think i just past the half way point.
dracula, im almost a quarter of the way through it.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना twilightlover13 said…
dairy queen b/c the librarian at my school recommended it to me. :)

also reading extras by scott westerfeld

and mrs. dalloway by virginia wolf
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना caintil31 said…
I have to read a book called The Brave for english class but at the moment I'm rereading Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना iluvjesse said…
Eclipse By Stephenie Meyer

Why?
I've already read New Moon and Twilight, and I need to finish the series (or so far whats been released)!

How far?
Page 429
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Gabsimom said…
I am reading The Dragon Quartet- book of fire

Why: because I saw someone reading the 1st 2 here and have since read all the way up to fire.

How Far: Erde and the gang are now in the future checking on some smoke.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना theraconteur said…
Maya by Jostein Gaarder

I'm like 30 pages in...I have no time to read these days! :(

Why I'm reading it: Because I love Gaarder, and this synopsis sounded awesome!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना gileygirl said…
Crank

i just finished this book recently. it was just an moving book, although the book was written in poem form. It was just a fantastic book. I enjoyed it a lot. I heard this book was good from reviews and what not, so i thought i would read it.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना doonis said…
Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut

Why: Because the writing is brilliant and I love Kurt Vonnegut

I'm near the beginning where Dwayne starts going insane and Kilgore Trout gets ready to go to the convention.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ineedcoffee said…
Just bought Love In the Time of Cholera mainly because If you watch john cusak movies he mentions it in almost everyone, and now they are making it into a movie so what better time. but I'm only on page 2 slow going not that great right now....lol

last book was the new kathy reichs book "Bones To Ashes" excellent read especially if you like the show Bones which is loosely based on her books.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना snoznoodle said…
Shadow in the North by Phillip Pullman.

Why:
I love the His Dark Material series and decided to read his other books. It's a sequel to the Ruby in the Smoke and both of them are just fantastic! Murder mysteries. I just love them! Philip Pullman is my new fav author. In front of JK Rowling now.

How far:
Just about half way. I don't want it to end! There's a bit too much going on to explain it all.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना blisslikethis said…
yay Philip Pullman! i haven't read the murder-mystery novels, but they're on my list for sure. i'm currently reading The Story of B by Daniel Quinn.

Why?
- because Ishmael (his first book) is possibly my favourite book of all time, and Story of B has been on my list for a long time

How Far?
- about a third of the way in.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना sardines said…
De gebroken harp ( the broken harp)
Why? Because I am writing a play about it
How far? Uhm, I've read it three times, and now I'm at page 20 or something
im now reading Les Mis (im only about 150 pages in! :S) and Lord of the Flies (about a quater of the way in.)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना nuimdave said…
Under The Banner Of Heaven.
Why? to see if it was true what mormons think of black people maong other things
How Far? last few chapters
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना luvrofedward said…
The Silver Kiss
Because its probably my second favorite vampire love stories of all time.
Third Chapter, this is the fourth time I've read it.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना werdna570 said…
The Sea of Monsters

I read the first book the Lightning Thief and it was good

Im on the first page(Haven't really got time to)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Cara09 said…
I am reading Beauty by Robin Mckinly
Why: i read her bookk deerskin and loved it and i really like reading retellings of fariytails.

I am almost to the end

I am also reading a bunch of other books again like the golden compass and the sixth harry potter book and the ropemaker, all really good books
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना DarkSarcasm said…
Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Why? I just finished school for this semester, and I finally have time to read again. I went with a friend to see the movie when it came to theaters, and I'm disappointed in myself that it took me this long to track down a copy and start reading. =P

I just finished classes on Wednesday, so I'm about 1/4 of the way in.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ThinkPink20 said…
I just finished Deception Point by Dan Brown.

Why?
I've read three of his books already, and loved his work.

How far?
Well, I'm done! I stayed up to finish it. It's LOOONG!
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना allymon08 said…
confessions by St Augustine and Fear of de Sade by Bernardo Carvalho. Both very good books. im about halfway through carvalho and just started confessions today.

i think everyone should read phantom of the opera by gaston leroux, everybody seems to have watched a visual representation but the novel is not well known. its quite short - so thats my two cents for today.

merry christmas everyone
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Shandy said…
I just finished Circle of Flight by John Marsden and now im reading Confessor by Terry Goodkind.

Why?
cause i love his books and its the last in the series.

How far?
just started
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना layla_14 said…
Lucas by Kevin Brooks

Why?
my friend suggested this book to me she said it was a really good and that i should read it.

How Far?
Just started today, i'm on page 116.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना inespinto said…
The Trial by Franz Kafka

Why?
Because I've always wanted to read something by Kafka (this is my first)

How Far?
First Chapter
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना kat_13 said…
Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind. second book in Sword of Truth series.
why?
i need some adventure, action, and philosphy to get a break from all the romantic fanfiction i've been reading lately.
how far?
pg 76 out of 979. i only started rereading it yesterday.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना theraconteur said…
Smile While You're Lying by Chuck Thompson

Why?
Because I love travel narratives, so this book about debunking the myths of travel writing seemed interesting and entertaining. This guy is the Chuck Klosterman of travel writers, in my opinion.

How far?
166 pages in...a little more than halfway done.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना katie89 said…
Emma by Jane Austen

why? i recently watched pride and prejudice again and i was in need of a jane austen fix.

how far? just got started.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Gabitha said…
Im reading Pride and Prejudice at the moment for the 100th time!

WHY?
Because i have nothing else to read and i have not had a chance to go to a bookshop for a while adn im on school holidays! lol

HOW FAR?
Im up to where Darcy is about to go in and ask Mr.Bennett if he could marry Elizabeth! I love it and never get sick of it.

(I've read the Eddings books and loved them too)
(i love scott westerfeld too)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना krazykray said…
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

Why?
School

How far?
Ch.7

I don't really like it at all, but I've read worse(Catcher In the Rye)
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना tessajanuary said…
I'm reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. It's for IB English at school, but I was planning on reading it anyway. I just got started - I'm in the 3rd chapter I think.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Katreader said…
I'm currently reading Murder at the Monks' Table by Sister Carol Anne O'Marie.

Why? Because I've been following the adventures of fictional Sister Mary Helen for several books and look forward to each new adventure.

How far? I'm a little over half way through this delightful cozy mystery.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना Pippi21 said…
What: I'm reading L'Education Sentimentale by Gustave Flaubert.

Why: Because I have an oral exam about it in a week. And about 15 other books. But I've kinda finished those already.

Where: Halfway through, up where Mr and Mrs Arnoux have a fight and Frederic fixes it in the end.
Currently half-way through Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction by Sue Townsend.

Why? Because it is sometimes hard to find books in English here so I just grabbed it awhile back and finally decided to read it yesterday.

It is funny as hell! Now I need all the Adrian Mole books....
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना blind_moon said…
What:
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Why:
Well a friend of mine loved the book and told me to read it, and since I’ve started this list of books to read that are real classics, I tough great expectations should be the first lol

How Far:
In the beginning of chapter eight when Pip goes to Miss Havisham’s house
the little princess, almost done.

les mis., nearly a third of the way through it.
एक साल  से अधिक पुराना ahastie7 said…
Reading 4 books now:
The Edge Chronicles -- Beyond the Deepwoods (half-way in);
Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality (half-way in);
My Life at Grey Gardens: 13 Months and beyond (3/4 finished);
The Audacity of Hope (just started)

Why those? They seemed interesting and come recommended by friends I trust.
Being Young by Astrid Young

It is a book about her growing up in the Young family. It is outstanding. It arrived yesterday and I read it 3/4s of the way immediately.

Why? I know Astrid from her days as the lead singer of Sacred Child, and interviewed her last summer for Teen Trend Magazine - so I was sent an advance copy for review by Insomniac Press.

It is due out April 1, 2008 - I highly recommend you order it now.